Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria (3376 Views)

Edo 2020: Will Edo Voters Accept Obaseki’s Citizen-Centric Offer? / Edo 2020: Finally, Oshiomhole Speaks; Tells APC Leaders, Members What To Do / PDP Emerges Victorious In Rescheduled LG Election In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2019
grin will APC give obaseki the ticket? Unlike ambode obaseki isnt coward.

Even when giving the ticket, will party leaders support him? Impossible.

What PDP needs to do is to get their act together and play the big brother role to all aggrieve APC members then Edo will be PDP.

Godfathers don't last in Edo state, I think next year will end oshiohmole hold.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 10:44am On Apr 20, 2019
I don't have strength to argue,

You simply go and enquire what the score was in the state house of assembly seats. (State politics don't come closer than HOA).

I understand you would need a future possible event to hang on to for consolment

9 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:
I don't have strength to argue,

You simply go and enquire what the score was in the state house of assembly seats. (State politics don't come closer than HOA).

I understand you would need a future possible event to hang on to for consolment

don't understand you, what's your point exactly?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
obaseki 2020 is sealed, oshomole has no option than to support him

8 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:
obaseki 2020 is sealed, oshomole has no option than to support him
grin what if he doesn't?
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by crispus09(m): 10:57am On Apr 20, 2019
oshiomole will have no choice except he doesn't care about the consequences.
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by jowhyte(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2019
If Obaseki is given the ticket, which I believe APC don’t want to gamble with even if the short demon decides to reach out to Tinubu and other selfish national working committees cabals of the party to deny him the 2nd term ticket, Obaseki does not currently have any opposition in the state. He will mercilessly beats anybody pdp and it’s likes will be fielding with a landslide victory. I voted for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu who lost to Obaseki but in all honesty I don’t think he would have done better than our current “wake and see” governor - Obaseki. That dude is a performer and master strategist.

His performance has now opened Edo people eyes to the fact that short devil looted the states dry. Go round the states and see the development going on. Same with business innovations.

Yet he has never borrowed instead he keep servicing the loans short devil incurred in spite of the oil booms during his time yet you never hear him hurl blames at anyone like incompetent and lifeless bubu. See the education revolutions, massive roads constructions and rehabilitations across every corners of the state.

The business growth and all other superb structure of effective revenue collections he has put in place unlike fraudulent short devil that was enriching touts as Kabaka and its likes during his tenures. Me Though I first voted for Osagie but now be personally mobilizing and campaigning for Obaseki for a job well done.

Politics and party aside the guy is a worker and master performer and such he does not have any opponents now or in the foreseeable future that can unseat him and hope oshiomole thief won’t let greed and ego make Obaseki move to another party cos that could be the end of apc in Edo state.

9 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2019
jowhyte:
If Obaseki is given the ticket, which I believe APC don’t want to gamble with even if the short demon decides to reach out to Tinubu and other selfish national working committees cabals of the party to deny him the 2nd term ticket, Obaseki does not currently have any opposition in the state. He will mercilessly beats anybody pdp and it’s likes will be fielding with a landslide victory. I voted for Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu who lost to Obaseki but in all honesty I don’t think he would have done better than our current “wake and see” governor - Obaseki. That dude is a performer and master strategist.

His performance has now opened Edo people eyes to the fact that short devil looted the states Dey. Go round the states and see the development going on. Same with business innovations.

Yet he has never borrowed instead he keep servicing the loans short devil incurred in spite of the oil booms during his time yet you never hear him hurl blames at anyone like incompetent and lifeless bubu. See the education revolutions, massive roads constructions and rehabilitations across every corners of the state.

The business growth and all other superb structure of effective revenue collections he has put in place unlike fraudulent short devil that was enriching touts as Kabaka and its likes during his tenures. Me Though I first voted for Osagie but now be personally mobilizing and campaigning for Obaseki for a job well done.

