Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,143 members, 7,835,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates (22496 Views)

LASU Lied About Prof. Okebukola’s Age Falsification Scandal - Premium Times / Why Nigerian Universities Rank Poorly Globally, By Okebukola / FG Appoints Jega, Peter Okebukola To Review Nigeria’s University System​ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by CodeTemplar: 8:55pm On Apr 06, 2019
hmmm.... I used to respect this man a lot for the reforms he brought to the university system.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2019
It's time Nigerians overlook this age falsification in jobs because 99% of Nigerians forges their age when they are seeking for an employment.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by Bharekta: 8:57pm On Apr 06, 2019
4w4eva:
They will lied about their age and still be celebrating the false birthday and be thanking their God on that false date

grin grin grin grin grin grin crazee ass leaders
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by farem: 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
orisa37:
Every Nigerian lies about Age.

Your English teachers failed to teach the import of using "Every"!
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by Enemyofpeace: 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2019
How many Buhari get?
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by Toks2008(m): 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2019
Wow! See my lecturer o... those days in Lasu.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by geesilver(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2019
orisa37:
its our norm...... even bubu and obj too lied about their age. no be new thing...................
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by All4real2: 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2019
crownwealth:
What of Mohomodu Buhari real age?
buhari get Age.All his ages have all died he can't even forge any age because computer will reject it s million times.Hi is oldest among all Nigerians.So there are two things you can't him (1)is about certificate (2)is about age because they are not in the database.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by TempleHouse: 9:05pm On Apr 06, 2019
Have you all forgotten the Nigerian Footballer-Ochendu in 1989 ?
Ochendu represents Nigeria and played for Under 18 in 1988 FIFA WORLD CUP
He was signed by Belgium Club and was advised to wait until he was 20 to play for the First Team
Ochendu then confessed that he was actually 32 years and has two kids in Agbor in Bendel State
The Belgium Club terminated the contract and reported Nigeria to FIFA
Thus the reason Nigeria was suspended and banned in1990 Under 21 World Cup
Very sad that Nigeria have not learnt from Salisu,Ewerem, and now Okebukola episodes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by eagleeye2: 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2019
dachiwater:
Age of the former executive secretary of the Nigerian University Commission (NUC), Prof Peter Okebukola has become a subject of controversy as the prof is reportedly involved in age falsification scandal.Premium Times reports that professor of science education at the Lagos State University (LASU) has used different birth dates records to manipulate the system in his career. A document obtained by the newspaper showed that Prof Okebukola has three different birth dates.

According to the report, the professor has at different times in his career used February 17, 1949; February 17, 1948; or February 17, 1951, as his birthday.

Despite being aware of the discrepancies in his age, Lagos State University (LASU) has reportedly punished many lecturers for the same offence while condoning Prof Okebukola’s alleged age falsification.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/06/ex-nuc-boss-prof-okebukola-in-age-falsification-scandal/

Naija civil servants, smh. 90% of those in the service has at one time or the other lied about their age.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by Blue3k(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
TempleHouse:
He was signed by Belgium Club and was advised to wait until he was 20 to play for the First Team
Ochendu then confessed that he was actually 32 years and has two kids in Agbor in Bendel State
Very sad that Nigeria have not learnt from Salisu,Ewerem, and now Okebukola episodes.

Nigeria hasnt put the system in place to stop these issues from happening. We need a centralized database The same thing happened in 2016 when we had over aged players in under 17 competition.

In August 2016, ahead of an African qualifier between Nigeria and the Niger Republic, MRI scan was carried out on the Nigerian contingent with the revelation that 26 members of the Nigerian team were above the age limit and subsequently disqualified from the tournament. This discovery came barely one year after Nigeria had won the Under-17 World Cup.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by namiji2598: 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
MRSALT:
Excluding me
na only me and u which makes us
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by mrkia(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2019
orisa37:
lolz
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by maasoap(m): 9:12pm On Apr 06, 2019
worlexy:
Mtcheeew. Another media trial

It is called news, not media trial. Dumb head!
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by grandstar(m): 9:13pm On Apr 06, 2019
TempleHouse:

Why didn't the Belgians suspect? Does he look like Aki or Pawpaw? grin grin
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by oglalasioux(m): 9:15pm On Apr 06, 2019
MRSALT:

Excluding me

And I
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by grandstar(m): 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2019
What of Tinubu who is at least 82 claiming 67?.

I'm joking O! grin grin
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by TempleHouse: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
grandstar:

Why didn't the Belgians suspect? Does he look like Aki or Pawpaw? grin grin
Because he was shaving his big hairy chest ...

1 Like

Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by BabaIbo: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2019
orisa37:

excluding me
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by grandstar(m): 9:18pm On Apr 06, 2019
Blue3k:
We need a Central database to end this issue ounce and for all. The fact is any body can go get affidavit and change their age and identity without anybody keeping track. The system should have full access to capture people's data from all data-capturing agencies such as the VIO, FRSC, NIMC, INEC, etc.

Learn more below:
Nigeria's Booming Business of Unfettered Identity Change

Seconded
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by yusufmurry: 9:19pm On Apr 06, 2019
Only 17 February is constant there.

Meanwhile, anything legal illegally that one can do to survive in this country should do. I am of the thought that men move against you when you don't want to play by the game/system.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by olabs201(m): 9:24pm On Apr 06, 2019
orisa37:

Even our oga in Aso rock.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by oginnade: 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2019
When the system does not give anybody hope by limiting career chances on age ground.
It is on this part of the world you be denied access to life even from the cradle.
Prof, ride on jare. Useless system
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by kkboy(m): 9:33pm On Apr 06, 2019
Wike did it and the court say it doesn't matter. So age falsfication is not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by salt1: 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2019
CodeTemplar:
hmmm.... I used to respect this man a lot for the reforms he brought to the university system.

Me too!
I'm shocked at this
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by otokx(m): 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
salt1:

Me too!
I'm shocked at this

A thorough investigation should be carried out.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by mechanics(m): 9:42pm On Apr 06, 2019
orisa37:
hmmmmm, that's not true.
Re: Peter Okebukola In Age Falsification Scandal, Has Three Birth Dates by Jman06(m): 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2019
Age falsification will stop in Nigeria when we stop placing obnoxious age restrictions in employment processes in Nigeria.

People are looking for survival means through employment and you're restricting them on the grounds of age.

Even countries where employment opportunities are available don't create the sort of age barriers our employers create here.

You can only do that when Nigeria is fully developed and there's a system in place to cater for the old and unemployed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Was Your Name Ever Written Among The Noise Makers In Class? / Justice Development And Peace Commission Where Kids Learn Under The Tree (photo) / You Think You Know Maths ? Try This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.