Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Toyota Matrix Starting Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Matrix Starting Problems (1492 Views)

Where Is The Engine Number Of Toyota Matrix Located? / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy / I Just Got My First Car!!!!! Toyota Matrix 2005 Toks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by BishopSal: 8:31am On Apr 23, 2019
I will want experts in the house to help. For weeks now my toyota matrix 2005 has had starting issue. It will cramk but wont start. But sometimes it will start. The electricians have tried to find the problem but no solution. They've made me change the brain box but the problem is persisting... any expert advice pls will be very helpful. Thanks
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by larrixauto2017(m): 8:53am On Apr 23, 2019
BishopSal:
I will want experts in the house to help. For weeks now my toyota matrix 2005 has had starting issue. It will cramk but wont start. But sometimes it will start. The electricians have tried to find the problem but no solution. They've made me change the brain box but the problem is persisting... any expert advice pls will be very helpful. Thanks
Hello sir. So many things can cause a car not to start. But first my advice is to go and run a scan on it. And if yot want an home service for the scanning let me know
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by BishopSal: 10:18am On Apr 23, 2019
Pls where is your location. I am in Taraba and I'm not sure we have scanners here. Let me hear from you

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by larrixauto2017(m): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2019
BishopSal:
Pls where is your location. I am in Taraba and I'm not sure we have scanners here. Let me hear from you
. Taraba! Sir am in lagos oh. If you can get a well equipped workshop that has modern diagnostic tools to help you out. Thank you
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by blackwood(m): 8:52am On Apr 24, 2019
BishopSal:
Since you have no scanner around you, it would be difficult to pin point the problem. I had a similar problem with starting my corolla and most auto electricians were asking me to change the brain box but I doubted them.
I solved mine by changing the crankshaft position sensor and Coolant temperature sensor and I've had no problem ever since. Make sure you also have a good battery and your injectors are in good condition.
Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by autologic: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2019
BishopSal:
Get a electrician that knows how to handle basic multimeter with knowledge of basic electrical and give me a call ,i can give you a remote support in my spare time .

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by autologic: 9:19am On Apr 24, 2019
blackwood:

Since you have no scanner around you, it would be difficult to pin point the problem. I had a similar problem with starting my corolla and most auto electricians were asking me to change the brain box but I doubted them.
I solved mine by changing the crankshaft position sensor and Coolant temperature sensor and I've had no problem ever sseeo have a good battery and your injectors are in good condition.
I respectfully disagree ,scanner is just like other tools to increase the efficiency of doing work .Too much emphasise on this scanner thing self ,it is the human brain that diagnose, analyse and fix and not tools . Scanner and other diagnoses tool are mere data retrieval for human analysis. Atimes your scanner is even useless at certain situations or cannot even access the system or is throwing codes not related to the problem or is not one complaint and so what do you do in those situations?You go back to the basics to fix the issue .
If a techie is unable to fix a certain issue it is not due to lack of owning a good scanner or other tools but due to lack of basic understanding of the problem
If the basic foundational knowledge of "known good data " is known then the rest is easy .

1 Like

Re: Toyota Matrix Starting Problems by blackwood(m): 4:41pm On Apr 24, 2019
autologic:

I respectfully disagree ,scanner is just like other tools to increase the efficiency of doing work .Too much emphasise on this scanner thing self ,it is the human brain that diagnose, analyse and fix and not tools . Scanner and other diagnoses tool are mere data retrieval for human analysis. Atimes your scanner is even useless at certain situations or cannot even access the system or is throwing codes not related to the problem or is not one complaint and so what do you do in those situations?You go back to the basics to fix the issue .
If a techie is unable to fix a certain issue it is not due to lack of owning a good scanner or other tools but due to lack of basic understanding of the problem
If the basic foundational knowledge of "known good data " is known then the rest is easy .

Thank you for your response to my little contribution but I still think having a scanner makes diagnosis one step easier.
Yes, car repairs can be done without a scanner but you have to be sure what the problem is, I once had mechanics and auto electricians misdiagnose an issue and I spent unnecessary time and money, I stumbled on an auto technician who had a scanner an the problem was fixed within 30mins.

(1) (Reply)

Brake Pedal Vibration / Stolen Car / Is This Type Of Battery Available In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.