Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,148 members, 7,835,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (36502 Views)

2023: Reconsider Your Need To Travel To Nigeria - Australia, UK Warn Citizens / Insecurity In Nigeria: Canada Warns Citizens To Avoid Non-Essential Travel / Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by ifymadu: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
Guestlander:
The US where you could be shot just standing in front of your door and minding your own business?

Still far far better than living in Nigeria.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2019
ifymadu:

Still far far better than living in Nigeria.

Perhaps, but if you are leaving for fear of being shot, then you better stay in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Beautyaddy: 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2019
Guestlander:

Perhaps, but if you are leaving for fear of being shot, then you better stay in Nigeria.

Yes, but if you are leaving Nigeria for the fear of being kidnapped for ransom money, then you better not stay in Nigeria.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by esanmantruth: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2019
smatt1711:
We are doomed!!

Is America better? Where someone will just enter public place and start shooting? Gay and lesbians is legalize. A city of immorality. We are the one going crazy about those stupid country, will a focus Chinese man praise America as a country? I love my country and proud of a nation where you can breath fresh air in and out. Where you can plant without fertilizers right from day one I love Asia countries than America

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by olioxx(m): 4:37pm On Apr 13, 2019
Being a Nigerian is a RISK FACTOR

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by ifymadu: 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
Guestlander:

Lol...but I must confess it's not as bad as it sounds. I lived in Florida and now in Texas and all my years have never experienced a shooting, it'sjust that almost every incident in the US is reported by the press cos of the value they attach to human life. Just imagine if all the deaths in Nigeria were to be reported, boko haram, bandits, herdsmen, sars, Yahoo, ikorodu boys, areas boys and thugs, school cults, daily lynching of petty thieves, etc. The list goes on and on, if you add all these then you will understand US is a paradise. Here you are even allowed to owned a gun to defend yourself unlike Nigeria where you are entirely helpless.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by arsenal33: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
smatt1711:
We are doomed!!
You are doomed! USA get bad belle because Nigeria turned to China

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by pacespot(m): 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
Guestlander:
The US where you could be shot just standing in front of your door and minding your own business?

even you can be shot by cops inside your own room. such as the case of Texas cop who shot a black man inside his own apartment because she thought he was an intruder in her apartment whereas she was the one who entered another man's apartment, so she blew a hole in his chest with her police pistol and she called the cops that she has killed a burglar. I heard she was charged with only a manslaughter in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Beautyaddy: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
ifymadu:

Lol...but I must confess it's not as bad as it sounds. I lived in Florida and now in Texas and all my years have never experienced a shooting, it'sjust that almost every incident in the US is reported by the press cos of the value they attach to human life. Just imagine if all the deaths in Nigeria were to be reported, boko haram, bandits, herdsmen, sars, Yahoo, ikorodu boys, areas boys and thugs, school cults, daily lynching of petty thieves, etc. The list goes on and on, if you add all these then you will understand US is a paradise. Here you are even allowed to owned a gun to defend yourself unlike Nigeria where you are entirely helpless.

Nigeria does not have the freedom of the press like the US. So most killings or murders are not reported in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by sulasa07(m): 5:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
happney65:

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/13/reconsider-travelling-nigeria-us-warns-citizens?fbclid=IwAR0wrPOG652kvoNhoTCyywsvC77KFny4fC5lSwJqnirMmvDIvDm8D8K_oDY
Wait o,is USA not the No 1 or No 3 in rape crimes,and yet, they label Nigeria as bad,Thunder Fire The whole USA.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Mizwisdom(f): 5:13pm On Apr 13, 2019
sulasa07:

Wait o,is USA not the No 1 or No 3 in rape crimes,and yet, they label Nigeria as bad,Thunder Fire The whole USA.

They are the rape capital of the world, they overtook South Africa this year. Women and girls are endangered species there sad

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by y3mi(m): 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2019
NotComplaining:
Nigeria is not dangerous, the people are.

Nigerians blame SARS, but forget that SARS are a product of their misadventures in Nigeria and other countries.

A 60 yr old man will be blaming Politicians for his poverty, yet is sexually harrassing 10 yr old girls and boys.

Parents complain of sexual violence, yet promote the likes of Toto Dikeh in their homes, exposing them to the desensitized film industry where coerced advances and innuendos are normal.

The world is watching how our only indigenous commodity is fraud, blaming colonialism as if India and China were not once colonies.

Decrepit ageist politicians blaming the youth yet their children are neatly tucked away far from the woes of 70% of the population.

