Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,308 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily (615 Views)

Zaynab-Otiti Obanor: Ooni Of Ife's Ex-Wife Olori Wuraola In New York (Photos) / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by MacTv: 11:10am On Apr 11, 2019
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Enitan Ogunwusi said on Wednesday April 10, 2019 said that no less than 2,000 tourists visit his palace and other tourist sites around Ile-Ife everyday.

Ooni said this during a press tour organised to ascertain how far tourism had impacted on Ife community and its environs, ahead of the Tourism Innovation and Development Innovation Conference (TIDA) slated for April 24.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the theme of the conference is: Impact of Sustainable Tourism Development and Marketing of Tourism Destinations on Host Communities.

The monarch said that tourists from all over the world had been visiting the ancient town on a regular basis to know more about its culture making it a good reference point in domestic tourism.

The Ooni said that to keep the good record and history, there had been orientation programmes for the residents, adding that this was on how best they could be hospitable and familiarise themselves with the history of the town.

In his statement,
”Ife remains a tourist hub, the huge number of visitors I receive on a daily basis can attest to this.
”We want to ensure we do better in terms of hospitality, that is why we have continued to re-orientate our people on the essence of being hospitable.”

Source: https://www.mactvnaija.com/2019/04/ooni-of-ife-i-receive-over-2000.html

Cc Deomelo
ngeneukwenu
kayfra

Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:11am On Apr 11, 2019
Did you give royalty to the real founders of Ile Ife?

Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:13am On Apr 11, 2019
The great Ooni of Ife. OJAJA II.

But Alaafin of Oyo is still the number 1 king in Yoruba Land in all ramifications.
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by Amuocha: 11:15am On Apr 11, 2019
in Naira or Kobo?
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:16am On Apr 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
Did you give royalty to the real owners of Ile Ife ?

I heard Igbos are the true ancestors and founders of the Yorubas race. Ijebu Igbo, Ugbo nla and other places in Yoruba Land still use Igbo names.
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:18am On Apr 11, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I heard Igbos are the true ancestors and founders of the Yorubas race. Ijebu Igbo, Ugbo nla and other places in Yoruba Land still use Igbo names.

It's no longers news that Igbo people founded Ile Ife and co-owned Lagos .

Ndigbo are the reason Ile Ife was named the cradle of mankind .
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by MacTv: 11:22am On Apr 11, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

We all hear, but history will be history, the fact remains that no one knows the origin...
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by MacTv: 11:23am On Apr 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

It's no longers news that Igbo people founded Ile Ife and co-owned Lagos .

Ndigbo are the reason Ile Ife was named the cradle of mankind .
A lot of hidden facts yet to be unveiled
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:31am On Apr 11, 2019
MacTv:

Maybe this video will help you ..

That's Ooni of Ife celebrating "Aje" festival as a mark of respect for Igbo people .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBl4Va5oxCo
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2019
MacTv:

The recent one by Ooni on Igbo people .

We are not mates with some people from the other side .. Ooni declared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOEznatuVXQ
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by orisa37: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
Please plan for 10000 from 2023.
You are the Great, Great, Great ad infinitum Grand son of The Nephilim Son of Olodumare, ODUDUWA, for Africa and The Carribeans
ILE-IFE is a Household, Land and a Citadel of LOVE for God. So you are the Costodian of that Treasure of Olodumare on Earth.
May God grant you Wisdom, Knowledge, Understanding, Power, Might and Hope to succeed, IJN AMEN !!!
Re: Ooni Of Ife - I Receive Over 2,000 Tourists Daily by delpee(f): 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
There's a difference between Ugbo and Igbo. The pronunciation is not the same too. The Ugbo people still exist in Ondo State. They attacked Oduduwa. They used to adorn themselves with leaves and grass (Ugbo in their dialect) to sneak into Ife. Ifes conquered them eventually with the assistance of Moremi, a queen from Offa.

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Month To All NL Members / Refinement Of Culture. / Gov'nor Arts Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.