Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,514 members, 7,843,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) (54043 Views)

The Most Powerful Military Force In Nigeria. Pictures. / GSS Kaduna Kidnap: Military In Firefight With Gang Who Kidnapped Students / The Countries With The Most Powerful Military In Africa In 2019, Nigeria Is No.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Classworked(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2019
jrusky:
Pls remove South Africa from the list. Showing war plane does not mean you are a war goliath or a millitary goliath. South Africa has not experience any upheaval neither civil war nor terrorism and let's see may be they will still stand or chicken out.

I know what I'm saying I was born in millitary home, carrying gadgets around doesnt make you a guru but be able to apply it in no option situation and still float matters. South Africa are just bloody bread and butter millitary. They are just theoritical millitary brigade or boyscout.

Same thing people say about China in recent times. But do you know that South African mercenaries are used to check and fight terrorism in Africa? They are mixed with professionals who have been to extreme places. When one of those group of mercenaries left Nigeria, we started loosing the war against terrorism again.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Yujin(m): 12:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Going by this rankings, central Africa is the weakest sub-region followed by West Africa.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by adelaja70(m): 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
lloyds:

Israel cannot be wipped out, the hand of God is upon them. . even if America remove their help, help will still find them. Israeli Military has high level intelligence.
Chai! MOSSAD..
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by luluman: 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2019
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Afonja007: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
FiftyFifty:

That war known as "The War in October", was lost by Egypt not because of the IDF firepower but because of the US direct involvement. That's a known fact in the military circle. This isn't denying the fact that IDF is strong especially in recent times.
in 1948 israel defeated all arab armies with with just population of 500000 against Arabs of 50 million, in 1967 Israel again defeated Egypt Syria jordan in 6 days war again, Egypt attacked Israel again in that October 1973 Israel Later occupied Suez canal ,1982 Israel distroyed all Syrian war plane in dog fight,no Muslim nation can ever face Israel and go Scot free,remember if Israel wants to distroy all Arab nation today they will do it 200 nuclear bombs no be moi moi undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Yujin(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
SmartyPants:

I didn't say they all left.

What does manufacturing aircraft have to do with having a strong military?

Nigeria may not make our own bullets but we make our own armored personnel carriers and even some water vessels, so what's your point?
Lol. Caliber of armoured personnel carrier you manufacture is those used against militia groups and not for a national army. Are you serious with those questions you asked? Any country that can't manufacture bullets are not fit to protect her territorial integrity. Do you know SA manufacture guided missiles? You better wake up from slumber. Nigeria is still far back in the 1930s according to military standards. No Submarine with your vast shorelines? Mr man you're dreaming.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by RTdgood: 12:34pm On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Sorry you are not conversant with the events at that time. The "Yom Kippur" war was planned to surprise the Israelis who were Fasting and celebrating the Jewish festival.The Soviets who had Egypt as their main ally in the middle East supplied them hundreds of tanks, scud missiles and fighter jets. USA did not do as much for the Israelis. In fact the Soviets only left Egypt a few days to the Egyptian surprise attack after training and preparing the Egyptian forces..
IDF lost almost 3000 soldiers in that war which is the highest ever for them. They overcame the initial loss which was due to the surprise attack and captured the whole Egyptian Sinai peninsula only 60 km from Cairo.
The world had to beg them to spare Egypt.
You also forgot that Syria attacked at the same time trying to take back Golan Heights.
Israel survived due to superior tactics and dedication.
can you tell me why American pays Egypt Billions of dollars in military aids every year for Isreal security
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Basher8583: 12:36pm On Apr 22, 2019
lottomkyes200:
putting Nigeria in that 5th position was wrong because all this equipment you said we have I swear 60% are not in good condition. I have fact if we do have then in good condition our soldiers will not be running for their lives before book haram.
So putting Biafra in tne first position is what you want abi. Hater/serial loser
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Skiilashi(m): 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
Nigeria number 5.

Yet we don't have a single submarine.

Still looking to buy weapons to fight the enemies within. This is so funny

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by madridsta007(m): 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2019
SmartyPants:

Let me ask you this. In the post colonial period, is there any army in Africa that has ever fought and successfully defeated a rag tag group of fighters like you put it?

While you search for answers let me then ask, is there any army in modern history that has ever successfully defeated such a group?

Do you think there is a reason for that?

