Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. (3437 Views)

Two Years Remembrance Of Yar'adua / Alhaji Dahiru Mangal: The Profile Of Yar'adua’s Buddy And Nigeria's Richest Cros / Picture Of Yar'Adua And Goodluck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by dayokanu(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2008
I was in Katsina recently and I evaluated the state and what Nigerians should expect from Yar'Adua

A gov who left 7 billion in the coffers of the state while Almajiris flood the street of Katsina is a governor who lacks ideas about how to tackle the problems at hand. What is the use of money in the coffers when Katsina is still one of the most under developed state in Nigeria? It is one of the few states that still boast of cases of wild Polio in Nigeria and are still exporting it to the outside world? Are you still wondering why the state gov, after 8 years still travel abroad to treat constipation?

So Nigeria would have 100billion dollars in reserves and the populace would be suffering no Light, bad roads no amenities and he would claim that he does not steal money

Reminds me of a story of a man who was saving, had a fat bank account and died of hunger

Is this post of over a year ago still relevant?
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by samorijack(m): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2008
Like minded people who desire,accountability and better governance,must come together and make a stand.These rich dudes will not become poor because of us,their primary interest is their stomachs.
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by Eziachi: 9:48pm On Jul 10, 2008
Nigerians always and never seize to amaze me. There is always ready made escuse for everything. Almajiris are proffessional beggers, we have been told and I wonder if they pay tax for it then, since they are proffessional and it seems to be their job they have chosen.

We were told Yar Adua was humble, gentle etc but he declare asset hundred time his worth eight years ago and before then, he was a hungry teacher riding on the image of his late brother.

We had been told he was next to Duke in achievement but weren't told what the achievements are, does it mean that all road in Katsina are tarred, they have running water, free education, modern class room for kids, free medical care and modern/equipt hospitals? What are Duke's achievement too? Don't mention his white elephant project Tinapa- the debt he has incured from Tinapa will take cross River people 30 years to clear it and no one is even renting a space yet at Tinapa.

It is my believe that in a real and truthful democratic environment, Yar Adua with his political clout, intelligent and skill will struggle to win a local govt election, let alone, a president of a nation of over 150 million people.
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On Jul 10, 2008
dayokanu:

Is this post of over a year ago still relevant?

YEP!!

Eziachi:

It is my believe that in a real and truthful democratic environment, Yar Adua with his political clout, intelligent and skill will struggle to win a local govt election, let alone, a president of a nation of over 150 million people.

I agree that he would definitely not have made it in a true democracy. And My reason is just cause of the fact that he barely accomplished much in Katsina after 8 whole years. I am not convinced he has any political clout. I do know of his brother's story. I doubt he has much intelligence and skill knowing what I know of his time in office as governor of katsina state. I can not for the life of me understand why someone can fail as a governor but be given a seat as a president in a true democracy.

Now I know there are people who will come after me with all sorts of excuses but there is no way you can fail as a worker but be promoted to CEO, I mean in the real honest world.
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by doyin13(m): 11:23pm On Jul 10, 2008
Funny thing is, the state of his coffers at the time of his departure
was held as a sign of his ability to manage Public Finances. . . .and I thought
bloody hell, the man stores it under his bed.
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by Kobojunkie: 4:10pm On Jul 11, 2008
What I don't understand is how we freely use the words 'Honest', Intelligent', 'Skilled' top qualify persons who continue to show us that they do not deserve such qualifications. I don't know the man personally so I am unable to guage who he truly is but his record is a seriously poor one and I fail to see how people continue to believe what we have is honest and intelligent at this point.
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by fizzybaba(m): 2:31pm On Aug 19, 2009
This poster is a seer

notin to show yet he is interested in a second term.

he had better embezzle our money than come tell us that he has billions of dollar in saving
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2009
Time for a roll call.
Or do we still give him a second term before we can do the roll call?
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by hollandis(f): 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
Gosh I cant believe I missed this topic(way back in time -2007) haba sad

@topic
I have been to the state recently.My encounter was unpalatable.Let me recount the ordeal I suffered in Katsina,just some months after he (the dull one)assumed presidency.

My first experience happened to be during the rainy season.On getting to the state,all I could see was water,even though the rain wasn't too heavy.Everywhere was flooded.The cause of the flood was not the drizzle nor the absence of reservoirs.The cause was pure water sachet.It was damn disgusting .

Generally speaking,Katsina is a desert,no development ,nothing except unused tarred roads.Unfortunately these roads have no cars to ply them.The people are so poor that they can hardly afford a 3-square meal(I wonder how they can afford a car-even if it's rickety).The roads are so empty that you can count the number of cars in Kaduna.

The irritating effect of the state and the subsequent inhalation of putrid smells(hausas defeacate anywhere,anytime,anyday) made me throw away my lunch pack .This was the bgenesis of my problem.After doing my half day(of a total of 2 weeks) assignment,I started feeling the pangs of hunger. Ladies and Gentlemen ,I drove for a total of two hours without seeing an eatery.I was fortunate to see an ojuju calabar(how else can I  explain ,a girl in black,with virtually everywhere covered except her shoe) who refered me to one alamin restaurant.

Watch out for part two of yaradull must go.I will include the girls,the hotels ,the restaurant and coexistence with the strange inhabitants of yaradull's state.
Re: Katsina State After 8 Years Of Yar'adua. by Fhemmmy: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2009
This just confirmed what i have always been saying.
Yar"Adua is not the kinda leader that people wanna make him to look like, the guy is just a figure head, cos he has no way to develop nothing, he is the type that blv in suffering as long as he has money in his account.
He has no vission, and i think his appointment was based on leaving money in the coffer and not for ruling and developing the state.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Name Top 10 Streets In Abeokuta That Needs Portable Drinking Water / About Biafra, Chinua, Ojukwu And Co B4 N D Aftermaths! / Voters Abandon The Two Main Presiential Candidate In Ebonyi State_ Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.