Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth (47506 Views)

Maazị Ogbonnaya Okoro Responses To Ooni Of Ife About the Igbo Race / Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by AyakaDunukofia: 1:59am On Apr 05, 2019
noisy45:
We are not from obatala lineage point of correction

There's a mistake you guys are making. The Ooni has only validated what is already frozen in history. The Igbo were originally spread to the present west of Nigeria in what was tropical rain forest. The Igbo were the original inhabitants of Ife before they were pushed easterly by the kinsmen of Moremi.

The retreat of Igbo from Ile Ife is known as Edi in Yoruba, and Edi festival is still celebrated till date in Yoruba land in remembrance of the Igbo. Just as he said, 'truth must be told'.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Neoteny(m): 1:59am On Apr 05, 2019
holuwasheyiWGP:
You don't mean it!!
Jew originated from igbo
Bill gates,Jeff bezos and Warren buffet are Igbo men
Nigerians and their habit of telling themselves whatever make them sleep at night

None of those men is Jewish

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by gaskiyamagana: 2:39am On Apr 05, 2019
EdmundChidera:
Onni have seen an Igbo girl to add to his wives
grin
This is very likely.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:41am On Apr 05, 2019
Sakamaje:
So it is the jews that are Igbo, and not the other way round? Interesting historical spin.. This man seems to cook up his own history.

Not necessarily. Just that this man seems to have a penchant for cooking up stuff. Igbo commercial renown is a relatively recent phenomenon. Before Nigeria came to be/precolonial period there was nothing like an 'Igbo race' as we have come to know it today. Igbo clans weren't as enterprising as Igbos of today are known for. Yoruba history doesn't have records of early contact between them and Igbos the way it did with Hausa-Fulani, Benin, Mali, and the likes. So where did he get his tales from? Obviously it's fabricated.

It is your prerogative to choose to believe the Ooni if it fits the narrative that suits you. But you see, you can't impose that on me or any other person that can see through his fib. Ooni once said that Benin is Yoruba territory, that Adam and Eve were created in Ife, and now he says Jews are Igbo descendants. You can choose to believe all of that but some of us aren't so stupid. undecided
We Africans tend to overestimate our past, and it's because the present is lacking.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by LazyGold(m): 3:09am On Apr 05, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:

There's a mistake you guys are making. The Ooni has only validated what is already frozen in history. The Igbo were originally spread to the present west of Nigeria in what was tropical rain forest. The Igbo were the original inhabitants of Ife before they were pushed easterly by the kinsmen of Moremi.

The retreat of Igbo from Ile Ife is known as Edi in Yoruba, and Edi festival is still celebrated till date in Yoruba land in remembrance of the Igbo. Just as he said, 'truth must be told'.

This is total Bullshit, the "Ugbo" one sub tribe of Yoruba are the one you are talking about not the Igbo. Ugbo is different from Igbo

Edi festival is a festival use to celebrate one of Yoruba Heroin called "Moremi" and her Victory over Ugbo not any Retreat or whatever. The Ugbo were the one we had an encountered with and they are the real Obatala descendants but today they are one of Yoruba Sub tribes. I think Ugbo is clearly different from Igbo and you are mixing things up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by IkpuMmadu: 3:24am On Apr 05, 2019
This ooni is such a funny dude

Give me facts biko
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Nobody: 3:40am On Apr 05, 2019
Guyman02:
Only the wise will understand, he is not belittling his Yoruba race here, but said that they lived together (Igbo and Yoruba) before the advent of Islam and Christianity from the linage of Obatala

Sorry, but we Ooduas r not related to you o grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by banio: 3:47am On Apr 05, 2019
Can this be true. The more I understand this episode, the more I get confused.

