Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully (25690 Views)

There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / We Will Never Leave Anambra State, Hausa Community Vows / VP Osinbajo With The Hausa Community In Lagos. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Ganamustgo(m): 9:57am On Apr 06, 2019
Nwaotu10:
There's no space in nnewi as of now. Everywhere is filled with market and house. They should send their dead ones back to their hometown for burials, that's how we Igbo's do it. As of the market, they can share the nkwo market with nnewi traders only if they can afford the shop price.

You mean they (Hausa's) should rent shop to sell cows?

What they need is open space that can contain many cows and trailers of farm produce from the North.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by hardbody: 9:59am On Apr 06, 2019
WinningSun:

we will soon return you back to your land away from lagos

You did not gift land to us, we bought them. You CAN'T take back what you have alienated and received financial consideration from. is this too difficult to comprehend?

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Humulity: 9:59am On Apr 06, 2019
They have been sharing market with the host without isues, let it continue that way.
There is livestock market in over 80% markets in Nnewi, be it Eke Ochie, Eke Amaobi, Orie Agbo, Nwafor Uruagu. A bigger livestock activity at the popular Nkwo Nnewi. With other mini cow selling spots. As well as a bigger Cow market at neighbouring Eke Awka-Etiti.
If your plan A of doing business peacifully at Nnewi is no longer enough, and plan B of acquiri ng land is not working, you can still have plan C -Z.
But to establish Ama Hausa (violent cell) in Nnewi, is not possible. This is the homeland of OJUKWU - EZE IGBO GBURUGBURU.
This just an advise, not an internet discussion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Gabriel004: 10:00am On Apr 06, 2019
robotix:
they have been told lies and rumours. Hausa or Fulani are more adventurous than them within Nigeria... In my area one Hausa started with just zink kiosk, he has upgraded to container kiosk with fridge inside for cold drinks...

Yoruba people no get mind to leave their mama breast and papa compound.
Yet, are richer than you lots.

5 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by konkonbilo(m): 10:01am On Apr 06, 2019
robotix:
they have been told lies and rumours. Hausa or Fulani are more adventurous than them within Nigeria... In my area one Hausa started with just zink kiosk, he has upgraded to container kiosk with fridge inside for cold drinks...

Yoruba people no get mind to leave their mama breast and papa compound.
what you don't know about the Yorubas is that we travel a lot outside our comfort zones. But most of the Yorubas you see outside their zones are most professionals like doctors, lawyers, engineers etc not traders like the Ibo's who do their businesses on a daily bases. That's why you hardly know if there are in your states or not cos you don't see them on a daily bases

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Joevics(m): 10:04am On Apr 06, 2019
fk001:
If they give us land, after some time they will collect it back because they said in Igbo land, land belongs to families and not government. If any of our members dies here, the corpse is taken to Awka for burial.

What type of fvckery is this angry angry

Igbo's in North have total freedom in fact so many of them have assets more than the average Hausa man, but yet they can't reciprocate what the Hausa's are doing for them in their erosion ravaged region?

Bunch of opportunists

1. You are an Olodo.

2. Did they buy the land that were taken from them?
3. Are they giving free land to igbos in the North, or do igbos buy those lands?

Answer question 2 and 3 and then revert to my first statement.

In my community if you are allocated a community land for a project and you fail to do it. They will take back the land Shikina

10 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by dokyOloye: 10:05am On Apr 06, 2019
Esseite:
Well, maybe try the approach of buying from the owners, am sure u would find much more.
Simple
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by madridsta007(m): 10:07am On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/we-live-peacefully-with-our-hosts-says-hausa-community-in-nnewi.html?fbclid=IwAR2kHzr4iuBqbyAtQbN-RsOMkELtRMDc78g-Q4fNSUKqIAy6pbBLDdYjXdU

LOL.

These herdsmen don't know that the world now knows that they hide their murderous weapons in their markets, burial grounds and mosques.
You think your hosts in the South East don't know?
Foolish herdsmen terrorists. Igbos live in your place, use your markets and when their people die, they take the bodies to the East and bury them.
Do the seem. Else, go back to Sambisa.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by AFONJACOW(m): 10:08am On Apr 06, 2019
why not buy the Land instead of looking for free land
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Orc13: 10:10am On Apr 06, 2019
Give a Hausa man a parcel of land, tomorrow, him go claim your entire land. The essence of Islam to the Hausa Muslim is global domination. This is the very same demand from the Hausa Muslim that caused the Zangon Kataf crisis of 1992. Our forebears fought hard for us. We for become slaves today for our land. Igbos, if una like, give them land. Na una future generation hear am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by RTSC: 10:14am On Apr 06, 2019
maasoap:

All of you are just the same thing in your tribe whether educated or illiterates, the hate in your hearts is just the same.
You hateful being.

