Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence (13522 Views)

Ambode Visits Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Enugu State Governor (Photos) / FG Signs Pact To Build $1 Billion Power Plant In Akwa Ibom / Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Celebrates His 53rd Birthday With Prison Inmates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by neolboy(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2016
By Christopher Isiguzo in Enugu

Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State and Fulani herdsmen operating in parts of the state, under the aegis of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, South East zone yesterday initiated moves aimed at ending the lingering violent clashes between the herdsmen and members of their host communities in the state.
Specifically, the herdsmen and the state government after a closed door meeting at the Government House, Enugu agreed to set up a joint standing committee so as to entrench a lasting peace and harmony between the host communities and the herdsmen and also to curb criminalities suspected to be perpetrated by the herdsmen.

It could be recalled that a disagreement between the herdsmen and people of Ugwuneshi community in Awgu council of the state had led to the arrest and incarceration of 76 members of the community at the Federal Prisons, Umuahia, Abia State recently. It took the timely intervention of Governor Ugwuanyi and his Abia State counterpart, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu to get them released after two weeks in prison.

The latest decision which is expected to resolve areas of disagreement was a major outcome of a crucial meeting between the herdsmen and Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi at the Government House, Enugu convened by the governor who had been seeking ways to arrest the growing insecurity generated by frictions between the herdsmen and members of their host communities.

Governor Ugwuanyi who played host to the herdsmen that came in their numbers explained the reason for convening the meeting was to forge a better relationship with the cattle breeders and curb on-going frictions between them and their hosts, especially in view of the recent clash between Fulanis and the people of a community in Awgu council area of the state.

The governor told them that “This meeting has been summoned essentially for purposes of entrenching peace in Enugu State. It will, however, dwell on recent happenings in the State which are not only posing a significant threat to peace and the security of lives and properties of our people but are also threatening to spiral out of control.

“We are all witnesses to the rising wave of undesirable incidents and criminal activities in the state particularly kidnapping, armed robbery and clashes between Fulani cattle rearers and farmers in some rural communities in Enugu State.

“We are aware that such incidents are currently promoting a sense of insecurity and restiveness among our people and if not promptly and effectively checked, could lead to a breakdown of law and order as well as avoidable but potentially lethal clashes between groups or communities in the state.

“As no responsible Government will allow this to happen more so, when it is clear that no one profits from such a situation and no meaningful progress can be attained under such an atmosphere, it has become imperative that we came together under this kind of forum to
exchange frank views and ideas as to how we can jointly reverse the current trend and consequently, preserve the peace and security for which Enugu State has long been reputed”, he told the visitors.
The chairman of the group of cattle breeders, Alhaji Gidado Sidikki, addressed the gathering enumerating incidents that had constituted sources of estranged relations between them and their hosts and appealed to the governor to do all within the ambit of his powers to reverse the situation.

During the meeting, he interpreted the governor’s address to those who did not understand English language clearly and both parties agreed to set up a joint standing committee made of members from the breeders and the people of the state to forge a common front that would breed harmony.

They agreed to go home and to later forward the list of those who would be in the joint committee from their side while the government would also produce a list from its own side.

source:www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/09/ugwuanyi-fulani-herdsmen-sign-pact-to-end-violence/

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by chocolateme(f): 7:06am On Apr 09, 2016
Well I hope it's effective because there is always a difference between paper work and reality.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by zico530(m): 7:08am On Apr 09, 2016
How will the agreement stop these normads from committing more atrocities?

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by mcee1(m): 7:09am On Apr 09, 2016
Good.

#saynotoviolence#
Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by mrvitalis(m): 7:10am On Apr 09, 2016
This is one governor that was voted by every body in his state... . Even his opponent supported him
But from his actions I feel he wasn't fit to be governor

How can u negotiate with this people... . Do they negotiate with our brothers up north?
They kill I I'm thire soil.. . And have come to kill u in our own soil... And we want a peace deal? Igbos are not cowards please

Empower boys in the name of vigilante to flush out this fools. .. . It's as simple as that

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by mamaafrik(m): 7:49am On Apr 09, 2016
mrvitalis:
This is one governor that was voted by every body in his state... . Even his opponent supported him

How can u negotiate with this people... . Do they negotiate with our brothers up north?
They kill I I'm thire soil.. . And have come to kill u in our own soil... And we want a peace deal? Igbos are not cowards please

Empower boys in the name of vigilante to flush out this fools. .. . It's as simple as that
i wonderoooo,pesin wey suppose get bajinotu or double barren mass-produced and drop on them like a bomb.shiiioooooo,now they'll feel like prince charles

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Clerverley2(m): 8:04am On Apr 09, 2016
U
mrvitalis:

Yet you support Buhari. Fool

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by PFRB: 8:11am On Apr 09, 2016
Sign agreement with killers and murderers but kill peaceful people. Shame Shame

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by obailala(m): 8:14am On Apr 09, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
U Yet you support Buhari. Fool
Fool because he supports buhari?

