Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,969 members, 7,828,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People (9537 Views)

Inside Ilu Aje, A Ghost Village In Oyo, Where Money Has No Value. / What Ooni Said In An Interview About Igbo During Aje Festival / Olubadan Saliu Aje-Ogunguniso Visits Tinubu (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by orisa37: 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2019
igbodefender:

The Orisa... In your name... OK, I get it. Your passion for culture of your people.

Thanks. I am shining The Light, showing The Goodness and living The Life of God in me.
As for my moniker, it's a choice of Oduduwa
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by velocity25(m): 3:52pm On Apr 01, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by PointB: 5:47pm On Apr 01, 2019
igbodefender:

The Ooni is not ignorant. He knows what he is saying. The Obatalas were priest-kings in Aboriginal Ife, following the NRI priest-king tradition.

Their title included Oba Igbo and Osere Igbo. Today in Igbo Land we have Igwes. Are Igwes not sky fathers? Or, what does the Igwe title mean?

You didn't follow the guy I quoted.

He didn't say Obatala was a priest. He said Obatala was some deity who made all things. To me, that's co/ck and bull. Every culture has their idea of creator. It's not Obatala for the Igbos.

How are the Igwes sky father? Does adopting the title of gods make one a god?
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by PointB: 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
igbodefender:

You cannot begin to comprehend the Ooni's knowledge of the history of Southern Nigeria. He just scratched the surface for you.

Fear Ife.

History of Southern Nigeria is not same for everyone.

Obatala is a Yoruba deity. There it begins; there it ends!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by pcicero(m): 6:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
This Ooni is becoming an embarrassment to the throne.

That is what we get when tradition is discarded and politics and deep pockets determine who ascends the throne.

As for the post, he actually meant Ugbo not Igbo.

They are in present day Ondo state. Think of King Obateru of Obat Petroleum. Yeah, those are his people.

The elders of Ife and Yoruba at large may have to give an orientation on how a king of his status should conduct himself before he causes us a major embarrassment.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by LZAA: 6:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
immhotep:

Lzaa biko bia nürü.

Cc husbandsnatcha

1 Like

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by AnyoneButAtiku: 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
The Ooni goofed on this one.
Which one be Igbo race? Yoruba race?tongue

You'd never hear anyone mention an 'English race', 'Welsh race', 'Scottish race', 'Vikings race' or 'Celtic race', because those who invented the construct know the limits of their tomfoolery. But take a trip to Nigeria any day of the week, and watch the wonders of a decrepit education system playing out in the minds of its enlightened class!

#ArrantNonsensico

2 Likes

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Ziggylady(f): 6:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
meolaniyi:
l have never seen a tribe that is difficult to please like the Igbos. If The Oni had said the opposite you will be shouting. Now he has decided to massage your ego this time you are not still happy.

Why are Igbos full of hate?

"Massge our egos"s" right?..

.Except you have no idea what that phrase means,but i dare say that the response of Igbos on this thread not impressed is spot on.

"Massaging of Egos" are tools deployed by an enemy to soften one up for a kill.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by obainosis4real: 7:36pm On Apr 01, 2019
igbodefender:
The lineage of Oduduwa must be commended for maintaining excellent relations with the Igbo Aborigines of Ile Ife for the past 1000 years.

God Bless The Ooni, the Sun Emperor and Paramount Ruler of Ile Ife and leader of all Ife indigenes (both the descendants of Oduduwa and the descendants of Obatala).

God Bless The Obalufe, the Igbo chieftain and ruler of Ile Ife metropolis (now assimilated into Yoruba)

God Bless Obawinrin, the head of the Igbo Aborigines of Ile Ife (now assimilated into Yoruba)

Nigeria should learn unity and stability from the Great People of Ile Ife.
my brother no go buy land or build trade fair their ooo

Learn from Lagos senerio ...that was how it started... Develop their land at your own risk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by kayfra: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
obainosis4real:

Learn from Lagos senerio ...that was how it started... Develop their land at your own risk
Trade fair wey be Federal Government property Don turn to Ibo narrative?

Lmao

1 Like

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
PointB:

PointB, thou man of letters and scribe that engraveth chronicles in parchments thou hast spoken thine thoughts on this issue, and even on this very matter.

But hearken unto me, and pay heed to my very words: The Obatalas liveth in the golden land of Ile Ife, even to this very day.

The acts of the people of Ife from the beginnings of time, are they not recorded in the chronicles of times and the parchments of days of yore?

