Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,966 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election (3107 Views)

Imo Governorship Re-run Election: Okorocha In Early Lead / IMO Governorship Election Result / Breaking***emeka Ihedioha Wins Imo PDP Governorship Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by azorjiu(m): 9:53pm On Apr 29, 2007
http://www.tribune.com.ng/

** President Obasanjo's daughter, Iyabo, wins Ogun Central senatorial election conducted on Saturday.
** Ikedi Ohakim (PPA) wins Imo State governorship election.
**Sullivan Chime (PDP) wins Enugu State governorship election.
** Justice Bashir Sambo, immediate past chairman of the Code of Conduct tribunal, is dead.

undecided
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by buchio7(m): 8:08am On Apr 30, 2007
azorjiu:

http://www.tribune.com.ng/

** Ikedi Ohakim (PPA) wins Imo State governorship election. undecided

he has made a deal to defect to PDP after swearing in that is why he was declared winner. confirm from thisday today
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by Hugoboi(m): 5:56pm On Apr 30, 2007
Thanx god that evil man called Ifeanyi Araraume has finally been caged.This goes to prove that God is alive and cares for folks who make supplications to him daily.
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by 9ja4eva: 6:11pm On Apr 30, 2007
I am really happy for Imo State.Its lovely knowing PDP didnt win in dt State.
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by Beline(f): 6:15pm On Apr 30, 2007
Hugoboi:

Thanx god that evil man called Ifeanyi Araraume has finally been caged.This goes to prove that God is alive and cares for folks who make supplications to him daily.

what make u think he is evil?
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by Hugoboi(m): 6:20pm On Apr 30, 2007
I dont want to join issues wit nobody but i'm from the very same local govt wit this punk and I can assure u that he's worse than Mugabe and Idi Amin fused together.Suffice it to say that we've rid ourselve of a menace and to God be the glory!!
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by Hugoboi(m): 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2007
[b]

Since November, 1949 Home About Us Contact Us Advertising Archive Saturday Tribune Sunday Tribune News From Nigeria
Truth, Courage & Fairness Search this site

News
Print This Page

Agriculture Arts and Review Banking and Finance Business and Economy Education Energy, Oil and Gas Entertainment Lagos Life Letters Religion Science and Technology Sports Tourism
Columnists/Contributors
Still talking about X - By Sina Oladeinde

Young, Masters, Obasanjo & Co.? - By Nosa Osaigbovo

What punctures defences to libel (1) - By Dolapo Okunniga

Politicians and their emergency charitable acts - By Debo Abdulai

Whither Nigeria? - By Tunde Fagbenle

The Law of ‘free’ - By Smith Bam

PPA wins Imo gov election - Araraume rejects results
Joe Nwachukwu, Owerri - 30.04.2007

THE Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the candidate of the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA), Chief Ikedi Ohakim, the winner of the governorship electioin held last Saturday in Imo State.

Announcing the results to newsmen yesterday in Owerri, the state capital, the state Resident Electoral Commissioner, Alhaji Isimail Abdulkarim, said Chief Ohakim scored 749,800 votes to beat 15 other contestants.

He said the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Senator Ifeanyi Ararume, got 309,273 votes and Chief Martin Agbaso 59,635 votes to place second and third respetively.

In his victory speech after the announcement of the result, Chief Ohakim promised to provide an effective, responsibe and responsive government.

According to him, fear of God and love for his people would be the watchwords of his administration.

Meanwhile, Senator Araraume has described the outcome of the election as unacceptable.

Senator Araraume, who spoke through his publicity secretary, Dr. James Okoroma, vowed to challenge the result at the election tribunal

[/b]

Just culeed this from Nigerian Tribune Online.This is a victory for the masses!!
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by stanech: 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2007
So the election wa free and fair because PDP loosed abi?
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by 9ja4eva: 6:35pm On Apr 30, 2007
I wld say yes
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by stanech: 6:47pm On Apr 30, 2007
But if to say na PDP win, then e for be rigged election. My People too dey biased
Re: Ppa Wins Imo Governorship Election by 9ja4eva: 5:37am On May 01, 2007
lol

Cos PDP too rig brova.Not in all cases though.

(1) (Reply)

El-rufai - My Support For Yar'adua A Mistake / PHOTO: Killer Of Lagos Lawyer,barrister Olakunle Fadipe Arrested / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander - Isama Alabi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.