Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

"There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta (32609 Views)

Where Is Former Delta State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa? / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) / Throwback Photo Of Governor Ifeanyi Okowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 3:47am On Apr 11, 2019
PHIPEX:
I see all these as unnecessary, Omambala is simply a river (Anambra river) flowing from Kogi state through Anambra North and does not define a people same way River Niger does not define a people. It's just a recent media creation. Anambra West, East and Oyi does not have a homogenous historic identity, so let's give that guy very little regard, he's ignorant.
They do, please don't conclude what you are not aware of.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by PHIPEX(m): 8:28am On Apr 11, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

They do, please don't conclude what you are not aware of.
Maybe you can clarify because I know 80% of the community that make up the 3 LGA.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 9:22am On Apr 11, 2019
PHIPEX:
Maybe you can clarify because I know 80% of the community that make up the 3 LGA.
Which of those communities are not of the same origin?
Name them plsease.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

This crappy actor...lmao. Education doesnt guarantee class.
Bia nso, ka Nwa Okodu kuzielu gi etu esi eme Okanga.
Have you come to agree that Umuoji is one of the least educated communities in Igbo land? People who mostly find it extremely difficult to differentiate between R&L. Ndi okpaa chaplet
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by garfield1: 9:41am On Apr 11, 2019
Omanbala1,pazienza i would like yoú guys to talk about the ijele and izaga masquerades.these are some of the things i love about the igbo culture especially the izaga.i witnessed it displaying in ihembosi community but no one could tell me much about it.is it every community in anambra that has these masquerades
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 9:45am On Apr 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

How can Enugwu Ukwu be older when Menri was the OKPALA NRI? Nawaa for you ooo. Who were the people who marked the Igbo calender(Iguaro) ? This is despicable coming from you. Enugwu Ukwu people have no shame. They are usurpers but it didnt work to well. Agukwu Nri ji Offor Nri and nobody can change that. When I return to Nigeria I will pay homage to Eze Nri Onyeso(Nri Ewelani). That is the true royalty on Omanbala!
Rather it's your people who doesn't have a clear definition of their origin that should be very ashamed of themselves.

I won't bother to illuminate your dark mind of ignorance on Umunri history, just keep floating on and forth with your ignorance which is very typical of your people.

Irredeemable illiterates and loud mouthed empty vessels -Umuoji. Tufiakwa
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by mbos: 9:59am On Apr 11, 2019
somegirl1:

The title "Nze" is conferred upon a select group in Oratta (Owerri) culture.
Don't be hasty to state your conjectures as fact.

dont mind that diaspora rant.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by mbos: 10:09am On Apr 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Only northern Imo has Nze na Ozo due to influence from Anambra towns. Mbaise , Owerri and co doesnt practice Nze na Ozo. Arondizuogu have it but Arochukwu doesn't and you know why. Arondizuogu borrowed it. Just because you have Nze in your names doesn't mean you practice it. It is just mere influence.....OWERRI DOESNT HAVE NZE NA OZO!! But the Nze na Ozo institution have wide influence including naming patterns accros Igbo land and in Anioma. But remember Anioma has Nri migrants who took the culture with them. Only norther Imo has Nze na Ozo due to proximity. Furthermore, Nze doesnt mean peace loving...We say "izelu ozo" for a reason....smh. Dont start talking about what you dont know. The other day I heard Imo guy reciting Anambra chants in Imo dialect...Itz sounded disgusting!!

Imo ,Abia ,parts of Ebonyi and,Enugu doesnt have the following.

Ofala
Iguaro
Igba Odu
Ijele masquerade
Abiulor(igba ndi eze and also a version of Akwunechenyi)
Akwunechenyi
Agaba masquerade
Nze na Ozo
Ikenga

And your spoken Igbo is very different. Igbo is very diverse.

you are ill informed....period. stop spreading ignorance,, you probably have never been to any other part of the east other than Anambra. in our Ebam in Abia State there is Nze and Ozo. keep quite.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Marotzke(m): 10:28am On Apr 11, 2019
CyynthiaKiss:

People of Aniocha (Oshimili and co)axis can never deny being Igbo. That identity crisis is reserved for Ika people. You don't need to lie because you are on nairaland.

