Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,294 members, 7,839,441 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto (22430 Views)

I Fear For Babajide Sanwo Olu. / Hausa Youth Lash Out At Buhari With No Fear For Heavily Armed Soldiers. / NUPENG Expresses Fear For Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by ofiko123(m): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
mytime24:
2023 too far sef embarassed

Na you think so..
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Odingo1: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
The North will continue ruling Nigeria after 2023, all northerners in APC will decamp to PDP making the remnants of APC to become a Yoruba Muslims opposition party.

2 Likes

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by NinjaMetahuman: 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
thats democracy for you

as fancy and good it might seem, it divides people more than anything.

even america is more divided than ever now

1 Like

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by surevik(f): 6:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
Everyone dose, in fact I fear tomorrow especially this one Buhari is still in power.

1 Like

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by madridsta007(m): 6:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
unclesuruoffi:
The Sultan of Sokoto and President General Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) Sa’ad Abubakar, has disclosed that he fears for the future of Nigeria in 2023 as the signs are already there. The monarch who spoke during the weekend at the 2019 General Assembly of the Da’awah Coordination Council of Nigeria (DCCN) held at the Sultan Palace, Sokoto, expressed worry that Nigerians has become more divided politically ahead of the next general elections in 2023.

The Sultan of Sokoto who disclosed that he fears for the future of Nigeria in 2023, added that the 2019 elections witnessed a very disturbing trend with religious leaders who ought to be neutral, openly pitching tent with candidates.

"If Nigeria has these troubles in 2019 then, I have my fears over 2023. The signs are already on ground. “Brothers no longer talk to each other. Friends are now divided in a very terrible way because they have been insulting one another before the election. Neighbours now hate each other because they belong to different political parties,” he added.

“We that are religious leaders, have to be careful of what we tell our followers because most of them are not educated and will take whatever you say as true. I have been an observer of the election over the years and have never declared support for any candidate. As a religious leader, I have never asked Imams or Muslims preachers to preach against anybody or in support of any as well,” he asserted

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/14/i-fear-for-the-future-of-nigeria-in-2023-sultan-of-sokoto/

Your religious leaders were, in their mosques in the North, telling people that Peter Obi was amongst those who planned Nigeria’s first coup — Peter Obi that wasn’t even alive then let alone a baby. And they, largely illiterates, believed the rumour and spread it.
You should be honest and altruistic as a Sultan.
Meanwhile it’s funny that Buhari’s first term hasn’t even ended yet these fellows have been talking about 2023.

Sadly, it means that the governance that should happen between 2019 and 2023 isn’t their business at all.

I blame Mr Lugard for merging the Northern and Southern protectorates together.

5 Likes

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Oguieke(m): 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
Nigeria will be great again.

1 Like

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by 007lss: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2019
unclesuruoffi:
The Sultan of Sokoto and President General Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs (NSCIA) Sa’ad Abubakar, has disclosed that he fears for the future of Nigeria in 2023 as the signs are already there. The monarch who spoke during the weekend at the 2019 General Assembly of the Da’awah Coordination Council of Nigeria (DCCN) held at the Sultan Palace, Sokoto, expressed worry that Nigerians has become more divided politically ahead of the next general elections in 2023.

The Sultan of Sokoto who disclosed that he fears for the future of Nigeria in 2023, added that the 2019 elections witnessed a very disturbing trend with religious leaders who ought to be neutral, openly pitching tent with candidates.

"If Nigeria has these troubles in 2019 then, I have my fears over 2023. The signs are already on ground. “Brothers no longer talk to each other. Friends are now divided in a very terrible way because they have been insulting one another before the election. Neighbours now hate each other because they belong to different political parties,” he added.

“We that are religious leaders, have to be careful of what we tell our followers because most of them are not educated and will take whatever you say as true. I have been an observer of the election over the years and have never declared support for any candidate. As a religious leader, I have never asked Imams or Muslims preachers to preach against anybody or in support of any as well,” he asserted

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/14/i-fear-for-the-future-of-nigeria-in-2023-sultan-of-sokoto/

restructuring is the code
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Gforce2019: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2019
deboysben:
Afonjas
Aka hydraulic soup drinkers are the problem of this country

Uproot them naija go better

Igbo scallywag spotted
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Quidquopro: 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
Mtcheeeeew

As if tomorrow is sure for anybody... embarassed
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by deboysben(m): 6:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
Gforce2019:

Igbo scallywag spotted

1 Like

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Greatzeus(m): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
They said the same thing about 2015,even US said Nigeria might break after election,but nothing happened,in 2019 they said the same,we are still here.
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:47pm On Apr 14, 2019
hammerFC:
THE SOUTH IS DIVIDED BEYOND REPAIR.

SS/SE CAN NEVER VOTE SW AND SW CANNOT VOTE SS/SE.

THAT MEANS LEGITIMATELY, THE NORTH CONTINUES.
Don't be deceived!!! Southwest is different from Tinubu!

Southwest will vote for anyone they believed in.

You can see how Lagos State voted overwhelmingly for Atiku and Obi!

