Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,780 members, 7,813,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp (59411 Views)

How To Know Who Blocked You On Whatsapp / How To Message Someone Who Has Blocked You On Whatsapp / WHATSAPP TRICK: How To Unblock Yourself If Someone Blocked You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by postbox: 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging apps in the world today and many people have come to depend on it for both personal and business interactions. But some people can also be a nuisance, so we are grateful for the blocking option on the app. In case you have been chatting with someone and your messages just suddenly stopped delivering, you may have been blocked.

Here are ways to find out:

Single tick

Typically, when a message has successfully been delivered to the recipient on WhatsApp, the “ticks” are an indication of your message deliverable status. If you sent a message to a contact and the text stays on just a single tick for a very long time, this means your message has been sent but not delivered to the recipient. And if someone blocks you, your messages will never be delivered to the person. If your message remains on “Message sent” (with a single tick) for a long time, this is the very first (and most obvious) indication that you might have been blocked.

The group test

If after trying all the methods above and you are unsure of being blocked or not, you should carry out the group test. This is the ultimate confirmation. Create a group and try adding the “suspected” contact with the group. If the contact was successfully added to the group, then the user didn’t block you. If, on the other hand, WhatsApp display a “You are not authorized to add this contact” error message when you add the contact to the group, then surely, the person has blocked you.

Static profile

If someone blocks you on WhatsApp, the person’s profile will no longer be updated. This means you see their new profile pictures whenever they upload one. Instead, you’ll keep seeing the old one. There are times when the person’s profile picture disappears and all you’ll be shown is the regular WhatsApp display avatar whenever you try to view the person’s picture. However, this method should not be solely used to determine if you’ve been blocked or not.

Hidden timestamp

If the user’s timestamp no longer appears in the chat window, it could also be an indication that you have been blocked. This method is, however, not an effective confirmation as the user might just have changed his/her “Last Seen” settings in the Account Privacy menu.

Call attempt

Another test to carry out to confirm if you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp is the “Call Test”. Try calling the person either via Voice or Video call, if the call rings, then you have not been blocked. If, on the other hand, all attempts to call the person doesn’t go through (read: ring), it could mean two things: the user has no internet connection or you have been blocked.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/04/13/how-to-know-when-someone-has-blocked-you-on-whatsapp/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by sholikay(m): 2:53pm On Apr 13, 2019
if you block me ,i go move on.. who get time for nansense.. sad nice one anyway..

373 Likes 22 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Skyfornia(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
Why should I bother myself checking who blocked me when the person is not sharing money or phones like Chioma boyfriend?

258 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by thesicilian: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
sholikay:
if you block me ,i go move on.. who get time for nansense.. sad nice one anyway..
I tire.
I may not even notice for more than a year if someone blocks me on Whatsapp.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by gassbee: 4:54pm On Apr 13, 2019
If Mr A does not have your number in his contacts but u have the number of Mr A on you contact, if Mr A uploads an item on his watsap status n u go n view Mr A watsap status, wil Mr A be aware that you have viewed his watsap status taking into consideration that Mr A does not have ur number in his contact

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by murphyrichy(m): 6:22pm On Apr 13, 2019
This is useful information that should make FP, not daddy freeze said this or that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2019
gassbee:
If Mr A does not have your number in his contacts but u have the number of Mr A on you contact, if Mr A uploads an item on his watsap status n u go n view Mr A watsap status, wil Mr A be aware that you have viewed his watsap status taking into consideration that Mr A does not have ur number in his contact
Dude, you can't see his status in the first place.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Jayboi(m): 7:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
gassbee:
u can't even see his status in the first place. for u to see a status update that means both of u av ur contacts.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by KingAzubuike(f): 8:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
gassbee:
You can't even see his status update if he doesn't have your number.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by EbukaHades10(m): 12:37am On Apr 14, 2019
Block ko cement ni.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by newmanadrian(m): 4:58am On Apr 14, 2019
How can I force my way back into a group that I was removed from.

6 Likes

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by bravesoul247(m): 5:26am On Apr 14, 2019
sholikay:
lol abi. I dint have time for those tat don't have my time
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by bravesoul247(m): 5:27am On Apr 14, 2019
Jayboi:

u can't even see his status in the first place. for u to see a status update that means both of u av ur contacts.
WOW, just knowing this for the first time

2 Likes

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by bravesoul247(m): 5:27am On Apr 14, 2019
Skyfornia:
Why should I bother myself checking who blocked me when the person is not sharing money or phones like Chioma boyfriend?
lol.
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Nobody: 5:28am On Apr 14, 2019
murphyrichy:
This is useful information that should make FP, not daddy freeze said this or that.
lol

4 Likes

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by freemanbubble: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2019
Isoright
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by airminem(f): 9:52am On Apr 14, 2019
I want to be a police killer

1 Like

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by BruncleZuma: 9:53am On Apr 14, 2019
grin grin grin grin

All these 'if you block me ina ruwa na' people never get who dey owe dem money still dey form Sinzu before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by agarawu23(m): 9:54am On Apr 14, 2019
The sky is wide enough. I hardly attend to some messages if not business related ones Talkless of looking for those that blocked me grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by nurez305(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2019
It is rude for someone to block other person on whatsspp
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Auxtin85(m): 9:56am On Apr 14, 2019
Nor be he/she get their WhatsApp?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by ABSTRUSE: 9:56am On Apr 14, 2019
You try

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Hier(m): 9:57am On Apr 14, 2019
What I know is, if the persons profile picture was formerly visible they become invisible. i.e. you cant see them.

Whatsapp that people would read my message and the indicator wont turn blue cry cry

Wait, who stole my offering cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Chinashopping84: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2019
who cares to know

2 Likes

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Passionate888: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by LOVEGINO(m): 9:58am On Apr 14, 2019
Who chat epp
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by quincyshakur(m): 9:58am On Apr 14, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy dis is wot u will see wen pple run out of ideal on wot to post....How is this trash relevant to dis 21st century

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by harley88(m): 9:58am On Apr 14, 2019
Why do I need to know if someone blocked me If I'm blocked by someone then most likely the person doesn't like my person or something so I move on. There are 190m people in Nigeria

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIMC Mobile App: You Can Verify Your NIN On The NIMC Mobile ID-App / Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / Checkout Best Phones Under 40,000 Naira In August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.