Youths blame politicians for robbing the people blind but will gladly offer services to a friend who is robbing widows and orphans in foreign lands citing slavery as his excause. Abeg, when were his parents ever enslaved? Dont remember slaves ever being repatriated to Nigeria... Yet we have the likes of Operah who never blames slavery for her failures.

Everyone in this country feel he or she is more entitled to the riches of the earth than the next person. Its reached boiling point and only now the world is reacting.

Nigerians will cause untold suffering to the citizens of the world if left unchecked! We are rapacious, immoral and blood thirsty.

It's unbelievable how you are unable to detect how your analyses stinks of ignorance while trying to make good points. Have you ever sat down and think deep about the origins of all what you wrote ? Oh you think they just occurred like that and nothing ever gave rise to them? It is one thing to identify a problem, it is another thing to be able to trace the sources of the problems to their overlooked causative origins.

Pointing out all those things as if they just popped out of nowhere while everyone catches it, don't you realize each and ever one of those ills you highlighted was a result of years of a failing and now fallen system we all pretend to see as government. Were their cases of pedophiliac and wanton greed for material gratification two to three decades ago ? Don't you realize the more the system keeps failing its people, the more the people who are the country keep getting worse ?
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by y3mi(m): 6:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Mizwisdom:

They are the rape capital of the world, they overtook South Africa this year. Women and girls are endangered species there sad
Ignoramus everywhere in Nigeri!!

Wouldn't you prefer to be in a country where no matter how frequent and grievous are the crimes that occurs there, they still get reported and solved after thorough investigation (USA) than existing in a so-called country where heinous crimes occurs every seconds so much that only a very few ones out of the so many many get reported to the impoverished citizens who have no stable electric power to watch the ones that are managed to be reported only during News time ?
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by AngelicBeing: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
y3mi:
Ignoramus everywhere in Nigeri!!

Wouldn't you prefer to be in a country where no matter how frequent and grievous are the crimes that occurs there, they still get reported and solved after thorough investigation (USA) than existing in a so-called country where heinous crimes occurs every seconds so much that only a very few ones out of the so many many get reported to the impoverished citizens who have no stable electric power to watch the ones that are managed to be reported only during News time ?
l wonder why people are angry about the travel alert from the US government, we can continue to leave in denials and fake patriotism to a failed state, not me, l agree with the US decision, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya, so it is in the best interest of the US to protect her citizens from been killed in a failed state, the US value all her citizens unlike Nigeria case closed, next news grin
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Hadampson(m): 10:01pm On Apr 13, 2019
NotComplaining:
Nigeria is not dangerous, the people are.

Nigerians blame SARS, but forget that SARS are a product of their misadventures in Nigeria and other countries.

A 60 yr old man will be blaming Politicians for his poverty, yet is sexually harrassing 10 yr old girls and boys.

Parents complain of sexual violence, yet promote the likes of Toto Dikeh in their homes, exposing them to the desensitized film industry where coerced advances and innuendos are normal.

The world is watching how our only indigenous commodity is fraud, blaming colonialism as if India and China were not once colonies.

Decrepit ageist politicians blaming the youth yet their children are neatly tucked away far from the woes of 70% of the population.

Youths blame politicians for robbing the people blind but will gladly offer services to a friend who is robbing widows and orphans in foreign lands citing slavery as his excause. Abeg, when were his parents ever enslaved? Dont remember slaves ever being repatriated to Nigeria... Yet we have the likes of Operah who never blames slavery for her failures.

Everyone in this country feel he or she is more entitled to the riches of the earth than the next person. Its reached boiling point and only now the world is reacting.

Nigerians will cause untold suffering to the citizens of the world if left unchecked! We are rapacious, immoral and blood thirsty.

So true. As Nigeria is now, if Americans should swap their country with us. America would become Syria in no time

2 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Hadampson(m): 10:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
esanmantruth:

Is America better? Where someone will just enter public place and start shooting? Gay and lesbians is legalize. A city of immorality. We are the one going crazy about those stupid country, will a focus Chinese man praise America as a country? I love my country and proud of a nation where you can breath fresh air in and out. Where you can plant without fertilizers right from day one I love Asia countries than America

USA is overrated

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by aremuforlife(m): 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2019
The boy took a gun from the car's console and accidentally fired it while his mother was outside, striking his sister in the head, the sheriff's office said.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nobody: 2:35am On Apr 14, 2019
babzo:

Its the lack of consequences that has led to what is happening in Nigeria and what is happening in Nigeria is what the US is warning its citizens about.

