Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

Pos Transaction Problem - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pos Transaction Problem (19479 Views)

How Can I Recover My Money After A Failed POS Transaction? / Pos Transaction Failed But Account Debited / POS Transaction Failures Threaten Cashless Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pos Transaction Problem by Hustle938: 12:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your help urgently as regards a banking transaction on my account

I have a Pos shop in Ibadan which I put someone there to manage for me, we accept card transaction and also transfer from bank.

It happened that on the 15th of October 2022, someone came to do transaction in my shop so he sent 20000 twice from Opay with the account name FOLAKE KOLAWOLE and the transaction was confirmed and the person paid his money.

To my greatest surprise last week Friday which happened to be 21st of October 2022,I received some money into my account and I realised the sum of 40000 naira was withheld in my account so on getting to the bank today 24th October,22 I was told the bearer FOLAKE KOLAWOLE reported the transaction as fraud and that was the reason the money was withheld.

I asked for the way forward and I was told I will have to contact the said kolawole folake so she can go to her bank and clear the transaction whereas there is no means to get the lady and no phone number attached.

So I am appealing to all and sundry if u know any kolawole folake that banks with Opay and did a transaction of 20000 twice to an access account so I can reach her or if there’s any other means

The document received from the bank is attached below

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Norra22: 12:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ok
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by 4teenblaq: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
Front-page please. This man needs help

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Weirdcamila: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nigerian banks and stupid doings .
Why not restrict the folake account and leave you alone , now you are paying for folakes crime .
Folake for the night o.
She will come again if you are observant

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Hustle938: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Weirdcamila:
Nigerian banks and stupid doings .
Why not restrict the folake account and leave you alone , now you are paying for folakes crime .
Folake for the night o.
She will come again if you are observant
imagine

The bank gave me only her name with no other details,I have messaged all kolawole folake I know on Facebook but I haven’t gotten any reply

There was no other details aside d name

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by cherishmichael: 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2022
This Nigerian banks are not organised oo, can't they use that girl's details to track her!!!.

Please contact us For your Academic Assignment, Articles, Thesis etc With a satisfying price, tested & assured using TURNITIN Chat us up- see WhatsApp number below (see signature)

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by iiifedimma(f): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by FalseProphet1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
By 2023 there won't be banks in Nigeria cos our useless banks are overwhelmed by the rate of technology in the banking sector. I see Nigerian banks dying off very soon.

This I have seen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by ogododo: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:
Hello Nairalanders, please I need your help urgently as regards a banking transaction on my account

I have a Pos shop in Ibadan which I put someone there to manage for me, we accept card transaction and also transfer from bank.

It happened that on the 15th of October 2022, someone came to do transaction in my shop so he sent 20000 twice from Opay with the account name FOLAKE KOLAWOLE and the transaction was confirmed and the person paid his money.

To my greatest surprise last week Friday which happened to be 21st of October 2022,I received some money into my account and I realised the sum of 40000 naira was withheld in my account so on getting to the bank today 24th October,22 I was told the bearer FOLAKE KOLAWOLE reported the transaction as fraud and that was the reason the money was withheld.

I asked for the way forward and I was told I will have to contact the said kolawole folake so she can go to her bank and clear the transaction whereas there is no means to get the lady and no phone number attached.

So I am appealing to all and sundry if u know any kolawole folake that banks with Opay and did a transaction of 20000 twice to an access account so I can reach her or if there’s any other means

Make u contact your banker. Write a statement through email to document your story, copy CBN too.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by ManirBK: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
New way to cheat Innocent people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Itsrm(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
It's a new scam in town. People go to POS shops to withdraw money and go back to the bank to report the transaction as fraudulent or that the transaction failed. The bank usually will try contacting the POS agent and in cases where they can't be reached, the bank debits the account of the POS agent and credits the fraudster.

In your own case, good thing the bank can reach you. I think all you need to do is prove that Folake was indeed paid by showing them the receipt of the transaction.

