Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,233 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh (4086 Views)

Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence / Jonathan, Buhari Disagree On 2011 Post-poll Crisis, Sign Pact / Oyo, Canadian Firm Sign $1.3bn Pact On Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by chyz(m): 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

The US is not interested in capturing our oil. They just wanna fck up any hidiot that thinks they can prosecute a war on the ND and slow the flow of oil. They've got GEJ's back.

I type something big but erased it because clearly you're not serious. I know you're just drunk off of GEJ's presidential declaration.So i'm giving you that benefit of a doubt.
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by Beaf: 8:26pm On Sep 18, 2010
chyz:

I type something big but erased it because clearly you're not serious. I know you're just drunk off of GEJ's presidential declaration.So i'm giving you that benefit of a doubt.

I am not. This Africom issue was started by Yar Adua, because he thought it was a way to control rebelion in the Niger Delta. I am not going to tell you more, go find out how things went for yourself and what they are now. Cheap conspiracy theory websites will not help very much, Africom has a website and you should use sites like www.stratfor.com. You will learn a lot; conspiracy theory websites cause the mind to decay, cos they play on insecurities.

Now what was that big thing you were about to type, cos my howitzers are cocked and ready. grin
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by chyz(m): 8:51pm On Sep 18, 2010
Beaf:

I am not. This Africom issue was started by Yar Adua, because he thought it was a way to control rebelion in the Niger Delta. I am not going to tell you more, go find out how things went for yourself and what they are now. Cheap conspiracy theory websites will not help very much, Africom has a website and you should use sites like www.stratfor.com. You will learn a lot; conspiracy theory websites cause the mind to decay, cos they play on insecurities.

Now what was that big thing you were about to type, cos my howitzers are cocked and ready. grin

He thought it was a way to control the Niger Delta rebellion? Makes no sense at all. Would you want another country to set up a military base in your country permanently? During that term date he gave them to turn in their arms,if they resisted it he would has immediately sent out the military and wiped them completely out. Go and learn why other military countries rejected Africom.Since you don't believe the video then go read about it. Everything to you people is a conspiracy theory when it goes against anything the west says.
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by udezue(m): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2010
Will this move fasten the splitting of Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by Beaf: 12:56am On Sep 19, 2010
chyz:

He thought it was a way to control the Niger Delta rebellion? Makes no sense at all. Would you want another country to set up a military base in your country permanently? During that term date he gave them to turn in their arms,if they resisted it he would has immediately sent out the military and wiped them completely out. Go and learn why other military countries rejected Africom.Since you don't believe the video then go read about it. Everything to you people is a conspiracy theory when it goes against anything the west says.

I never argue based on hearsay. I am not even going to provide you any link, just google these words, your foolish Yar Adua uttered them after drinking non-alcohic tea in the White House;

"We have discussed on security issues, security within Nigeria, the Niger Delta, the Gulf of Guinea and peace and security on the African continent. We shall partner  AFRICOM to assist not only Nigeria but also the African continent to actualise its peace and security initiatives. It is an initiative to have standby forces in each of the regional economic groupings in Africa,"

This is from Shell;

Clearly the Nigerian Government is planning on working with the US military in the Niger Delta – whether this will continue in a low profile advisory capacity or escalate into something more is not clear. But the US Marines / US Government are not going to carry out their own research into the region unless they are going to use the information to pursue a specific set of agendas presumably with the knowledge of the present Nigerian regime.

http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2007/06/30/africa-path-nigeria-us-marines-africom-the-niger-delta/

Start from the two pointers above, spend a week following articles, then come back. yar Adua signed a foolish document he probably hadn't read, because the damn teacher was bamboozled by the things he saw in the White House. anyways since Jonathan, the US is now more concerned about Boko Haram and Mutalabs as the main problems that can stop oil flowing. But get one thing straight, yar Adua willingly acted stup!dly and signed a dangerous treaty.

You might also like to look at what Yar Adua said when the White House tea had dissolved from his eyes; http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11064&z=5

Thats your disgraceful president in the White House;

Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by chyz(m): 1:45am On Sep 19, 2010
Beaf:

I never argue based on hearsay. I am not even going to provide you any link, just google these words, your foolish Yar Adua uttered them after drinking non-alcohic tea in the White House;

"We have discussed on security issues, security within Nigeria, the Niger Delta, the Gulf of Guinea and peace and security on the African continent. We shall partner  AFRICOM to assist not only Nigeria but also the African continent to actualise its peace and security initiatives. It is an initiative to have standby forces in each of the regional economic groupings in Africa,"

This is from Shell;

http://royaldutchshellplc.com/2007/06/30/africa-path-nigeria-us-marines-africom-the-niger-delta/

Start from the two pointers above, spend a week following articles, then come back. yar Adua signed a foolish document he probably hadn't read, because the damn teacher was bamboozled by the things he saw in the White House. anyways since Jonathan, the US is now more concerned about Boko Haram and Mutalabs as the main problems that can stop oil flowing. But get one thing straight, yar Adua willingly acted stup!dly and signed a dangerous treaty.

