Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,219 members, 7,836,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (36503 Views)

2023: Reconsider Your Need To Travel To Nigeria - Australia, UK Warn Citizens / Insecurity In Nigeria: Canada Warns Citizens To Avoid Non-Essential Travel / Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Musisco01(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2019
MxreR:
Buhari has destroyed Nigeria kpata kpata.. cheesy

Do you know that you are a fool?

2 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

When I say you, I didn't mean Babzo in particular.

Let's not go into my living costs.

I apologize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by BrainSanitizer: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2019
pchukwudi:
Any data to support this your blatant lie about the US?

Let me add that just 2 days ago, April 11, there were three different incidents in the USA. That's in one day. 6 people were killed while 9 others were injured.
The shooting occurred in California, Arizona and Maryland.
A simple Google search will tell you that these states are in three different zones of the USA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:30am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Cultists killing in Rivers and Badoo in Lagos is not communal.

And I say it happens even more frequently in the States.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2019
Musisco01:

Do you know that you are a fool?

My brother, the guy is not a fool.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:31am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

I apologize.

No worries.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by BrainSanitizer: 11:34am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

And have these killers been jailed or killed or are they still roaming the streets.

Then give me the name OF ANY MASS KILLER or KIDNAPPER in Nigeria who has EVER been convicted or executed.
That's is why you have to read a post properly before commenting. Did you read the part where I said our government lacks the will power to tackle the menace? I'm not in support of the government's attitude toward mass killings in Nigeria, but that doesn't mean that the western countries should portray us as if we are the worst when it comes to killings and other crimes. That's my argument.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Orpe7(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2019
Atiku game plan
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

How many years before Ted Bundy was finally jailed?

Has Maddy been found?

EVERY crime is investigated in America. Just this Monday, a man who raped killed 2 girls years ago was arrested. He is 80 years old.

The robbers that robbed our Ikeja home in 1996 have yet to be arrested. In fact there was never an investigation.

The people that killed the Attorney General of Nigeria are still walking free.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:34am On Apr 13, 2019
In as much as I know that Nigeria is not working... They should not be rubbing it on our face... Wetin dey do dis oyibo people sef?
America didn't just suddenly become a working state. Dey passed through some difficult stage..like slavery and racial discrimination.

Dey should calm down jooor. I don't like what I hate.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by pchukwudi: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2019
Now can you tell me how many gun killings that occurred in Nigeria yesterday?

When was the last time you saw a news report about armed robbery in Nigeria? Does it now mean that there are no more armed robbers in the country? No it means that killings has become so rampart that the deaths of one or two persons are no longer seen as tragedy in Nigeria. Yet you want to compare it to the US where EVERY SINGLE GUN VIOLENCE S PROMPTLY REPORTED.

Keep fooling yourself.

BrainSanitizer:

Let me add that just 2 days ago, April 11, there were three different incidents in the USA. That's in one day. 6 people were killed while 9 others were injured.
A simple Google search will tell you that these states are in three different zones of the USA.

3 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:35am On Apr 13, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

That's is why you have to read a post properly before commenting. Did you read the part where I said our government lacks the will power to tackle the menace? I'm not in support of the government's attitude toward mass killings in Nigeria, but that doesn't mean that the western countries should portray us as if we are the worst when it comes to killings and other crimes. That's my argument.

I like your points.

Lets all just join together and deal with Buhari, Saraki, Atiku, Okorocha and the rest. Lets invite Rawlings to help us.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:36am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

EVERY crime is investigated in America. Just this Monday, a man who raped killed 2 girls years ago was arrested. He is 80 years old.

The robbers that robbed our Ikeja home in 1996 have yet to be arrested. In fact there was never an investigation.

The people that killed the Attorney General of Nigeria are still walking free.

Like JFK?

Tupac and Biggie maybe?

Please don't say Lee Harvey Oswald.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Like JFK?

Please don't say Lee Harvey Oswald.

Then who? The FBI will appreciate any information you may have. If not, the case was throughly investigated even with a Congressional Committee and was closed.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 13, 2019
smatt1711:
We are doomed!!

You are doomed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Mizwisdom(f): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2019
smatt1711:
We are doomed!!

I thought you are smart but you've displayed the opposite by your rubbish post

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:39am On Apr 13, 2019
My people im tired of arguing. Lets just invite JJ Rawlings to come and help us get rid of PDP and APC.

Even Nairaland FP is filled with dozens of killings, rape, kidnapping , injustice EVERY DAY and NO ONE is ever CONVICTED.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:40am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Then who? The FBI will appreciate any information you may have. If not, the case was throughly investigated even with a Congressional Committee and was closed.

Giving closure doesn't always mean finding justice.

I see you've side-stepped Biggie and Tupac.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by pchukwudi: 11:41am On Apr 13, 2019
1) Besides the anti gun rights propaganda, the US death by gun violence rate is 11 per 100,000 people. Can you say the same about Nigeria? Nope, because those deaths are not reported. You have zero/distorted data. So go get your data sorted out first before you start arguing against the US.

2) The US is one of the wealthy countries where suicide by gun is higher than homicidal killings by gun. That fact does not fit your narrative.

BrainSanitizer:

I don't usually respond to mentions by people who are too lazy to follow the news, or people who are still analogue in a digital world.
However, for the sake of my good mood let me educate you a little.
As at March 19, 2019, the number of mass shootings in the USA stood at 61. Hey! That's for 2019 only.
In 2018, there were 340 mass shootings in the US, a slight reduction in the 346 recorded in 2017.
That's an average of over 28 shooting per month in 2018... I'm sure you know that's a massacre of people almost every other day!
You can visit the gun violence archive for more information.