The military hasn’t been able to quell the terrorists attacks by Boko Haram, ISWAP and the Herdsmen because they are lacking intelligence capabilities— asides their multitude of other problems. Without proper intelligence, a military force is simply a civilian-like riot group with arms.

Conventional armies are ill-equipped and lack the capacity to defeat terror when these conventional army operate on foreign soil. It’s simple. When foreign armies fight terror in foreign groups, they loose as the locals— where the terror groups gain support— see them as colonialist invaders. For example, the US Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Nigerian case is quite similar to terror attacks in the West. The British do not need to deploy the Royal Marines or Navy; they use the MI5 in intelligence. The Nigerian Army has no viable intelligence unit. Hence the intractable “war” which they’ve effectively lost. The failure of intelligence is the failure of the Army. I don’t know why we want to sugarcoat things.

Unless for reasons of delusional patriotism, they should never be put as Top 10 fighting force in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Mescana22(m): 1:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
I'm not surprised about Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and all this country close to Middle East. always battle Ready. For the fact that Israel dealt with Egypt doesn't mean they are weak, Israel is a country I don't know how and what magic they're using. Earlier this year there fighter jets bombed and destroyed Almighty S-400 in Syria, Any Iranian base in Lebanon and Syria ,Israel is bombing the hell outta m despite air defenses, so no country Is a match, but in Africa Egypt is number one1, no dounts those guys has fought war even with God himself, Lol.
And as for Nigeria, Ghana alone has more active fire power, we should be contesting for boys scout not military, Chad is another country that has bloody fearless soldiers in fight BH ,ordinary Ipob without gun dey b beat our army sef grin

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by hotklasicboi: 1:21pm On Apr 22, 2019
FiftyFifty:

That war known as "The War in October", was lost by Egypt not because of the IDF firepower but because of the US direct involvement. That's a known fact in the military circle. This isn't denying the fact that IDF is strong especially in recent times.
him

hmmmmm!!!but Egypt also had USSR as a strategic partner too..

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by kayjay69(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2019
Brother I don't even know how we ended up 5th on that list higher than Kenya.
Zoharariel:
The only Country I fear on this list is Algeria.

Ok, let's take a look at some of her inventories.

Air Force

Attack: SU-24 (22 Units) and SU-34 check

Fighter: MiG-29 (32 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Attack Helicopter: Mi-24 (34 units), Mi-28 (42 units) and Mi-26 Heavy Transport (14 units)

Interceptor: MiG-25 (13 units) and SU-30 (58 units)

Multirole: SU-35 (18 units)

Patrol: Fokker-F27 and SuperKing Air (3 units)

Reconnaissance: Beechcraft-1900D HISAR (6 units) and Gulfstream G-550 (3 units)

Trainer: Z-142, T-34C, L-39 (55 units) and Yak-130 (16 units)

Transport: C-130 (14 units), II-76 (14 units) and C-295 (5 units).

Army

I feel like weeping for Nigeria because if war breaks out as the spirit of orunmila is telling me, walai, you will see your mother and call her your father. grin

Ordinary Boko Haram with only Hilux Pick-ups & GPMGs, your soldiers are running into another Country's territory for cover.

Tanks: T-62 (800 units), T-72 (500 units) and T-90 (575 units).

APC/AFV: BMPT Terminator 2 (300 units), BMP-1 (685 units), BMP-2 (760 units), BMP-3 (100 units), Nimr (3000 units) and ZSU-23-4 (300 units).

Artillery: 2S3 Akatsiya (75 units), 2S1 Gvosdika (145 units), Nora B-52 (122 units) and D-30 Howitzer (160 units).

Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS): BM-14-16 (48 units), BM-21 Grad (48 units), BM-24 (30 units), BM-30 Smerch (50 units), TOS-1A (52 units) and Iskander-E (48 units).

Air Defence Systems: S-400 missile systems (4 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

S-300PMU-2 missile systems (8 regiments: one regiment consists of 12 launchers of 4 missiles each).

Pantsir-S1/S2 (108 units)

Tor-M2 (48 batteries)

BUK-M2 (32 launchers)

Why the fvck was I born in this shithole in the first place? I am supposed to be a "GOC" in the Algerian, Serbian or Russian Army.

Look at how these useless cursed politicians in Abuja are endangering my life & family by leaving Nigeria vulnerable to attacks & invasion?

