Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? (18231 Views)

I Just Bought A New Lg Tv 32inches And The Picture Quality Is Not Hd! / Project Strongest States In Nigeria TV Show: Photos Of Delegates / Picture Quality Of TSTV: Bein Sport HD Live On Tstv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by HolyFuckXXX: 7:23am On Apr 09, 2019
Prior to the thread created by hissexcelency about NTA being an embarrassment.

well the truth of the matter is apart from Church TV stations like Emmanuel TV by TB Joshua, loveworld by Chris oyakhilome and other stations owned by churches.

All other secular TV stations in Nigeria are an embarrassment and a national humiliation to NIGERIA.

This is not even about NTA, stations like silverbird, AIT, channels, Lagos TV, galaxy etc, are all shameful to the black race.

It's 2019 and the 21st century and yet these TV stations in Nigeria, lacked good picture quality, their videos and programs is like taking me back to the days of 3gp video quality.

Look at Emmanuel TV and loveworld, you will see that their picture quality, their videos are world class, they are in the league of their own.

There is practically no difference between the quality in CNN and that of Emmanuel TV and loveworld, including all other church TV stations like omega fire ministry, Mercy TV and Redeemers TV etc.

So why are all the TV stations owned by churches, top notch?

And the others funded by government and one politician or the other, are an embarrassment to the black race and the world at large.

During the election when Inec chairman was calling the result, the picture quality, the video, even the settings and the Hall used, everything was like going back to 1914.
The world was watching how embarrassing Nigeria has become.

something is fundamentally wrong in Nigeria.

The studios of NTA, AIT, SILVERBIRD, Channels etc are all embarrassment.

Journalist and newscasters are all embarrassment.

Picture quality is an embarrassment.

video quality is in 3gp.

Nigeria which way?

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2019
angry

Guy why you steal my FTC angry angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Ndkings1(m): 7:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Chai.... I missed.

Third to comment

ND Kings The Don

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Snipespeter: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2019
Aaaaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Timoleon(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Frankly, it is very appalling and highly embarrassing. We import everything in this country, even quality television has to be imported. Sometimes when I see/hear people argue about how dstv is reaping Nigerians off, I just ignore and move on.

There is a clear lack of innovation amongst our TV station owners. Many of them have remained almost as they started out.

For the election result collation, that hall is another height of corruption in how INEC handled the billions it got to conduct the 2019 elections. Many secondary schools in Nigeria have better looking halls. Why should we be subjected to such gory sights.

One way I think these stations can sit up is if Cable TV can become cheaper, then MAYBE when they notice no one is watching local TV again, those who wish to remain in business will be forced to sit up.

34 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by adaksbullet: 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
well, whot are u espected from a 1202BC tv station? undecided ....notin his just walking on these contry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by TechCapon(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Lol. The reason is because they're free to air and therefore can't spend huge millions on expensive cameras and so on. The churches you mentioned all have budget running into billions of naira. A very good camera cost nothing less than 5 million naira

Another thing is that Nigeria is a failed country. South Africa has Supersports, mtn, shoprite and so on. Globacom has managed to remain the worst network in the world and rather spend more on TV commercials than on equipment

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by nairalee(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
It's funny cos we aren't even expected to invent new technology fa. All we need is to buy already existing technology o. In most ramifications Nigeria is still in 1920

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by allansie(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
Anything Nigeria is always different na
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
TVC is clean bro

37 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
I don't watch Nigerian TV.

Most of them still transmit on SD but use HD cameras.

Of all, NTA is the worst TV station there is.

TVC, Channels, OnTV etc have better picture quality and programmes.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by naijapips04: 7:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Mr HolyFvck, will you keep kwait!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Oladimejjy(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
OP,Do you watch TVCNEWS and TVCEnt their quality is also good.I think.

