Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:34 AM

Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) (54055 Views)

The Most Powerful Military Force In Nigeria. Pictures. / GSS Kaduna Kidnap: Military In Firefight With Gang Who Kidnapped Students / The Countries With The Most Powerful Military In Africa In 2019, Nigeria Is No.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 10:36am On Apr 22, 2019
buulShits
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 22, 2019
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by martowskin1(m): 10:37am On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Sorry you are not conversant with the events at that time. The "Yom Kippur" war was planned to surprise the Israelis who were Fasting and celebrating the Jewish festival.The Soviets who had Egypt as their main ally in the middle East supplied them hundreds of tanks, scud missiles and fighter jets. USA did not do as much for the Israelis. In fact the Soviets only left Egypt a few days to the Egyptian surprise attack after training and preparing the Egyptian forces..
IDF lost almost 3000 soldiers in that war which is the highest ever for them. They overcame the initial loss which was due to the surprise attack and captured the whole Egyptian Sinai peninsula only 60 km from Cairo.
The world had to beg them to spare Egypt.
You also forgot that Syria attacked at the same time trying to take back Golan Heights.
Israel survived due to superior tactics and dedication.

But bro, make we reason am, we are talking about Israeli defense force, which army in Africa can actually stand them ....

Egypt and this guys are not mate when it come to strategy and all....

I guess Nigeria army won't last and hour with IDF

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by lloyds(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2019
Nigerian army statistics are all scam. Most of our armory and weapons are outdated and not functioning . .lets stop deceiving ourselves.

With the tuketuke guns wey our soldiers they parade about. .

4 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by babadeee(m): 10:38am On Apr 22, 2019
How come Nigeria Army make the Top 10 list, una dey mad ni, if they are talking about beating Civilian they fit make top 10 not this one Biko angry sad

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by dermmy(m): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2019
Lanretoye:
Libya has all these and they captured gadafi just like that.

Rebel forces were backed by NATO air power and other countries outside NATO that hated the Gaddafi's regime e.g Qatar. They recieved one of the best weapons in US arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2019
Thank God, Nigerian military is not there

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by lakesider(m): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2019
wizzyrich:
Nigeria could have been the number one if not for the fact that our military has been reduced to a political tool for election rigging coupled with other pressing issues.

So can't be no1 in everything

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Losing wars you mean. The Egyptian army is useless, you need to see how IDF toyed with them until Egypt begged and signed a peace treaty.
The only army I might respect in Africa would be Ethiopia and South Africa.

Egypt beat the IDF during the war in October, 1972.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by princetom1(m): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2019
wizzyrich:
Nigeria could have been the number one if not for the fact that our military has been reduced to a political tool for election rigging coupled with other pressing issues.

U no mention corruption, look at the tools these countries has, almost all of them has more than Nigeria despite us having more budget than some... The only thing we have more than others is, readily available man power

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by LadyHeaven(f): 10:40am On Apr 22, 2019
170 million people? Shocking fact is that half of that population are grossly uneducated, brain washed and unexposed but more shocking is that due to their unchecked large numbers and willingness to be manipulated by their elite few they have the power to decide who rules the entire 170 million ppl, May God have mercy lipsrsealed

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by jrusky(m): 10:41am On Apr 22, 2019
Pls remove South Africa from the list. Showing war plane does not mean you are a war goliath or a millitary goliath. South Africa has not experience any upheaval neither civil war nor terrorism and let's see may be they will still stand or chicken out.

I know what I'm saying I was born in millitary home, carrying gadgets around doesnt make you a guru but be able to apply it in no option situation and still float matters. South Africa are just bloody bread and butter millitary. They are just theoritical millitary brigade or boyscout.

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by brainstorm21(m): 10:43am On Apr 22, 2019
I don't think, that showing off by your army is a good idea...
We live in a peaceful time, we don't need army!!!
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Mzee1Kahuna(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2019
you seems to know much 'bout it

Zoharariel:
The only Country I fear on this list is Algeria.

Ok, let's take a look at some of her inventories.

Air Force

Attack: SU-24 (22 Units) and SU-34 check

Fighter: MiG-29 (32 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Attack Helicopter: Mi-24 (34 units), Mi-28 (42 units) and Mi-26 Heavy Transport (14 units)

Interceptor: MiG-25 (13 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Multirole: SU-35 (18 units)

Patrol: Fokker-F27 and SuperKing Air (3 units)

Reconnaissance: Beechcraft-1900D HISAR (6 units) and Gulfstream G-550 (3 units)

Trainer: Z-142, T-34C, L-39 (55 units) and Yak-130 (16 units)

Transport: C-130 (14 units), II-76 (14 units) and C-295 (5 units).