You might also like to look at what Yar Adua said when the White House tea had dissolved from his eyes; http://nm.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11064&z=5

Thats your disgraceful president in the White House;

Where exactly did you get this information from?LOL. Clearly Yaradua rejected Africom along with other african leaders. Everyone knows that. And whether he said otherwise while in the US, on US Territory, is a different thing. And you say that the US is concerned about Boko Haram? What ting Boko Haram concern US?LOL. "Oil flowing" and other interests are what they care about not no dang Niger Deltan or any other nigerian.

Here's a real article for you, spend a weak researching why other African leaders rejected it and also learn more about Africom:

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,156704,00.html
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by coldhearts(f): 1:49am On Sep 19, 2010
is it time to vote jonathan out yet  angry.
Africom huh; i may not understand much but this agreement smells foul undecided.
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by cap28: 2:09am On Sep 19, 2010
Beaf i dont understand how you can say Yaradua created AFRICOM.  

AFRICOM is about the recolonisation of africa and its natural resources, you keep going on about conspiracy theories -AFRICOM has passed the stage of being considered a theory - it is well  underway and despite the ambiguous language that the americans keep using to confuse africans into thinking its about securing their territory and fighting the war on terror nothing could be further from the truth.  By the way this war on terror is nothing but a smokescreen used as an excuse by america to cover its real intentions, the only terrorists that we have in the world today are the americans, they are the ones who have an annual  military budget of over $600 billion USD - the largest defence budget in the world.  Which country in their right mind would attempt to go to war with a country that spends that amount of money on military hardware?

The idea that Yaradua would come up with the idea of AFRICOM is laughable - as Chyz stated earlier why on earth would he want foreign troops to occupy his own country?

US presidential candidate for the green party - Cynthia Mckinney even campaigned on this issue but of course received limited support as it was not regarded as an important issue to most americans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGOMY4gNVQ

The african american actor Danny Glover has also condemned america's plans to recolonise africa under the guise of providing "regional security"
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by Horus(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2010
Beaf:

Cheap conspiracy theory websites will not help very much, Africom has a website and you should use sites like www.stratfor.com. You will learn a lot; conspiracy theory websites cause the mind to decay, cos they play on insecurities.
You seem to be addicted to the words conspiracy theory, unfortunatly AFRICOM is real and has nothing to do with theory. Yourself mentioned that AFRICOM has a website, and this is another proof that AFRICOM is real. An existing military US base in Entebbe, Uganda, is covering East Africa and the Great Lakes region. President Yoweri Museveni has, since he came to power in Uganda in 1986, developed a major US ally in Africa, often celebrated as the first in a "new breed of African leaders" by Washington. The Entebbe airport is already one of the best developed US bases in Africa.
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by TippyTop(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2010
I feel sorry for those Nigerians incapable of seeing how dangerous this agreement is. We are too busy fighting ourselves to reflect on the implication of this agreement.
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by agitator: 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
Sometimes you wonder if some so called educated people reason with the asses. but after a careful though you will realise they intentionally behave that way for personal reasons.

IMF/World Bank (western institutions told Nigeria to devalue their currency) the same west are now pressuring China to raise the value of their currency. This has been a running economic battle since 2009. Simple truth - China is a manufacturing and exporting country (electronics, machines, tools, clothing, etc) with their currency devalued, their goods are cheaper and most Chinese are better off using their products than purchasing imported expensive products.
Nigeria imports majority of their products, devaluing the currency spelled doom for the country.

Secondly when their home markets were saturated, the west started looking for other markets to sell their products. They came up with the World Trade Organisation (WTO) in the propaganda to woo the African countries to become members they said it was to facilitate free and unhindered trading opportunities, because they wanted to sell their products, but China was refused membership for a long time.
Re: Nigeria, U.S. Sign Pact On Regional Security ;Africom Has Come To Naija: Smh by Chyz2: 4:56am On Jan 12, 2012
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap French Man In Katsina / HOW APC Will Dislodge PDP/GEJ In 2015 / We Voted Buhari In 2011 But 2015 Is For Jonathan...see Why (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.