Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,846 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully (25714 Views)

There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / We Will Never Leave Anambra State, Hausa Community Vows / VP Osinbajo With The Hausa Community In Lagos. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chigo5(m): 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2019
fk001:
If they give us land, after some time they will collect it back because they said in Igbo land, land belongs to families and not government. If any of our members dies here, the corpse is taken to Awka for burial.

What type of fvckery is this angry angry

Igbo's in North have total freedom in fact so many of them have assets more than the average Hausa man, but yet they can't reciprocate what the Hausa's are doing for them in their erosion ravaged region?

Bunch of opportunists
if govt gv me ur land u no go come bck collect am, abi dem Dey dash land for ur village

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
fk001:
If they give us land, after some time they will collect it back because they said in Igbo land, land belongs to families and not government. If any of our members dies here, the corpse is taken to Awka for burial.

Igbo's in North have total freedom in fact so many of them have assets more than the average Hausa man, but yet they can't reciprocate what the Hausa's are doing for them in their erosion ravaged region?

Bunch of opportunists

Are u daft?

A state government can't go to a village m forcefully collect their land and dash it out to Fulani. If they need land, let them pay for it.

IGBOS paid for all the lands they own in Nigeria so their case shouldn't be different

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by FortuneDeGreat(m): 12:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
gbosaa:

Apart from the land issues, these people are not being honest. I find it strange that they had been there since the 70s, engage in Kito million naira business of livestock but still live in shanks and face me I face you. What do they do with their money? There is something they are not telling us.

On the issue of their dead, I think there should a very strict law on that. Igbos Burt their dead at their ancestral lands and the interment is done 6ft deep.
Do these people follow the same burial procedures?
I have seen online photos and videos of people being buried in shallow graves in the north.

Such should not be tolerated in the South East. It’s not just against the culture and tradition of the people but unhealthy and ecologically bad.
What happens when there’s heavy flooding or slight erosion...you’ll see skeletons poking out from the soil...Chukwu aju.

Why not transport your dead to your place and bury them? Why not invest in lands? They are making lots of money but they are not investing it there apart from paying for stalls and rope.

How can you transfer your wealth back to God knows where only to dump your corpse for the host communities??
Salient points indeed, the issue of disposing of the dead is not really that pertinent, apart from health related issues which you've rightly pointed out, whatever happens to the dead is of no importance really.

What we should be more concerned about is their settlement mindset, they engage in gainful businesses, making millions and expanding numerically on daily bases yet are so skeptical of actually putting something worth fortune on ground.

They rarely put up decent edifice in commensuration to their actual fiscal worth. It is heinously appalling that even the richest among them (Dangote) has little or no tangible property in entire S/East.

Putting the north into consideration in like view, you'll notice a reverse in the case, all major cities and states capitals up north have heavy tangible evidences of Igbo presence, they invest, develop and inhabit. In most cases they have the best of buildings and structural investments. As a matter of fact, purely verifiable, Igbo stands next after the indigenes in all the northern states in terms of population and tangible investments, I stand to be challenged.

In summary, in the words of late prof. Chinua Achebe, other Nigerians stand in nothing more unified than their common resentment of the Igbo race.

Those doing everything possible to have Nigeria together, who oppose any idea of disintegration or secession, who will stop at nothing in fighting against separations of the country are actually being hypocritical in replicating their beliefs, they are not reflecting their stance for one Nigeria in physical terms, it is indeed quite unfortunate.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
cjrane:

I have been trying to buy land in Nnewi for a business and have not been successful for more than 6 years now. The place is simply jam-packed and the available land sells in millions of naira.

I hope these ones are ready to pay and not simply say they want to be given free land. if they have money, they can buy any amount of land they want.

Go back again.....u will get what u want....

Prize ur way well and get the land.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by achi4u(m): 12:38pm On Apr 06, 2019
tribalistseun:

It's like you've not been to Nnewi before. Nnewi is too tight. It's not possible to see empty space in Nnewi now. Maybe it would've been possible in that 1973 obviously not now. Every corner and space are all shops and houses. And their dead body should be sent home for burial.
Only ur post make sense,it shows u know the area very well. The whole Nnewi is jam-packed from Nkwo triangle to 100footroad to Osakwe to NwanyiImo bus stop, is it inside the Nkwo Nnewi they want to relocate or residential building at Okpuno egbu to Akaboezenu... In fact the rest of the Land are being destroyed by erosion. If the land from the back of Motor parts to Ugwu_akpati_ozo are not being washed away by rain there would've been enough space for every one. They should look for land outskirts of Nnewi for the Hausa market and forget about burial land.