Out of all these military equipments that I've listed so far, Nigeria only has 1 Transport (C-130 Hercules), a handful of Mi-35 Helos and maybe 20 units of T-72 Battle tanks.

I mean how could a whole giant of Afrika not have an S-300 or S-400 to secure our airspace & prevent missiles from Cameroun, Ghana & Kenya from landing on our heads?

And Instead of the bastards to go to Russia and order dozens of SU-30, MiG-29, SU-34, the bastards went to Amerika to waste $496 Million on 12 useless & decommissioned aircrafts called Tucanos.

Ogun will kill anybody that will quote me and ask how we will maintain these aircrafts. How are Egypt, Ethiopia, Algeria & South Afrika maintaining theirs?

Only 4 out of the 7 ww2 era F-7 jets bought by Ebele Jonathan are currently operational.

Boko Haram shot one down with Bazooka in Adamawa about 4 years ago and 2 collided during the independence day training last year.

They sit down in Abuja doing absolutely nothing to curb the growing menace of insecurity & insurgency.

The only thing they're good at is looting & embezzling the treasury without making any future plans for the Country.

Ordinary 30,000Naira minimum wage, they cannot sacrifice to put smiles on the faces of the ever beaten & battered citizenry.

They will ask you whether you're praying for war to justify their ineptitude & incompetence - with their dead-brains, forgetting that to be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace.

20years ago, nobody had anticipated that Nigeria would ever be at the mercy of a rag-tag terrorist organization (Boko Haram) - negotiating with them & even paying them ransoms.

As you make your bed, so must you lie on it.

Let me round up my list before I retire to the nearest beer parlour for the Easter jubilation, gyration, celebration & fornication.

Navy

Submarines: Project 636 (4 units), Project 877EKM (2 units) and the Romeo-Class Submarine (2 units).

Amphibious Warfare Vessels: San Giorgio-class assault ship (1 unit) and Kalat Beni Hammed (2 units).

Frigates: Koni-class frigates (3 units) and Meko-A200 (2 units).

Corvette: Adhafer-class (3 units), Nanuchka-class (3 units) and Djebel Chenoua-class (4 units).

I leave you with a video of the Algerian Army S-400Triumf in Action.

Until we meet again, I remain Zoharariel Underscore Obatala a.k.a Iskander-M of Ijebuland. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDX2Mh_QVmQ
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by MrBONE2(m): 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2019
wizzyrich:
Nigeria could have been the number one if not for the fact that our military has been reduced to a political tool for election rigging coupled with other pressing issues.

grin grin grin

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 2:17pm On Apr 22, 2019
madridsta007:

The military hasn’t been able to quell the terrorists attacks by Boko Haram, ISWAP and the Herdsmen because they are lacking intelligence capabilities— asides their multitude of other problems. Without proper intelligence, a military force is simply a civilian-like riot group with arms.

Conventional armies are ill-equipped and lack the capacity to defeat terror when these conventional army operate on foreign soil. It’s simple. When foreign armies fight terror in foreign groups, they loose as the locals— where the terror groups gain support— see them as colonialist invaders. For example, the US Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. The Nigerian case is quite similar to terror attacks in the West. The British do not need to deploy the Royal Marines or Navy; they use the MI5 in intelligence. The Nigerian Army has no viable intelligence unit. Hence the intractable “war” which they’ve effectively lost. The failure of intelligence is the failure of the Army. I don’t know why we want to sugarcoat things.

Unless for reasons of delusional patriotism, they should never be put as Top 10 fighting force in Africa.

@ bolded, vastly different. but i'll come back to that.

My first question, since this is a comparison of African countries, which country in Africa has every successfully outfought an insurgent group? Don't forget there are over 30 such groups in operation all over Africa. Has Egypt defeated their own? Kenya? Answer this question too.

Back to comparing the Nigerian situation with the Western situation. There is a vast difference.

1. The Nigerian army when it operates in the North is considered an invasive force. Local communities are cooperating with the insurgents. That's the fact. The Nigerian army operates in the north under the same condition coalition forces operated in in places like Afghanistan and Iraq.
2. Boko haram has a large physical presence within Nigeria (again, because it does have local support), compounded by porous borders with difficult neighbors. Do the westerners have to deal with that?
3. Nigeria has a difficult geographical problem given its proximity to Libya and Mali through which arms and fighters flow into Nigeria.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2019
Yujin:

Lol. Caliber of armoured personnel carrier you manufacture is those used against militia groups and not for a national army. Are you serious with those questions you asked? Any country that can't manufacture bullets are not fit to protect her territorial integrity. Do you know SA manufacture guided missiles? You better wake up from slumber. Nigeria is still far back in the 1930s according to military standards. No Submarine with your vast shorelines? Mr man you're dreaming.

