Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha (14223 Views)

Nigeria Won’t Float Naira, Emefiele Tells IMF, World Bank / Oke Obi-Enadhuze Who Tweeted ‘Nigeria Won’t End Me’ #EndSARS Protest Buried / Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:27am On Apr 02, 2019
Guyman02:

Mulikat Akande was nominated as the Speaker, but Tinubu using Hon Gbajabiamila used every means to scuttle it in favour of Tambuwal. This why we need history in our schools.
I de tell u ooo but leave dos guys de like to twist facts and shift goal post to suit their purpose pdp time de always carry every zone...
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by HardBishop: 11:27am On Apr 02, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
who cares.....politics is politics.. you can t reap where you did not sow!!!..is it unbalanced....yes!!!..but in politics..you sow..then reap.....no sentiments attached

then don't complain when the bitter consequences befall u... see how Nigeria shaked during BIAFRAN AGITATION
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Alexis11: 11:36am On Apr 02, 2019
HardBishop:

then don't complain when the bitter consequences befall u... see how Nigeria shaked during BIAFRAN AGITATION
Lol... what consequence??

Anybody that shout any useless Biafra now will be decisively dealt with. cool
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:37am On Apr 02, 2019
bkool7:

PDP zoned it to SW but Pdp members still voted for Tambuwal in numbers.

What about compensating the the west with another position.

During Gej's term the highest ranking person from the west was the minister of AGRIC.

This is the fact, the west contributed to Gej's election more than the East contribution to Pmb's

You want APC to reward that dont hide their disdain for the party? What you give is what you get.

SE leaders should educate their people on the ills of putting all their eggs in one basket
so ministerial position get ranking...and u call urself progressive tueh...
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by mabea: 11:40am On Apr 02, 2019
bkool7:

During Gej's term PDP don't have any issue scheming the SW out of virtually every position.

Did heaven fall?

The region simply went to the drawing board and form alliance.

I suggest the SE learn from that and stop wailing
Pdp didnt tinubu did, go figure
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by BadTaste: 12:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
Shayetet13:
Agreed. How on earth would a party consider scheming the south east out of National positions? It is ludicrous and preposterous! It tells alot that the majority of the party's stakeholders are tribalist. APC, might be the majority, yes, but those positions are not APC party leadership positions, they are national positions. Since 1999, no zone was schemed out of national positions by the PDP leadership, despite the voting pattern. This changed in 2015. Scheming out the Igbos, a major ethnic group from the national equation, is the first deliberate grand mistake this Administration is making. It would not end well!

Modified!

What do you mean by putting all eggs in the basket? You guys annoyingly thoughtlessly say it. Do you mean there are no APC senator elects or House member elects from the south east? If there are non, it is simply a non issue. When you want to elect Chairman of Governors forum, then you can talk of all eggs in basket, but for now, how many senators do you want so that it will not be all eggs in Basket? How many rep members do you want so that it will not be all eggs in basket? What basket are those APC senators and Rep members from the south east contained?
Relax, we will dash you the DSP or deputy speaker position
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Westsida: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2019
[s]
OGHENAOGIE:
d east is major group of d tripod in Nigeria so de ve to talk moreover dos shouting East won't reap in apc shd be ashamed...in 2015 pple lamented hw ngige would have been senate president if he was elected today apc has three senators in South east...and anyone of them can be senate president or deputy so wats d east put eggs in one basket...d core north except taraba and adamawa voted massively for Buhari just as south east south south majorly voted for atiku so wat are shouting about...or u want Nigeria to be a one party state like In pdp time...i tire for Nigerians sentiment...
[/s]

Atiku will pick his Sp from South east. Make una no worry. For this next level wey we dey enter so, Nah Oyo una dey.
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by MyGeneration(m): 12:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
seborrhic:
Thought this fool was amongst those that said once the SEast elects senators,the SP seat will by right be yielded to them.
This is 2019.
SEast has now got about 5 senators,yet the region is not even being given a thought for the SP,DSP, Speakership or indeed any other post.
Okorocha is fit only for a role as a clown in a circus show.
How many of the senators are from APC?
All of them are in PDP and they are expecting sp or DSP in an APC dominated national assembly.