You want igbos to give you free land?

Have your father ever given any igbo man anything free before, let alone land?

You no well.

If your people can't buy lands the way igbos do in foreign climes, then go back home.

10 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by MrPresident1: 10:18am On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:
our people have a saying that when an oracle starts misbehaving, he will be shown the tree it was carved from. That was wat happened to Akpabio...and that is wat will happen to any leader who gives out igbo land to fulanis for cattle ranching

However I appreciate the enterprise of the hausa community. The New artisan market along Enu-ph express is an hausa market...we have not had any problem with them. U can go there and do anything...or buy anything and even Bleep their nyarinyas in their hijab for 500 naira.

Nnewi should gv them 2 plots for burial ground at 3 million each if they can afford it...and a market of about 10 plots at same price...then ensure that a local vigilante is set up there to monitor their activities. We need to do these things for the north as a sign of good faith. They are the one tribe outside igbos who invest a lot in igboland...and we want them to continue and we want them to accomodate our traders up north too.

Shalom ¥

Oshe China Achebe grin

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2019
fk001:
If they give us land, after some time they will collect it back because they said in Igbo land, land belongs to families and not government. If any of our members dies here, the corpse is taken to Awka for burial.

What type of fvckery is this angry angry
Igbo's in North have total freedom in fact so many of them have assets more than the average Hausa man, but yet they can't reciprocate what the Hausa's are doing for them in their erosion ravaged region?
Bunch of opportunists
The bolded is utter nonsense. They're just using it as an excuse to ask for free land. I've never witnessed a case where someone refused to sell land, unless he just dosn't want to sell it or the price the buyer is offering is too low.
Igbos have assets in the North, did you notherners give it to them for free? Anything an Igbo man owns i the north, he bought with his own money and these ones are here begging for handouts

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Alexis11: 10:25am On Apr 06, 2019
Propsvilla:
Hausas are living happily and peacefully in Igbo Land only that they don't invest there
But I am still finding it difficult to understand while Yorubas are avoiding South East like a man that has Leprosy.

Did you read that part where the man said and I quote "since we don't want problem with our landlord, we did not protest"? Your people in Southwest has a lot to learn from that statement coming from Hausa leader in Nnewi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by amaniro: 10:31am On Apr 06, 2019
maasoap:

All of you are just the same thing in your tribe whether educated or illiterates, the hate in your hearts is just the same.

We don't bury our people in other people land. We share markets with them when we're in their land. Stop being sentimental.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by oluwaahmed: 10:48am On Apr 06, 2019
Nobody gives free land in the east. If u want land for cemetery buy the land simple.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by FemiMaduka(m): 10:50am On Apr 06, 2019
Sagay212:

I don't think they are asking for free land for a market. Nobody in their right senses will do that. They are willing to pay but you IPods aren't willing to sell to them.

Where in the article was it said (or even inferred) that they wanted to BUY a piece of land? Any body with an average I.Q. would be able to deduce (in fact it is so clear at first glance) that they are demanding for a FREE tract of land.

Mind you, no expanse of land is free; when government hands things out we are all programmed not to see that it is either the government paid for it, subsidized it or had to give up some privilege.

I am Igbo and I have been in the north cumulatively more than I have been in the south, we have assets in Kano (houses, a school, a poultry, realty etc...) and we have never paid a Kobo less the asking price of these things.

One factor drawing back the core north is this mentality of freeloading...nothing is free that has value. You better wake up and resist foolishness and indolence.

8 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by slowbreeze(f): 10:52am On Apr 06, 2019
Humulity:
They have been sharing market with the host without isues, let it continue that way.
There is livestock market in over 80% markets in Nnewi, be it Eke Ochie, Eke Amaobi, Orie Agbo, Nwafor Uruagu. A bigger livestock activity at the popular Nkwo Nnewi. With other mini cow selling spots. As well as a bigger Cow market at neighbouring Eke Awka-Etiti.
If your plan A of doing business peacifully at Nnewi is no longer enough, and plan B of acquiri ng land is not working, you can still have plan C -Z.
But to establish Ama Hausa (violent cell) in Nnewi, is not possible. This is the homeland of OJUKWU - EZE IGBO GBURUGBURU.
This just an advise, not an internet discussion.

Gbam.Nwanne I kwuchago ihe dum..Ha choro ikpari Ndi Igbo. Ishi adiro ha mma.

