Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,728 members, 7,831,311 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor (4495 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / I'm Not Happy With My Mom's Behaviour Towards My Adopted Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2019
The picture with biket hospital is the CT scan and hansa clinics is chest scan.. We also did 2D echo scan and ECG.. The later are in the files with nurses.
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Oem18(m): 8:34am On Apr 22, 2019
Abuheekmat:

And you think all the doctors and consultants in UNTH are not capable of carrying out the surgery?

And concerning the NHIS.. I have been seeing their office in this hospital too. Will find out about it.

If am to get you clearly, you said chemotherapy is better than carrying out surgery right?

.enlighten me about this..

We are already in the hospital awaiting surgery
Wait so what you are saying is that this nigerian doctors never told you anything about chemotherapy all they want is to open your mother's skull. Like I said they are supposed to carry out an assessment (MRI, cat scan) of her brain, her spine (at times cancerous tissue suddenly appears in the spine there have been cases like that) her whole body , bone marrow tests etc. Surgery should be the last last last option. That's why I told tou to go to scoan because it is only in Africa that someone would need treatment that drugs can solve but the doctors would recommend surgery because they want money. Anyway did they give you a reason why they want to operate on her. Be careful they was a doctor in America who was doing something similar to this what was required was a minor surgery but he always did something else because he wanted more money.
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 22, 2019
Oem18:

Wait so what you are saying is that this nigerian doctors never told you anything about chemotherapy all they want is to open your mother's skull. Like I said they are supposed to carry out an assessment (MRI, cat scan) of her brain, her spine (at times cancerous tissue suddenly appears in the spine there have been cases like that) her whole body , bone marrow tests etc. Surgery should be the last last last option. That's why I told tou to go to scoan because it is only in Africa that someone would need treatment that drugs can solve but the doctors would recommend surgery because they want money. Anyway did they give you a reason why they want to operate on her. Be careful they was a doctor in America who was doing something similar to this what was required was a minor surgery but he always did something else because he wanted more money.

Like I said, we are already in the hospital, we have done countless tests, both blood on scan. We went to opthamology clinic and so cardiology clinic for clearing of fit for surgery.. Every step you expected have been taken and we are awaiting surgery..

Our surgery has been postponed several times due to non availability of space in ICU.. It's the postponement that affected our financial capacity and the unbudgeted medications and tests..

And we will still foot the bill of the surgery which we only deposited part payment..

It's due to this am sourcing help for financial aid..

I actually haven't heard anything about chemotherapy from the doctors or the consultant.. Would ask them about it though.. Probably it will commence after the surgery or so.. Because we would be placed on check ups after we are discharged. Met someone with similar case that has been discharged and was placed on check ups for 3 weeks or so..
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2019
Oem18:

And to do something else because of money (doctors ) won't happen here.. This is a government hospital.. University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital in ituku /ozahala (enugu state)

Thanks for the heads-up bro
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 26, 2019
All aid is needed Please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by eyinjuege: 6:57am On Apr 26, 2019
Oem18:

When did the OP ever say his mother had cancer?
What is the point of chemotherapy in a non cancerous tumor?

5 Likes

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 26, 2019
eyinjuege:

When did the OP ever say his mother had cancer?
What is the point of chemotherapy in a non cancerous tumor?

Chemotherapy also applies to brain tumour if radiotherapy can't subdue the regrowing back of the tumor. Chemotherapy is the last resort treatment for stopping the regrowth of the tumor that's if it's tumour that will regrow
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by czarina(f): 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
Oem18:

Hello...

The tumor may not even be cancerous and besides surgery is sometimes all takes to eliminate even some cancers.

You think surgery is bad? Chemo can be worse.

Not all tumors require chemo though most oncologists may add it as a "topping" to stay on the "safe side".

1 Like

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by cococandy(f): 10:36pm On Apr 26, 2019
Surgery is not the last option in cancers (if it’s even cancer) Stop saying what you don’t know.

Surgery is usually a first step if the mass is something that can be safely removed. Then chemotherapy and/or radiation to remove what’s left (again if it’s cancer).

Oem18:

1 Like

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 2:11am On Apr 27, 2019
Speedy recovery to your mom.
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
Her surgery is coming up next week Wednesday.

As much as we need your prayers.. We also need financial aid..

Please send all you can to help us to this account
.Bank : Access Bank.
Name : Aliu Saheed Adeshina
Account Number : 0773153062.

No amount is small. May The Lord bless us all

Thanks so much everyone ..
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 08, 2019
The surgery is been carried out right now..

Am grateful to all that send us money and those that share this post. May the Lord bless you all.

We still need more of your donations.. And more shares of this post..

