Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 PM

If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man (4078 Views)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens / Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by 247naijamedia: 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2019
A US based Nigerian Man, Identified As Emma Madu has given the reason why he left the country many years ago when the opportunity came for him to leave.

After running around looking for gas to power our factory generator in Onitsha, I did not even think twice when I got the chance to go to America. It is still the best decision of my life.

I got a job, went back to school while working. Became a U S citizen, brought my brother to America, and built a house in Nigeria. Then went back to Nigeria to get married. Brought my wife to America and got her a greencard. Now with 3 kids and 15 years in America last month, I can tell you sincerely, if you get the chance to move, move.

I was a nobody in Nigeria then, but today, my membership card of Knight Of Columbus is enough to get me inside the Vatican without a ticket. Just my ID. I cannot count how many times I have seen Nigerians being searched like criminals in many airports while I simply stroll by with the shout of “welcome Sir” from the same airport officials just because of my US passport. And then you almost bust into tears knowing that the only difference between you and those your brothers is the passport.

The same people you were chatting with inside the plane until it is time to show our passports. Then you get a welcome sir while your brothers get a path down.

So if you are doing well in Nigeria fine, but if you have the chance to move, move.

https://all-gists..com/2019/04/If-You-Have-The-Opportunity-Leave-Nigeria-US-Based-Nigerian-Man.html?m=1

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by SageMK: 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
Nobody is going anywhere.

We'll fix this country or die trying.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by 247naijamedia: 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
SageMK:

Guy: Naa You Die Trying.

If I have the opportunity...

Jaapaa

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by hisexcellency34: 3:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
Like he said, no need to relocate if you are doing fine here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by megacity: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2019
SageMK:

I wish u best of luck

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by IamD18: 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2019
Looks more like someone suffering in Zamfara state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 13, 2019
Good one but for me, I'm not going anywhere. I've travelled to the same America many times and in September 2004 for the very first time in my life and on a virgin passport. I was barely a year on the job after my nysc that time. I was on my very first annual leave after confirmation of my appointment. I wasn't well paid that time but I could say I was comfortable compared to what my peers were earning. I saw America and I was like...this is a new world grin. Maybe the guy and I travelled the same month or year as he celebrated his 15th year in yankee a few months ago. I came back after spending 2 weeks and people were calling me names. They said I had been charmed , bla,bla,bla. Meanwhile, I had foreseen the huge opportunities here in Nigeria. A few years later, I became independent, doing my business. My 3 kids attend one of the best schools in the country. The same country and airports he claims they maltreat Nigerians, I earn respect, each time I visit as a Nigerian. They still say yes sir to me. The only difference between me and US citizens at the airport is passport control and that I'm subjected to that doesn't make me lose my respect...I still earn it. Where I have visited in America, I doubt if that guy has stepped into half of it because once you're in there, you hardly have time to move around except you're a celebrity. There's no time cos work would take almost all your productive hours, except when you're 2 days off. I've visited almost 35 states in America, mostly on business. I travel both by road and air. Road via greyhound and by air via my preferred airline,called spirit. I can enter yankee anytime I choose and once my Visa is expired, I drop box. I don't have to appear in person. Back home, I dine and wine with leaders that matter. The book of proverb 18:16 says a man's gift makes a way for him and brings him before kings. I can say that description matched my life as a Nigerian. I've met with the president of America on one occasion in same hall where he came to address us. There's a reason why God created us here. We should rather ask Him to help us unleash our potentials , that's all. Amazingly with their green paali, each time I visit, I'm still the one dashing most of them and children money. If you feel leaving is your best option, think twice . You may go there and bring back home opportunities. I've also built houses, not a house...in exotic estates in Lagos. Leaving the country isn't the best option at times. What you go to look for in sokoto, is right inside your sokoto. Only ask God to make a way for you.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by jtjohn(m): 3:12pm On Apr 13, 2019
Look at the way our leaders has messed up this country to the point that every youth want to relocate to a better country, our leaders are just too greedy with unsatisfiable want, Our leaders lack vision, I wish political office can be less attractive....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by okosodo: 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
Very true. With buhari in power for the next 4 years, even allah can not save nigeria again

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by oglalasioux(m): 3:16pm On Apr 13, 2019
Very good advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by 247naijamedia: 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
jtjohn:
Look at the way our leaders has messed up this country to the point that every youth want to relocate to a better country, our leaders are just too greedy with unsatisfiable want, Our leaders lack vision, I wish political office can be less attractive....

grin grin grin
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 13, 2019
IamD18:
Looks more like someone suffering in Zamfara state.