Nigga you are the clown

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Retrography(m): 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2019
You have yourselves to blame. Have a mix of all the political parties, you said NO. Look at other regions: They all have APC and PDP. The South- East pitched her tent knowing fully well, that the winner takes it all when it comes to politics here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by MyGeneration(m): 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
sonature1:
For the very first time, Okorocha is not blaming the Igbos for the way they voted. This is what I've always expected of him, but he keeps disappointing me.

Well, it's a good thing that his party is sending him a very strong message: there's no place for Igbo man in the party.

2023 will be super interesting because we will see what will become of the party when Buhari's tenure ends. Buhari is the biggest asset of the APC of today.
APC showed they have no place for igbos or igbos showed they are not interested in APC?

Did APC stop Igbo's from voting APC senators or governor?

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Westsida: 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2019
Orangina:
Okorocha is shouting now you people will not hear him out nah, the time it will dawn on us, hence, our sense of thinking has been beclouded by hatred to Okorocha hereby neglecting what is at stake. Okorocha that gave massively free education and you guys are so.quick in stoning him.
Okorochas own is even good hence remembering his inlaw. for some of us, how many of our inlaws or brothers even close relative have remembered us. you have wealthy uncles who goes with handsets buh, can't give you any.
hatred to Okorocha aside, lets hear him out.

Imagine say they didn’t gang up against Okorocha. Just because the man isn’t in Pdp..They are acting like it’s only Pdp that can offer them what they want. I heard Akpabio was suppose to be the SP, now they didn’t vote for him just cos he isn’t in Pdp. They neglect their strong men just cos they changed party & dieing ontop of Atiku the Chief Political prostitute.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Badonasty(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2019
Nkemakonam62:
The Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, has accused the National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, of turning the party into a “regional party”.

Gov. Okorocha who was suspended from the APC over alleged anti-party activities, spoke to journalists after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House yesterday.

He said the South East must be given the chance to produce either the senate president or deputy senate president for geo-political balancing and distribution of positions.

“I’ve been watching carefully what is happening in the National Assembly; it’s a very funny drama. But all I ask from them is that they should consider the South East in their calculations. This nation will not be properly balanced if the South East is not carried along properly in the affairs of the National Assembly.

“Nobody seems to be talking about the South East; it looks like the South East doesn’t have a place anymore; that is wrong, politically speaking, and that is not good for APC because there is going to be a bigger APC after President Buhari must have left the seat.

“My fear now is that APC might have a serious setback in 2023 because the Oshiomhole-led executive is actually turning APC into a regional minority party, which shouldn’t be, because of his mistakes. Right now in the whole South East, we don’t have an APC governor.

“So, if there is any discussion in Nigeria now among the APC governors and President Buhari, there would be nobody from the South East. This is what the APC chairman has done in the South East. It’s a capital attempt to frustrate the effort of the South East. But I appeal to every Nigerian to support the cause of the South East.

“They shouldn’t think about giving the South East whatever position for giving sake. You can’t just wake up and give them any position. South East is a key primary zone in this country and if we don’t get the number one seat, we should get the number two seat,” he said.

He said the feud between him and Oshiomhole had not affected his relationship with President Buhari.

He said he was in the State House to invite President Buhari for the commissioning of over 1,000 projects he had executed in Imo State, and that he did not discuss the issue of his certificate of return with the president.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/04/nass-leadership-nigeria-wont-balance-if.html

Bleep zoning...all these yeye sentiments must stop
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by TRAVEL101(m): 12:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
My governor, my governor...
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Gr8amechi: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
seborrhic:
Thought this fool was amongst those that said once the SEast elects senators,the SP seat will by right be yielded to them.
This is 2019.
SEast has now got about 5 senators,yet the region is not even being given a thought for the SP,DSP, Speakership or indeed any other post.
Okorocha is fit only for a role as a clown in a circus show.
List the 5 senator and name any ranking. Senator, also hope you know the senators have a role themselves to play
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Charly68: 12:45pm On Apr 02, 2019
odomanis:

You have spoken like who doesnt understand nigerian politics. Do you know that APC members in the southeast laboured more for the paper than those in the regions that Buhari is already popular ? Do you also know that but for the doggedness of Rochas and other APC chieftains in the south east,Atiku would have been awarded over 1 million votes in each of the 5 states and that would have made Atiku/PDP winner of the Presidential election ? Be talking rubbish !
. You made a point ..The ruling party should be magnanimous to share the power positions but politicians are blinded to reality a times even Okoricha himself is part of the proble..he should stop making noise because he is highly inconsiderate and very selfish .
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by temisimo: 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2019
when it comes to talking Nigeria the ibos should be always grateful to God for giving them the ability to survive in any silly/sane circumstances. they thrive in every region tmore than the origins. ibos me i envy una o
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by MrGerald(m): 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
helinues:
Power is never given but taken.

