Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,561 members, 7,837,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy (12139 Views)

Emefiele Apologizes To Nigerians For Online Transaction Failures (Video) / Pos Transaction Problem / GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Marthaodion(f): 9:09am On Apr 08, 2019
Oliver80:
First bank has refused to give me back my 18,000. Hell will loose it’s hold the next time I’ll be in the Bank

I have made up my mind that the next time I get their bank, I will not leave without my money. Manager go hear am. The POS transaction failed since February, they returned one and they still own me one more. I complained about the two transactions same time same day ooh, yet they said they are still working on the second one.

1 Like

Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by kaysy(m): 9:21am On Apr 08, 2019
This is the sole reason why we don't use POS in our Quickteller Paypoint shop, if u dnt have your phone to receive the OTP that will be sent to u via online debit, we will hand ur card back to u, no deal.
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by greatJohnson(m): 9:31am On Apr 08, 2019
w
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Nobody: 9:35am On Apr 08, 2019
Sharon6:

Go to twitter, write a letter to CBN and hashtag your bank... You will get a response fast and you money will be reversed ASAP.

A lady got her money back in 10 minutes after writing CBN on twitter and tagging her bank. The already told her to wait for 2 weeks

Trust me, the fear of CBN is the beginning of wisdom for all Nigerian Banks

Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Humblega(m): 9:36am On Apr 08, 2019
kaysy:
This is the sole reason why we don't use POS in our Quickteller Paypoint shop, if u dnt have your phone to receive the OTP that will be sent to u via online debit, we will hand ur card back to u, no deal.

There is also loads of disadvantages in using Quickteller online otp format too oooo..... Lesser fail transaction with debit though
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 08, 2019
mysticgal:

do you know cbn will pay you extra 10k plus your money after they have dealt with Polaris....just send a complaint mail to Cbn..copy Polaris bank....

I can send you their mail address too

oshi banks
Send me the address including a format to copy any bank please
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by kaysy(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2019
Humblega:

There is also loads of disadvantages in using Quickteller online otp format too oooo..... Lesser fail transaction with debit though

Am yet to see any disadvantage except that some cards are not enrolled for OTP, or the customer has misplaced the phone number linked to card for OTP... the bottom line is, if u cannot use our pattern, forget about it.

Whatever the case may be, we give them a slip like to go solve their problems at the ATM

HOW TO REGISTER FOR SAFETOKEN (One Time Password - OTP) in less than 5mins.

Go to the nearest ATM and insert your ATM card. Input your 4-digit PIN and press Enter.
Select your bank account type (e.g. savings or current). Select the ‘Quickteller’ option from the ATM menu list. Select ‘Pay Bills’ from the Quickteller menu list on the screen. Select ‘Others’ from the bill payment menu list. Enter ‘322222” as the payment code. Enter your phone number as the customer reference number and select ‘Proceed’ you will get a display “do you want to make this payment?” Amount Due: N1
Do not edit the amount to be paid. Click on “Pay Amount Due”

You will then get a confirmation page indicating the registration was successful. Note that a service charge of N100 may be applicable to a successful registration.

Once you are able to complete the registration either at the bank branch or at an ATM, you will be able to receive one time passwords (OTP) to complete online payments. Thank you.
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by honestivo(m): 10:29am On Apr 08, 2019
CBN must do something about this ugly situation
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by boyjo: 10:35am On Apr 08, 2019
JUMIA take note!!
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by othenok(f): 11:04am On Apr 08, 2019
Gentle034:
My own experience is horrible, from 26 till Diz very moment 65 k was deducted from my account for a failed transaction and I never see the revert alert, and the bank keeps telling me to wait another one week, am broke as hell but I don't have a fucking choice bcoz we dey naija

Mine was since 16th March, I was debited thrice for 30k it has not been reversed till date. �
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Surefire1: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2019
ATM also is not helping matter. You are debited and the bank will failed to reverse the said debit. Most people dont love to work rather than title and name of the organisation. Claiming someone else glory. Kama will visit you that dont do the right thing at the right time.
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Surefire1: 11:07am On Apr 08, 2019
honestivo:
CBN must do something about this ugly situation
both are like five and six.
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by HopeAtHand: 11:31am On Apr 08, 2019
mysticgal:

do you know cbn will pay you extra 10k plus your money after they have dealt with Polaris....just send a complaint mail to Cbn..copy Polaris bank....

oshi banks

Wow. Information is awesome.
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by smartergridintl: 11:43am On Apr 08, 2019
Do you know that POS transaction failures has a solution. Smarter Grid International (SGI) provides smart All-in-one POS which is unique and most preferable than the regular POS. It is Wifi enabled, having both low and high range connectivity. wow! this means no more worry for network connectivity. That's not all SGI's Smart POS comes with an android device with camera, dual SIM, Iris and Finger scanner functions to enable biometric details. Smarter Grid's Smart POS may be turning point you need in your business and they are @ 24AJ marinho drive Victoria Island Lagos, +2348110159111, +234905119111
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by ngungurngul(m): 1:07pm On Apr 08, 2019
After 8 working days before the money will be credited to your account. Whata shame
TheMainMan:
if it doesn't work... your money has already bn deducted and you have to wait for reversal which takes days sometimes and sometimes if it works your money gets deducted twice undecided

they had better work on it
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by babalonimi: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2019
I used quickteller to recharge my PREPAID meter only to b debited without TOKEN. I'M really sad nw.
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 08, 2019
mysticgal:

oshi banks

Pls what is CBN's email address?
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by haykay2005: 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2019
Sharon6:

Or send them a mail to your bank and CC, cbn and consumer protection council. It's works. Awon weyrey

Go to twitter, write a letter to CBN and hashtag your bank... You will get a response fast and you money will be reversed ASAP.

A lady got her money back in 10 minutes after writing CBN on twitter and tagging her bank. The already told her to wait for 2 weeks

Trust me, the fear of CBN is the beginning of wisdom for all Nigerian Banks
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by haykay2005: 2:04pm On Apr 08, 2019
send a mail to your bank and CC, cbn and consumer protection council. It's works. Awon weyrey
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by mysticgal(f): 4:08pm On Apr 08, 2019
densel:

Pls what is CBN's email address?

cpd@cbn.gov.ng...that's the email. copy the bank in the mail too but first you must have laid a complaint first

Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by mysticgal(f): 4:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
dailynaijanews:
I sent a mail to CBN since 11th of March, 2019. No reply, no acknowledgment. The email address I sent it to is cpd@cbn.gov.ng

call them out on Twitter...there is power in social media these days...or better still resend a mail and copy the bank after you must have complained.

1 Like

Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by mysticgal(f): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2019
asuustrike1:

Send me the address including a format to copy any bank please

cpd@cbn.gov.ng. that's the mail address but first lay a complaint at the offending bank .

Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by daaforce: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2019
Plain wats the email to lodge in complaint of funds that banks has refused to rectify, I have 65000 hanging for a week now, I used pos and transaction was terminated but I was debited, they have since refused to reverse my money and available gone to first bank n filled forms
Re: POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy by Hausa(m): 8:30am On Jun 08, 2021
Sharon6:
That thing can be so annoying ehn.. Being debited after a failed transaction. And the most annoying thing is having to wait for weeks to get your money back.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Did you eventually get your money back?
What did you do?

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Bank: Nigeria's Growth Lags Africa As Inflation, Poverty, Crime Rises / Interested In Pos/agent Banking? Here Are Some Tips You Need To Know / The Rent Cost Of A Shop In Shoprite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.