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by PHIPEX(m): 10:55am On Apr 06, 2019
Sagay212:

I don't think they are asking for free land for a market. Nobody in their right senses will do that. They are willing to pay but you IPods aren't willing to sell to them.
That's not true, you heard them say they were once given land by the military govt of Anambra State(for free). That he has been living at a location since 1973 shows they most probably own the building. They should also buy land for market.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chiefobdk(m): 10:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:
our people have a saying that when an oracle starts misbehaving, he will be shown the tree it was carved from. That was wat happened to Akpabio...and that is wat will happen to any leader who gives out igbo land to fulanis for cattle ranching

However I appreciate the enterprise of the hausa community. The New artisan market along Enu-ph express is an hausa market...we have not had any problem with them. U can go there and do anything...or buy anything and even Bleep their nyarinyas in their hijab for 500 naira.

Nnewi should gv them 2 plots for burial ground at 3 million each if they can afford it...and a market of about 10 plots at same price...then ensure that a local vigilante is set up there to monitor their activities. We need to do these things for the north as a sign of good faith. They are the one tribe outside igbos who invest a lot in igboland...and we want them to continue and we want them to accomodate our traders up north too.

Shalom ¥

. Hmmm u got me laughing at land for 3 million each. You think Nnewi is ur village... The ama hausa (osakwe) whr the hausas live land is valued at 30 million depending on who is buying.... My place outskirts of town i ve 3 plots valued at 9 million a plot... Due to d fact everybody around me need empty land to keep for his sons so they dont ve to move away from the area. If i need to sell it ll go for 15 million z
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by martowskin1(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2019
Gabriel004:
Ode, Lagos is not SW, it is SE inside your father's compound. Wait, how do you expect yorubas to go to a lesser region than theirs. Average yorubas think of Europe and America. Not one useless SE.

Average yoruba man indeed and tell that to kabiru in ogbomosho...

Kill ur self, Lagos is not SW

4 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by alexmakaay(m): 10:59am On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Afugom na ekene a agafela nku aka nke ichozi ana.

Nwanne, okwa etu a ka o si ebido oo.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Sagay212: 11:03am On Apr 06, 2019
FemiMaduka:

Where in the article was it said (or even inferred) that they wanted to BUY a piece of land? Any body with an average I.Q. would be able to deduce (in fact it is so clear at first glance) that they are demanding for a FREE tract of land.

Mind you, no expanse of land is free; when government hands things out we are all programmed not to see that it is either the government paid for it, subsidized it or had to give up some privilege.

I am Igbo and I have been in the north cumulatively more than I have been in the south, we have assets in Kano (houses, a school, a poultry, realty etc...) and we have never paid a Kobo less the asking price of these things.

One factor drawing back the core north is this mentality of freeloading...nothing is free that has value. You better wake up and resist foolishness and indolence.

Typical ipod mo.ron. where in the article did you read that they asked for free land. You concluded they wanted free land as the typical hateful ipod animal that you are. Y'all always foo.lishly believe you are the only people with money and own all properties in Nigeria like y'all fooli.shly claim but we all know you for your empty chest beating and stupid.ity. I am sure the houses the Hausas are living in in the east was given to them for free by your governors or by you hateful ipod goats. Mukpas!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by holyeye1989(m): 11:04am On Apr 06, 2019
Ndia amaro kwa ife ooo....even if IGBO man died in mbaofesi ana etinye na plane bunata ya na Ana IGBO....isi adiro kwa ndia mma ma ncha
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by King44(m): 11:05am On Apr 06, 2019
Sagay212:

Maybe it's because they are comfortable in their afonja land. You have some Yorubas working in the east as bankers, civil servants and artisans. You don't expect all Yorubas to run away from their peaceful home to the east just to satisfy you. The abokis are already complaining you have refused to sell land to them.
one of the reasons LAND acquisition
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by alexmakaay(m): 11:08am On Apr 06, 2019
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Collins4u1(m): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2019
You people are mad, get integrated into the existing markets or get out of Nnewi... Nonsense, you need a burial ground when you cannot even acquire a useful fixed asset. Take your loved ones home, my Nnewi won't grant such request.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Noblejt: 11:21am On Apr 06, 2019
my dear our town don't give out land like that, we have many market around the villages were you can sale what ever u carry to the market so looking for an house market my brother my brother you are looking for another thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Will Continue With Revolution Now Protest Despite Sowore's Arrest- Organizers / President Buhari Arrives Paris, France (Photos) / We Are Not Part Of Oduduwa Republic - Northern Yoruba Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.