I am out of here.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by salford1: 3:49am On Apr 05, 2019
This is hilarious grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Chyxki: 3:55am On Apr 05, 2019
Abeg na who dis one dey wash?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Masaratixxx(m): 4:18am On Apr 05, 2019
Unlimitk:

U guys say whatever afonjas say is propaganda

But y have u been masturbating on something said by another afonja

Munu

He is not Afonja

Not every Yoruba is Afonja

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Nellybank(m): 4:50am On Apr 05, 2019
If you see d powder wey one igboman sell give me with sweet mouth claiming it will kill all kinds of insect including my enemy. My brother as I am talking to u, I can't sleep well coz of mosquitoes and ants... Is that not a clear stupidity of an igboman? What will happen if I see him again
rawpadgin:
Honestly, i have never seen anyone that's as smart as a typical igbo man wen it comes to making money

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by blingxx(m): 5:18am On Apr 05, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Igbos are the most enterprising ethnicity in Nigeria, they're indeed a blessing to this country.

You see why I love the great Ooni? He says it as it is.

He said this because he is trying to unite ibo and yoruba, he is only adding sugar to your bitterness to make you feel good grin doesn't mean it's truecheesy , it's an old yoruba trick

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by blingxx(m): 5:22am On Apr 05, 2019
rawpadgin:
Honestly, i have never seen anyone that's as smart as a typical igbo man wen it comes to making money

The same ibo people that Nigerian taskforce arrested last month at ikorodu due to selling of fake drugs to people grin.
The same ibo people that smuggle drugs into every country they go
The same ibo that see everything as a competition, If yoruba or hausa does something outstanding today you guys won't sleep that night undecided

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by ozowarac: 5:27am On Apr 05, 2019
Sirjamo:
I respect the Ooni and I don't hate the Igbo race, but this relics by the King does not make any sense to me.

How can anyone say that the Igbo that I know started making money long before the ancient Greeks, the Jews, the Arabs, the Romans, the English.....

With due respect sir, this is absolute Balderdash!

He said wealth not money, there are alot of differents between wealth and paper called money.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Ewedegubbler: 5:32am On Apr 05, 2019
Ooni don buy bad market.. now watch the Adeyinka Grandsons on Nairaland descend on him
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by PapaAdanna: 5:36am On Apr 05, 2019
Unlimitk:
Una dey mumu
Aswear
Ur stupidity and ignorance will not allow u to imbibe and digest this rare kind of truth.

It is coming from one of u, that is my only happiness.

Remember numbers don't lie, u can always check the score board.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by PapaAdanna: 5:40am On Apr 05, 2019
This oba must be a good scholar of ancient history... This kind of information don't come from ignorance.

But his people will not like it because he said his truth without kissing any ass

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:41am On Apr 05, 2019
I think what happened to our history was the constant raid for slaves by the Muslims and Christians,
The burning and pillaging of arts and books,
But it turns out the more you read, the more you find out we have a very long shared history .

Iykelinus:
The truth still remains that, no one knows his or her millennium history... During those times, there were nothing to use in order to keep track...

Our ancestors were basically wanderers, settling here and there, their problem then was just to get enough food and keep multiplying
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by alphaNomega: 6:04am On Apr 05, 2019
This man is on a new type of weed
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by wildikeman(m): 6:18am On Apr 05, 2019
E pain dem oooo

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by badman007(m): 6:30am On Apr 05, 2019
Nigerians would not like this.

They have been trained to see themselves as inferior beings in this world.

Long live the Oba.

Black is beautiful.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by GGirll: 6:36am On Apr 05, 2019
Sakamaje:
So it is the jews that are Igbo, and not the other way round? Interesting historical spin.. This man seems to cook up his own history.

Not necessarily. Just that this man seems to have a penchant for cooking up stuff. Igbo commercial renown is a relatively recent phenomenon. Before Nigeria came to be/precolonial period there was nothing like an 'Igbo race' as we have come to know it today. Igbo clans weren't as enterprising as Igbos of today are known for. Yoruba history doesn't have records of early contact between them and Igbos the way it did with Hausa-Fulani, Benin, Mali, and the likes. So where did he get his tales from? Obviously it's fabricated.