The OP of this post is from Igala.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chigo5(m): 12:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
Hausa's no Dey develop land highest investment upon millions dem Dey make na plank and zinc house, come ugwu oba upon all the money for there na mud with plank n zinc house Dey there since I Dey pass there. any most times wen I Dey inside bus with my fellow tribes Mehn if we pass there na so sadness Dey cloud us, the land was even a free one.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by achi4u(m): 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
Was also wondering which market they use presently and why they can't remain there.
Hausas don't have a known mkt at Nnewi, some sale Rope inside the market, others sale their Suya along the road. There's no known market for Hausas, majority leaves inside osakwe area.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by iberrylee(m): 12:48pm On Apr 06, 2019
A Typical Yoruba man feels if others are trooping to his own region then there's no sense in him going to that place they troop in from, we have land and the population so I see no reason why they should leave their regions in Mass..
Mind you there are Yorubas in the north doing their business silently without noise.. I've been to kebbi,Niger and kaduna and I know what I'm saying just so you know.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by achi4u(m): 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2019
chigo5:
Hausa's no Dey develop land highest investment upon millions dem Dey make na plank and zinc house, come ugwu oba upon all the money for there na mud with plank n zinc house Dey there since I Dey pass there. any most times wen I Dey inside bus with my fellow tribes Mehn if we pass there na so sadness Dey cloud us, the land was even a free one.
Fear of the unknown plus what they did to Igbos during the 60s,their people always warn them about the impending calamity that happen anytime. Their religion won't allow them to leave a free life.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Donchukz(m): 12:51pm On Apr 06, 2019
Chipink:
But yorubas(aka)afonjas said IGBOS don't accommodate others?
AFONJAS are born liars

That's why they have lie lie muhammade the great . Quote me ka amadi oha scatter ya left balls

1 Like

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by obstead200(m): 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
chloride6:

Do Igbos sell land to foreigners ?
of course.
Igbos sell land to whoever has the cash to pay
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chloride6: 1:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
obstead200:
of course.
Igbos sell land to whoever has the cash to pay

Tell your self that..
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by actrinity(m): 1:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
Bede2u:
our people have a saying that when an oracle starts misbehaving, he will be shown the tree it was carved from. That was wat happened to Akpabio...and that is wat will happen to any leader who gives out igbo land to fulanis for cattle ranching

However I appreciate the enterprise of the hausa community. The New artisan market along Enu-ph express is an hausa market...we have not had any problem with them. U can go there and do anything...or buy anything and even Bleep their nyarinyas in their hijab for 500 naira.

Nnewi should gv them 2 plots for burial ground at 3 million each if they can afford it...and a market of about 10 plots at same price...then ensure that a local vigilante is set up there to monitor their activities. We need to do these things for the north as a sign of good faith. They are the one tribe outside igbos who invest a lot in igboland...and we want them to continue and we want them to accomodate our traders up north too.

Shalom ¥
Nnewi hardly sell land to fellow igbos, talk more of hausa
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

"I have said this that our neighbouring states don't like us.....our downfall gives them joy but God pass una"

Who are u?

Imagine una plan that we should give them plots of land so that they will start killing us the way they are killing u guys.
Human minds are full of evil.....Enugu state for that matter.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Leave enugu state out of ur madness

Na madness now but wen ur broda was suggesting we give dem land....he was not mad...he was in his right senses.......

I now see clearer why we have to pull out from that old union with u guys.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by mushystuff: 2:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
fk001:

Bunch of opportunists

Did ANY northerner give/dash Igbos more assets? Why are you bellyaching over it? Are there no markets in Nnewi they can rent stalls in and sell their wares? If they lease land and pay necessary dues will they die? Why demand land for burial? Are there no cemeteries? Do Igbos demand or request special burial sites in other areas? Do they not send their loved ones home or bury in available cemeteries?

