Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Who Is Esther ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Esther ? (13944 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) / Reverend Esther Ajayi And A Cleavage-Baring Woman At Ovation Christmas Carol / Lisa, Esther Ajayi Daughter's Birthday Party Dress (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Esther ? by sonmvayina(m): 8:42am On Mar 31, 2019
Kowor:

I read something similar. Many books are related to the queen of heaven, including image if the virgin.

Thanks, I think it is same being but different nomenclature.. Inanna, aphrodite, Venus, shiva, olokun.... Etc are all her arctypes... She will also be Mary I. E the mother of jesus in the Christian religion...
Re: Who Is Esther ? by peter147: 8:45am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
So this is Esther ?
I use to picture Esther as a busty ebony lady o
. Lol
Re: Who Is Esther ? by collinsfhk(m): 8:45am On Mar 31, 2019
brightisodje:
I'm very hungry this buhari regine tire me after school n NYSC no work i believe yahoo is calling me my house rent is due small 150k for a year plz nairaland i need who will tech me yahoo business pls im ready to be boy for just 6 months i must deliver any were in Nigeria i will come 09064466626

Considering yahoo say a lot about your moral standing. Go get a skill. I could be of help depending on your location.
Re: Who Is Esther ? by ksstroud: 8:57am On Mar 31, 2019
So Esther is an Indian all these while...
I dunno ooo
Re: Who Is Esther ? by dingbang(m): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2019
Waiting for the feminists to come and infiltrate this thread with their bullsheet
Re: Who Is Esther ? by DavidEsq(m): 9:09am On Mar 31, 2019
youngest85:
So this is Esther ?
I use to picture Esther as a busty ebony lady o
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Esther ? by Greenback: 9:15am On Mar 31, 2019
I admire girls called Esther and Bose
grin
Re: Who Is Esther ? by SIRTee15: 9:21am On Mar 31, 2019
Queen Vashti didn't do anything wrong, stop portraying her in a negative light....
If anything, she should be applauded for defying a stupid summon that intends to demean and ridicule her self-worth, just so that some intoxicated drunks can feast their eyes on her.....
she had the courage to maintain her dignity and self-respect by refusing to dance and parade herself in the presence of some drunken old fools....
she's a QUEEN not a tadpole dancer...
her self-respect and high character meant more to her than the crown. Rather than cater to the vanity and sensuality of drunkards, she courageously sacrificed a kingdom....
Vashti refused to lower the white banner of womanly modesty and that for me is a plus.....

What Xerxes demanded was a surrender of womanly honor, and Vashti, who was neither vain nor wanton, was unwilling to comply.
The only true ruler in that drunken court was the woman who refused to exhibit herself like a prostitute, even at the king’s command.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God...
and for that, queen vashti has got my respect.....

Even, the king regretted his action afterwards when he became sober and had a deep thought about the whole event....

BTW...
christians are quick to condemn today's beauty pageant as immoral and ungodly, but conveniently chose to omit the fact that Esther was crowned queen after competing and winning a beauty contest, organised by king Xerxes who's known for rampant debauchery and sodomy in his court....

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Esther ? by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 31, 2019
Was her kpekus tight?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Esther ? by chally100(m): 9:24am On Mar 31, 2019
Hadassah
Re: Who Is Esther ? by Kowor(f): 10:13am On Mar 31, 2019
sonmvayina:

Thanks, I think it is same being but different nomenclature.. Inanna, aphrodite, Venus, shiva, olokun.... Etc are all her arctypes... She will also be Mary I. E the mother of jesus in the Christian religion...
Semiramis the carved imaged of Mary that is popularly worshipped.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Esther ? by Enice(m): 10:18am On Mar 31, 2019
the king was drunk and wanted to show the beauty of the queen how? was is that people had never seen the face of the queen before or what? the truth of the matter is that the king was drunk and qwooanted the queen to dance completely naked before guests. she refused and esther was called. esther danced naked and the king was aroused. he slept with esther and he became hooked to her doing her bidding. int modern times this is what is called prostitution. esther was a prostitute and we should discourage people from acting as such.
Re: Who Is Esther ? by Enice(m): 10:50am On Mar 31, 2019
the queen was right in disobeying the king. a husband is high on shekpe, monkey tail and soldier root. he wants to finish the day with lashing/straffing. he calls his wife to come and dance naked before his guest so that his dick will be straight up. the wife refuses to be humiliated that way. he calls the maid and she goes extra miles by including twerking, nikky minaj bend down low and tiwa salvage roll am. the guy is hooked and did the firing of his life that day. now you say the maid is a heroine. no sir, she is a prostitute.
Re: Who Is Esther ? by dazzlingd(m): 10:59am On Mar 31, 2019
You mean goddess ishstar that was coined to Esther

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Esther ? by boiz2men(m): 11:09am On Mar 31, 2019
Kowor:

Semiramis the carved imaged of Mary that is popularly worshipped.