There literally hundreds of armed robbery cases in Nigeria every day and tens of thousands every year. Penalty for armed robbery in Nigeria is death, yet no armed robber has been executed since 1996 except the 4 or so executed a few years ago.

In fact, i doubt there has been more than 2 armed robbery trails in the last 1 year.

A lot of bad things happen everywhere, that you live in a quiet city doesn't paint the true picture of US. I can take you around areas of Washington DC so that you see for yourself what is happening in broad day light....your car can be broken into just to steal a cell phone charger. By the time you stroll around Camden NJ, then you can judge for yourself. Meanwhile there are a lot of information you don't have access to (confidential info), the truth is the average Nigerian city is safer than the average US city for violent crimes.

2 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Kingkun69(m): 3:24am On Apr 14, 2019
BrainSanitizer:
I know our government is incompetent and lacks any idea on how to safeguard the lives of its citizens. However, the USA is no better when it comes to radical killings. At least we know those killing our people. The government just doesn't have the will to tackle the issue.
In America, everyone is a potential killer! Anytime you leave your home in the US, know that the probability of being shot is 1/2 if not higher. At clubs, school, shopping areas, eateries, airports, train and bus stations, even in your house!
If you are in Nigeria and you don't travel to the North East, your chances of staying alive are over 90℅. Can America say that about America?
I am saddened when these Western countries say these sort of things about Nigeria all because Nigerians we're foolish enough to let bad leadership thrive. Only if we had taken the obvious better decisions!
But hello America, just chill...
It's just a matter of time.
The stolen mandate must be reclaimed and Nigeria will #workagain!
most of those crimes are reported or caught on camera but in Nigeria when they kill you only Justice is jungle justice or the killer goes to kill again
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 4:31am On Apr 14, 2019
simonjo:

A lot of bad things happen everywhere, that you live in a quiet city doesn't paint the true picture of US. I can take you around areas of Washington DC so that you see for yourself what is happening in broad day light....your car can be broken into just to steal a cell phone charger. By the time you stroll around Camden NJ, then you can judge for yourself. Meanwhile there are a lot of information you don't have access to (confidential info), the truth is the average Nigerian city is safer than the average US city for violent crimes.

Bro, the USA works a bit differently than Nigeria. Every crime/incidents in every city is recorded, even a missing cat. There is no mystery about DC ( i was there recently), all records are public. There are bad neighborhoods and good neighborhoods in every State and almost every city.
No confidentiality with crime records. All crimes ARE INVESTIGATED. There is consequence for crime in America
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 4:59am On Apr 14, 2019
Kingkun69:
most of those crimes are reported or caught on camera but in Nigeria when they kill you only Justice is jungle justice or the killer goes to kill again

Bro, please help me tell them o!
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Ugosample(m): 7:22am On Apr 14, 2019
BuhariLooter:
NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA...

Professors without discovery,
Politicians without ideology,
Wealth without prosperity,
Religion without piety,
Leaders without vision,
The oppressed without worries,
Courts without justice,
Criminals without fears,
History without glory,
Heroes without honor,
Schools without learning,
Artists without taste,
Intellectuals without thought,
Terrorists without identity,
Appointees without life,
Hunger without famine,
Change without progress,
Next level without foundation,
Democracy without citizens,
Unity without love,
Heroes without sacrifice,
Policies without plans,
Crime without culprits,
Saints without humility,
Integrity without performance,
Wars without enemies,
Billionaires without business,
Youth without dreams,
Elders without wisdom.

You have said it all jare

don't mind all these pseudo patriots up there who are living in denial that NiggerArea is FAILED, DEAD AND FINISHED
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Ugosample(m): 7:30am On Apr 14, 2019
aremuforlife:
The boy took a gun from the car's console and accidentally fired it while his mother was outside, striking his sister in the head, the sheriff's office said.

actions have consequences in the U.S.

and generally the populace is scared of the law

You commit crime and try to hide /conceal it

So the law does not fvck you up

but In your failed shithole country of origin, crimes are committed BRAZENLY undecided

A fool who organised the theft of the mace in the NA was re elected and celebrated
You see how Nigerians are foolish?

What of those who proudly identify as cultists and drug dealers and fraudsters?
they are celebrated.