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Clerverley2(m): 8:20am On Apr 09, 2016
obailala:
Fool because he supports buhari?
How can one support Buhari and oppose Fulani herdsmen.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by obailala(m): 8:22am On Apr 09, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:

How can one support Buhari and oppose Fulani herdsmen.
Go and see a psychologist. You need help.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Leopardd(m): 8:25am On Apr 09, 2016
obailala:
Go and see a psychologist. You need help.

He need to say the truth, Buari is their grand patron.
They tell him scores.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Yujin(m): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2016
Ugwuanyi, where are our women kidnapped by those devils? I don't know the terms of your pact with them but if any single farmland is encroached again or a single Igbo blood be spilled again on our soil, their entire camps including lokpanta will be torched. Meanwhile, all our farmers whose land has been destroyed by herdsmen should estimate their worth and compile them. I know they will be worth billions now. I foresee a time reparation/compensation will demanded. I know the fulanis will not stop until they meet fire.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by cybernaut(m): 8:32am On Apr 09, 2016
toothless bigot governors,4 two weeks ur people is still in custody.if say na anambra na imediate action b4 half bake zoo force cum 4 peace.ibo's elites are failure in d mind of all igbo youths bt very soon dey wil pay d ultimate price or u go excle and even dia children wil feel d heat.

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 09, 2016
I see, this big fat fool named Ugwuanyi is a shame to all indigene of Enugu and Enugu at large
Imagine negotiating the life of his people with this animals called Fulani herdsmen or whatever! Gush this man must be a maggot I-Spit tuufiakwaa.

Instead of him to run to the people of Anambra and enquire on how Bakasi started and was operated

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by obailala(m): 8:40am On Apr 09, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:

You haven't answered my question. Your useless father is the one who needs help.
Like I said, you need help. Buhari is not your problem and neither am I.

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by mrvitalis(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
U Yet you support Buhari. Fool
Yes bro.. . I support Buhari till Tomorrow he was the better option and he is doing well.. Bit no man is perfect
And this doesn't stop me from fighting for the survival of my tribe

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Clerverley2(m): 9:07am On Apr 09, 2016
mrvitalis:

Yes bro.. . I support Buhari till Tomorrow he was the better option and he is doing well.. Bit no man is perfect
And this doesn't stop me from fighting for the survival of my tribe

Pure foolishness. He is doing well indeed, so are his herdsmen.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Clerverley2(m): 9:09am On Apr 09, 2016
Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by EasternLeopard: 9:17am On Apr 09, 2016
A Mobile and well armed vigilante group should be set up in all communities to monitor and repel any attacks.

The vigilante group should work with other SE/SS/MB vigilante groups

Security personnel giving them cover should be identified and exposed.

All herdsmen must be registered and their registration number, written boldly on each cows.

All unregistered herdsmen must be arrested and investigated.

Real owners of the cows must be identified in order to force them to pay for any damage on any farm or life.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by doublewisdom: 9:23am On Apr 09, 2016
Enugu state seems to have a weakling as governor. Sign peace pact with murderers? *spits on Ugwuanyi*.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by sotall(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2016
k
Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by wristbangle: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2016
U don't negotiate with a terrorist. Anyway even though they have reached an agreement, these fulani herdsmen can never be trusted because violence is in their DNA and they are willing to kill at any point for whoever threatens to thwart their normadic practices.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by nairagossip: 10:49am On Apr 09, 2016
GUD
Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by kolawolepeters(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2016
kikikikiki, Herdmen? Signing?

Na BH go sign next,,

Nigeria is moving, Buhari is working grin

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by Tocheagle(m): 10:54am On Apr 09, 2016
NEVER YOU SIGN A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by macaranta(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2016
Okay...good luck making them understand what they signed.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, Fulani Herdsmen Sign Pact To End Violence by WestAfricanGoon: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2016
undecided
undecided

What a joke.. These people are illiterates. Do they understand the meaning of pact? They don't even understand the meaning of private property! And where in the world do you sign pact with people who came to your land killed your people and destroyed their land? Are they above the law? They are supposed to be arrested!
I can bet, before July ends, another citizen of enugu will be killed by these same people. They have to be incarcerated. Seems if i hold ak47 and have several cows, I'm above the law.. Nice one

Tell them to hand over the people responsible for the brutality the community witnessed, put them on trial and confiscate their assets (cows)

If it's a regular human being isn't that what would happen? Or are they aliens?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aregbesola & Folorunso Alakija Rocking Convocation Gown At Osun Convocation(pics / Why Lagos May Become The Biggest Igbo City In 2030 / COVID-19: Buhari Cancels Christmas Homage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.