Army

I feel like weeping for Nigeria because if war breaks out as the spirit of orunmila is telling me, walai, you will see your mother and call her your father. grin

Ordinary Boko Haram with only Hilux Pick-ups & GPMGs, your soldiers are running into another Country's territory for cover.

Tanks: T-62 (800 units), T-72 (500 units) and T-90 (575 units).

APC/AFV: BMPT Terminator 2 (300 units), BMP-1 (685 units), BMP-2 (760 units), BMP-3 (100 units), Nimr (3000 units) and ZSU-23-4 (300 units).

Artillery: 2S3 Akatsiya (75 units), 2S1 Gvosdika (145 units), Nora B-52 (122 units) and D-30 Howitzer (160 units).

Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS): BM-14-16 (48 units), BM-21 Grad (48 units), BM-24 (30 units), BM-30 Smerch (50 units), TOS-1A (52 units) and Iskander-E (48 units).

Air Defence Systems: S-400 missile systems (4 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

S-300PMU-2 missile systems (8 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

Pantsir-S1/S2 (108 units)

Tor-M2 (48 batteries)

BUK-M2 (32 launchers)

Why the fvck was I born in this shithole in the first place? I am supposed to be a "GOC" in the Algerian, Serbian or Russian Army.

Look at how these useless cursed politicians in Abuja are endangering my life & family by leaving Nigeria vulnerable to attacks & invasion?

Out of all these military equipments that I've listed so far, Nigeria only has 1 Transport (C-130 Hercules), a handful of Mi-35 Helos and maybe 20 units of T-72 Battle tanks.

I mean how could a whole giant of Afrika not have an S-300 or S-400 to secure our airspace & prevent missiles from Cameroun, Ghana & Kenya from landing on our heads?

And Instead of the bastards to go to Russia and order dozens of SU-30, MiG-29, SU-34, the bastards went to Amerika to waste $496 Million on 12 useless & decommissioned aircrafts called Tucanos.

Ogun will kill anybody that will quote me and ask how we will maintain these aircrafts. How are Egypt, Ethiopia, Algeria & South Afrika maintaining theirs?

Only 4 out of the 7 ww2 era F-7 jets bought by Ebele Jonathan are currently operational.

Boko Haram shot one down with Bazooka in Adamawa about 4 years ago and 2 collided during the independence day training last year.

They sit down in Abuja doing absolutely nothing to curb the growing menace of insecurity & insurgency.

The only thing they're good at is looting & embezzling the treasury without making any future plans for the Country.

Ordinary 30,000Naira minimum wage, they cannot sacrifice to put smiles on the faces of the ever beaten & battered citizenry.

They will ask you whether you're praying for war to justify their ineptitude & incompetence - with their dead-brains, forgetting that to be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.

20years ago, nobody had anticipated that Nigeria would ever be at the mercy of a rag-tag terrorist organization (Boko Haram) - negotiating with them & even paying them ransoms.

As you make your bed, so must you lie on it.

Let me round up my list before I retire to the nearest beer parlour for the Easter jubilation, gyration, celebration & fornication.

Navy

Submarines: Project 636 (4 units), Project 877EKM (2 units) and the Romeo-Class Submarine (2 units).

Amphibious Warfare Vessels: San Giorgio-class assault ship (1 unit) and Kalat Beni Hammed (2 units).

Frigates: Koni-class frigates (3 units) and Meko-A200 (2 units).

Corvette: Adhafer-class (3 units), Nanuchka-class (3 units) and Djebel Chenoua-class (4 units).

I leave you with a video of the Algerian Army S-400Triumf in Action.

Until we meet again, I remain Zoharariel Underscore Obatala a.k.a Iskander-M of Ijebuland. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDX2Mh_QVmQ
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Kenturkey048(m): 10:44am On Apr 22, 2019
With Nigeria being 4th position..then I know this list na wash
.apart from Egypt.
Nothing come..Nigeria don't have military...we only have touts on camouflage .

