Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,414 members, 7,853,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

How Do I Start Loving Myself? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Start Loving Myself? (720 Views)

If You Want Her To Start Loving You, Strt Giving Her These Signs / How To Start Loving Yourself Again / 5 Ways To Stop Fighting And Start Loving Your Partner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Start Loving Myself? by Preciousgirl(f): 4:58pm On Apr 20, 2019
I am guilty of loving others at my own expense.
I have taken the bold decision to start loving myself
Please help me
What do I need to start doing?

Thank you very much.
Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by professorval1(m): 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2019
First, you've got to realize that you'll LIVE ONLY ONCE. Once you leave the world, no coming back.

Next, always remember you'll die alone. No matter how good or loved.

Your happiness is key!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by TimiRume(f): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
You love yourself you just don't know it yet.

(quick test)Try uploading a photo of yourself on any of your social media accounts, and observe your reaction when you don't get your expected number of likes.

Not putting yourself first may be a way of protecting yourself from criticism(which is self love).
Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by Oluromantic: 5:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
Don't know your age though but don't put all ur mind on a guy u just met and don't be too possessive of him. Keep ur options open, don't do no-sex relnshp... Its foolish and sound like a psycho-emotional get-back or so. Be mature, flow with mature guys, have as many as ur mind can take, if sex comes up don't hold back..sex doesn't make you a bad girl, have fun and when ur relatnshp with one of the guys starts getting serious after you must have discussed your lifestyles and past with each other, then you start shedding off other guys gradually. He's to do same too so that by the time your wedding is about 4 months away or more, it will be just the 2 of you..others are shed off.

But the mistake most young girls make is ..you see a guy just a week ago and you expect all his thinking to be about you like he's not been meeting girls before you, you expect him to call always and be the one to initiate chats..I just wonder. No peace-loving man would succumb to that. Then they'd come online and say men are dogs. Sometimes if you seek attention, you'll get the best by first giving it. Every responsible man has whats keeping him busy. Be a part of his hustle in ur own little way as charity and don't expect any favour in return. You'll earn more value that way. Value comes to those who don't run after it.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by iTearHerToto: 5:18pm On Apr 20, 2019
Lamentations of an overwhelmiingly ugly girl angry
Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by professorval1(m): 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
TimiRume:
You love yourself you just don't know it yet.

(quick test)Try uploading a photo of yourself on any of your social media accounts, and observe your reaction when you don't get your expected number of likes.

Not putting yourself first may be a way of protecting yourself from criticism(which is self love).

Mature people dont care how many like they get on social media.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by Preciousgirl(f): 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
professorval1:
First, you've got to realize that you'll LIVE ONLY ONCE. Once you leave the world, no coming back.

Next, always remember you'll die alone. No matter how good or loved.

Your happiness is key!

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
Preciousgirl(f) aka.EFULEFU1 (m}
Kontinu.
Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by Dacronym(m): 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2019
Preciousgirl:
I am guilty of loving others at my own expense.
I have taken the bold decision to start loving myself
Please help me
What do I need to start doing?

Thank you very much.
Take It Easy Dear. Don't overthink things too Much
Everything will be okay kiss smiley
Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by anthonyuncle(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
before u help someone next time, 1st of all, check if it'll have a negative effect on u and if u've satisfy urself in that regard.

take a good look at urself,
list ur needs, get them.
list ur wants, work towards attaining them,
list ur desires, plan towards satisfying them.
Re: How Do I Start Loving Myself? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 20, 2019
iTearHerToto:
Lamentations of an overwhelmiingly ugly girl angry
how u take know say she ugly

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On This / Bbnaija: At Last Frodd Kissed Esther / SEX With Kemi! Watch Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.