18 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by dolphinife: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
Have you seen TVC of late?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Revolva(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
@op

why r u complaining go and open your own tv station and make you see how e be

NTA is bad we know.....

but pls channels and AIT picture uality is good

silverbird quality don drop

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by iAmViper(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
Den be like nairaland dem go dey carry old news

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by sod09(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
They don't improve at all, wack programs
Poor TV quality pictures and sounds especially the local channels on Dstv.
Eyesore

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Jh0wsef(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
TVC dey try. but you see that NTA? when your Gotv expires. Just be ready for a 1966 teleportation experience grin

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Offpoint: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
The answer is very simple... because all of their equipment are single hands...
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
Oga don't compare EmmanuelTV with NTA maybe u should change that u black and white television to collored1.. grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by OKUCHI11(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2019
everything na embarrassment... for your side...
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by techTidot: 7:40am On Apr 09, 2019
Its a deliberate attempt to sabotage tv antennas and promote satalite tv, especially dstv angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Oladimejjy(m): 7:40am On Apr 09, 2019
aro1:
TVC is clean bro
over clean gan dey worry am...Even channels is also with better quality.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by nabegibeg: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2019
HolyFuckXXX:
Prior to the thread created by hissexcelency about NTA being an embarrassment.

well the truth of the matter is apart from Church TV stations like Emmanuel TV by TB Joshua, loveworld by Chris oyakhilome and other stations owned by churches.

All other secular TV stations in Nigeria are an embarrassment and a national humiliation to NIGERIA.

This is not even about NTA, stations like silverbird, AIT, channels, Lagos TV, galaxy etc, are all shameful to the black race.

It's 2019 and the 21st century and yet these TV stations in Nigeria, lacked good picture quality, their videos and programs is like taking me back to the days of 3gp video quality.

Look at Emmanuel TV and loveworld, you will see that their picture quality, their videos are world class, they are in the league of their own.

There is practically no difference between the quality in CNN and that of Emmanuel TV and loveworld, including all other church TV stations like omega fire ministry, Mercy TV and Redeemers TV etc.

So why are all the TV stations owned by churches, top notch?

And the others funded by government and one politician or the other, are an embarrassment to the black race and the world at large.

During the election when Inec chairman was calling the result, the picture quality, the video, even the settings and the Hall used, everything was like going back to 1914.
The world was watching how embarrassing Nigeria has become.

something is fundamentally wrong in Nigeria.

The studios of NTA, AIT, SILVERBIRD, Channels etc are all embarrassment.

Journalist and newscasters are all embarrassment.

Picture quality is an embarrassment.

video quality is in 3gp.

Nigeria which way?

Because they lack foresight

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Prodigytal: 7:42am On Apr 09, 2019
In case there's any body reading this that works in or own a tv station, I'm a video editor and content producer. I would be an asset to any tv station
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by masciv: 7:44am On Apr 09, 2019
Excuse me, sorry o but i really think you shouldn't insult CNN. They transmit around 2k or 4k video while the churches you mentioned transmit at most 1080i.

Well, to the other stations you mentioned, i think it's a case of not having enough to transmit on higher qualities in terms of equipment and/or money.

Besides, until recently there wasn't really an influx of flatscreen tvs capable of decoding high quality videos. Maybe they will change soon since more people got tvs with 1080i capability although stations like NtA most especially are a national disgrace since they are actually transmitting lower than 360p but as for CNN... They are in a world of their own!

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:44am On Apr 09, 2019
Bro you are emphatically wrong about this

Most of those private channels are miles ahead of Nta in terms of content, picture quality and professionalism.

They are funded by private individuals who want the rest of Nigeria to have access to some sort of local entertainment.

Although, they have not yet converted to full High Definition Television (HDTV) quality of pictures unlike Loveworld and other religious channels because they don't have access to limitless funding from pocket of an institution like a church, they still manage to serve a specific purpose in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by anambraamaka: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2019
I tire oo
Re: Why Do Nigeria TV Stations Lack Good Picture Quality? by Temidayo9(m): 7:46am On Apr 09, 2019
I think the facts remains that most receiver TV Nigerian uses has 720x1440 resolution instead of 1080x1920, and the TV channels are not in HD

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Who Among This 5 Character Is Likely To Become The 8th Hokage If Naruto Dies? / TECNO Camission Reality Show On Africa Magic (Pictures) / Photos From Nigerian Idol Season 7 Live Show (Week 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.