Politics and party aside the guy is a worker and master performer and such he does not have any opponents now or in the foreseeable future that can unseat him and hope oshiomole thief won’t let greed and ego make Obaseki move to another party cos that will be gh bend of apc in Edo state.
wow nice response.

You know politics is local, obaseki isn't Strongpolitically infact he lost his ward, local government and senatorial district

If Pdp manage to bring those agrive APC members then APC is finished in the state

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 11:13am On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
grin what if he doesn't?
Oshomole had repeatedly asked for more support for obaseki even when campaigning for buhari.

He is not dumb, don't you think obaseki winning every house of assembly seats tells a lot of where he is in the party leadership?

Based on permutation he has a performing governor that is loved by the people, with abundant cover of his past government including a seating deputy governor cousin.

You think he would risk all these overnight and risk a protest vote by Edo south which is 50/50.

Las las the oba would call all of them as usual and ask that the gentleman be given his 2nd term

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:
Oshomole had repeatedly asked for more support for obaseki even when campaigning for buhari.

He is not dumb, don't you think obaseki winning every house of assembly seats tells a lot of where he is in the party leadership?

Based on permutation he has a performing governor that is loved by the people, with abundant cover of his past government including a seating deputy governor cousin.

You think he would risk all these overnight and risk a protest vote by Edo south which is 50/50.

Las las the oba would call all of them as usual and ask that the gentleman be given his 2nd term
then the party leaders will decamped.

Obaseki isn't that loved or popular among Benin people as the media make it out to be
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 11:17am On Apr 20, 2019
jowhyte:

His performance has now opened Edo people eyes to the fact that short devil looted the states dry. Go round the states and see the development going on. Same with business innovations.

Politics and party aside the guy is a worker and master performer and such he does not have any opponents now or in the foreseeable future that can unseat him and hope oshiomole thief won’t let greed and ego make Obaseki move to another party cos that could be the end of apc in Edo state.
oshomole has no choice than to support him, what can tinubu a Western do in Edo matter?

Worst comes to worst the oba himself would step in and ask that he doesn't want rivers model in his kingdom.

The gentleman man would be given not just return ticket but return mandate

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
wow nice response.

You know politics is local, obaseki isn't Strongpolitically infact he lost his ward, local government and senatorial district

If Pdp manage to bring those agrive APC members then APC is finished in the state
That is general election for northerners, but hope you saw the real local politics that concerns him in house of assembly seats which he won all.

In fact obaseki deliberately and bodly made it a referendum on him

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:
oshomole has no choice than to support him, what can tinubu a Western do in Edo matter?

Worst comes to worst the oba himself would step in and ask that he doesn't want rivers model in his kingdom.

The gentleman man would be given not just return ticket but return mandate
I just tire, what can tinubu do in Edo state, even the people see him as a criminal, obaseki wouldn't want to associat with that type of person
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:
That is general election for northerners, but hope you saw the real local politics that concerns him in house of assembly seats which he won all.

In fact obaseki deliberately and bodly made it a referendum on him
few people came out during the election
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 11:27am On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
then the party leaders will decamped.

Obaseki isn't that loved or popular among Benin people as the media make it out to be
lol, this is just ignorance.

Obaseki isn't even the media propaganda guy, he is even media shy.

Wow a governor not popular?

Even my dad that is PDP fanatic likes obaseki, in fact almost everyone irrespective of party likes the guy or have a soft spot for him

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by jowhyte(m): 11:29am On Apr 20, 2019
Edo state is supposed to pdp. Edo south and Central. But for lucky Igbinedion who messed things up but that does not take away the fact that pdp is still a strong force to reckon with in the state of esp for lifeless incompetent bubu colossal failure that greatly impacted the National Assembly elections of the state.

It was a case of anything but not poverty and hunger orchestrated lifeless bubu.

Bubu poor performance was what affected apc chances in national elections.

You can see how that was immediately corrected in the state house assembly elections where apc cleared all the seats.