Hey, young world. Someone's knocking at your door. Don't you hear it? undecided
Re: Who Is Esther ? by sonmvayina(m): 11:14am On Mar 31, 2019
dazzlingd:
You mean goddess ishstar that was coined to Esther

Somebody that really understands the story..
Re: Who Is Esther ? by columbus007(m): 12:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
namiji2598:

guy cool down, hustle in the right way, I understand ur pain but bro making money in the wrong way can never last forever DNT make ur end to come soon, find other means of hustling,am also a Serving Corp member in akwa ibom,but bro have faith,pray, hustle and u will surely do it.ritual money and blood money cannot last forever �� they comes with destruction
bro no need he won't take, he has made up his mind smiley
Re: Who Is Esther ? by namiji2598: 12:15pm On Mar 31, 2019
columbus007:
bro no need he won't take, he has made up his mind smiley
is that why u want to draw him to the bad gamesso we should fold our hands and watch

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Esther ? by stanleychybyke(m): 1:19pm On Mar 31, 2019
Esther husband snatcher grin
Re: Who Is Esther ? by femi4: 1:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
SIRTee15:
Queen Vashti didn't do anything wrong, stop portraying her in a negative light....
If anything, she should be applauded for defying a stupid summon that intends to demean and ridicule her self-worth, just so that some intoxicated drunks can feast their eyes on her.....
she had the courage to maintain her dignity and self-respect by refusing to dance and parade herself in the presence of some drunken old fools....
she's a QUEEN not a tadpole dancer...
her self-respect and high character meant more to her than the crown. Rather than cater to the vanity and sensuality of drunkards, she courageously sacrificed a kingdom....
Vashti refused to lower the white banner of womanly modesty and that for me is a plus.....

What Xerxes demanded was a surrender of womanly honor, and Vashti, who was neither vain nor wanton, was unwilling to comply.
The only true ruler in that drunken court was the woman who refused to exhibit herself like a prostitute, even at the king’s command.
Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God...
and for that, queen vashti has got my respect.....

Even, the king regretted his action afterwards when he became sober and had a deep thought about the whole event....

BTW...
christians are quick to condemn today's beauty pageant as immoral and ungodly, but conveniently chose to omit the fact that Esther was crowned queen after competing and winning a beauty contest, organised by king Xerxes who's known for rampant debauchery and sodomy in his court....
Vashti was rude by not obeying the King.

Nothing stop her from coming before the King and state her reason for not wanting to dance.

Abraham OBEYED till the last minute when God decided to provide a ram as a subtitute for his only son for sacrifice.

A rí Ọbá fin, l'Ọ́bá ń pa

Compare the beauty pageant of today to the description given about Esther's appearance in the Bible.
Besides, it was their of choosing a new wife for the King.

Today's beauty pageant has nothing to do with culture or tradition
Re: Who Is Esther ? by femi4: 1:46pm On Mar 31, 2019
I prefer her Jewish name Haddasah
Re: Who Is Esther ? by columbus007(m): 2:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
namiji2598:

is that why u want to draw him to the bad gamesso we should fold our hands and watch
am different, if only you know what i mean smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Esther ? by SIRTee15: 2:27pm On Mar 31, 2019
femi4:
Vashti was rude by not obeying the King.

Nothing stop her from coming before the King and state her reason for not wanting to dance.

Abraham OBEYED till the last minute when God decided to provide a ram as a subtitute for his only son for sacrifice.

A rí Ọbá fin, l'Ọ́bá ń pa

Compare the beauty pageant of today to the description given about Esther's appearance in the Bible.
Besides, it was their of choosing a new wife for the King.

Today's beauty pageant has nothing to do with culture or tradition

Guy, that request wasn't wasn't only about dance...
it was about displaying his wife as an object of lustful satisfaction to the public......
The jewish book of Midrash even wrote she was meant to appear nude with only the crown on her head.....
This was an insult and breach of custom for women in the Eastern mesopotamian culture.....
where women live in seclusion and are only expected to appear before their husband in privacy.....
The queen appearing will make her a subject of ridicule among the public in the entire kingdom....
Vashti knew she was struck between 2 evils immediately the summon came...
and kudos, she chose to go with the evil that will ensure her dignity and honour remain intact.....

Its important to state that vashti herself is from a noble background.....
she was the daughter of the former king of Babylon, Belshezzhar and the great grand daughter of king Nebudchadnezzar ...
she was raised a princess in a royal family in the palace and had lived an aristocratic life even before she became queen.....
So, she knew what dignity, honour and disregard for woman is all about....
Right from childhood she's been trained how to behave like a queen and when to NO to instructions that put her reputation at stake......

