Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,435 members, 7,830,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State (1915 Views)

CBN Sacks Another 40 Staff / Beroro Efekoro Elected As Albany County Legislator In New York / “I Will Reveal The True Earnings Of A Legislator In June” – Akin Alabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by garfield1: 11:54pm On Nov 06, 2019
Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on Wednesday dismissed the appeal filed by Hon. Kolapo Osunsanya of the All Progressives Congress (APC) challenging the September 9 verdict of the National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, in favour of Barrister Taiwo Shote of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

With today’s judgment of the appellate court, which is the final court in National Assembly election matters, Osunsanya ceases to be a member of the House of Representatives untill the partial rerun is held and a valid winner is returned.

In an appeal filed by Osunsanya, he challenged the verdict of the lower tribunal in favour of PDP’s Shote.

Delivering the judgment of the Court of Appeal today, the Chairman of the three-man panel and Presiding Judge of the court, Honourable Justice Jimi Bada, held that the lower court tribunal did not err in its judgment as claimed by Osunsanya in his appeal, saying the tribunal is justified to act in compliance with the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.

Furthermore, he said one can hardly fault the decision of the tribunal and declared that Osunsanya’s appeal challenging the judgment of the election petition is lacking in merit.

The court held that the reply of the appellant (Osunsanya) was vague in response to the issue of cancellation that was properly pleaded by the petitioner (Shote).

In all, the court dismissed Osunsanya’s appeal and affirmed the judgment of the tribunal.

Recall that the National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal had on 9th of September, 2019, declared that Osunsanya was not duly elected and nullified the Certificate of Return issued to him by INEC.

The tribunal also ordered that a rerun should be conducted within 90 days in Ward 5, Unit 5 in Ijebu Ode Local Government Area; Ward 10, Unit 3 in Odogbolu Local Government Area and the entire Ward 8 in Ijebu North East Local Government Area.

Shote and Osunsanya had contested the 23rd February, 2019 National Assembly election for Ijebu Central Federal Constituency which comprises of Ijebu Ode, Odogbolu and Ijebu North local government areas.

Oghenaogie
Humberjade
Sarrki
Caseless
Amaniro
Sappyoro
Clearfair
Topmaike
Orjiofor
Okanaube
Metaphysical
Kyase
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Sirjamo: 1:01am On Nov 07, 2019
Democracy cannot be in any danger on this one, even the judiciary is the best in the world according to the Poverty Development Party!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by seunlayi(m): 4:27am On Nov 07, 2019
Another one going home
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Kyase(m): 6:11am On Nov 07, 2019
garfield1:
Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on Wednesday dismissed the appeal filed by Hon. Kolapo Osunsanya of the All Progressives Congress (APC) challenging the September 9 verdict of the National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, in favour of Barrister Taiwo Shote of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

With today’s judgment of the appellate court, which is the final court in National Assembly election matters, Osunsanya ceases to be a member of the House of Representatives untill the partial rerun is held and a valid winner is returned.

In an appeal filed by Osunsanya, he challenged the verdict of the lower tribunal in favour of PDP’s Shote.

Delivering the judgment of the Court of Appeal today, the Chairman of the three-man panel and Presiding Judge of the court, Honourable Justice Jimi Bada, held that the lower court tribunal did not err in its judgment as claimed by Osunsanya in his appeal, saying the tribunal is justified to act in compliance with the Electoral Act 2010 as amended.

Furthermore, he said one can hardly fault the decision of the tribunal and declared that Osunsanya’s appeal challenging the judgment of the election petition is lacking in merit.

The court held that the reply of the appellant (Osunsanya) was vague in response to the issue of cancellation that was properly pleaded by the petitioner (Shote).

In all, the court dismissed Osunsanya’s appeal and affirmed the judgment of the tribunal.

Recall that the National Assembly Election Petitions Tribunal had on 9th of September, 2019, declared that Osunsanya was not duly elected and nullified the Certificate of Return issued to him by INEC.

