Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,724 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Sex Education - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Education (899 Views)

Whats There To Learn In Sex Education,are Sex Acts Not Common Sense? / Sexercise & Seducation - Top Sex Education/training Video Now On SD Cards & Dvds / Sex Education For Kids Or Abtinence Only? What's Your Stance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2010
Gone are the days when parents and teachers alike would shy away from discussing sex related issues with their wards and pupil respectively.
But what i would like to seek Nairalanders opinion on is if (ABSTINENCE only Education) or a (COMPREHENSIVE sex education) is the way to go .

In Between Happy Holiday.
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 11:40am On Sep 09, 2010
Hehehe, good question femmy. I wanna see how people reply to this.
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 11:48am On Sep 09, 2010
@Nerd.Yeah.I sure want to learn from the posted anticipated response.
Re: Sex Education by Omolola1(f): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2010
@inkd, why dont u giv ur opinion first. @topic, both are gud but sex education without abstinence is nothng.
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 11:51am On Sep 09, 2010
@Omolola,
The comprehensive side involves the teaching of abstinence too.
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2010
Omolola1:

@inkd, why dont u giv your opinion first. @topic, both are gud but sex education without abstinence is nothng.

I want to wait a while before I respond. There are a couple of things going through my mind at the moment about this topic.
Re: Sex Education by Omolola1(f): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2010
Right! but what is d essence of teaching abstinence if the owner of the body cannot adhere to it. the two goes together
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2010
Hehehe, I'm liking the discussion already. I'll be back to this thread in a bit to throw in my two cents.
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 11:56am On Sep 09, 2010
The teacher does not know what is in/on the mind of the one being thought.He/she just have to do what was meant to be done and hope that the teaching does sow a positive seed in their heart.
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2010
@Nerd.
Very much expectant.
Re: Sex Education by MOBO444(f): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2010
Lecturer 101, hold biro and papers, drag chair closer to teacher.
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2010
;d
Re: Sex Education by Omolola1(f): 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
hehehehe
Re: Sex Education by Gbemyte(f): 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2010
Ther shud a comprehensive teachin. @mobo hope u ve nt com 2 polute dis thread wit ur bad atitude?
Re: Sex Education by Omolola1(f): 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2010
abi o
Re: Sex Education by chinedumo(m): 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
here is sex education
Singles:abstinence
doubles/couples:indulgence/creativity
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2010
@chinedumo,
Very self explanatory.
Re: Sex Education by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 09, 2010
Op at what age?
Re: Sex Education by Omolola1(f): 5:25pm On Sep 09, 2010
teen age
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2010
Yeah,teen age.
Re: Sex Education by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 10, 2010
one thing i've noticed about these young teens is that d more u tell dem about sex irrespective of ur good motives, the more they feel d urge to indulge in it.most times its useless
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 10:36am On Sep 10, 2010
I feel some will just not yield to the good lesson a teen educator anticipate they would learn but some would learn and put what they have learnt into good usage.
In all it is still better for them to be educated by more experience and older person that has their good at heart than we leaving them to the mercy of a peer educator who him/herself need to be educated on sex related issue.
Re: Sex Education by chinedumo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2010
@kunrazer are u trying to say it is better to leave them in apparent ignorance?
Re: Sex Education by femmy2010(m): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2010
That would make things worst.
Re: Sex Education by sistawoman: 3:53pm On Sep 10, 2010
I believe it is the parents responsibility to give their children and true comprehensive lesson on sex. I believe it is also equally important to have an open line of com muncation with your children so that they will tell you when they are ready or feel comfortable telling you which base they have arrived at.

My son is a teenager now. . . they sex talk was had with him years ago and has gotten more detailed as he has grown. . . he is so comfortable with me that I was the first to know when he saw real live boobs for the first time. . . I keep condoms in the house, in a spot that hubby, him and I only know about and he knows how to put the on because we practiced with a cucumber and I sent him to his room to practice on himself. My children all know that they can come to me about anything and i will not fly off the handle but will treat it as a learning experience.

honesty and open communication are key to sex ed with your kids.

if you keep telling a child something is forbidden w/o going into to detail it will be something they will need to try.
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 5:53pm On Sep 10, 2010
sistawoman:

I believe it is the parents responsibility to give their children and true comprehensive lesson on sex.  I believe it is also equally important to have an open line of com muncation with your children so that they will tell you when they are ready or feel comfortable telling you which base they have arrived at.

My son is a teenager now. . . they sex talk was had with him years ago and has gotten more detailed as he has grown. . . he is so comfortable with me that I was the first to know when he saw real live bosoms for the first time. . . I keep condoms in the house, in a spot that hubby, him and I only know about and he knows how to put the on because we practiced with a cucumber and I sent him to his room to practice on himself.  My children all know that they can come to me about anything and i will not fly off the handle but will treat it as a learning experience.

honesty and open communication are key to sex ed with your kids.

if you keep telling a child something is forbidden w/o going into to detail it will be something they will need to try.

Hmmm, this was a very interesting comment to read. Now, I'm curious, would you have done the same thing if you had a daughter who was curious about sex education? The reason I am asking this is because I notice that a lot of Nigerian parents tend to be lenient with boys when it comes to sex and very abrasive when it comes to sex talk with girls. 
Re: Sex Education by sistawoman: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2010
We have two girls. One in Uni, first year, and one a pre teen. And we have been up front and honest with both of them regarding sex. The one in Uni allowed her doctor to verify with us that her hymen is still intact. Being upfront and honset takes the secrecy and deceit out of sex.

Plus they dont learn mis-information from thier peers. . . they learn the truth from us.
Re: Sex Education by InkedNerd(f): 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2010
sistawoman:

We have two girls. One in Uni, first year, and one a pre teen. And we have been up front and honest with both of them regarding sex. The one in Uni allowed her doctor to verify with us that her hymen is still intact. Being upfront and honset takes the secrecy and deceit out of sex.

Plus they dont learn mis-information from thier peers. . . they learn the truth from us.

And why would she have to verify with you that her hymen was intact? Suppose it wasn't?
Re: Sex Education by sistawoman: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

And why would she have to verify with you that her hymen was intact? Suppose it wasn't?

She volunteered that information to her father and I on her last physical before she went to Uni. She says she did it as a show of respect for the trust her father and I have placed with her.

If it wasn't then that would have been her mistake for volunteering the information. We never requested it from her. And if it was not intact then we would have had to have a conversation about BC and why she did not get it, because here in the States after 16 medical history is private and she can get BC on her own w/o our knowledge.

(1) (Reply)

I Just Got A Heart Break, What Should I Do To Get Over It And Move On? / Drastic Change In Womanhood / About violated Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.