Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,778 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:12 PM

Ibrahim Magu Asks Bankers To Report Any Money Laundering To EFCC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Magu Asks Bankers To Report Any Money Laundering To EFCC (11461 Views)

DSS Arrests Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman / Buhari Considers Sack, Prosecution Of Ibrahim Magu / Video Showing Efcc’s Ibrahim Magu At APC Event An Error — Channels TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Ibrahim Magu Asks Bankers To Report Any Money Laundering To EFCC by dxdiag(m): 6:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
son123:
I think EFCC and the govt. should be looking at reducing the amounts in question. There are many means of payment, e-channels in particular and the AML drive should discourage people having physical access to big amounts. It still beats my imagination having these amounts at both #5m and #10m. Nobody should have access to more than 1% of these values and the rest should go through transfers or e-channels/payments.

The cashless policy should be extended to dom accounts. This is one area the govt. or EFCC is failing to fight ML. By cashless policy, i cannot withdraw more than a certain amount as an individual but i can still do that using my dom accounts; i transfer the naira equivalence to a BDC and get forex at no charge to either of us and convert it back to naira in the open market(defeating the cashless policy in place).

This is why ML is very rife in Nigeria and this what most politicians do to get by with ML. The cashless policy should be extended to dom accounts and as a rule, no withdrawal above $100 or pound or euro, etc, over the counter should be encouraged. Anything above it, should be go through transfers or e-payments and this will be a very good way of reducing the pressure on the naira in chasing the dollar, ML, and bring almost all forex users into the net.
Verry brilliant of u
Re: Ibrahim Magu Asks Bankers To Report Any Money Laundering To EFCC by Girlbestfriend(f): 5:17pm On May 19, 2020

You're very correct. I got a job of about 660k in Bornu state with one of those multinational NGOs last month,but I rejected it oo due to that Bokoharam issue.

Please I know I'm alittle bit late for this conversation. But I need help, I want an NGO job.
I want to start from the bottom of the ladder by first volunteering before getting the real deal. How do I go about this??

I have degital skills(Data analysis) I'm a graduate of health planning and management(MSc). My main focus is monitoring and evaluation, I want to get grounded on M&E.

Please how do I go about volunteering. I look forward to hearing from you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC To Hold Governorship Elections In Kogi, Bayelsa On November 2 / Enugu: Tribunal Sacks House of Reps member Okereke (LP), Returns Pdp's Onwuegbu / BPE Announces Buyers For Power Plants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.