You only eat where you have sown.

SE still have long way to go when it comes to Nigeria politics. Politics of emotion,,sentiments, hatred have no good returns than sidelining
Nothing like they have long way to go, in fact they've contributed a lot politically in Nigeria development, they stand by their convictions, one day things will change and reverse will be the case, nothing stays permanent.
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by MrGerald(m): 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
thepussyking:
Fvck the ipodians, they are not one of us.

bastard jews.

spit.
Enjoy your slavery then ugly things, we don't want to be with you subhumans
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Belteshazzar1: 1:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
firstly I have to say that there is a mistake in the headings of this content Okorocha is supposed to be addressed as the former governor of Imo State as well.

Moreover he has spoken well
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by Xander85: 1:25pm On Apr 02, 2019
NLandIsHypocrit:
The same country you claimed to be part and passel of' you're not talking of your constitutional rights nor legitimacy, what you're begging for is consideration in the position of common Senate (in other words PITY) and somebody is telling me that this people are not fools? They claim to be wiser than Nnamdi KANU. I rather die fighting for Biafra than be a slave to Fulani terrorists. If not Nnamdi KANU and people like us in IPOB there would have been a time when foolish people like Okorocha will be begging for the seat of their LGA Chairmanship and Ward Councillor. Let all the heads with common sense hail Nnamdi KANU and IPOB.

Spot on! I’m just enjoying the embarrassment all these sabo’ Igbos in APC are getting! When we told them that evil party of thugs is anti-Igbo and doesn’t have our best interest at heart, they turn round and accuse us of ‘being hateful and not knowing how to play politics’!

All the positions Igbos have held at the national level since 1999, how have they helped improve our lot!?

Loving it! wink
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by ridbell01(m): 1:31pm On Apr 02, 2019
Shayetet13:
Agreed. How on earth would a party consider scheming the south east out of National positions? It is ludicrous and preposterous! It tells alot that the majority of the party's stakeholders are tribalist. APC, might be the majority, yes, but those positions are not APC party leadership positions, they are national positions. Since 1999, no zone was schemed out of national positions by the PDP leadership, despite the voting pattern. This changed in 2015. Scheming out the Igbos, a major ethnic group from the national equation, is the first deliberate grand mistake this Administration is making. It would not end well!

Modified!

What do you mean by putting all eggs in the basket? You guys annoyingly thoughtlessly say it. Do you mean there are no APC senator elects or House member elects from the south east? If there are non, it is simply a non issue. When you want to elect Chairman of Governors forum, then you can talk of all eggs in basket, but for now, how many senators do you want so that it will not be all eggs in Basket? How many rep members do you want so that it will not be all eggs in basket? What basket are those APC senators and Rep members from the south east contained?
guy stop all these nonsense just go your 1999 is too far just check the leadership of the Nass under Jonathan. Just console your people. You can't reap where you don't sow.. Even the president went to your people to beg for vote but you decided to follow minority
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by ridbell01(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
sonature1:
For the very first time, Okorocha is not blaming the Igbos for the way they voted. This is what I've always expected of him, but he keeps disappointing me.

Well, it's a good thing that his party is sending him a very strong message: there's no place for Igbo man in the party.

2023 will be super interesting because we will see what will become of the party when Buhari's tenure ends. Buhari is the biggest asset of the APC of today.
Apc will field yoruba or hausa
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by nogragra: 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2019
Nkemakonam62:
The Governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha, has accused the National Chairman of the APC, Adams Oshiomhole, of turning the party into a “regional party”.

Gov. Okorocha who was suspended from the APC over alleged anti-party activities, spoke to journalists after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the State House yesterday.

He said the South East must be given the chance to produce either the senate president or deputy senate president for geo-political balancing and distribution of positions.

“I’ve been watching carefully what is happening in the National Assembly; it’s a very funny drama. But all I ask from them is that they should consider the South East in their calculations. This nation will not be properly balanced if the South East is not carried along properly in the affairs of the National Assembly.