1 Like

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Optional09: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2019
Now they scared of losing all the
Free money from the hardworking southern Nigerians. When have you condemn the killing of Christians in the North, the uncontrolled killing and kidnap of Christians by bokoharam, the injustice in our constitution that put the Northern elites at advantage, the ill education of the northern people by northern elite of which you are one. The injustice in our legal system and many other things you should have said something about by oh kept quite because you and your friend are on the advantage side.
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by HomeOfMe(f): 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
hammerFC:

THAT MEANS LEGITIMATELY, THE NORTH CONTINUES.
That's exactly what the north has always wanted to achieve,to plant division and hatred between tha SE/SS and SW,in order to enable them continue to hold on to power.
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Simbrixton(m): 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
deboysben:
Afonjas
Aka hydraulic soup drinkers are the problem of this country

Uproot them naija go better
100% we want our own country sef but how many of your people are leaving lagos so we can build our country how many of your people support adeyinka Grandson stop complaining and support oduduwa Republic we would leave peacefully
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Simbrixton(m): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2019
Gforce2019:

Igbo scallywag spotted
funny enough the igbo bigots are right but the hypocrisy is on them they keep migrating into other people space bringing hatred with them they don't geniuely realise that is also a problem
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by richie240: 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by MetaPhysical: 7:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
hammerFC:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

POLITICS WILL RATHER HAND POWER TO TAMBUWAL LAS LAS...

Just because Sultan speaks....see as you don panick and start delivering conflicting conspiracies. One Muslim in North speaks and your brain don scatter. Imagine if ten of them speak...
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by anuda(m): 7:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
Remember that JESUS is coming back very soon! Give your life to Christ now! Do not be taken unawares! Delay is dangerous!
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by richie240: 7:22pm On Apr 14, 2019
Odingo1:
The North will continue ruling Nigeria after 2023, all northerners in APC will decamp to PDP making the remnants of APC to become a Yoruba Muslims opposition party.
That won't happen, cos they don't do things out of emotions/sentiments/bitterness/hatred
SMH
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by richie240: 7:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Lot13(m): 7:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
hammerFC:

THAT MEANS LEGITIMATELY, THE NORTH SCONTINUES.
SW will vote a political savvy SS anyday and at anytime but I don't know about that of Igbos.
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Rajman45(m): 7:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
Why are south east people so troublesome. Imagine the sultan saying a stated fact of so many pastors canvassing for politician's is bad, u SE people are still trying to drag his name down. He stated the obvious fact and that's why u will never hear great men of God like pastor Adeboye, kumoyi, TB Joshua and Co canvas for politicians publicly. But People like Apostle Suleman ( he refuse to change his name to Solomon) and Co chooses to cause panic and disunity to the people.
I wonder what kind of a preacher does that.
*some pastors are openly say we prefer a THIEF to rule us*
Hmmm...... Make una wise up......
The truth is bitter, but must be told.
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Odingo1: 7:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
richie240:

That won't happen, cos they don't do things out of emotions/sentiments/bitterness/hatred like you.
SMH
Mark my word, time will tell.It is not about hatred or sentiment.North not will relinquish power.

Kiss the truth and be free.
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by smith2bj(m): 7:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
Oguieke:
Nigeria will be great again.

that will b in 200 yrs to come
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by richie240: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2019
Lot13:
SW will vote a political savvy SS anyday and at anytime but I don't know about that of Igbos.
Thank u!
Nigerians aren't blind, they know the SS don't have this level of hate, bile and bitterness in them. Even d ss DT produced gej has since moved on.
You only see urself (and no bdy else) in d mirror. Spread love and it'll come back to u multiple fold. Same with hatred.
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Simbrixton(m): 7:51pm On Apr 14, 2019
richie240:

They -north, sw, ss, mb - dont have problem with nigeria. We all know those who hate d word 'nigeria' with a passion. To them nigeria is a zoo. They want to leave nigeria and its ok by us. They should ( to borrow ur word) 'uproot' themselves.....
Mazi KANU is already helping out with that, and by the grace of God, it will come to a reality

Sorry sir, @ d bolded, the omoluabis aren't d one who've bn causing nuisance upandan abt leaving Nigeria nah! They've now come to terms/reality DT Nigerians are now calling their bluff and praying for their exit. How many of them do u see/hear carry d sessession mantra for head unlike b4?
They wanted to leave, now, we are praying that they leave!
EOD!
igbo bigots are plain stupid honestly can't they build their reputation without rubbishing other people
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by kafulka(m): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
Auxtin85:
He knows the plan the northern elite has for Nigeria not of good but of evil

Pls blame the south for their disunity
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Talknochip(m): 8:14pm On Apr 14, 2019
Guyman02:
Why not come out openly and blame Buhari for not helping the country to achieve credible elections in 2019 because of his own personal ambition, after all the campaign for every Nigerian to get their PVC, the same PVC was useless and didn't count leading to high voter apathy during the Guber elections and rampant snatching of ballot boxes.
The insincerity of leaders like the Sultan is part of the problems of this country, he could have spoken to Buhari to reduce his high unprecedented level of nepotism in appointments, allocation of federal resources and projects.

We see Governors from Niger republic and Chad openly campaigning for candidates including Buhari in the North and people like Sultan turned the other way.
What has he done as the foremost Islamic leader in Nigeria about the genocide and ethnic cleansing by his fellow Fulanis across many states.

I just hope that the section of SW who think that the current unholy alliance is for the good of the country will come to realise their folly and how eventually people like Sultan and other core north leaders will apply the principles of 'Taqqiyya' in 2023 to retain power without tinkering with the warped constitution we currently operate which Senator Adeyeye stated will not bring progress and prosperity to Nigeria.
God bless you Sir!

1 Like

Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Qadaffi2idiamin: 8:50pm On Apr 14, 2019
I'm sure buhari will not depose you grin grin
Re: I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto by Toosure70: 9:09pm On Apr 14, 2019
power to South or North regret it for life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

DSS Raids Dasuki’s House In Abuja, Stops Ex-NSA’s Trip / Appeal Court Declines To Rule On PDP Crisis / To avoid problem, don’t speak Queen’s English to police officers - ACP Abayomi S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.