A Biafran suffering looks 10x better than an Afonja enjoying. Wicked hungry things

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by etrange: 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:
Good one but for me, I'm not going anywhere. I travelled to the same America in September 2004 for the very first time in my life and on a virgin passport. I was barely a year only on the job after my nysc. I was on my very first annual leave after I was my employer confirmed my appointment. I wasn't well paid that time but I could say I was comfortable compared to what my peers were earning. I saw America and I was like...this is a new world grin. Maybe the guy and I travelled the same month or year as he celebrated his 15th year in yankee. I came back after my leave

I don't understand. I was reading your message waiting to get to the part where you'd now relate your unsolicited story to the OP but no, you just wanted to shout you've been to America. I'm sure a lot of people here have been to America, bro. It'd have been better if you had added how your American experience fueled your decision not to relocate so others would learn from it.

Cool?

13 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2019
etrange:

I don't understand. I was reading your message waiting to get to the part where you'd now relate your unsolicited story to the OP but no, you just wanted to shout you've been to America. I'm sure a lot of people here have been to America, bro. It'd have been better if you had added how your American experience fueled your decision not to relocate so others would learn from it.

Cool?
cool. I was actually still typing. As you could see, I have edited some of the typos in the first post. Thanks

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by etrange: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:
cool. I was actually still typing. As you could see, I have edited some of the typos in the first post. Thanks

Oh... Ok then.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by akinblog: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
For sure.....
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by etrange: 3:49pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:
Good one but for me, I'm not going anywhere. I travelled to the same America many times and in September 2004 for the very first time in my life and on a virgin passport. I was barely a year on the job after my nysc that time. I was on my very first annual leave after confirmation of my appointment. I wasn't well paid that time but I could say I was comfortable compared to what my peers were earning. I saw America and I was like...this is a new world grin. Maybe the guy and I travelled the same month or year as he celebrated his 15th year in yankee. I came back after spending 2 weeks and people were calling me names. They said I had been charmed , bla,bla,bla. Meanwhile, I had foreseen the huge opportunities here in Nigeria. A few years later, I became independent, doing my business.....

Ok, I get it. America didn't work out for you. You didn't/don't pass through what the young man described. You had a good job even before leaving so it's not as if live was that bad for you here. And gladly, you took the right decision for yourself. Now you can enter where the OP can't enter.

It's all good. But then the OP never really insinuated he's entering places celebrities alone enter. He only attempted to point out the difference between his life back home and his life now abroad. Apparently, things weren't working out for him before he left like it was in your case. So the call was not for your class but for folks like him who he believes would do better out there. I believe he wrote this as a man who wants others to enjoy what he enjoys and that's honourable.

It's not a hidden thing that they have better economies out there. It's also not hidden that some people make it here. But that shouldn't undermine the zeal of those eager to leave for genuinely better lives. Besides, there is no telling if you would have even made it bigger if you had remained there in America. Let people go and see for themselves especially the ones with age on their sides. There's no better time.

Peace!

29 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 13, 2019
etrange:

Ok, I get it. America didn't work out for you. You didn't/don't pass through what the young man described. You had a good job even before leaving so it's not as if live was that bad for you here. And gladly, you took the right decision for yourself. Now you can enter where the OP can't enter.

It's all good. But then the OP never really insinuated he's entering places celebrities alone enter. He only attempted to point out the difference between his life back home and his life now abroad. Apparently, things weren't working out for him before he left like it was in your case. So the call was not for your class but for folks like him who he believes would do better out there. I believe he wrote this as a man who wants others to enjoy what he enjoys and that's honourable.

It's not a hidden thing that they have better economies out there. It's also not hidden that some people make it here. But that shouldn't undermine the zeal of those eager to leave for genuinely better lives. Besides, there is no telling if you would have even made it bigger if you had remained there in America. Let people go and see for themselves especially the ones with age on their sides. There's no better time.

Peace!
Yea. There's no gainsaying the fact that there are opportunities out there. My story was just to also encourage our youths who are still here, to shine their eyes and tap into the opportunities at their disposal. Life isn't a bed of roses there as many may have thought , not even anywhere but there's always a home advantage if you're thriving here. If leaving Nigeria is seen as the best option to the present situation they are in, it's ok.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by olioxx(m): 4:15pm On Apr 13, 2019
SageMK:

You mus be very stupid.
As for Me, Myself and I, once the LEGAL opportuinity shows up... Am outta this bleeped up country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Beautyaddy: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2019
Like the saying will always stand that " One man's meat is another man's Poison".

Not everyone will be destined to be successful living in Nigeria the same way not everyone will be successful living abroad.

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by 247naijamedia: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2019
olioxx:

You mus be very stupid.
As for Me, Myself and I, once the LEGAL opportuinity shows up... Am outta this bleeped up country.