2 Likes

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 7:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
obainosis4real:

You are an agent of disunity. grin

So what if Ibos migrate to Ife and build a city there?

Ooni has spoken! Kaabiyesi o !
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 8:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
PointB:

PointB,
Obatala is actually Oba Atala. Don't you have a word in Ibo called Atala or Ala as well?
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by kayfra: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:

PointB,
Obatala is actually Oba Atala. Don't you have a word in Ibo called Atala or Ala as well?
Sh!t doesn't work that way grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by PointB: 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2019
igbodefender:

PointB, thou man of letters and scribe that engraveth chronicles in parchments thou hast spoken thine thoughts on this issue, and even on this very matter.

But hearken unto me, and pay heed to my very words: The Obatalas liveth in the golden land of Ile Ife, even to this very day.

The acts of the people of Ife from the beginnings of time, are they not recorded in the chronicles of times and the parchments of days of yore?

grin grin grin grin
Nice try.

O Igbodefender, proud and upright son of his father, and joy of his mother.
The man of letter does not deny the legend (or myth) of Obatala. Hearken to my words this day, Obatala exists in the lore of the inhabitants of West. The lores of the East honours many legends. Lo, Obatala was not one of them. Only the minds of the Ooni doth such vituperations proceeds!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by grandstar(m): 8:35pm On Apr 01, 2019
Igbo's , u see your life? When I said end all these tribalistic wars here, you no listen?

I said Igbos are doing well in Yoruba land and living in peace. That this online war is not the reality offline.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
There is something I don't hear clearly in the clip. Did Ooni mentioned "Igbo" of the eastern Nigeria or "Ugbo" of the southern Ondo State?

Ugbo people are well known in Ondo state. They have a strong history trace back to Ile-Ife. There is this supremacy battle between Olu-igbo and Ooni, and this battle is hung on Moremi who on a part she is seen as a Hero and on the other part is seen as Villian. What has this got to do with Igbo Okoro people? I don't understand

2 Likes

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by specco(m): 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
There is something I don't hear clearly in the clip. Did Ooni mentioned "Igbo" of the eastern Nigeria or "Ugbo" of the southern Ondo State?

Ugbo people are well known in Ondo state. They have a strong history trace back to Ile-Ife. There is this supremacy battle between Olu-igbo and Ooni, and this battle is hung on Moremi who on a part she is seen as a Hero and on the other part is seen as Villian. What has this got to do with Igbo Okoro people? I don't understand
But what the Ooni said is audible even to the deaf. Are you hard of hearing? You can't wriggle out of this one from your ROYAL father's mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
specco:

But what the Ooni said is audible even to the deaf. Are you hard of hearing? You can't wriggle out of this one from your ROYAL father's mouth.

Oga simply answer or swerve...

Did Ooni mentioned Igbo or Ugbo? I asked a simple question that deserve a simple answer.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 10:46pm On Apr 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

grin grin grin grin
Did you notice where Ooni said the IBO race? It is deliberate to distinguish them as a separate people from Yoruba race. In other words, he is referring to a people not in any way belonging in the Yoruba Commonwealth. It cannot be Ugbo of Ondo.

I believe you hit the nail on its head, this statement of Ooni is political and not a historical account. Obatala according to history and legend belongs to humanity and as the King (Oba) of The Realms (Atala) he embodies all elements of the four corners of the universe. To single him out as belonging to Ibos, OOni is talking about the single principle of Entrepreneurship and Commerce (Aje) and in contrast to claims by Oba Akinruntan of Ugbo claiming supremacy and superiority over Ife.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Did Ooni mentioned Igbo or Ugbo? I asked a simple question that deserve a simple answer.

He said Ibo race. They were the first through Obatala to receive the luminesce of Aje (commerce). He went further to say the Jews came out of the Ibo race.

Ooni is talking about the indigeneous Ibo race.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
MetaPhysical:

He said Ibo race. They were the first through Obatala to receive the luminesce of Aje (commerce). He went further to say the Jews came out of the Ibo race.

Ooni is talking about the indigeneous Ibo race.

What has Obatala got with Igbo and Jew? There is no contact between these parties in Ifa or Oral history.

This is outrightly wrong. Oonirisa or any Yoruba son shouldn't distort the purity in our spirituality or deform our legend or try to bend our history for some people. We don't need it.

I watched a silly clip on YouTube where one so called prof says Obatala is related to Habakkuk, prophet of jew. Before you know it, these people are going to twist our History and insult us with it.