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2019
iaamxavier:
I think No 1 should be cameroon
Followed by Niger
you don't know what you are saying!
Before cameroon can't return peace to sw and nw regions ravaged by Dane gun carrying ambazomia fighters? undecided
Mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by bkool7(m): 10:45am On Apr 22, 2019
lordm:
Egypt is surely number one

Egypt that Israel dealt with with both hands tied

Let's just Africans have no military

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by chrisxxx(m): 10:46am On Apr 22, 2019
FiftyFifty:

That war known as "The War in October", was lost by Egypt not because of the IDF firepower but because of the US direct involvement. That's a known fact in the military circle. This isn't denying the fact that IDF is strong especially in recent times.
Just as Britain interfered in Nigeria/Biafra exchange.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by noisy45(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2019
I knew that Egypt will top the list because they have enough American and Israeli weapons while Nigeria continues to buy weapon from the black market with the help of South Africa Arm companies

Useless country
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by lloyds(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2019
jrusky:
Pls remove South Africa from the list. Showing war plane does not mean you are a war goliath or a millitary goliath. South Africa has not experience any upheaval neither civil war nor terrorism and let's see may be they will still stand or chicken out.

I know what I'm saying I was born in millitary home, carrying gadgets around doesnt make you a guru but be able to apply it in no option situation and still float matters. South Africa are just bloody bread and butter millitary. They are just theoritical millitary brigade or boyscout.

The statistics are based on the quantity of your military assets and not mind or will strength.

America is seen major world power becoz of the mass / deposit of her military armory. . some countries like Syria, Vietnam have soldiers with tougher minds and zeal.

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2019
aishmuhd:
To me,
my country Nigeria is still the No 1..Nigeria as a country has helped restored peace in so many African countries we all kwn are breathing fresh air today..eg Liberia, South African etc.. Why can't any of the 1,2,and 3 help proffer a solution to our security problems, just the way Nigeria have leading other African countries solved theirs.....because they (African Soldiers) known we stand the best if not all these corrupt leaders mis-leading themselves.
This shows that you don't understand anything about the war in the Northeast of Nigeria. Book haram can't last this long if not for the political undertone that you and a lot of people don't know of. Let me tell you that if the President orders the military to bring down those Book boys and the military genuinely carries out that command. In less than 3 months you won't hear of them. The leaders in the North love the money the swindle from the oil account to fight book boys. No book haram, no money.
Talking about other military assisting us, you only assist the person who asks for your assistance and is ready to accept one despite what he is suffering.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by AngelicBeing: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2019
Zoharariel:
The only Country I fear on this list is Algeria.

Ok, let's take a look at some of her inventories.

Air Force

Attack: SU-24 (22 Units) and SU-34 check

Fighter: MiG-29 (32 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Attack Helicopter: Mi-24 (34 units), Mi-28 (42 units) and Mi-26 Heavy Transport (14 units)

Interceptor: MiG-25 (13 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Multirole: SU-35 (18 units)

Patrol: Fokker-F27 and SuperKing Air (3 units)

Reconnaissance: Beechcraft-1900D HISAR (6 units) and Gulfstream G-550 (3 units)

Trainer: Z-142, T-34C, L-39 (55 units) and Yak-130 (16 units)

Transport: C-130 (14 units), II-76 (14 units) and C-295 (5 units).

Army

I feel like weeping for Nigeria because if war breaks out as the spirit of orunmila is telling me, walai, you will see your mother and call her your father. grin

Ordinary Boko Haram with only Hilux Pick-ups & GPMGs, your soldiers are running into another Country's territory for cover.

Tanks: T-62 (800 units), T-72 (500 units) and T-90 (575 units).

APC/AFV: BMPT Terminator 2 (300 units), BMP-1 (685 units), BMP-2 (760 units), BMP-3 (100 units), Nimr (3000 units) and ZSU-23-4 (300 units).

Artillery: 2S3 Akatsiya (75 units), 2S1 Gvosdika (145 units), Nora B-52 (122 units) and D-30 Howitzer (160 units).

Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS): BM-14-16 (48 units), BM-21 Grad (48 units), BM-24 (30 units), BM-30 Smerch (50 units), TOS-1A (52 units) and Iskander-E (48 units).

Air Defence Systems: S-400 missile systems (4 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

S-300PMU-2 missile systems (8 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

Pantsir-S1/S2 (108 units)

Tor-M2 (48 batteries)

BUK-M2 (32 launchers)

Why the fvck was I born in this shithole in the first place? I am supposed to be a "GOC" in the Algerian, Serbian or Russian Army.