Is it up to that

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by balosammy(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:
Good one but for me, I'm not going anywhere. I travelled to the same America many times and in September 2004 for the very first time in my life and on a virgin passport. I was barely a year on the job after my nysc that time. I was on my very first annual leave after confirmation of my appointment. I wasn't well paid that time but I could say I was comfortable compared to what my peers were earning. I saw America and I was like...this is a new world grin. Maybe the guy and I travelled the same month or year as he celebrated his 15th year in yankee a few months ago. I came back after spending 2 weeks and people were calling me names. They said I had been charmed , bla,bla,bla. Meanwhile, I had foreseen the huge opportunities here in Nigeria. A few years later, I became independent, doing my business. My 3 kids attend one of the best schools in the country. The same country and airports he claims they maltreat Nigerians, I earn respect, each time I visit as a Nigerian. They still say yes sir to me. The only difference between me and US citizens at the airport is passport control and that I'm subjected to that doesn't make me lose my respect...I still earn it. Where I have visited in America, I doubt if that guy has stepped into half of it because once you're in there, you hardly have time to move around except you're a celebrity. There's no time cos work would take almost all your productive hours, except when you're 2 days off. I've visited almost 35 states in America, mostly on business. I travel both by road and air. Road via greyhound and by air via my preferred airline,called spirit. I can enter yankee anytime I choose and once my Visa is expired, I drop box. I don't have to appear in person. Back home, I dine and wine with leaders that matter. The book of proverb 18:16 says a man's gift makes a way for him and brings him before kings. I can say that description matched my life as a Nigerian. I've met with the president of America on one occasion in same hall where he came to address us. There's a reason why God created us here. We should rather ask Him to help us unleash our potentials , that's all. Amazingly with their green paali, each time I visit, I'm still the one dashing most of them and children money. If you feel leaving is your best option, think twice . You may go there and bring back home opportunities. I've also built houses, not a house...in exotic estates in Lagos. Leaving the country isn't the best option at times. What you go to look for in sokoto, is right inside your sokoto. Only ask God to make a way for you.

I hail u sir
more blessing
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by olioxx(m): 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
247naijamedia:

Is it up to that
. . Am seriously tired and fustrated with this country. Olohun. . . Pls if you have any 8.6mil you are not using again, pls dash me.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by 247naijamedia: 4:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
olioxx:

Am seriously tired and fustrated with this country. Olohun.
Pls if you have any 8.6mil you are not using again, pls dash me.

If you have 20mill you are not using. Borrow me
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by olioxx(m): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
247naijamedia:

If you have 20mill you are not using. Borrow me
. . Bros you wicked oo!!. Me wey still dey find money to save,
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by thunderfirebubu: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:
Good one but for me, I'm not going anywhere. I travelled to the same America many times and in September 2004 for the very first time in my life and on a virgin passport. I was barely a year on the job after my nysc that time. I was on my very first annual leave after confirmation of my appointment. I wasn't well paid that time but I could say I was comfortable compared to what my peers were earning. I saw America and I was like...this is a new world grin. Maybe the guy and I travelled the same month or year as he celebrated his 15th year in yankee a few months ago. I came back after spending 2 weeks and people were calling me names. They said I had been charmed , bla,bla,bla. Meanwhile, I had foreseen the huge opportunities here in Nigeria. A few years later, I became independent, doing my business. My 3 kids attend one of the best schools in the country. The same country and airports he claims they maltreat Nigerians, I earn respect, each time I visit as a Nigerian. They still say yes sir to me. The only difference between me and US citizens at the airport is passport control and that I'm subjected to that doesn't make me lose my respect...I still earn it. Where I have visited in America, I doubt if that guy has stepped into half of it because once you're in there, you hardly have time to move around except you're a celebrity. There's no time cos work would take almost all your productive hours, except when you're 2 days off. I've visited almost 35 states in America, mostly on business. I travel both by road and air. Road via greyhound and by air via my preferred airline,called spirit. I can enter yankee anytime I choose and once my Visa is expired, I drop box. I don't have to appear in person. Back home, I dine and wine with leaders that matter. The book of proverb 18:16 says a man's gift makes a way for him and brings him before kings. I can say that description matched my life as a Nigerian. I've met with the president of America on one occasion in same hall where he came to address us. There's a reason why God created us here. We should rather ask Him to help us unleash our potentials , that's all. Amazingly with their green paali, each time I visit, I'm still the one dashing most of them and children money. If you feel leaving is your best option, think twice . You may go there and bring back home opportunities. I've also built houses, not a house...in exotic estates in Lagos. Leaving the country isn't the best option at times. What you go to look for in sokoto, is right inside your sokoto. Only ask God to make a way for you.
sir am in need of a good job, I'll be grateful if you can help me with that. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by AngelicBeing: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by akinblog: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by chinalee: 7:31pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:
if you don't mind can you introduce me a nice business here in Nigeria

(1) (2) (Reply)

Out Of South Africa. / Rate Airline In Nigeria / Question On Nigerian Gun Laws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.