Once again, we are grateful to everyone
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 11, 2019
The surgery was carried out on Wednesday. It lasted for almost 10 hours.. She stayed 2 days in the ICU. She's now in the ward .

1 Like

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 11, 2019
We still need your financial assistance brothers and sisters.. No amount is small.. Kindly help.. Please
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 11, 2019
Bank : Access Bank.
Name : Aliu Saheed Adeshina
Account Number : 0773153062.
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 11, 2019
Theatre Complex to buy medications..

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 22, 2019
This is the Histopathography result.

1 Share

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 22, 2019
We would be discharged probably tomorrow.. Remains money for discharge..

Any amount is not small. Kindly help financially
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 28, 2019
Asalam alaekum warahmatulah wabarakahtuhu my brothers and sisters.

We(my mum and I) have been in University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital in Enugu for over 2 months now due to the surgery on brain tumor that was diagnosed by Pathway Hospital In Oshogbo before we were referred to UNTH.
Alhamdulilah for the successful surgery which is excision of the tumor and craniotomy too. She had 2 surgery at once. Alhamdulilah she's absolutely getting better and the Histopathography result shows Transitional Megnioma Grade 1 (World Health Organization). Which is the best result that can be expected.
We were discharged on Saturday and our bill is absolutely higher than what we can dream to afford. It's over 700 thousand. Surgery fee is 500 thousands (craniotomy +brain tumor excision) while hospital bill is 281 thousand.. We have deposited 120 thousand naira... We have even spent more than 800 thousands in getting the surgery kits, tens of tests, MRI, Chest Scan and series of consultant clinic attending (endocrinologist, Cardiologist, Neurologist)..

I really never expected A Nigerian teaching hospital fees to be so expensive.. Hmm..

We need all the help we could get.. Sharing this message is also part of helping. No amount is small..

Access bank : 0773153062
Bank Name : Aliu Saheed

Whatsapp : 08134815464 (for questions or verification of the situation)

May Allah bless us all.
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 28, 2019
moderators should please help and push this to the front page please.. Don't let us a be prisoner in the hospital nor let us abscond due to the non affordability of payment..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2019
We have been able to gather up-to 200 thousand.. The fee still remains 400 thousands..

No amount is small brothers and sisters..
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 10, 2019

No amount is likewise too much..

May the Lord bless us all
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 10, 2019
Letter written to the management

1 Share

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 10, 2019
Met with the Chief Medical Director..

He said REQUEST REJECTED..
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2019
Just left Chief Medical Director Office on our issue. Met with him again and explain my case. He said Federal Government is not funding the hospital. So waving of bill is impossible. There's nothing else I could say to persuade him..
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2019
This country is already in hell already.. so frustrating
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2019
Asalam alaekum warahmatulah wabarakahtuhu my brothers and sisters.

We(my mum and I) have been in University Of Nigeria Teaching Hospital in Enugu for months (since March 19) due to the surgery on brain tumor that was diagnosed by Pathway Hospital In Oshogbo before we were referred to UNTH. The surgery was done on 8th of May.
Alhamdulilah for the success of the surgery. Alhamdulilah she is getting better day by day and the Histopathography result shows Transitional Megnioma Grade 1 (World Health Organization). Which is the best result that can be expected.
We were discharged on 25th of May and our bill is absolutely higher than what we can dream to afford. It's over 700 thousand. Surgery fee is 500 thousands (craniotomy +brain tumor excision) while hospital bill is 281 thousand.. We have deposited 120 thousand naira... We have even spent more than 800 thousands in getting the surgery kits, tens of tests, MRI, Chest Scan and series of consultant clinic attending (endocrinologist, Cardiologist, Neurologist)..

Total amount we need now is 600 thousand in which we have managed to get 200 thousand.

I really never expected A Nigerian teaching hospital fees to be so expensive.. I even met with the CMD (Chief Medical Director) twice about waiving of bill which he refused on the point that federal government are not funding the hospital.

We need all the help we could get.. Sharing this message is also part of helping. No amount is small..

Whatsapp : 08134815464 (for questions or verificationr of the situation)

May Allah bless us all.

Help spread please
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 24, 2019
Alhamdulilah.. We have gathered 400 thousand as of now(not from online donations).... Remains 280..

No amount is small ..

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 25, 2019
Remains 180 thousand..

No amount is small..

May Allah bless us all
Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Kingsaeedibn: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2019
Surgery fee balance and oxygen fee

Re: Please Save My Mom From Brain Tumor by Kingsaeedibn: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2019
This is the part payment of the surgery fee..

Remains hospital bill to pay.. 271 thousands in total

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Newly Married Couple Stay In A Five Bedroom Apartment? / DNA or Divorce: Is Now Important Since Some Women Are More Harmful Than Snakes / Please Help Me. Am I Making A Right Decision??!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.