“Nobody seems to be talking about the South East; it looks like the South East doesn’t have a place anymore; that is wrong, politically speaking, and that is not good for APC because there is going to be a bigger APC after President Buhari must have left the seat.

“My fear now is that APC might have a serious setback in 2023 because the Oshiomhole-led executive is actually turning APC into a regional minority party, which shouldn’t be, because of his mistakes. Right now in the whole South East, we don’t have an APC governor.

“So, if there is any discussion in Nigeria now among the APC governors and President Buhari, there would be nobody from the South East. This is what the APC chairman has done in the South East. It’s a capital attempt to frustrate the effort of the South East. But I appeal to every Nigerian to support the cause of the South East.

“They shouldn’t think about giving the South East whatever position for giving sake. You can’t just wake up and give them any position. South East is a key primary zone in this country and if we don’t get the number one seat, we should get the number two seat,” he said.

He said the feud between him and Oshiomhole had not affected his relationship with President Buhari.

He said he was in the State House to invite President Buhari for the commissioning of over 1,000 projects he had executed in Imo State, and that he did not discuss the issue of his certificate of return with the president.

https://www.akelicious.net/2019/04/nass-leadership-nigeria-wont-balance-if.html
Yeye dey smell den wan chop where una no plant, crooks. Make una concentrate on Biafra wella Nnamdi kanu dey London they fight for una. He just arrive from Israel. inordinate flat thinkers.
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by nogragra: 2:07pm On Apr 02, 2019
MrGerald:
Enjoy your slavery then ugly things, we don't want to be with you subhumans

Who really are the slaves? We shall find out as this matter unfolds and igbos are finally buried in the anals of history of Nigeria for wanting to be what they are not. Anuofias.

1 Like

Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
Westsida:
[s][/s]

Atiku will pick his Sp from South east. Make una no worry. For this next level wey we dey enter so, Nah Oyo una dey.
at least u and dos apc leaders won't vote on inauguration day of nass....am not igbo to clear u... it's left for d nass members to decide for themselves last time out dat ekwerenmadu became deputy sp u didn't vote and nothing happened if dis time d senators decide to vote an easterner deputy senate president or senate president maybe u ll protest to remove him...
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by richie240: 2:51pm On Apr 02, 2019
iammo:
undecided

We have Six geopolitical zones yet only Southeast complains.

SouthSouth that literally finances Nigeria with it's oil gave APC 1million + votes and non of it's APC highranking members were caught supporting another party openly without fear of consequences

Yet

Southeast that gave APC mere 300k votes, that their elders bitterly supported Atiku to spite "Afonja" and "Fulani" party while their high ranking APC members openly supported other party... wants to give meaningless demands.

This is why I love Obasanjo's style, the man punishe'd the whole of Lagos for daring to mess with him, he sent igbo Senate president packing whenever they dare step out of line

May u live long!
I have said it a couple of time that d SE destroyed GEJ with their #special# type of {hatred} politics. The moment they hijacked his govt, turning it from d strongest/Largest politicsl party in Africa to a regional party, was when he started tumbling.

Even d SS dt produced GEJ has since moved on, but as 4 "our ppl"......
sad

3 Likes

Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by maasoap(m): 3:13pm On Apr 02, 2019
sonature1:

Because he knew that he also contributed to the poor outing of the APC in his state in the last election. Blaming the South East this time would have backfired on him because he was guilty of the same offence this time around. He's not under APC suspension for nothing.
Re: NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha by maasoap(m): 3:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
odomanis:

You have spoken like who doesnt understand nigerian politics. Do you know that APC members in the southeast laboured more for the paper than those in the regions that Buhari is already popular ? Do you also know that but for the doggedness of Rochas and other APC chieftains in the south east,Atiku would have been awarded over 1 million votes in each of the 5 states and that would have made Atiku/PDP winner of the Presidential election? Be talking rubbish !

Stop deceiving yourself. How would you do that with APC as the ruling party? How would you achieve that without the use of Incidence Forms? Abeg, talk sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Fixes Date For Contempt Suit Against Gov Makinde / Accord Party Presidential Candidate, Imumolen Gifts ₦1M To Creative Brothers / Military Denies Responsibility For Retaliatory Attack On Delta Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.