Your people in the East are the actual opportunists who never put up solid structures and beautify their areas. It is always ramshackle, temporary structures and now corpses whilst they send proceeds back to d north. Is that good faith? Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by mbos: 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
chris31:

Gbanu ha nkiti ka ha na akoegheri

o bu ihe mere eme.

ha kogherima
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by mbos: 2:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
fk001:

Bunch of opportunists

Igbos in the north want one Nigeria because of their business.
while those in igboland want Biafra.
so if they want land they should tell those in their northerner region who have sold all their land inheritance to help them...Biafrans do not co-operate with Nigerians in reality.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Adaibeku(f): 2:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
Earthquake2:

Why are you agreeing, are you from Nnewi?
i wonder o
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Butoneday2(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
amaniro:
They should share market with their host and they should send the dead back to its original land undecidedThats how we do it in Igbo land.
Supported
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Butoneday2(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
Lands for what? We don't have enough land here to sell. Am even looking for land to buy i neva see and their talking of the one they'll occupy and bring more of dia herdsmen. God forbid.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by slowbreeze(f): 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
chloride6:

Go and sit down..

Igbos enjoy hospitality they dont extend to other people in their own lands..
Shut d fvck up u this brainless fool.U never answered my question but replied with the usual baseless argument.Every Nigerian has d Civic right of freedom of movement to live and reside in any part of the country;so what u claim to be hospitablilty is a basic right of every Nigerian;which d Fulanis never said they were not given..
There is no place in Nigeria where Igbos resident there all of a sudden make demands from govt to be given free land to build shops or do business.Same demands Fulanis made to be given lands for their cattle colonies.
U guys r just used to freebies.Fvcking leeches!
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by chloride6: 3:37pm On Apr 06, 2019
slowbreeze:

Shut d fvck up u this brainless fool.U never answered my question but replied with the usual baseless argument.Every Nigerian has d Civic right of freedom of movement to live and reside in any part of the country;so what u claim to be hospitablilty is a basic right of every Nigerian;which d Fulanis never said they were not given..
There is no place in Nigeria where Igbos resident there all of a sudden make demands from govt to be given free land to build shops or do business.Same demands Fulanis made to be given lands for their cattle colonies.
U guys r just used to freebies.Fvcking leeches!

Market spaces are never purchased anyway in this country including your Igbo land...

Markets are designated areas sanctioned by the local government authority...

Have you heard of any private market place?

What they have asked for is for a piece of land to be designated as a market for them..

You think if you just buy a piece of land you can just start a market?

Designate an area and they will pay their rent..

But your unaccomodating nature won't allow you..
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Imagine una plan that we should give them plots of land so that they will start killing us the way they are killing u guys.
Human minds are full of evil.....Enugu state for that matter.

My question is. WHO ARE U?
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
chloride6:

Market spaces are never purchased anyway in this country including your Igbo land...

What they have asked for is for a piece of land to be designated as a market for them..

Yoruba Afonja what exactly is ur problem?

There is no local government that has allocated land to IGBOS for business or market for free, we pay for it or lease it.

Fulani should front cash n get lands, they can't get free lands, Also they have never invested a dime in IGBO land so on what grounds are they supposed to get free land

Pls respect ur self n focus in ur region
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Na madness now but wen ur broda was suggesting we give dem land....he was not mad...he was in his right senses.......

I now see clearer why we have to pull out from that old union with u guys.

Who are u?
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

My question is. WHO ARE U?

Am not mad to be a wawa.....still living in stone age.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by slowbreeze(f): 4:53pm On Apr 06, 2019
chloride6:

U must be high on cheap drugs.An Igbo may be called many things;but unaccommodating isn't one of them; especially where business is involved.
Nnewi is a town that harbours different people frm diff tribes in Nigeria ;if u want to do business there;there are sooo many markets where one can rent a shop and quietly run ur business.;If nah land u want to buy to build ur shopping mall or graze ur cattle;All nah ur money.Thats how we do our things &how it's done everywhere in Nigeria.If they want to be separated & can't bear to live and do business with the locals;not possible.Shebi they say we are 'one Nigeria';we stay together by fire by force.
..That Computer village is dominated by Igbo business men; doesn't mean the market was built strictly for them; only and that u can't find Yorubas and other tribes doing the same business there.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2019
Osagyefo98:

Am not mad to be a wawa.....still living in stone age.

What is wawa
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
PrecisionFx:

What is wawa

Am not here to discuss enugu.....i don't have such time.

Enugu. Mind their business as I mind mine.
Re: Hausa Community In Nnewi Want Land For Market And Burial, Living Peacefully by Turantula(m): 5:22pm On Apr 06, 2019
chloride6:

Did they use their money to buy Ladipo and computer village?
No, Tinubu gave it to them free of charge

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osinbajo Never Prayed For Buhari To Die In RCCG - Laolu Akande To Festus Adebayo / Wike: Dickson And I Cannot Be Reconciled By PDP / Senate Mulls Naira Devaluation, Subsidy Removal Over COVID-19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.