I know of lots apc party leaders that canvassed and vote massively for pdp during the national elections and I also know lots of pdp party leaders that are blown way by Obaseki performance with less resources and without burrowing and effectively collecting the states revenues straight into the state coffers with fraudulent much of 3rd parties which is greatly responsible for where is seeing funds to execute massive projects without trading blames to any of his predecessors ever.

Inasmuch as you are correct that politics is local it’s the people that still matters not those aggrieved party members ( jobless hungry full time politicians who can not all be pleased cow they take politics as full time and useless as results apart from showing up during elections as a rigging machine and tools)

Bros Obaseki as the people support big time and no any opponent at the moment can unseat him and fully on ground here in the states and I know the feelers first hand from the people here. Is victory will become sweeter and almost effortless for both him the apc if somebody like oshiomole that brought him do not allow the devil to use him and deny Obaseki the the ticket.

Pdp and any other political parties will be wasting their time and resources to contest against Obaseki trust me. Party and politics aside Obaseki is worker and a performer let him finish his 2nd term and put back Edo on track to the much desired enviable heights.

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
few people came out during the election
Low turnout was common nationwide.

Even at that it was a federal election for northerners.

The house of assembly election was also general voters apathy, still APC won all, whether few or many.

Couldn't PDP have even won at least one in its stronghold?

No, because obaseki made it a referendum on his government

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by jowhyte(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
I just tire, what can tinubu do in Edo state, even the people see him as a criminal, obaseki wouldn't want to associat with that type of person

Don’t say what can the tinubu do in Edo state during the apc primaries. If Oshiomole want to deny Obaseki his ticket all he needs the backing of the apc national working committee not the state.

He has rendered many devilish political favors to folks like tinubu and other vital people of the party at the top level and this same people can agree and come in alliance and thwart every Obaseki and their state excos and they can do it.

After all, most of the people that makes his government are majorly oshiomole loyalist even the SSG etc. but I just hope oshiomole won’t become unbearing and just allow in finish his 2nd term in peace but he chose to deny him he can do it because of his position and federal excos backing but it will be big risk for him and the party will lose at the polls

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 11:48am On Apr 20, 2019
jowhyte:
Edo state is supposed to pdp. Edo south and Central. But for lucky Igbinedion who messed things up but that does not take away the fact that pdp is still a strong force to reckon with in the state of esp for lifeless incompetent bubu colossal failure that greatly impacted the National Assembly elections of the state.

It was a case of anything but not poverty and hunger orchestrated lifeless bubu.

Bubu poor performance was what affected apc chances in national elections.

You can see how that was immediately corrected in the state house assembly elections where apc cleared all the seats.

I know of lots apc party leaders that canvassed and vote massively for pdp during the national elections and I also know lots of pdp party leaders that are blown way by Obaseki performance with less resources and without burrowing and effectively collecting the states revenues straight into the state coffers with fraudulent much of 3rd parties which is greatly responsible for where is seeing funds to execute massive projects without trading blames to any of his predecessors ever.

Inasmuch as you are correct that politics is local it’s the people that still matters not those aggrieved party members ( jobless hungry full time politicians who can not all be pleased cow they take politics as full time and useless as results apart from showing up during elections as a rigging machine and tools)

Bros Obaseki as the people support big time and no any opponent at the moment can unseat him and fully on ground here in the states and I know the feelers first hand from the people here. Is victory will become sweeter and almost effortless for both him the apc if somebody like oshiomole that brought him do not allow the devil to use him and deny Obaseki the the ticket.

Pdp and any other political parties will be wasting their time and resources to contest against Obaseki trust me. Party and politics aside Obaseki is worker and a performer let him finish his 2nd term and put back Edo on track to the much desired enviable heights.
That's why I laugh at op who doesn't know politics.

Oshomole only has Edo north block vote which is never enough, Edo central is unrepentantly PDP.

What oshomole has always done is to win Edo south at least half it.