2 Likes

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by ItzBIM(m): 11:41am On Apr 13, 2019
Guestlander:

It gives you a better insight because of access to more information, what you do with such information is what I don't understand. How can anyone say he is more safe in US than Nigeria!
Depending on where you live in the States you are even more likely to be shot than in Nigeria.

And when u get shot ..is there justice after ??
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Giving closure doesn't always mean finding justice.

I see you've side-stepped Biggie and Tupac.

Gang killings....when friends relatives of victims who are eye witnesses refuse to "snitch " what will police do.

Theres this very muscular rapper whose side kick was killed, he knew the killers ,yet refused to tell the police.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nasir123(m): 11:45am On Apr 13, 2019
NotComplaining:
Nigeria is not dangerous, the people are.

Nigerians blame SARS, but forget that SARS are a product of their misadventures in Nigeria and other countries.

A 60 yr old man will be blaming Politicians for his poverty, yet is sexually harrassing 10 yr old girls and boys.

Parents complain of sexual violence, yet promote the likes of Toto Dikeh in their homes, exposing them to the desensitized film industry where coerced advances and innuendos are normal.

The world is watching how our only indigenous commodity is fraud, blaming colonialism as if India and China were not once colonies.

Decrepit ageist politicians blaming the youth yet their children are neatly tucked away far from the woes of 70% of the population.

Youths blame politicians for robbing the people blind but will gladly offer services to a friend who is robbing widows and orphans in foreign lands citing slavery as his excause. Abeg, when were his parents ever enslaved? Dont remember slaves ever being repatriated to Nigeria... Yet we have the likes of Operah who never blames slavery for her failures.

Everyone in this country feel he or she is more entitled to the riches of the earth than the next person. Its reached boiling point and only now the world is reacting.

Nigerians will cause untold suffering to the citizens of the world if left unchecked! We are rapacious, immoral and blood thirsty.

U just summed up everything about Nigeria in a jiffy.
No wahala!

But we must do everything within our reach to change this tide else we'r all in for it.

People should be enlighten. Especially these days DNY "Depressed Nigerian Youths".

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Guestlander: 11:46am On Apr 13, 2019
ItzBIM:

And when u get shot ..is there justice after ??

My brother, don't get shot. Even in the US there are many unsolved cases. You can even become a millionaire if you can help in finding some of these perpetrators because there are financial rewards. But don't get shot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Gang killings....when friends relatives of victims who are eye witnesses refuse to "snitch " what will police do.

Theres this very muscular rapper whose side kick was killed, he knew the killers ,yet refused to tell the police.

Same same.

People die.

No conviction.

Granted they are far more efficient than we are.

What we are measuring right now is violent crime occurrences.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Larryndelaw: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2019
The crime in America is more than the whole of Africa on daily Basis. There is no day in America someone is not shot and killed in a county in America. When children goes to school, parents don't have rest of mind.
There is no kidnapping, rape in the SW, SE, SS. of Nigeria. America is talking rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by rawe45: 11:49am On Apr 13, 2019
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by annford: 11:50am On Apr 13, 2019
One would think the US is a very safe Haven until you watch CBS Reality, Foxlife and some other documentaries on US. Even having a chat with some people living in the US would make you realise these guys hide a lit of their bad sides and make Africa and the Middle East look like the unsafe places to be on Earth. I always wonder to what end their deceit is. Nigeria may have a lot of issues but I have yet to see a country that hasn't issues it is battling. I'm glad that we don't have some random guys opening fire on students every now and then as is always recorded in the US. It is time the US told the World who they really are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Albinoflash(m): 11:51am On Apr 13, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

communal clash don cover that one na.fulani herdsmen,boko harams,kidnappers,armed robbers,this country is dangerous even for rats
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by babzo(m): 11:51am On Apr 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Same same.

People die.

No conviction.

Granted they are far more efficient than we are.

What we are measuring right now is violent crime occurrences.

Not same same....Convictions deter crime bro and reduce it. A society without consequences is extremely dangerous.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:52am On Apr 13, 2019
babzo:

Not same same....Convictions deter crime bro and reduce it. A society without consequences is extremely dangerous.

Not sure that's what the US circular is referring to.
Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2019
[quote author=NotComplaining post=77502931]Nigeria is not dangerous, the people are.

Nigerians blame SARS, but forget that SARS are a product of their misadventures in Nigeria and other countries.

A 60 yr old man will be blaming Politicians for his poverty, yet is sexually harrassing 10 yr old girls and boys.

Parents complain of sexual violence, yet promote the likes of Toto Dikeh in their homes, exposing them to the desensitized film industry where coerced advances and innuendos are normal.

The world is watching how our only indigenous commodity is fraud, blaming colonialism as if India and China were not once colonies.

Decrepit ageist politicians blaming the youth yet their children are neatly tucked away far from the woes of 70% of the population.
Are you a mind reader? You spoke my mind completely. Didnt know people still think this way in Nigeria these days

1 Like

Re: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens by GavelSlam: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2019
annford:
One would think the US is a very safe Haven until you watch CBS Reality, Foxlife and some other documentaries on US. Even having a chat with some people living in the US would make you realise these guys hide a lit of their bad sides and make Africa and the Middle East look like the unsafe places to be on Earth. I always wonder to what end their deceit is. Nigeria may have a lot of issues but I have yet to see a country that hasn't issues it is battling. I'm glad that we don't have some random guys opening fire on students every now and then as is always recorded in the US. It is time the US told the World who they really are.

Let's not even talk about Brazil.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best Picture-perfect Places To Visit In Nigeria. / Opay, Max.ng May Go As Lagos Decides On Okada, Tricycle Operation / My First Trip To Obangogo Mountain In Kabba, Kogi State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.