You should have just answered my question to the best of your ability instead of forcing yourself down the same tangent you are on. It was a simple question and let me illustrate the answer.

We start with economics. There are very few countries in the world that produce all their weapons for themselves. It doesn't make economic sense. You instead follow the principle of comparative advantage and you produce only where necessary, and you buy the rest where necessary.

Israel gets the majority of its weapons from the USA till today. France and UK too buy from the USA. So does Nigeria.

So my question as to the relevance of producing your bullets is rephrased this way: If you make your own weapons over there in South Africa, and I buy my own from USA, who then has the better weapons? Is manufacturing capability then a factor in quality of weapons at ones disposal? Reason it for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by madridsta007(m): 2:30pm On Apr 22, 2019
SmartyPants:

@ bolded, vastly different. but i'll come back to that.

My first question, since this is a comparison of African countries, which country in Africa has every successfully outfought an insurgent group? Don't forget there are over 30 such groups in operation all over Africa. Has Egypt defeated their own? Kenya? Answer this question too.

Back to comparing the Nigerian situation with the Western situation. There is a vast difference.

1. The Nigerian army when it operates in the North is considered an invasive force. Local communities are cooperating with the insurgents. That's the fact. The Nigerian army operates in the north under the same condition coalition forces operated in in places like Afghanistan and Iraq.
2. Boko haram has a large physical presence within Nigeria (again, because it does have local support), compounded by porous borders with difficult neighbors. Do the westerners have to deal with that?
3. Nigeria has a difficult geographical problem given its proximity to Libya and Mali through which arms and fighters flow into Nigeria.

Currently Boko Haram and ISWAP control swathes of territories in the North East and the border towns with Lake Chad. They may not be having flags there as before, however they visit there at will. The Nigerian Army has been pushed back from those towns and the local populace have either fled or simply pay tax to these insurgent groups. This sounds like failure to me.

Currently in the North West, the Nigerian Army is battling bandits groups in Sokoko, Zamfara, Jigawa, Kaduna and Katsina. These groups kill, maim and kidnap at will. This has continued till today, despite the Army waging a so-called war in these areas. Again, this is failure to me.

While Kenya and Egypt has its own similar problems, they are certainly not at the failure level of Nigeria and its Army. Hence the United States warning for Kenya and Egypt is low in comparison to these areas in Nigeria where the department of state have advised that, "all but essential travels should be avoided." [https://ng.usembassy.gov/nigeria-travel-warning-2/]

It is simply a failure of intelligence and a failure of the Nigerian Army. Again, we should stop giving funny explanations to failure. It does not show accountability.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by wingmanII: 2:31pm On Apr 22, 2019
RTdgood:
can you tell me why American pays Egypt Billions of dollars in military aids every year for Isreal security

America cannot pay Egypt a dime for Israel 's security. Doesn't it sound ridiculous to you? On what basis?
American aid to Egypt is the cost of displacing the USSR. America do not want Russian influence in the Middle East. If Egypt does not get aid from US, it will simply run back to Russia.
Do you follow up events in Syria? US and Russia are still struggling for control their, though in a subtle manner.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by JuanDeDios: 2:40pm On Apr 22, 2019
wizzyrich:
Nigeria could have been the number one if not for the fact that our military has been reduced to a political tool for election rigging coupled with other pressing issues.
This is old data. Nigeria today is not in the top ten.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by JuanDeDios: 2:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
jrusky:
Pls remove South Africa from the list. Showing war plane does not mean you are a war goliath or a millitary goliath. South Africa has not experience any upheaval neither civil war nor terrorism and let's see may be they will still stand or chicken out.

I know what I'm saying I was born in millitary home, carrying gadgets around doesnt make you a guru but be able to apply it in no option situation and still float matters. South Africa are just bloody bread and butter millitary. They are just theoritical millitary brigade or boyscout.
Your words, almost verbatim, were what the Japanese told themselves before they attacked Pearl Habor - the Americans are bread and butter folks who can't handle the rigors of war. You know what they did to the Japanese. Google it if you don't.