Look at how these useless cursed politicians in Abuja are endangering my life & family by leaving Nigeria vulnerable to attacks & invasion?

Out of all these military equipments that I've listed so far, Nigeria only has 1 Transport (C-130 Hercules), a handful of Mi-35 Helos and maybe 20 units of T-72 Battle tanks.

I mean how could a whole giant of Afrika not have an S-300 or S-400 to secure our airspace & prevent missiles from Cameroun, Ghana & Kenya from landing on our heads?

And Instead of the bastards to go to Russia and order dozens of SU-30, MiG-29, SU-34, the bastards went to Amerika to waste $496 Million on 12 useless & decommissioned aircrafts called Tucanos.

Ogun will kill anybody that will quote me and ask how we will maintain these aircrafts. How are Egypt, Ethiopia, Algeria & South Afrika maintaining theirs?

Only 4 out of the 7 ww2 era F-7 jets bought by Ebele Jonathan are currently operational.

Boko Haram shot one down with Bazooka in Adamawa about 4 years ago and 2 collided during the independence day training last year.

They sit down in Abuja doing absolutely nothing to curb the growing menace of insecurity & insurgency.

The only thing they're good at is looting & embezzling the treasury without making any future plans for the Country.

Ordinary 30,000Naira minimum wage, they cannot sacrifice to put smiles on the faces of the ever beaten & battered citizenry.

They will ask you whether you're praying for war to justify their ineptitude & incompetence - with their dead-brains, forgetting that to be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.

20years ago, nobody had anticipated that Nigeria would ever be at the mercy of a rag-tag terrorist organization (Boko Haram) - negotiating with them & even paying them ransoms.

As you make your bed, so must you lie on it.

Let me round up my list before I retire to the nearest beer parlour for the Easter jubilation, gyration, celebration & fornication.

Navy

Submarines: Project 636 (4 units), Project 877EKM (2 units) and the Romeo-Class Submarine (2 units).

Amphibious Warfare Vessels: San Giorgio-class assault ship (1 unit) and Kalat Beni Hammed (2 units).

Frigates: Koni-class frigates (3 units) and Meko-A200 (2 units).

Corvette: Adhafer-class (3 units), Nanuchka-class (3 units) and Djebel Chenoua-class (4 units).

I leave you with a video of the Algerian Army S-400Triumf in Action.

Until we meet again, I remain Zoharariel Underscore Obatala a.k.a Iskander-M of Ijebuland. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDX2Mh_QVmQ
l agree with your post grin

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by ednut1(m): 10:52am On Apr 22, 2019
Lanretoye:
Libya has all these and they captured gadafi just like that.
nato crippled him

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by lloyds(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2019
Nigerian Army that pick race any time thy seem boko boys coming. . They are supposed to be called boys scout.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by reservd(m): 10:53am On Apr 22, 2019
Top 10 military in Africa, North Africa has 5 of its own amongst it, what if that region decides to take on any other part of Africa? It's definitely gobe
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by jrusky(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2019
lloyds:

The statistics are based on the quantity of your military assets and not mind or will strength.

America is seen major world power becoz of the mass / deposit of her military armory. . some countries like Syria, Vietnam have soldiers with tougher minds and zeal.

Bro I'm not blaming NL OP as per the post but those who compiled the list on wikipaede are just playing pranks to big up South Africa heads to make them feel belonging.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by olaolaking: 10:55am On Apr 22, 2019
lottomkyes200:
putting Nigeria in that 5th position was wrong because all this equipment you said we have I swear 60% are not in good condition. I have fact if we do have then in good condition our soldiers will not be running for their lives before book haram.
You an ignorant. You think you can use any weapon the way you like? Many of you don't know that there are rules and regulations on when to use a particular weapon.

Just talking thrash

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by omo1478(m): 10:55am On Apr 22, 2019
BafanaBafana:
People who put this together only know our Army on paper. Boko Haram is scared of Chadian army, Cameroonian army and even Niger Army. But Nigerian Army is their play thing.
Yes my brother. But remember that those countries that you mentioned does not play politics with their own army, like what Nigeria is doing.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's Senators' Earnings - Channels TV / Live Election Results From Edo State / Military Captures Injured Boko Haram Commander In Konduga Battle 18th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.