Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man (4085 Views)

Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / Iran: Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens / Reconsider Travelling To Nigeria, US Warns Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by dasrackhor(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
fairfora:
Good one but for me, I'm not going anywhere. I travelled to the same America many times and in September 2004 for the very first time in my life and on a virgin passport. I was barely a year on the job after my nysc that time. I was on my very first annual leave after confirmation of my appointment. I wasn't well paid that time but I could say I was comfortable compared to what my peers were earning. I saw America and I was like...this is a new world grin. Maybe the guy and I travelled the same month or year as he celebrated his 15th year in yankee a few months ago. I came back after spending 2 weeks and people were calling me names. They said I had been charmed , bla,bla,bla. Meanwhile, I had foreseen the huge opportunities here in Nigeria. A few years later, I became independent, doing my business. My 3 kids attend one of the best schools in the country. The same country and airports he claims they maltreat Nigerians, I earn respect, each time I visit as a Nigerian. They still say yes sir to me. The only difference between me and US citizens at the airport is passport control and that I'm subjected to that doesn't make me lose my respect...I still earn it. Where I have visited in America, I doubt if that guy has stepped into half of it because once you're in there, you hardly have time to move around except you're a celebrity. There's no time cos work would take almost all your productive hours, except when you're 2 days off. I've visited almost 35 states in America, mostly on business. I travel both by road and air. Road via greyhound and by air via my preferred airline,called spirit. I can enter yankee anytime I choose and once my Visa is expired, I drop box. I don't have to appear in person. Back home, I dine and wine with leaders that matter. The book of proverb 18:16 says a man's gift makes a way for him and brings him before kings. I can say that description matched my life as a Nigerian. I've met with the president of America on one occasion in same hall where he came to address us. There's a reason why God created us here. We should rather ask Him to help us unleash our potentials , that's all. Amazingly with their green paali, each time I visit, I'm still the one dashing most of them and children money. If you feel leaving is your best option, think twice . You may go there and bring back home opportunities. I've also built houses, not a house...in exotic estates in Lagos. Leaving the country isn't the best option at times. What you go to look for in sokoto, is right inside your sokoto. Only ask God to make a way for you.
Good for you.. But hope u do know many are living with practically below a dollar a day?. IT has not been easy been a Nigerian at all. May God help us
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 12:14am On Apr 14, 2019
dasrackhor:
Good for you.. But hope u do know many are living with practically below a dollar a day?. IT has not been easy been a Nigerian at all. May God help us
Amen
God will make a way bro. Please dont lose hope. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either. My parents are peasant farmers. Many times my siblings and I had slept on empty stomach. Have you ever bought Eba as takeaway and asked the seller to please put enough soup, then take it home, now make your own eba and add a little water to the soup so it would be enough and add some ingredients with it? We would now combine the eba I bought at the canteen with that made by self at home. That's what myself and siblings would eat. God can truly raise anyone.

4 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by lordally(m): 2:07am On Apr 14, 2019
fairfora:
Amen
God will make a way bro. Please dont lose hope. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either. My parents are peasant farmers. Many times my siblings and I had slept on empty stomach. Have you ever bought Eba as takeaway and asked the seller to please put enough soup, then take it home, now make your own eba and add a little water to the soup so it would be enough and add some ingredients with it? We would now combine the eba I bought at the canteen with that made by self at home. That's what myself and siblings would eat. God can truly raise anyone.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Hadampson(m): 6:12am On Apr 14, 2019
247naijamedia:

Guy: Naa You Die Trying.

If I have the opportunity...

Jaapaa

And this cracked me up grin grin grin
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Hadampson(m): 6:18am On Apr 14, 2019
olioxx:

You mus be very stupid.
As for Me, Myself and I, once the LEGAL opportuinity shows up... Am outta this bleeped up country.

The person behind that moniker is a clown grin

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Hadampson(m): 6:21am On Apr 14, 2019
lordally:

Please How did God raise you??

grin grin
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by dasrackhor(m): 7:10am On Apr 14, 2019
fairfora:
Amen
yeah, believe me when I say have experienced even worst than yours.Anyway hoping for grace. Rejoice with you..
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Mizwisdom(f): 9:03am On Apr 14, 2019
Why does he look like his suffering? good advice though

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by rex444(m): 2:27pm On Apr 14, 2019
247naijamedia:

Guy: Naa You Die Trying.

If I have the opportunity...

Jaapaa
opportunity dey ooo if you have 2mil then you are good to go
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by lordally(m): 11:59am On Apr 15, 2019
rex444:
opportunity dey ooo if you have 2mil then you are good to go
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2019
U can as well tell me that water is wet.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by queengift(f): 10:11pm On Apr 15, 2019
lordally:

Please How did God raise you??

you cracked me up, same question I had in mind, what kind of job is he really doing?
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by lordally(m): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2019
queengift:

you cracked me up, same question I had in mind,
what kind of job is he really doing?
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by lordally(m): 10:38pm On Apr 15, 2019
queengift:

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by lordally(m): 10:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
queengift:

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 29, 2019
It doesn't matter how OP looks or what kind of job he does. In America any job is respected, you make money, that's it. All I see OP is very happy to be an American and to feel equal with the President or whoever, white, yellow or black. He is talking about not exactly his personal success, some made it bigger, he talks about feeling respected as an American and not put down as many Nigerians. He feels as a human being same as any on this planet, not less. He talks about being in his own country nobody and now he is a well respected citizen. America gives people that, to feel equal, freedom.

Yet, I agree with another posting saying you can make it in your own country, Nigeria, maybe only few, maybe it's more effort (I'm not sure about effort, America is hard on new immigrants), the other posting says you can make it and well in your home country. But I don't know, somehow the poster saying stay at home, God will help, sounds to me as political propaganda.

3 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Babyvet: 2:44am On May 30, 2019
123JohnF:
It doesn't matter how OP looks or what kind of job he does. In America any job is respected, you make money, that's it. All I see OP is very happy to be an American and to feel equal with the President or whoever, white, yellow or black. He is talking about not exactly his personal success, some made it bigger, he talks about feeling respected as an American and not put down as many Nigerians. He feels as a human being same as any on this planet, not less. He talks about being in his own country nobody and now he is a well respected citizen. America gives people that, to feel equal, freedom.

Yet, I agree with another posting saying you can make it in your own country, Nigeria, maybe only few, maybe it's more effort (I'm not sure about effort, America is hard on new immigrants), the other posting says you can make it and well in your home country. But I don't know, somehow the poster saying stay at home, God will help, sounds to me as political propaganda.

You are talking absolute rubbish. You have obviously never been to America before you started writing. The black man is not equal with the president neither is he equal with any white man.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 4:00am On May 30, 2019
Babyvet:

You are talking absolute rubbish. You have obviously never been to America before you started writing. The black man is not equal with the president neither is he equal with any white man.
I am an American. The black man in America can be whatever he wanna be, even a President.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Babyvet: 4:06am On May 30, 2019
123JohnF:

I am an American. The black man in America can be whatever he wanna be, even a President.

Oga, go and sleep . You know nothing about America.
Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by lordally(m): 9:00am On May 30, 2019
Babyvet:

1 Like

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by lordally(m): 9:01am On May 30, 2019
Babyvet:

Re: If You Have The Opportunity, Leave Nigeria - US Based Nigerian Man by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 30, 2019
Babyvet:

LOL, you wish. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get A Certified Copy Of Hotel Reservation For U.s.a Tourist Visa? / Question On Nigerian Gun Laws / Final Year Student Of Eksu Lost Their Lives In A Fatal Motor Accident....(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.