Meanwhile, leave politics section.. It's beyond your brain capacity.
the Ika seem to have come to terms with their Igboness. The Owa actually have come out to declare their Igboness.
The Dein of Agbor derives legitimacy by affiliation to the Bini palace. Privately they are Igbo, but publicly they demure.
No need to ruffle feathers unnecessarily.
The real deniers are the Ndokwa/ Ukwuani Igbo.
Maybe it is because they are at the outermost fringes of the Igbo land.
Surrounded by enemies, they have to assimilate or be consumed in a fratricidal, continuous tribal warfare.
The guarantee of support from Hinterland is not guaranteed.
I don't blame them and will never condemn them.
Ikwerre were once very rabid Igbo deniers.
Now that fortune have smiled on them, they now have political power.
See their elders wearing red cap any how.

Bottom line; people at the borders have a decision to make with regards to community survival. You can't condemn them until you have felt what they feel.

My love goes to all the Igbo's in Idoma, Ndokwa, Ikwerre,Ohafia, Abor, Igbanke etc.
Umunna! Jisienu Ike.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 10:41am On Apr 11, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Rather it's your people who doesn't have a clear definition of their origin that should be very ashamed of themselves.

I won't bother to illuminate your dark mind of ignorance on Umunri history, just keep floating on and forth with your ignorance which is very typical of your people.

Irredeemable illiterates and loud mouthed empty vessels -Umuoji. Tufiakwa

Resorting to insult isn't helping you very much...screamimg illiterate up and down is very ignorant. You came here thinking you can get away with with that Enugwu Ukwu history revision tendencies and you got check,right away. You changed course and starting throwing names ,when you found out you have absolutely nothing to brag about but other peoples achievements.

Your town has inferiority complex because they have no legitimate culture. You borrowed Ofala, tried to borrow Iguaro but you don't even know the calender.

You called Oji Okodu inconsequential and I went ahead and shut your mouth with verifiable facts. You be ode! You have embarrassed your town in the public.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2019
mbos:

you are ill informed....period. stop spreading ignorance,, you probably have never been to any other part of the east other than Anambra. in our Ebam in Abia State there is Nze and Ozo. keep quite.

Well, prove it. Just don't say,because that's not enough. This is my first time of hearing this. There is no available information to back you claim. YOU DONT HAVE IT!
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 10:46am On Apr 11, 2019
mbos:

dont mind that diaspora rant.

Hey, not so fast. She hasn't provided any information and I can't find any to that effect. Owerri people I know personally said they don't have the prestigious Nze na Ozo institution. You don't have to lie.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 10:50am On Apr 11, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
Have you come to agree that Umuoji is one of the least educated communities in Igbo land? People who mostly find it extremely difficult to differentiate between R&L. Ndi okpaa chaplet

This is ffucking ignorant. You sounded like a retard and will not dignify this thrash with a reply. Nwokem, this is not beer parlour. Next!

By the way , Umuoji has one of the best secondary school in Anambra build by the missionary (Mater Amabilis). A student of that school who is also from Umuoji was one of the girl that won a science competition in the USA. That is how we contribute not celebrating a dead warrant chief ,lawyer and rep members.

You said we are inconsequential and I have continued to slap you in the face like a true Nwa Okodu with facts while you resort to senseless and unfounded insults. Drive through Umuoji, take pictures and come back. Ubu bulu yi!
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:09am On Apr 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Resorting to insult isn't helping you very much...screamimg illiterate up and down is very ignorant. You came here thinking you can get away with with that Enugwu Ukwu history revision tendencies and you got check,right away. You changed course and starting throwing names ,when you found out you have absolutely nothing to brag about but other peoples achievements.

Your town has inferiority complex because they have no legitimate culture. You borrowed Ofala, tried to borrow Iguaro but you don't even know the calender.

You called Oji Okodu inconsequential and I went ahead and shut your mouth with verifiable facts. You be ode! You have embarrassed your town in the public.
Typical ignoramus, how many questions have you skipped? Since you can't answer simple questions due to how foolish you are, I won't gratify your quest for knowledge into my far superior history and heritage, seeking knowledge from the back doors is equally typical of crooked fellows like you and my likes won't be played into such pranks.
Try another tactics.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:22am On Apr 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

This is ffucking ignorant. You sounded like a retard and will not dignify this thrash with a reply. Nwokem, this is not beer parlour. Next!