The tribunal also ordered that a rerun should be conducted within 90 days in Ward 5, Unit 5 in Ijebu Ode Local Government Area; Ward 10, Unit 3 in Odogbolu Local Government Area and the entire Ward 8 in Ijebu North East Local Government Area.

Shote and Osunsanya had contested the 23rd February, 2019 National Assembly election for Ijebu Central Federal Constituency which comprises of Ijebu Ode, Odogbolu and Ijebu North local government areas.

Oghenaogie
Humberjade
Sarrki
Caseless
Amaniro
Sappyoro
Clearfair
Topmaike
Orjiofor
Okanaube
Metaphysical
Kyase
Democracy under attack, why is the appellate targeting apc?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Bola146(f): 6:39am On Nov 07, 2019
APC !!! grin
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by murphyibiam15(m): 6:41am On Nov 07, 2019
what's happening with this mass sack of APC senators, hope is not what I'm thinking
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Tuitai: 6:41am On Nov 07, 2019
Interesting
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by princemillla(m): 6:44am On Nov 07, 2019
Party of multitude without quality
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by tech18: 7:21am On Nov 07, 2019
Kyase:

Na that question de my head ooo

Appeal Court is Sacking APC Reps and Senators daily

The APC NWC and NEC need to do something oo

They should have a strong team of lawyers to defend the mandate given to them by the Masses
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Kyase(m): 7:29am On Nov 07, 2019
tech18:

They should have a strong team of lawyers to defend the mandate given to them by the Masses

i think apc cases don finish for court

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by tech18: 7:34am On Nov 07, 2019
Kyase:

i think apc cases don finish for court
they are some cases still at d appeal court
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by SalemCiti: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2019
Democracy is not on injury here. In fact, the Judiciary is not in cage because the judges are not intimidated. Victory for democracy!!!

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by garfield1: 8:38am On Nov 07, 2019
Kyase:

There not.i think i have a theory for that.apc lawmakers are complacent and relaxed about tribunal matters while pdp are not taking chances.there are putting serious efforts.in my state,i know how much the pdp induced the tribunal with
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by garfield1: 8:40am On Nov 07, 2019
murphyibiam15:
what's happening with this mass sack of APC senators, hope is not what I'm thinking
Which is? Its just ten lawmakers oh and most are going for rerun which they will win.in your state,chinedu ogah won pdp
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by kelvinginzie: 8:40am On Nov 07, 2019
garfield1:

There not.i think i have a theory for that.apc lawmakers are complacent and relaxed about tribunal matters while pdp are not taking chances.there are putting serious efforts.in my state,i know how much the pdp induced the tribunal with

So Buhari induced the presidential tribunal
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by garfield1: 8:41am On Nov 07, 2019
tech18:

I have answered that question already.complacency and depending on buhari

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by garfield1: 8:42am On Nov 07, 2019
kelvinginzie:

So Buhari induced the presidential tribunal
I never said so.its impossible.buhari won fair and square,atiku had no case

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by IamR: 8:43am On Nov 07, 2019
The ruling is in order. It was expected.
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Kyase(m): 8:45am On Nov 07, 2019
tech18:
they are some cases still at d appeal court
thhose cases are good as won, unless.....
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Kyase(m): 8:49am On Nov 07, 2019
garfield1:

PDP is already preparing for 2023, that's what i know, hey need those seat, to have a chance against Buhari's anointed candidate
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by garfield1: 9:07am On Nov 07, 2019
Kyase:
PDP is already preparing for 2023, that's what i know, hey need those seat, to have a chance against Buhari's anointed candidate
Funny.before this year polls,both parties had equal or nearvequal numbers in the senate and reps.how did that help them?
Re: Appeal Court Sacks Another Apc Legislator In Ogun State by Kyase(m): 9:24am On Nov 07, 2019
garfield1:

Funny.before this year polls,both parties had equal or nearvequal numbers in the senate and reps.how did that help them?
this time they are not running against buhari

(1) (Reply)

Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi Meets Pres GEJ The 1st Time Since 2015 / Breaking: Ihedioha’s Legal Team Opens Up On Supreme Court Judgment / Ilu Abo Owo Road Explosion In Pictures!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.