1 Like

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by MetaPhysical: 11:19pm On Apr 01, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

What has Obatala got with Igbo and Jew? There is no contact between these parties in Ifa or Oral history.

This is outrightly wrong. Oonirisa or any Yoruba son shouldn't distort the purity in our spirituality or deform our legend or try to bend our history for some people. We don't need it.

I watched a silly clip on YouTube where one so called prof says Obatala is related to Habakkuk, prophet of jew. Before you know it, these people are going to twist our History and insult us with it.

I agree with you. I am only going with what Kaabiyesi said. grin I have no clue how Obatala is linked with Ibo. Is there another name for Ibo that perharps was mentioned in Ifa, and maybe those with the power of interpretation have decoded this. Again, we hear what Ooni said. He should be asked to give us clarification beyond the short clip.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 02, 2019
grandstar:
Igbo's , u see your life? When I said end all these tribalistic wars here, you no listen?

I said Igbos are doing well in Yoruba land and living in peace. That this online war is not the reality offline.

Peace to Igbos and Yorubas.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 02, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Ooni mentioned Igbo in Eastern Nigeria. Do you know that their are several towns named Ugbo in Igbo Land?
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by googi: 12:53am On Apr 02, 2019
This Igbo/Yoruba palaver has got out of hand.

There is nothing wrong with what Oni said. This was what most people know Igbo for in those days.

It is not enough to understand and speak Yoruba. You must understand the meaning of AJE.

Yoruba would praise anybody that patronize them, be they Igbo Hausa Agoyi or Zulu. Some traders prefer a stranger, a kid or even a spirit to be their first customer in the day all because of AJE.

That Igbo were good customers should not have generated so much controversy. Oni is right, Igbo have the spirit of good customers. It does not negate the fact that they are patronizing Yoruba traders. People read too much out of little.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 02, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Did Ooni mentioned Igbo or Ugbo? I asked a simplne question that deserve a simple answer.
The Olugbo (of Ugbo Ilaje) used to have the title of Olu Igbo hundreds of years ago. Are you aware of that?

The first Olugbo used to be the Obawinrin of Ife, during Moremi's time. Today, his cousin Obawinrin is the chief of the Igbo Authochtones of Ile Ife.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 02, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Yoruba history is a honourable history. Yoruba are the custodians of Ile Ife culture today, and nobody can take it from them.

Even the Igbos of Ife have been assimilated into Yoruba race today. So, let us celebrate wonderful history. As Ooni said, Yorubas remain custodians of this cultural phenomenon.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Emilokoiyawon: 1:03am On Apr 02, 2019
Another Yoruba man is fingering their brains and you can see it is having the expected effects...yeeboos are so easy. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by googi: 1:05am On Apr 02, 2019
You are right. Ugbo and Igbo has been confused from the past. Some Igbo claimed they were the original occupiers of Ife until Oba of Ugbo clarified the whole thing.

If we want to stick to ancient history though, there is very little difference between Yoruba and Igbo. Claiming Mecca as some Yoruba do and claiming Israel as some Igbo do is nothing short of inferiority complex. How can people of the old world claim new world as their ancestors?

igbodefender:
The Olugbo (of Ugbo Ilaje) used to have the title of Olu Igbo hundreds of years ago. Are you aware of that?

The first Olugbo used to be the Obawinrin of Ife, during Moremi's time. Today, his cousin Obawinrin is the chief of the Igbo Authochtones of Ile Ife.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 02, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

Ooni said Igbo, but it gets complicated. You see, Olugbo used to be Olu Igbo hundreds of years ago.
Re: Video: Ooni Links Aje Festival To Industrious Igbo People by Nobody: 1:15am On Apr 02, 2019
googi:

You are right. Ugbo and Igbo has been confused from the past. Some Igbo claimed they were the original occupiers of Ife until Oba of Ugbo clarified the whole thing.

If we want to stick to ancient history though, there is very little difference between Yoruba and Igbo. Claiming Mecca as some Yoruba do and claiming Israel as some Igbo do is nothing short of inferiority complex. How can people of the old world claim new world as their ancestors?

You have a mature and open mind. The Ooni is a great Yoruba monarch who has ruled both the Yorubas and the Igbo Autochtones of Ife with great justice for hundreds of years. That is why Ife is one of the most stable and inspiring parts of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Chairman: Odds Favour Iyorchia Ayu As North-Central Stakeholders Adopts Him / Yoruba Oil Blocks For Those That Say We Dont Have Oil In Yoruba Land. / I Slept In The Bush For 3 Days To Stay Alive – Female Corps Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.