You guys can continue to live in denial sha, about the failure of the NiggerArea state undecided
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Ugosample(m): 7:32am On Apr 14, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l wonder why people are angry about the travel alert from the US government, we can continue to leave in denials and fake patriotism to a failed state, not me, l agree with the US decision, Nigeria is a failed state after the order of Afghanistan, Yemen, Syria, South Sudan and Libya, so it is in the best interest of the US to protect her citizens from been killed in a failed state, the US value all her citizens unlike Nigeria case closed, next news grin

Angelicbobo no mind them

something that is very clear

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Ugosample(m): 7:46am On Apr 14, 2019
Originalsly:
It just amazes me how soooo many of us would proudly support whatever the US says about us. Trump said we are a 'shithole' country... we quickly adapted that description and proudly use it. Nigeria is no longer safe.... but a few years ago... when crime was worst ... and terrorism wayyyy worse... BH bombings everwhere..... BH controlled regions in the North... the same US saw it safe the..... safe enough to hold a world.conference. But now...its not safe.

@AngelicBeing

look at another one who lives in denial

Nigeria has become an unsafe and useless country

#Fact

whoever.says it is immaterial here

it's clear for all to see

my last trip back to naija made me see so much hopelessness that I have not seen in NiggerArea in all the decades of existence on earth

A use less president killing his country and foolish citizens cheering him up for ethno religious reasons

una go suffer and die well well for una foolishness

anu ofia di ka ndi NiggerArea
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by AngelicBeing: 7:59am On Apr 14, 2019
Ugosample:

@AngelicBeing

look at another one who lives in denial

Nigeria has become an unsafe and useless country

#Fact

whoever.says it is immaterial here

it's clear for all to see

my last trip back to naija made me see so much hopelessness that I have not seen in NiggerArea in all the decades of existence on earth

A use less president killing his country and foolish citizens cheering him up for ethno religious reasons

una go suffer and die well well for una foolishness

anu ofia di ka ndi NiggerArea
Lol, the guy you quoted lives in the US, he fled Nigeria since, he also opened a thread about his sojourn in the US, let him go back to Nigeria and live in Borno state and l will take his post seriously, you are in paradise and telling people to go and live in hell, mba grin
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Ugosample(m): 8:03am On Apr 14, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, the guy you quoted lives in the US, he fled Nigeria since, he also opened a thread about his sojourn in the US, let him go back to Nigeria and live in Borno state and l will take his post seriously, you are in paradise and telling people to go and live in hell, mba grin
tongue

come and see how Nigerians are even flooding Dakar here...

Tho they are not as many as you will see in say CIV

their numbers are increasing nonetheless

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 10:15am On Apr 14, 2019
ifymadu:

Did you see the story of the 4 year old who shot his little sister to death? Only in America. I've heard many cases of accidental deaths like that. We don't have that in Nigeria. Another one accidentally shot himself to death not long ago. When you combine all of these and the mass shootings, police shootings, gang wars, domestic shootings, you will realize this paradise is a dangerous place to be.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Ugosample(m): 10:43am On Apr 14, 2019
Guestlander:

Did you see the story of the 4 year old who shot his little sister to death? Only in America. I've heard many cases of accidental deaths like that. We don't have that in Nigeria. Another one accidentally shot himself to death not long ago. When you combine all of these and the mass shootings, police shootings, gang wars, domestic shootings, you will realize this paradise is a dangerous place to be.

do you know the number of Nigerians killed everyday up in your failed zoo?
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2019
Ugosample:

do you know the number of Nigerians killed everyday up in your failed zoo?

Your zoo.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
AngelicBeing:

The fact that he lives in the US gives him a better insight, it is those that have not traveled that have not traveled that don't have better insight.

Some of the most shocking crimes in the world are committed in the US.
There are a lot of quiet neighborhoods in the US but for some others, your chance of being a victim of violent crime can be as high as 1 in 50.

Just walking down the street after watching basketball in the Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland Ohio, a lady alerted us, if you take that path, you will get raped.

There is unrest in the Northeast and every reasonable person avoids that zone, but compare that with going to Walmart and a crazy driver runs across the crosswalks, killing everyone along it's path, or your child is being seduced by your neighbor, the target for children by pedophiles is really alarming. It has left many emotional scars.

There are more law enforcement officers in New York, New Jersey, Texas, California, Georgia and Florida combined than in Nigeria but the officers are still overwhelmed, and so there are still calls for more officers.

Nigeria cherish the US for it's economic potentials but that doesn't make it safer in other aspects, many live in fear. Pray it doesn't cross your path.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best Picture-perfect Places To Visit In Nigeria. / Opay, Max.ng May Go As Lagos Decides On Okada, Tricycle Operation / My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.