I doubt you know anything about the Southies' military technological advancement or the role their mercenaries have played in wars throughout Africa's modern history.

2 Likes

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by SmartyPants(m): 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2019
madridsta007:

Currently Boko Haram and ISWAP control swathes of territories in the North East and the border towns with Lake Chad. They may not be having flags there as before, however they visit there at will. The Nigerian Army has been pushed back from those towns and the local populace have either fled or simply pay tax to these insurgent groups. This sounds like failure to me.

Currently in the North West, the Nigerian Army is battling bandits groups in Sokoko, Zamfara, Jigawa, Kaduna and Katsina. These groups kill, maim and kidnap at will. This has continued till today, despite the Army waging a so-called war in these areas. Again, this is failure to me.

While Kenya and Egypt has its own similar problems, they are certainly not at the failure level of Nigeria and its Army. Hence the United States warning for Kenya and Egypt is low in comparison to these areas in Nigeria where the department of state have advised that, "all but essential travels should be avoided." [https://ng.usembassy.gov/nigeria-travel-warning-2/]

It is simply a failure of intelligence and a failure of the Nigerian Army. Again, we should stop giving funny explanations to failure. It does not show accountability.

How did we get here? We are talking about African militaries and you are talking about accountability which is a political issue. The question of excuses does not even arise. I never even said that the Nigeria army has not failed in containing the threat...where did that issue even arise?

I showed you the local factors that make the Nigerian situation similar to the situations faced by western forces in the middle east as a reply to your comment that the situations are different. What does accountability have to do with this?

Egypt and Kenya are not facing the same entity. Kenya is facing al shabab which is not even based on Kenay but Somalia whereas boko haram is spread out over a huge geographical area with a steady source of recruits.

the threats Egypt faces are also not as intense and that makes it even more telling, that they have not been able to quell them.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by emuyi(m): 3:03pm On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Sorry you are not conversant with the events at that time. The "Yom Kippur" war was planned to surprise the Israelis who were Fasting and celebrating the Jewish festival.The Soviets who had Egypt as their main ally in the middle East supplied them hundreds of tanks, scud missiles and fighter jets. USA did not do as much for the Israelis. In fact the Soviets only left Egypt a few days to the Egyptian surprise attack after training and preparing the Egyptian forces..
IDF lost almost 3000 soldiers in that war which is the highest ever for them. They overcame the initial loss which was due to the surprise attack and captured the whole Egyptian Sinai peninsula only 60 km from Cairo.
The world had to beg them to spare Egypt.
You also forgot that Syria attacked at the same time trying to take back Golan Heights.
Israel survived due to superior tactics and dedication.
don't mind him, he has probably forgotten the 1948 Arab war against Israel and how Israel dealt with, he probably doesn't even know about the 6 days in June when Egypt declared a war but a preemptive strike ended all their effort and the president of Egypt was forced to resign because no one could comprehend how he lost after getting so much supports from neighbouring countries.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by emuyi(m): 3:12pm On Apr 22, 2019
RTdgood:
pls always get your fact from correct sources and not just anywhere.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Edyice: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
[/b] who put Nigeria there shocked [b]

Nigeria should be in 35 position

See how boko haram
Harassing innocent people upandown
35 position is good for them ...
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Ugo4hotish(m): 3:35pm On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Losing wars you mean. The Egyptian army is useless, you need to see how IDF toyed with them until Egypt begged and signed a peace treaty.
The only army I might respect in Africa would be Ethiopia and South Africa.

Mr Know it all, Egypt won the Suez carnal war against Britain even before they got independence...
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by madridsta007(m): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
SmartyPants:

How did we get here? We are talking about African militaries and you are talking about accountability which is a political issue. The question of excuses does not even arise. I never even said that the Nigeria army has not failed in containing the threat...where did that issue even arise?

I showed you the local factors that make the Nigerian situation similar to the situations faced by western forces in the middle east as a reply to your comment that the situations are different. What does accountability have to do with this?

Egypt and Kenya are not facing the same entity. Kenya is facing al shabab which is not even based on Kenay but Somalia whereas boko haram is spread out over a huge geographical area with a steady source of recruits.

the threats Egypt faces are also not as intense and that makes it even more telling, that they have not been able to quell them.

I think you are missing my point. Or I have missed your point— which is a shame as I find your intervention quite important here.