The drunken king forgot this and even went further to make further decrees that night banishing vashti from court.....
Later, when the king was much sober and likely regretful of his impulsive anger, he thought about vashti...
unfortunately, persian law once enacted couldn't be revoked.....

as per the beauty contest.....
Xerxes kidnapped those girls from their homes throughout his kingdom after losing the Greek war(remember the 300 movie)
and he slept with everyone of them before deciding who he will make queen....
Even in ancient Persian custom, that wasn't the right way to choose a queen....
Kings choose concubine in such demeaning manner.....
And I wonder how that's different from the nonsense they do today...
don't the girls sleep with organizers' of the pageant so they can wear the crown....

1 Like

Re: Who Is Esther ? by femi4: 2:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
SIRTee15:

Guy, that request wasn't wasn't only about dance...
it was about displaying his wife as an object of lustful satisfaction to the public......
The jewish book of Midrash even wrote she was meant to appear nude with only the crown on her head.....
This was an insult and breach of custom for women in the Eastern mesopotamian culture.....
where women live in seclusion and are only expected to appear before their husband in privacy.....
The queen appearing will make her a subject of ridicule among the public in the entire kingdom....
Vashti knew she was struck between 2 evils immediately the summon came...
and kudos, she chose to go with the evil that will ensure her dignity and honour remain intact.....

Its important to state that vashti herself is from a noble background.....
she was the daughter of the former king of Babylon, Belshezzhar.....
she was raised a princess in a royal family in the palace and had lived an aristocratic life even before she became queen.....
So, she knew what dignity, honour and disregard for woman is all about....
Right from childhood she's been trained how to behave like a queen and when to NO to instructions that put her reputation at stake......

The drunken king forgot this and even went further to make further decrees that night banishing vashti from court.....
Later, when the king was much sober and likely regretful of his impulsive anger, he thought about vashti...
unfortunately, persian law once enacted couldn't be revoked.....

as per the beauty contest.....
Xerxes kidnapped those girls from their homes throughout his kingdom after losing the Greek war(remember the 300 movie)
and he slept with everyone of them before deciding who he will make queen....
Even in ancient Persian custom, that wasn't the right way to choose a queen....
Kings choose concubine in such demeaning manner.....
And I wonder how that's different from the nonsense they do today...
don't the girls sleep with organizers' of the pageant so they can wear the crown....
you still don't get it, you don't disrespect a king in those days irrespective of your reasons. A king is ABOVE all. He gives order, you OBEY. Its a great offence to be SUMMON by a King and failed to appear especially in the presence of others. Its a mixture of DISOBEDIENCE, RUDENESS and ARROGANCE

Esther made a request before the King at a time when she wasn't supposed to see the King but because it was done in HUMILITY her request was granted.

As regards the beauty contest, provide Bible verses to support your claims, don't just fill this place with beer parlor sayings
Re: Who Is Esther ? by SIRTee15: 3:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
femi4:
you still don't get it, you don't disrespect a king in those days irrespective of your reasons. A king is ABOVE all. He gives order, you OBEY. Its a great offence to be SUMMON by a King and failed to appear especially in the presence of others. Its a mixture of DISOBEDIENCE, RUDENESS and ARROGANCE

Esther made a request before the King at a time when she wasn't supposed to see the King but because it was done in HUMILITY her request was granted.

As regards the beauty contest, provide Bible verses to support your claims, don't just fill this place with beer parlor sayings

Kings of Persia rule by edicts and ordinances based on custom and tradition....
Their command isn't absolute....
For example, they don't have the power to reverse a law once enacted....
That's why king darius couldn't safe Daniel after he realised the law he passed was targeted at daniel.....
He couldn't say don't take Daniel to lions den, release him and let him go....
No, that order would be ignored....

And Esther herself would have been killed after her husband passed the death sentence to all jews orchestrated by Harman, if not that the king signed a counter law instructing jews to defend themselves....

Go and read esther 2.8-18 and tell me what it means to bring women to the kings harem and then each goes to his bed and spend a night with him....
So I guess the women join the king in speaking in tongue on his bed.... undecided undecided undecided

Read esther 2.12-14 very well and u will understand what the concubine beauty pageant was all about....
Esther was divinely favoured, that's why the narrative changed when it was her turn....
Of course, vashti didn't have such divine favour....
It had nothing to do with humility.....

Now, i want to believe u not one of those My pastor is always right....
Christians are not call to live like zombies....
we are like bereans, we question what we read and not just swallow everything just because the G.O said so....
Re: Who Is Esther ? by BOLENI97: 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
MORE GRACE
Re: Who Is Esther ? by BOLENI97: 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
undecided
Re: Who Is Esther ? by orisa37: 5:25pm On Mar 31, 2019
Esther could be Aisha winning Adamawa for Atiku.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between A Tithe, An Offering And A Seed? / Is Church Wedding Important? / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.