Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp (59465 Views)

How To Know Who Blocked You On Whatsapp / How To Message Someone Who Has Blocked You On Whatsapp / WHATSAPP TRICK: How To Unblock Yourself If Someone Blocked You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Deicide: 11:21am On Apr 14, 2019
The rule is never block anyone that adds you on whatsapp grin you can only block someone you added if they are misbehaving esp girls.
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Champneys: 11:23am On Apr 14, 2019
I dont have time to do this nonsense. If you block me, tough!
If I send you a message and it doesn't deliver, I move on!!
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Oceanblaze(m): 11:31am On Apr 14, 2019
Blocking na normal thing...no need to check if someone blocked u...time no dey
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by quincyshakur(m): 11:52am On Apr 14, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy That luk tho grin grin grin[quote author=idonhammer post=77527680][/quote]

1 Like

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by airsaylongcon: 11:54am On Apr 14, 2019
bjtinz:

Like seriously. I wonder when I see peeps going all hyper when they suspect they've been blocked, especially if na babe block them

Simply move on. No time for nansense

Have you ever tried to buy data or some other services from people here on NL? And you send them money via transfer? And they go on to block you on WhatsApp after that? You will know why some peeps go hyper
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Blastedholligan: 12:11pm On Apr 14, 2019
Who has time for that one? I never even follow everybody chat finish, na to check who blocked me con remain.

1 Like

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Blastedholligan: 12:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
PotatoSalad:
People using GB WhatsApp disable online notice, profile photo, second tick, blue tick and status view receipts.
Monitoring spirits.
You'll see someone with last seen since May 2018
I think normal WhatsApp should have this.
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Frezhkid10(m): 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
gassbee:
If Mr A does not have your number in his contacts but u have the number of Mr A on you contact, if Mr A uploads an item on his watsap status n u go n view Mr A watsap status, wil Mr A be aware that you have viewed his watsap status taking into consideration that Mr A does not have ur number in his contact
...nah not at all .. instead Mr B will show grin
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Hoodbilonia: 12:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
Block course kor
Block and cement factory ni
Nonsense
U block me
Who gifs a fuc
I no meet u as virgin
Bich
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

All these 'if you block me ina ruwa na' people never get who dey owe dem money still dey form Sinzu before.
lols, this guy self. grin E say e dey form Sinzu.
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by kernniejay(m): 12:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hier:
What I know is, if the persons profile picture was formerly visible they become invisible. i.e. you cant see them.

Whatsapp that people would read my message and the indicator wont turn blue cry cry

Wait, who stole my offering cheesy grin grin grin
satan grin
Hier:
What I know is, if the persons profile picture was formerly visible they become invisible. i.e. you cant see them.

Whatsapp that people would read my message and the indicator wont turn blue cry cry

Wait, who stole my offering cheesy grin grin grin
satan
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by PotatoSalad(m): 1:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
Blastedholligan:
I think normal WhatsApp should have this.

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by afroxyz: 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
in this 21st century, this is what a moderator decided to move to front page. Are we living in caves? this is what happens when you run it of ideas. Facebook, Instagram and the rest have upgraded. Nairaland is till using the same theme when I joined this forum over 10 years ago. yet as if that is not enough, they now insult our intelligence with useless posts. the next you would post is "how to know when your phone is not charging". Rubbish!!!
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by rezzy: 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
That was how someone I met on NL blocked me for no just cause. I tried calling her attention on whatsapp and the message didn't deliver. I didn't notice till I used my old phone with another number, there I saw her last seen and profile pix. I checked my main whatsapp and discovered she had truly blocked me.
After awhile she unblocked me but by then, I have moved on.
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Enemyofpeace: 1:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
Who cares?
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by FoxyBlueSKy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
Haha and my nigga just block me
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by johnchima007(m): 1:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
sholikay:
if you block me ,i go move on.. who get time for nansense.. sad nice one anyway..

Make the person wey dupe you block you, let me know if you will just move on..

1 Like

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by fapcrook(m): 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2019
nurez305:
It is rude for someone to block other person on whatsspp
It may not be rude if you block someone as some people are interested in sending broadcast messages not minding the time
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by pat077: 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
newmanadrian:
How can I force my way back into a group that I was removed from.
by kidnapping the group admin
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by nurez305(m): 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
fapcrook:
It may not be rude if you block someone as some people are interested in sending broadcast messages not minding the time
you are right anyway, those one deserve to be blocked permanently most expecially the one you don't chat with regularly
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Fantazy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2019
I don't even need 2 try all these sef if I send u message and it does nt deliver to u wetin concern me
thanks for d info. though
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by naijajobx: 3:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
Really
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by pacespot(m): 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
nice tips, that display of blank avatar is common. sometimes you check someone out and you see their profile pix, then moment later the profile pix disappear, with only the avatar on display. I think that is an indication of being blocked or someone who has left the messaging app.
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
Jayboi:

u can't even see his status in the first place. for u to see a status update that means both of u av ur contacts.
I totally disagree with this(from my practical experience)
If I have ur number and u dnt have mine, and we've chatted b4, we can both see our status, jst dat I will b seeing ur contact, while u will b seeing my number
NB: I'm using GBWhatsapp tho
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by chiefobdk(m): 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
postbox:
WhatsApp is one of the most used messaging apps in the world today and many people have come to depend on it for both personal and business interactions. But some people can also be a nuisance, so we are grateful for the blocking option on the app. In case you have been chatting with someone and your messages just suddenly stopped delivering, you may have been blocked.

Here are ways to find out:

Single tick

Typically, when a message has successfully been delivered to the recipient on WhatsApp, the “ticks” are an indication of your message deliverable status. If you sent a message to a contact and the text stays on just a single tick for a very long time, this means your message has been sent but not delivered to the recipient. And if someone blocks you, your messages will never be delivered to the person. If your message remains on “Message sent” (with a single tick) for a long time, this is the very first (and most obvious) indication that you might have been blocked.

The group test

If after trying all the methods above and you are unsure of being blocked or not, you should carry out the group test. This is the ultimate confirmation. Create a group and try adding the “suspected” contact with the group. If the contact was successfully added to the group, then the user didn’t block you. If, on the other hand, WhatsApp display a “You are not authorized to add this contact” error message when you add the contact to the group, then surely, the person has blocked you.

Static profile

If someone blocks you on WhatsApp, the person’s profile will no longer be updated. This means you see their new profile pictures whenever they upload one. Instead, you’ll keep seeing the old one. There are times when the person’s profile picture disappears and all you’ll be shown is the regular WhatsApp display avatar whenever you try to view the person’s picture. However, this method should not be solely used to determine if you’ve been blocked or not.

Hidden timestamp

If the user’s timestamp no longer appears in the chat window, it could also be an indication that you have been blocked. This method is, however, not an effective confirmation as the user might just have changed his/her “Last Seen” settings in the Account Privacy menu.

Call attempt

Another test to carry out to confirm if you’ve been blocked on WhatsApp is the “Call Test”. Try calling the person either via Voice or Video call, if the call rings, then you have not been blocked. If, on the other hand, all attempts to call the person doesn’t go through (read: ring), it could mean two things: the user has no internet connection or you have been blocked.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/04/13/how-to-know-when-someone-has-blocked-you-on-whatsapp/

All dis does not prove u re blocked me

Single thick can also me d person ve not been online..

I am using gb whatsapp
U can't add me to any group

Timestamp.. With gb whatsapp I can be online and u ll never kno. I can chose not to show my timestamp...

Static picture with gb whatsapp I can chose who to see my profile picture

Call attempt.. In my gb whatsapp I ve option to switch off whatsapp call...

I can make u think I'm online even when I don't ve data. People are using modded whatsapp. U can't catch dem on any side

Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by chiefobdk(m): 7:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
gassbee:
If Mr A does not have your number in his contacts but u have the number of Mr A on you contact, if Mr A uploads an item on his watsap status n u go n view Mr A watsap status, wil Mr A be aware that you have viewed his watsap status taking into consideration that Mr A does not have ur number in his contact

With gb whatsapp I can view any body's status anonymously, he won't even kno anyone viewed his status
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by chiefobdk(m): 7:43pm On Apr 14, 2019
Jayboi:

u can't even see his status in the first place. for u to see a status update that means both of u av ur contacts.

Wit gb whatsapp once I ve ur number. I see ur status whether u ve mine is inconsequential
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by chiefobdk(m): 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
PotatoSalad:
People using GB WhatsApp disable online notice, profile photo, second tick, blue tick and status view receipts.
Monitoring spirits.
You'll see someone with last seen since May 2018

Gb whatsapp go view person status d person no go kno...

If u want to confuse monitoring spirits and ur village people switch to gbwhatsapp
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Pat081: 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
I don't care maybe u block me or ice me life goes on for mi, anyway Liverpool fans happy for u today keep it up
Re: How To Know When Someone Has Blocked You On WhatsApp by Mitchellina123: 8:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
quincyshakur:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy dis is wot u will see wen pple run out of ideal on wot to post....How is this trash relevant to dis 21st century
Assin eh, who cares about it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Real Reasons FG Is Replacing BVN, Others With NIN / Checkout Best Phones Under 40,000 Naira In August 2017 / NIMC Mobile App: You Can Verify Your NIN On The NIMC Mobile ID-App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.