Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,841 members, 7,817,491 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East (25186 Views)

Speakership Race: Gbajabiamila, Wase In Public Spat / Wike: I Will Withdraw From Presidential Race If PDP Zones Ticket To The North / APC Zones Presidency To South West, VP To North East - Tribune (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by ahmedkoded95(m): 1:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
Umaru Mohammed, one of the contenders for the speaker of the house of representatives, has promised to withdraw from the race if the All Progressives Congress (APC) zones the position to the south-east.

Addressing journalists in Abuja on Thursday, Mohammed who is from Niger state, said the south-east and north-central were the “greatest casualties” of the ruling party’s zoning formula.

The APC is expected to produce the next speaker after emerging with majority lawmakers in the lower legislative chamber.

TheCable reported how President Muhammadu Buhari endorsed Femi Gbajabiamila from the south-west as the next speaker.

But Mohammed said since the north-central got the third highest votes for the APC in the presidential election, it deserves to produce the next speaker.

The three-time lawmaker, however, added that rather zone the position to the south-west, the APC should cede it to the south-east “for fairness sake.”

“If the party has come out to say we are zoning speakership to the south-east, honestly I will have just gone to contest for deputy speaker if I want to” he said.

“But as a zone, the north-central is saying in whatever ramification, we deserve to be considered because we brought the third highest vote to make APC a government.

“And look at the logic, if you have taken senate presidency from north-central and speakership from north-east in the 8th Assembly, under normal circumstances you should be considering north-central.

“We have a president from the north-west and you have a vice-president from the south-west; the senate presidency to the north-east and deputy senate president to the south-south; that means they are settled.

“But if the party in its conscience and the leaders are going to wake up to the reality and they want to zone it to the south east, honestly we will support them.”

https://www.thecable.ng/niger-rep-ill-pull-out-of-speakership-race-if-apc-zones-the-position-to-south-east/amp

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by youngestuk(m): 2:09pm On Apr 05, 2019
grin
First FTC, try again next time the person below me grin
Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by ainas247: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
sad So how would this benefit the masses...

Come let us place your business website on Google
page 1. Oya hit me

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by dokyOloye: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
This is d real meaning of integrity.
Not Buhari's integrity that we hear of but can't see.

119 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by akaahs(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
grin grin grin angry angry
Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by christejames(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
It's rare to find a sane mind in APC, I'm surprised.

133 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by Jestin: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
Watin East do Nigeria self ?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by kiyosaki1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
Future impossible tense

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by thunder74(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
APC does not have plan for North Central and South East

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by NobleAngell(f): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hmmmm interesting and realistic. But, lets see how far this threat goes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by egbusi1(m): 4:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
Another plot by the North to further divide the south.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by haconjy(m): 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
Stupidity in the House.
Zoning is one the problem we have in this country. I think better candidate should emerge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by chiedu7: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
kiyosaki1:
Future impossible tense

The hatred this one has for Igbos is so much.

Yet they are scared of them leaving

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by Sydney17(m): 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
We don't want anything to do with the zoo! In Biafra we trust! they should not patronize us with petty positions

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by deji17: 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
This guy is just toying with SE emotions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by adioolayi(m): 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
The Rep elect is begging to pity...trying to get SE support by proxy...lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by pat077: 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2019
We are watching as event unfolds cool
Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by tripper003: 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
okay oo
Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by FuckThaMod: 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
This is why an average igbo man will prefer northerners to yorubers. Yorubers can never talk like this, they are all about take it all.
Yorubers and wickedness, it's their blood.

52 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by iluvdonjazzy: 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
Nice one Umaru

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by tysontim(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
Nice one. North are positioning themselves for 2023

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by Kinikini: 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
Traytior

ahmedkoded95:
Umaru Mohammed, one of the contenders for the speaker of the house of representatives, has promised to withdraw from the race if the All Progressives Congress (APC) zones the position to the south-east.

Addressing journalists in Abuja on Thursday, Mohammed who is from Niger state, said the south-east and north-central were the “greatest casualties” of the ruling party’s zoning formula.

The APC is expected to produce the next speaker after emerging with majority lawmakers in the lower legislative chamber.

TheCable reported how President Muhammadu Buhari endorsed Femi Gbajabiamila from the south-west as the next speaker.

But Mohammed said since the north-central got the third highest votes for the APC in the presidential election, it deserves to produce the next speaker.

The three-time lawmaker, however, added that rather zone the position to the south-west, the APC should cede it to the south-east “for fairness sake.”

“If the party has come out to say we are zoning speakership to the south-east, honestly I will have just gone to contest for deputy speaker if I want to” he said.

“But as a zone, the north-central is saying in whatever ramification, we deserve to be considered because we brought the third highest vote to make APC a government.

“And look at the logic, if you have taken senate presidency from north-central and speakership from north-east in the 8th Assembly, under normal circumstances you should be considering north-central.

“We have a president from the north-west and you have a vice-president from the south-west; the senate presidency to the north-east and deputy senate president to the south-south; that means they are settled.

“But if the party in its conscience and the leaders are going to wake up to the reality and they want to zone it to the south east, honestly we will support them.”

https://www.thecable.ng/niger-rep-ill-pull-out-of-speakership-race-if-apc-zones-the-position-to-south-east/amp

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by iammo(m): 4:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
grin

Ode, pull out kor pull out of your wifes kpekus niii

Buhari and oshiomole would deal with this ones, he should ask saraki, malaye, elzakzaki, patience jonathan, dasuki, slimmed down Wike , Okorocha out what first term was like, and next tough level go bloody.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by noxcuse4failure: 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
This is making a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. He has no plan to step down.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by Ayoslimzy(m): 4:26pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ok next
Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by kingBenedict: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
I am impressed...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by xder20: 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
drfcv

1 Share

Re: Umaru Mohammed: I’ll Pull Out Of Speakership Race If APC Zones It To South-East by bestman09(m): 4:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
The legislative arm of government should be allowed to chose their leaders, period. This unnecessary interference by the president and godfathers is uncalled for. This is what breeds rebellion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uduaghan Shuts Down Major Roads In Warri For Daughters Wedding / 2019: Buhari/Osinbajo Endorsement Posters Flood Abuja / When I Become Governor, Oyo Bus Terminals Will Be Converted To Library - Teslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.