It is your prerogative to choose to believe the Ooni if it fits the narrative that suits you. But you see, you can't impose that on me or any other person that can see through his fib. Ooni once said that Benin is Yoruba territory, that Adam and Eve were created in Ife, and now he says Jews are Igbo descendants. You can choose to believe all of that but some of us aren't so stupid. undecided

The problem with people like you is your entrenched envy n hatred for the Igbo race....the great Yoruba monarch has told you d truth but you choose to disgrace yourself n tribe by spewing trash....d truth is very painful n I'm glad that igbos have been n will always be greater than your lot whether you like it or not. Quote me at your own peril wicked soul.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by GGirll: 6:41am On Apr 05, 2019
noisy45:
We are not from obatala lineage point of correction
Are you now saying that your highly respected oobi is lying You are obviously deluded loln
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Psoul(m): 6:51am On Apr 05, 2019
Sakamaje:

Yes...the Yoruba history did not mention the Igbo race as one of the ppl they did business together.

Do you know why?

The Yorubas did their business with the race, tribe and countries they were in the same class with then. The Igbo race was far above them and the Yorubas could not transact with them due to the fact they cannot afford the kind of goods and services the Igbo merchants rendered then.

I hope you are cleared.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by EagleNest(m): 7:12am On Apr 05, 2019
The fact is that Igbo spirit of enterprise is unquenchable. They have this penchant to succeed in anything they put their heart to do. Who knows if they have the magic wand to fix Nigeria. They're brave and always take a stand on issues. They are not typically ambivalent. It will be to the good of Nigeria if other tribes especially Yoruba and Hausa give them a little chance to lead instead of trying to stifle them and exclude them out of historic suspicion of " they will dominate if given small chance". Igbos are inherently good people and generally likes progress and development. They don't necessarily rely on govt for anything. They're self driven with penchant to make life meaningful to themselves and others.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by tsmat(m): 7:22am On Apr 05, 2019
I agree the Igbo are the money makers....but looking at the dilapidated way their region is compared to other region you can certainly say they are not intelligent at all.....what's the essence of the money and wealth when your people are not enjoying it... all you do is go ahead and develop other regions that will still never appreciate you(although that's because of stupid pride) .... what's the essence.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by AleAirHub(m): 7:27am On Apr 05, 2019
His origin is about to exposed very soon grin grin grin

Nobody should quote because I'm not feeling well this morning please embarassed
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by tsmat(m): 7:27am On Apr 05, 2019
EagleNest:
The fact is that Igbo spirit of enterprise is unquenchable. They have this penchant to succeed in anything they put their heart to do. Who knows if they have the magic wand to fix Nigeria. They're brave and always take a stand on issues. They are not typically ambivalent. It will be to the good of Nigeria if other tribes especially Yoruba and Hausa give them a little chance to lead instead of trying to stifle them and exclude them out of historic suspicion of " they will dominate if given small chance". Igbos are inherently good people and generally likes progress and development. They don't necessarily rely on govt for anything. They're self driven with penchant to make life meaningful to themselves and others.

I can't disagree with you on this sir....but Yoruba have a saying that he who will give you cloth, its the one he is wearing that you look at first... let them develop the Eastern states first then they will be taken serious... Yoruba are not the enemy of the Igbo's intact despite all the rumour and chant on nairaland we still cohabit fine and do business together every time.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by clefstone(m): 7:36am On Apr 05, 2019
Sakamaje:

my exact thoughts. Truth be told, the Igbos might have been one of the most uncivilized people in the precolonial times. The reason for my assertion is that it is evident that the Igbos were hardly exposed to other cultures before the coming of the white man(just as u hv pointed out). There is no way the Igbos could have created massive wealth in ancient times if they were not travelled. The Jews on the other hand, were all over the Mediterranean more than 3000years ago and had contact with the earliest civilization; Egypt. The Abohs who were and are still mistaken as Igbos today are the only historically massive wealth creators close to the Igbos but their history is not more than 600yrs ago. The Abohs however are clearly of Benin ancestry with a mixture of aboriginal Igbos and people from other tribes as far as Igala.

I know history pass this Ooni

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife: The Igbo Race Is First In The World To Discover, Nurture Wealth by Guide777(m): 7:38am On Apr 05, 2019
Fools will bash Ooni. Ooni and only a few others know this unpopular history . But it won't be long before what you think was the truth, will start crashing like the twin towers of the world trade centre. Before then , if you are wise, you will research more on what he said rather than bashing him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MGL Birthday Wishes / Who Is Superior Between Alaafin Of Oyo And The Ooni Of Ife??? / Why Igbos And Ijaws Must Unite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.