Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? (2644 Views)

How Can I Handle An Intruding Mother? / How Can I Handle An Intruding Mother? / How Do You Deal With Interfering In-laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? by AloyEmeka5: 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2010
[size=14pt]What's the best way to handle an interfering mother-in-law?[/size]

I've been married for seven months and I feel I am more married to my mother-in-law than my husband. She is relentless with her criticism and constantly questions everything I do. She doesn't live with my husband and I (she lives in the main building) but she has a key to our house and lets herself in all the time. Her attitude is beginning to affect my health. Help!

http://lindaikeji..com/2010/09/whats-best-way-to-handle-interfering.html
Re: What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? by pslm23(f): 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2010
In this day and age parents should have learnt to butt out of their children's marriages. If your husband loves and listens to you, tell him your worries and how his mothers actions and attitude is affecting you and now your health. Let him be the one to talk to his mother and if that fails to work, next time she harrases you, just tell her to butt the hell out of your life and leave you and your husband alone. Change the damn locks on your door and lets see how she will get in when you guys are out!
You are still a new bride for crying out loud!! If she's like this now, i wonder how she was when you 2 were dating
Re: What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? by AloyEmeka5: 2:55am On Sep 10, 2010
Since parents don't want to keep their noses of their children's marriages, their children should make them remove their noses by force.
Re: What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? by Outstrip(f): 3:04am On Sep 10, 2010
She lives in the main house so it could be that her mother in law is the landlord. In that case she needs to grin and bear it. When she and husband get their own home then she can make sure that her mother in law does not have a key
Re: What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 10, 2010
in the first place, you should not live in your mother in laws house. Its her house and no matter how nice she is there is bound to be friction.
Distance makes the heart grow fonder. You and your husband should go and rent a small house even if it is 1 room
Re: What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? by AloyEmeka5: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2010
What if pepper no dey to rent apartment, should she continue to eat sht from her mother in law pending the day she will be able to move?
Re: What's The Best Way To Handle An Interfering Mother-in-law? by AloyEmeka5: 2:59am On Sep 11, 2010
[size=14pt]Ogun: Man arraigned for beating mother-in-law to coma[/size]
Friday, September 10, 2010

A 48-year-old man, Festus Erinfolami, was on Wednesday arraigned before an Abeokuta Magistrate's Court for allegedly, beating his 78-year-old mother-in-law into coma.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/sep/10/204.html

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Prosecuting Police Officer, Sgeant Sunday Eigbejiale, told the court that the incident happened on Aug. 31 at Surulere Quarters in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

Eigbejiale argued that Erinfolami's action amounted to an assault which, according to him, is contrary to and punishable under section 3(51) of the Criminal Code Law of Ogun State, 2006.

The police officer also said the incident happened while Erinfolami and his wife were fighting and Mrs. Mariam Oyewole, his mother-in-law was trying to mediate between them.

He alleged that Oyewole was trying to mediate between the couple, when Erinfolami beat and pushed the old woman who in the process fell and collapsed.

The accused, however, pleaded not guilty to the offence, saying nothing of such took place.

"I did not touch her at all, instead she was the one who slapped and beat me," Erinfolami said.

The Magistrate, Mr. Mike Adeyemi, granted the accused bail in the sum of N20,000 with one surety who must be working and have a moveable property with value not less than N50, 000.

However, the case has been adjourned to November 30 for definite hearing.

(1) (Reply)

Could My Wife Be Possibly Dating Her 'uncle'? / Woman Divorce Talkative Husband / 10 Things That Will Make Your Husband Love You More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.