Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,355 members, 7,850,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

“I Will Reveal The True Earnings Of A Legislator In June” – Akin Alabi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “I Will Reveal The True Earnings Of A Legislator In June” – Akin Alabi (578 Views)

Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York / Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State / CEO Of Betting Company, Akin Alabi Cries Out As Man Won N24m With N1,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“I Will Reveal The True Earnings Of A Legislator In June” – Akin Alabi by Zenzi: 2:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
The House of Representative member elect for Egbade/Ona Ara Federal Constituency, Akin Alabi, has promised to reveal true earning of a Legislator when he receives his first salary in June. The Entrepreneur/Politician disclosed this through a statement on his tweet handler.

He Said: “I don’t know what legislators truly earn until I start earning it. When I start earning it, the whole of Twitter will know.
The biggest problem with the salary rumour is because the whole thing is shrouded in secrecy.
People will not believe it when legislators themselves say what they earn. The NASS must officially make public what legislators earn public. But as individuals, we can do our part by making it open.
My belief that legislators are doing themselves a disservice by being quiet about it. That is what is making people imagine different figures.
Like the issue of constituency projects. A lot of people, even those that can research actually belief lawmakers collect money to carry out constituency. No, you “nominate” and the relevant agency carries it out. But they are quiet so people will say what they want.
Transparency helps a lot. People like to be on the know. Even when they are not too cool with what is going on, when they are in the know, they defend you. That I’ve learnt over time.”

The true earning of Legislators in Nigeria, has being an issue of controversies over the years due to the secrecy nature of their salaries.

https://theblogngr.com/2019/04/05/i-will-reveal-the-true-earnings-of-a-legislator-in-june-akin-alabi/

Re: “I Will Reveal The True Earnings Of A Legislator In June” – Akin Alabi by yanabasee(m): 3:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
Loud mouth legislator......Na this type people no de even sight for the green chambers.......

(1) (Reply)

800 Firms Closed Shop In 2 Years – Chamber Of Commerce / Why Europe Is Poor In The 21st Century / Wike Accuses An Army GOC Of Involvement In Bunkering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.