But going against obaseki (who is an edo south son and performed more in the south) would mean getting protest vote from Edo south to PDP

It is in his own best interest that he not only allow obaseki ticket but support him all the way

4 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 11:48am On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
Have got his point. Are u from Edo? If No focus on your IPODS state first.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 20, 2019
funmijoyb:

Have got his point. Ate u from Edo? If No focus on your IPODS state first
you mad ni?
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2019
jowhyte:

Don’t say what can the tinubu do in Edo state during the apc primaries. If Oshiomole want to deny Obaseki his ticket all he needs the backing of the apc national working committee not the state.

He has rendered many devilish political favors to folks like tinubu and other vital people of the party at the top level and this same people can agree and come in alliance and thwart every Obaseki and their state excos and they can do it.

After all, most of the people that makes his government are majorly oshiomole loyalist even the SSG etc. but I just hope oshiomole won’t become unbearing and just allow in finish his 2nd term in peace but he chose to deny him he can do it because of his position and federal excos backing but it will be big risk for him and the party will lose at the polls
Take this to the bank oshomole supports obaseki second term.

BTW, mentioning tinubu on Edo matter is idiotic, if oshomole (a two time Edo governor and highest decision maker in APC exco) needs political solution concerning Edo, is it tinubu that doesn't know where ugbiyoko is that would offer him the solution.

Or you think politics is only about sending mc oluomo to states?.

The politician has to be grounded in the local politics to know the local people and their political chess players.

Even tinubu lost ondo to akeredolu despite ondo been a Yoruba state.

Stop tagging tinubu you hear?

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Indispensable85(m): 12:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
This OP is suffering from acute ignorance!
There's no contest in Edo state come next year.
What is going to happen is just a referendum on Obaseki and he's going to win in all the wards and local govt in Edo state.
Stop day-dreaming about a conflict that only exist in your head. There's no problem between oshiomhole and Obaseki,he has publicly eulogised him and called for more support for him in various fora.Obaseki enjoys a cross party endorsement in Edo state. Obaseki has no contestant right now,his re-election is one way.18 over 18.

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by zlantanfan: 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2019
Indispensable85:
What is going to happen is just a referendum on Obaseki and he's going to win in all the wards and local govt in Edo state.
Stop day-dreaming about a conflict that only exist in your head. There's no problem between oshiomhole and Obaseki,he has publicly eulogised him and called for more support for him in various fora.Obaseki enjoys a cross party endorsement in Edo state. Obaseki has no contestant right now,his re-election is one way.18 over 18.
No mind the guy jare, politics aside where else would you find a governor in this tough time as obaseki wen even dem oil goons like bayelsa and delta struggle with basic things as salaries

He inherited a lot of baggages and tension from oshomole but he has

Fixed bendel insurance

Pays salaries/arrears

Worked on Education and improved teachers quality via EdoBest

Massive construction and repairs of roads

Transparent Taxation system

Eliminate Agbero billionaire

Increased IGR

Stable political environment devoid of hate

Etc

Mind you these are just the projects my eyes have witnessed or my loved ones benefited from i don't watch local news yet to even see details of many more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
Donmedra:
you mad ni?
Edo na APC and under Tinubu not Atiku or lucky igbinedion. You're have been defeated on your thread.

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by funmijoyb(f): 1:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:
No mind the guy jare, politics aside where else would you find a governor in this tough time as obaseki wen even dem oil goons like bayelsa and delta struggle with basic things as salaries

Fixed bendel insurance

Pays salaries/arrears

Increased IGR

Etc

Mind you these are just the projects my eyes have witnessed or my loved ones benefited from i don't watch local news yet to even see details of many more

Some people are PDP supporters in Edo only because they hated the Afemai, Akoko Edos Yorubas, Hausa and Fulanis etc... They fail to see d good in Apc compared to the bad PDP offered

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 20, 2019
funmijoyb:

Some people are PDP supporters in Edo only because they hated the Afemai, Akoko Edos Yorubas, Hausa and Fulanis etc... They fail to see d good in Apc compared to the bad PDP offered
you have a mental problems this yoruba man
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
Indispensable85:
I'm sure you've never been to Edo state in your life before
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by jowhyte(m): 3:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:

Fixed bendel insurance

Pays salaries/arrears

Increased IGR

Etc

Bro well said. Same thing with me never remember the last time I watch or read local news contents of the state. That man has brought sanity to the political, educational, economic etc. system of the state.

