Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US (60044 Views)

Nigeria Air Plane To Arrive On Friday / First Commercial Plane To Land At Anambra Airport For Runway Testing (Photos) / Vehicle Lands In A Ditch As Family Were Returning From Festival In Imo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by jolak5(m): 4:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
My brother and his family were sent down from the plane without any reason. A flight attendant approached them and said she received a directive from the US embassy that they shouldn't be allowed to travel. The lady didn't state any reason for this action. This happened 12pm today What can they do? The kids have been crying since.

9 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
jolak5:
My brother and his family were sent down from the plane without any reason. A flight attendant approached them and said she received a directive from the US embassy that they shouldn't be allowed to travel. The lady didn't state any reason for this action. This happened 12pm today What can they do? The kids have been crying since.

Cc: Lalasticlala

Is your sister inlaw pregnant?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by jolak5(m): 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2019
justwise:

Is your sister inlaw pregnant?

No
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Kingpee2(m): 5:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
A petition must have been written about them .....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by jolak5(m): 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kingpee2:
A petition must have been written about them .....

How can they get to the bottom of it?
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
jolak5:

No

Then they needs to return to the embassy for an interview.. additional information might have come up after their previous inter.

Something they did not disclose during her interview

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by OyinbowithaTan(m): 5:23pm On Apr 14, 2019
The Embassy is probably under no obligation to disclose anything, just guess.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by mekuso89(m): 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
They must be really heart broken

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by DonroxyII: 5:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
Village people, why oh why !!
Upon all the hustles they would have passed through before flying ..... God will see them true !!

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Kingpee2(m): 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2019
jolak5:

You should write a letter to the embassy regarding their removal from the plane but I can guarantee that it h to be due to report on their names ......

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by LiftedMan: 7:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
That must be traumatizing.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by jolak5(m): 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
justwise:

Then she needs to return to the embassy for an interview.. additional information might have come up after her previous inter.

Something she did not disclose during her interview

But they should have informed them before they took that action, it is a total disrespect to Nigerians. Can they do that to a Canadian or an English?

212 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Kingpee2(m): 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
jolak5:

another thing is find out if their ticket was not gotten through a fraudulent means ...The airline must have found something on their ticket ..

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by jolak5(m): 7:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
LiftedMan:
That must be traumatizing.

You can't imagine

1 Like

Kingpee2:
You should write a letter to the embassy regarding their removal from the plane but I can guarantee that it h to be due to report on their names ......

Hmmm, but who could have done that
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by ultimatebas(m): 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
I think they must have told people that they were relocating for good and weren't coming back. So one of their village people informed the embassy.

300 Likes 19 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by jolak5(m): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kingpee2:
another thing is find out if their ticket was not gotten through a fraudulent means ...The airline must have found something on their ticket ..

The command wasn't from the airline, it was from the embassy

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by justwise(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2019
jolak5:

But they should have informed them before they took that action, it is a total disrespect to Nigerians. Can they do that to a Canadian or an English?

This has happened to many people before, luckily for them it happened in Nigeria many got sent back in Dubai or Poe in USA.

Their visas are likely to be cancelled, they might have provided a different information about their trip to the immigration at the airport which is different from what they told the VO during the interview

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by jolak5(m): 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2019
justwise:

This has happened to many people before, lucky for them it happened in Nigeria many got sent back in Dubai or Poe in USA.

Their visas are likely to be cancelled, they might have provided a different information about their trip to the immigration at the airport which is different from what they told the VO during the interview

Is there any hope and will they get back the flight fee, at least a percentage?
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by mrprolifik: 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
jolak5:

Cc: Lalasticlala

They were very lucky it happened in Nigeria and not the port of entry to the U.S . Since they were prevented from flying then it's very certain that even at the port of entry they wouldn't be allowed to enter into the United States.
Did they stay longer than the number of days or weeks of their intended stay the last time they travelled? or during their last time in the United States did they have any kind of issue with the police over there or even the immigration or were they flagged for any issues? They need to start to think back on their last trip if any because definitely there is something that caused this.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Kendumazy(m): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
Hmmmm. Lemme learn.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
ultimatebas:
I think they must have told people that they were relocating for good and weren't coming back. So one of their village people informed the embassy.

They don’t even need to tell people. Their luggage alone if they were relocating would tell. I feel bad for the kids.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Amuocha: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2019
Justwise pls epp embarassed

But where is lalasticlala sef angry

You need to return this story to its destination.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
jolak5:

Is there any hope and will they get back the flight fee, at least a percentage?

Not sure let them call the airline.
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by soberdrunk(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
Nigerians are being humiliated anyhow, how can you grant someone visa and stop the person from flying "last minute", imagine all the stress they have gone through planning and all and you decide to treat them like "international terrorists" last minute, this is absolutely wrong! angry They should demand for a full refund of "visa fees" and sue for damages then tell them to go eat their stupid country...... angry

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Sweetcollins: 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
Back to square 0
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Denikayan: 8:31pm On Apr 14, 2019
When Benin and Kogi people are in alliance for your case, You can only run but cant hide

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by 1Sharon(f): 8:32pm On Apr 14, 2019
Oh wow, what did they do?
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by OBAGADAFFI: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
Op, it is strange the information is coming from a flight attendants, especially on Sunday.

They should contact the Embassy first thing tomorrow morning.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Parko(m): 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
Una village pipo strong oo
Re: My Brother And His Family Were Sent Down From The Plane To US by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:
The Embassy is probably under no obligation to disclose anything, just guess.
Yea, that's true, especially if it they are convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you defaulted during filling of papers

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rats Hanging From The Ceiling At Murtala Muhammed Airport Lagos (Photos) / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.