My point is simple. Nigeria Army should not be put in the top 10 of the best Armies in Africa. Perhaps Top 10 in peacekeeping. But not as an Army overall. They do not have the capacity or have shown the competence in intelligence— intelligence gathering, analysing and execution, which is needed in modern. We can, of course as Nigerians, make excuses for them; but as long as we have the evidence of these failures in intelligence, which include a litany of “tactical withdrawal videos” online, the truth is very simple as most know.

1 Like

Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by jrusky(m): 4:22pm On Apr 22, 2019
JuanDeDios:

Your words, almost verbatim, were what the Japanese told themselves before they attacked Pearl Habor - the Americans are bread and butter folks who can't handle the rigors of war. You know what they did to the Japanese. Google it if you don't.

I doubt you know anything about the Southies' military technological advancement or the role their mercenaries have played in wars throughout Africa's modern history.

Oh really thanks for all you have said but thanking you does not mean I buy South Africa pooh nonsense I don't and I won't ok.

And as I have told a folk in my response I swear South Africa ain't worth a country to waste my little time on on anything I mean absolutely anything so if what you are saying is truth or false I don't buy it. I have moved on to better topic. No offense ok.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by wingmanII: 4:42pm On Apr 22, 2019
Ugo4hotish:

Mr Know it all, Egypt won the Suez carnal war against Britain even before they got independence...

Funny guy! Egypt defeat Britain? Hallucinating.
USA and UN forced Britain to withdraw. Go and read it up.
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Yujin(m): 4:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
SmartyPants:

You should have just answered my question to the best of your ability instead of forcing yourself down the same tangent you are on. It was a simple question and let me illustrate the answer.

We start with economics. There are very few countries in the world that produce all their weapons for themselves. It doesn't make economic sense. You instead follow the principle of comparative advantage and you produce only where necessary, and you buy the rest where necessary.

Israel gets the majority of its weapons from the USA till today. France and UK too buy from the USA. So does Nigeria.

So my question as to the relevance of producing your bullets is rephrased this way: If you make your own weapons over there in South Africa, and I buy my own from USA, who then has the better weapons? Is manufacturing capability then a factor in quality of weapons at ones disposal? Reason it for yourself.

You're just making a fuss were it's unnecessary. Countries with expertise in military hardware production will always have an edge over those who will depend entirely on purchases from outside. As for comparative advantage, we all know that it's applicable everywhere even in ordinary food production which Nigeria is grossly in won't of. You can't even feed your teeming populace. Just google the military hard of SA and Nigeria and compare for yourself. Nigeria is not even close. Averagely, when you think of SA, you only see the black South Africans but you forget that the white folks over there are still part and parcel of the country and they are still running the most sensitive departments of the land. Nigeria will be taken seriously when she starts producing rudimentary ammunition like ordinary bullets. Without submarines your navy are just sitting ducks and I can wager that even next 10yrs to come you still won't be able to maintain one. Lol
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Cadec007(m): 4:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
wingmanII:

Losing wars you mean. The Egyptian army is useless, you need to see how IDF toyed with them until Egypt begged and signed a peace treaty.
The only army I might respect in Africa would be Ethiopia and South Africa.
i agree
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Cadec007(m): 4:52pm On Apr 22, 2019
uckennety:

Nigerian army is toyed by Boko Haram! Am sure the can't try it with Egyptian military

So Nigeria is irrelevant and is Apc personal rigging machine
we dont know much about Egyptian politics bro.... For all we know that so called army might be divided by a lot of things, factions and politicians...
Re: Most Powerful Military In Africa 2019 (strongest And Best) by Cadec007(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2019
aishmuhd:
To me,
my country Nigeria is still the No 1..Nigeria as a country has helped restored peace in so many African countries we all kwn are breathing fresh air today..eg Liberia, South African etc.. Why can't any of the 1,2,and 3 help proffer a solution to our security problems, just the way Nigeria have leading other African countries solved theirs.....because they (African Soldiers) known we stand the best if not all these corrupt leaders mis-leading themselves.
i feel the same bro, i keep saying it, Nigeria isn't an aggressive nation...... Look at all these nations spending big on military, they are surrounded by enemies and constant wars...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Wins Katsina With 1,232,133 Votes (daily Trust) / Amaechi Inspects Trains Built For Nigeria In China, Takes Delivery Of More / Helen Atekha Odemwingie Suspended For Wearing Police Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.