By the way , Umuoji has one of the best secondary school in Anambra build by the missionary (Mater Amabilis). A student of that school who is also from Umuoji was one of the girl that won a science competition in the USA. That is how we contribute not celebrating a dead warrant chief ,lawyer and rep members.

You said we are inconsequential and I have continued to slap you in the face like a true Nwa Okodu with facts while you resort to senseless and unfounded insults. Drive through Umuoji, take pictures and come back. Ubu bulu yi!
See your life, Mr know all, see as everyone is exposing your ignorance left, right, up and down from all corners, I never see, someone who can't readily give a good account of his origin will be hell bent on telling others their stories.

It's only a mad man who will always think he's always right while others are all wrong. But in actual and factual sense the reverse is always the case.

In this case, you're the mad man here, I'm done with you, quote me all your life time, I won't pay you anymore attention, my time is reserved for reasonable and productive engagements not wasting it on some fools.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by gidgiddy: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2019
The Dein of Agbor, Benjamin Ikenchuku Keagbrekuzi
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by hammerFC: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2019
Lady Was Killed On Her Farm In Imo As Women Storm Police Station. Graphic by dainformant(m): 3:09am
Women in Okata Community, Ihitte/Uboma local government area of Imo state, stormed the Divisional Police Office in Isinweke over the gruesome murder of their colleague, Mrs Evelyn Duru, as they requested for intensification of efforts to arrest and prosecute the culprits.

The protesting women asked the DPO to provide adequate security to enable them attend to their farms with a view to providing food for their children.

Spokesperson of the women, Mrs Beatrice Nwachukwu, also disclosed that the deceased was a very hard working woman, a quality she said Okata women are known, a thing that drove her to her farm only for unknown people to murder her.

In his response, Mr Charles Njoku, DPO, Ihitte/Uboma LGA thanked them for their orderly conduct and assured them that he do all within the ambit of the law to arrest and prosecute those involved. According to the DPO 'the seriousness of this crime even made the Commissioner of Police to visit the scene of the crime.

Watch the video below.

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/protesting-women-storm-police-station-after-death-of-colleague-in-imo.html
1 Share

LET ME POST ISSUES AFFECTINGG OUR PEOPLE TODAY.

FULANI RAPE AND MURDER IN IGBO LAND.

IGBO LAND UNDER FULANI OCCUPATION.

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by PHIPEX(m): 12:56pm On Apr 11, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

Which of those communities are not of the same origin?
Name them plsease.
What is the relationship between Aguleri and Nzam, the headquarters of Anambra west LGA?
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
PHIPEX:
What is the relationship between Aguleri and Nzam, the headquarters of Anambra west LGA?
The aboriginal Nzams are Igbo but they were invaded by Igala warriors in the olden days hence the mixture of Igbo and Igala.

Also, note that by oral history some parts of Igala in both Kogi and Anambra traced their origins to Nri.
Aguleri and Nzam people are of the same origin.
Thanks.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by PHIPEX(m): 1:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

The aboriginal Nzams are Igbo but they were invaded by Igala warriors in the olden days hence the mixture of Igbo and Igala.

Also, note that by oral history some parts of Igala in both Kogi and Anambra traced their origins to Nri.
Aguleri and Nzam people are of the same origin.
Thanks.
Seems you are grounded in the history of the area, I have read much of it too but haven't heard of the inversion. What about Aguleri/Umuleri and Anam, any historic relationship?
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
FortuneDeGreat:
See your life, Mr know all, see as everyone is exposing your ignorance left, right, up and down from all corners, I never see, someone who can't readily give a good account of his origin will be hell bent on telling others their stories.

It's only a mad man who will always think he's always right while others are all wrong. But in actual and factual sense the reverse is always the case.

In this case, you're the mad man here, I'm done with you, quote me all your life time, I won't pay you anymore attention, my time is reserved for reasonable and productive engagements not wasting it on some fools.

I probably will run ,too,if I had nothing to offer other than some beer parlour gossips.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by BrownRoofRep: 1:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
PHIPEX:
Seems you are grounded in the history of the area, I have read much of it too but haven't heard of the inversion. What about Aguleri/Umuleri and Anam, any historic relationship?
I have friends with from that side, have been to Nzam severally so I know a bit about them.
I wonder which history book you read or were told without the inversion which is crystal clear.
Also note that Igala historically are typical warriors and bullies. They do invaded theirs neighbours and encroach their lands. Similar to Bini.