Even if the person you paid is not Folake, its none of your business. It wasn't you who compromised Folakes account neither do you have a means to determine fraudulent transactions.

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Joniww(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Tell the bank to give u her details

1 Like

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by southsouthking(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Becareful as well.
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Sammy07: 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Folake4u

Hope no be you, else I go sprinkle your bumbum with cane (Lol)

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by OgaTheTop2: 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
smiley
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by OgaDeyVex: 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
Listen to me carefully everybody. If you’re a POS agent or operate a POS outlet, NEVER EVER ACCEPT TRANSACTIONS (inflow or outflow) FROM NIGERIANS using OPAY, PALMPAY or KUDA BANK ACCOUNTS.

Those accounts are the primary accounts of YAHOO BOYS. They are mainly used to divert fraudulent attention away from their mainstream Bank Accounts.

If any of your customers cannot transact with their mainstream Bank Accounts (e.g First Bank, GTBank, Access Bank, UBA e.t.c)

Tell them to fvck off - otherwise, you’ll land yourself or your business in big trouble.

If I’m doing any transactions with anybody and the person dares mention OPAY or KUDA, I immediately block them off and tag them scammers.

95% of every Nigerian (especially from this current generation) has an active genome of fraud, scam & wickedness in their DNA.

Yahoo Boys are free to masturbate on my mention.

103 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by boldking(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
All I know is that massive rigging will take place come February 23 2023

If TINUBU no rig wetin he gain

3 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by DenreleDave(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
See what front page has turned some people into FGS

Itsrm:

ManirBK:
u
so wetin this u mean now

OgaTheTop2:
smiley
o sunku o mo

OgaDeyVex:
Nawa o

so nawa is also a comment

Zoharariel:
H
do you mean Triple H

boldking:
Bnnn
u for complete am na,, write bnnx ahhhh finesse, if i broke na my business

3 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Odunharry(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:

Yes its fraud except the Folake gave the guy her phone to do transaction.. The problem started from the guy who came to the shop..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Dshocker(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nothing seems to be working in Nigeria....

If the OP had caused a pandemonium or threaten to burn the bank, trust me, they will take you serious and handle the issue swiftly.

The bank has her contact, let them call her or give you her contact.

OP if you no craze for 5mins inside the bank, omo your eyes go see shege and your money gone.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by PheelzAlmighty: 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
Every Nigerian needs help
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by WowSweetGuy(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
grin hahaha

U will get your money back finally

U r even lucky u enter nairaland front-page

Just use ur head and follow d prompt from good advise here
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by KingBosco(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
I pray you find help
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by yeddy99: 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Make a complaint to access bank with proof of transaction.
You were just doing your business as a POS agent.
How were you to know that the customer was not the owner of the account he transferred from?

8 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by fegexo: 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Chai
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by opera1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hustle938:

It's a fraudulent money; Bank may ask you to provide POS certificate but after stressing yourself to get it, they will ask you to pay the money. That is only solution for your account restriction to be lifted.

Stop accepting Transfers or Accept with caution

Talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by naxclimpsey(m): 2:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
It's no a biggy. Snap your POS Stand, take it along with your company log book and where the transaction of the 20k was written on that present day. Once you take this to your bank, your money will be released to you.

Cheers

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by richidinho(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
Oj
Re: Pos Transaction Problem by urbobo20(m): 2:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
Go to court and police station so that the account can be tag . Why do Ibadan bank behave like Ibadan people. Can't they tell you what to do , imagine 400k for this bubu government

3 Likes

Re: Pos Transaction Problem by Bluebox: 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
If she uses opay then her account nber is her phone number without the first zero.
Hustle938:

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

N100 Monthly Charge On First-Bank ATM Withdrawals / Paypal Accidentally Gives Man $92 Quadrillion / Black Market Welcomes Cardoso With ₦960/$1, P2P Now ₦970/$1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.