He is not combative, creating unnecessary enemies across party divide. Never heard him hurling and pointing blames to his predecessors inspire of the meager resources and loan servicing he still tries to get the job done.

I voted against him in 2016 because of oshiomole factor but now that the guy is an asset a worker and performer politics and party aside and I will not only vote for I will mobilize and canvas votes for him my own small capacity.

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by jowhyte(m): 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
zlantanfan:
Take this to the bank oshomole supports obaseki second term.

BTW, mentioning tinubu on Edo matter is idiotic, if oshomole (a two time Edo governor and highest decision maker in APC exco) needs political solution concerning Edo, is it tinubu that doesn't know where ugbiyoko is that would offer him the solution.

Or you think politics is only about sending mc oluomo to states?.

The politician has to be grounded in the local politics to know the local people and their political chess players.

Even tinubu lost ondo to akeredolu despite ondo been a Yoruba state.

Stop tagging tinubu you hear?

Hahahaha hahahaha

You still didn’t get me right. On the ballot on elections day cabals as tinubu has no power here but I still think oshiomole can do the primary ticket miscalculation thing as denying a widely loved performing governor primary ticket thing without the backing of “who is who” at the federal level where folks like tinubu comes into play. Oshiomole rendered same political favours to him in Lagos, ogun states etc. he will also wanna do same in form of solidarity if Oshiomole want same and if it’s becoming to hot for him alone to hatch.

BTW, I just heard from my neighbor yesterday that Obaseki just awarded the ugbiyoko - ekenwan dualisation for 6+ billion. How this man prudently manages this lean resources of the state even where states that makes more money finds it hard to keep government activities running still baffles me.

I plied through Oko Airport ADP road estate gate through Obagie/Obayantor road down to Ogheghe sapele road to rubber research road and was like what the hell is the guy doing connecting and linking almost everywhere together.

I mean quality construction work by Setraco

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by jowhyte(m): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
funmijoyb:

That’s false. Please not derail this thread with party and tribe ethnicity BS. Me I am for a performer regardless of party or tribe.

When oshiomole has not shown us true and crafty thief that he was Edo people especially cover and jealously love him so much even better than his tribesmen.

I m telling you now that these same pdp supporters you are alleging have hatred for apc love Obaseki because the guy doing his best with the lean resources at his disposal
Re: Edo 2020 Will Be Sweetest Election In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 20, 2019
jowhyte:

Hahahaha hahahaha

You still didn’t get me right. On the ballot on elections day cabals as tinubu has no power here but I still think oshiomole can do the primary ticket miscalculation thing as denying a widely loved performing governor primary ticket thing without the backing of “who is who” at the federal level where folks like tinubu comes into play. Oshiomole rendered save political favor to him in Lagos, ogun states etc. he will also wanna do same in form of solidarity if Oshiomole want same and if it’s becoming to hot for him alone to hatch.

BTW, I just heard from my neighbor yesterday that Obaseki just awarded the ugbiyoko - ekenwan dualisation for 6+ billion. How this man prudently manages this lean resources of the state even where states that makes more money finds it to keep government activities running still baffles me.

I plied through Oko Airport ADP road estate gate through Osagie down to Ogheghe sapele road to rubber research and was like what the hell is the guy doing connecting and linking almost everywhere together.

I mean quality construction work by Setraco
that's why the stupid leaders are angry,no free money

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Female Deeper Life Members Fight Publicly Over Man In Lagos / Who developed Lagos Ports: Myth Busted. / Over 300 policemen lay siege to Wike’s hotel in Benin, PDP cries out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.