Aguleri and Umureli are purely of the same ancestry just like any other Anambra West, East and Oyi - Eri.

Anam is made up of group of migrants, basically from Nri towns and some part of Igala invaders. They did move closer to Riverside because of the the importance.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by PHIPEX(m): 1:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

I have friends with from that side, have beens to Nzam severally so I know what a bit of them.
I wonder which history of Name you read or were told without the inversion which is crystal clear.
Also note that Igala historically are typical warriors and bullies. They do invaded theirs neighbours and encroach their lands. Similar to Bini.

Aguleri and Umureli are purely of the same ancestry just like any other Anambra West, East and Oyi - Eri.

Anam is made up of group of migrants, basically from Nri towns and some part of Igala invaders. They did move closer to Riverside because of the the importance.
Thanks for the info, you know better.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by mbos: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Well, prove it. Just don't say,because that's not enough. This is my first time of hearing this. There is no available information to back you claim. YOU DONT HAVE IT!

my friend and neighbour is from Abam . his father is an nze no ozo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,do you want his phone number? to help you clear ur ignorance.
are u shocked to hear that.

i advise you to visit other parts of igboland..dont stay in a place and assume this and that...
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by mbos: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Hey, not so fast. She hasn't provided any information and I can't find any to that effect. Owerri people I know personally said they don't have the prestigious Nze na Ozo institution. You don't have to lie.

do you stay in Owerri, have you been to Owerri b/f? if you have to ask somebody in owerri then it should be me.

get that into ur wishful brain.
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
mbos:

do you stay in Owerri, have you been to Owerri b/f? if you have to ask somebody in owerri then it should be me.

get that into ur wishful brain.

There is a title taking in Oratta area but it's not Nze. There is a Duru version in that region but nothing close to Nze na Ozo. The Duru system is sort of honorary title , while Nze no Ozo is an elaborate traditional institution ,with authority to enact laws. Duru title taking isn't Nze na Ozo. I am yet to read it in their written history littered over the net. I have been to their gatherings,wined and dined with them, but not traces of the tradition.

You don't have to get mad over it and start telling lies. It's dumb, since it can be verified. I am waiting for you, somegirl and the guy who said Ebam in Abia has it. I will be here waiting!
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by OMANBALA1: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
BrownRoofRep:

I have friends with from that side, have been to Nzam severally so I know a bit about them.
I wonder which history book you read or were told without the inversion which is crystal clear.

Nna yi mulu yi. I tried to avoid that discussion but you have said all that needs to be known. Umuleri and Aguleri are kins. I don't understand the stupid infighting...Just black man and his ffoollishness.

1 Like

Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Donarozzi: 4:28am On Apr 12, 2019
mbos:

Nze and Ozo

Nze na Ozo is a pan-Igbo political system. There are local variations, and the institution is more evolved and more complex in some parts of Igboland than in others. It is the largest and most elaborate Igbo political title system. See the links for more information...

http://www.umunna.org/politicalsystems.htm

https://www.ajol.info/index.php/jrhr/article/viewFile/119671/109131

https://www.academia.edu/31085530/THE_OZO_FRATERNITY_IN_IGBO_LAND_AKPUGOEZE_CASE_STUDY

https://www.news48hrs.com/2017/05/cultural-galore-as-awka-bestows-ozo.html

https://www.jstor.org/stable/23076441?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents

http://www.uhuruspirit.org/news/?x=9793

http://erandshop.com/icotth/
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 12, 2019
H
Re: "There Is Nothing Like Delta Igbo, Igbo Is Igbo"~governor Ifeanyi Okowa Of Delta by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 12, 2019
hammerFC:
Igbo is Igbo.

No delta Igbo, just Igbo.

No Rivers Igbo, just Igbo.

Igbo is Igbo.

Afonja do u hear?

YES SIR!

1 Like 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Agric Minister Deletes Tweets Attacking Buhari / Atiku Makes The First Public Appearance At Buhari’s Campaign Rally (see Photo) / How Peter Obi Supporter Was Caught Posing As A Northerner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.