Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,350 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa (28590 Views)

Ahmed Yusufa: Islamic Scholar In Minna Appeals To Peter Obi For Borehole (video) / Peter Obi Donates Borehole In Birnin Kebbi (pictures) / Ize-Iyamu Commissions Borehole In Uromi, Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by seguun(m): 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
A gateman, Musa Usman, has rejected a house offer as parting gift from his boss whom he served for 25 years, requesting for a borehole for his community instead.

Usman, who hail from Giljimmi, a Fulani settlement in Birniwa local government area of Jigawa state, lives with his family in a thatch house.

Usman, who served the Indian national, the Managing Director of a pharmaceutical company, Jawa International Limited in Lagos for 25 years, left the services of his boss in order to reunite with his family in the village.

When Usman was leaving, the Managing Director of the Jawa Internatiinal Limited, Mr. V. Verghese, decided to build a house for him as part of appreciation for his diligent service while he was his gateman but Usman, whose community is suffering from acute water shortage, rejected the offer of the house and asked for the construction of borehole for his people instead.

People in Usman’s community, who hitherto had to trek for long distance to fetch drinking water are now having drinking water in the community.

In his address at the commissioning of the borehole, Mr. Verghese, said his decision for the parting gift was as a result of high degree of honesty exhibited by Usman while he was working for him, saying there was never a time when any of his items ever missed in the house for the period he had stayed with him.

“Musa has served me diligently for 25 years. We will travel to India and leave our house under his care and behold, we will meet everything intact. He is indeed, a honest Nigeria.”

In his address, Usman, thanked Mr. Verghese, for the kind gesture, saying there was no regret in rejecting the house offer.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/gateman-rejects-house-offer-for-borehole-in-his-community.html

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by JasonScoolari: 12:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dear Musa Usman,

In your bid to be the hero of your community who care less about your existence all through your 25yrs of being a "Mai Guard," you blew a golden opportunity for you to become a Landlord of your own and make your family comfortable... Some of your community people will only sing your praise for a short while but your family will keep on regretting your "heroic decision"

Take note Musa, nor be everybody for your community go happy with this your decision as you've temporarily made some "Mai Ruwà" (Water seller's) jobless and make the government more lazy.

Enjoy your water and your "thatch house."

110 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Ozugbo(m): 12:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
Nice one.

16 Likes

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by mikejj(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
grin people like this are few in our society

49 Likes

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Sirmuel1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Interesting.... An Ibo or Yoruba Man will NEVER do this!

Let me just sit and watch them fight over this comment cheesy

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Jayslicky: 12:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
This is an example of a PAITROTIC Nigerian, he deserves an award for this, he has created a good name, blessings will follow.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 25, 2019
Reject house ke?
No o. I'm not wired like that.
Selfless service died with my father
Lived for others
Graded the roads
Sent graduates overseas for training.
Spent nearly all his cash electrifying our community
Influenced the distribution of over 20 transformers in our area
Now if phcn come house and we no dey to check bill na the landlords dey even tell them make them cut our light sef.
Even though we no owe
None of the people he trained checked on us
They forgot him so fast.
Thats Nigeria.

If I be gateman oga build me house o. Furnish am sef. Add swimming pool if possible. The community people go dey fetch water for me as a proud house owner. Since I go be their boss.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Amuocha: 12:45pm On Apr 25, 2019
Amazing rejection grin

APC government has no plans sef for the borehole

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Chinashopping84: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Kudos..The people in administration ain't working they only want to buy there way to the people..
Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by vecman22(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by ShitHead(m): 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
He be real Musa!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by BlackfireX: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Id.lot

1 Like

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Jayslicky: 12:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
@JasonScoolari, what u said is partially right but remember everyone does what brings happiness to themselves, Ghandi of india was an example of that, he had every chance to be stupendously wealthy but he chose the other route, today his generation get favour just because of his legacy.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by kafulka(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
But it's said that charity begins @ home

Even though it's good to assist ur community but His children would regret this in the near future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by nabegibeg: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019

1 Like

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by grandstar(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
That was kind of him

At this level of development, all villages should have water. I support a partially privatised system because I'd it breaks down now, no one will repair it and the villagers are too poor and illiterate to fix it

If a person owned , it will be to his own benefit if it kept running. Any breakdown will quickly be fixed.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Timil: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
This selfless man clearly understands that an house is nothing but a mere building that will lose form over time but getting his community a borehole will put his name on their lips for decade to come.

If every single Nigerian can have this same mindset and stop chasing after materialistic things that doesn't last long. The country will progress beyond her current state.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by JejeNaija(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
But shey if to say them build the house them for put borehole for the house. Some people no dey think well sha.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Elnino4ladies: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
It can never be an Igbo man

7 Likes

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by JejeNaija(m): 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
But shey if to say them build the house them for put borehole for the house. Some people no dey think well sha.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by BSF: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shibaraba:
Reject house ke?
No o. I'm not wired like that.
Selfless service died with my father
Lived for others
Graded the roads
Sent graduates overseas for training.
Spent nearly all his cash electrifying our community
Influenced the distribution of over 20 transformers in our area
Now if phcn come house and we no dey to check bill na the landlords dey even tell them make them cut our light sef.
Even though we no owe
None of the people he trained checked on us
They forgot him so fast.
Thats Nigeria.

If I be gate-man oga build me house o. Furnish am sef. Add swimming pool if possible. The community people go dey fetch water for me as a proud house owner. Since I go be their boss.

The way life works, You or your children will reap the benefits of what your father has done. That law has NEVER failed.

19 Likes

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by nabegibeg: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Dear Musa Usman,

In your bid to be the hero of your community who care less about your existence all through your 25yrs of being a "Mai Guard," you blew a golden opportunity for you to become a Landlord of your own and make your family comfortable... Some of your community people will only sing your praise for a short while but your family will keep on regretting your "heroic decision"

Take note Musa, nor be everybody for your community go happy with this your decision as you've temporarily made some "Mai Ruwà" (Water seller's) jobless and make the government more lazy.

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
JasonScoolari:
Dear Musa Usman,

1. There is no mai ruwa in the village...villagers have to trek long distances to fetch water.

2.Many children in the North die because of lack of pipe borne water. The guy has saved lives by his selflessness.

3.Yeah...make them build house...that in fifteen years children would be fighting over as 'inheritance'. Okay....

Many of the things we take for granted in this world today were made possible by people who behaved like this man.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Bighead9: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
This is how we roll in the North. Money or Riches is not seen as everything. Service to humanity comes first.

May God bless Musa for this kind gesture.
Allah ya sa make albarka Malam Musa.

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by Sunnyshinylight(f): 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
Love him
Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by 400billionman: 12:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
shocked
Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by JasonScoolari: 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jayslicky:
@JasonScolari, what u said is partially right but remember everyone does what brings happiness to themselves, Ghandi of india was an example of that, he had every chance to be stupendously wealthy but he chose the other route, today his generation get favour just because of his legacy.
Doing the "right thing" while his family still squats in a thatch room for more than 25yrs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by osuofia2(m): 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
nice one from him, This can only come from a northerner, if na southerner na him self first. one good thing from the North

4 Likes

Re: Gateman Rejects House Offer For Borehole In His Community In Jigawa by twilliamx(m): 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
Great choice. You will get the house with this gesture. I assure you. Don't let anyone discourage you from showing love to your neighbours.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Rivers Now A Confused State Because Of One Man’s Greed? - Hilda Dokubo / Ben Murray-Bruce Presents Electric Motorcycle To His Constituents (Photos) / 2023: G-5 Has Not Reached Deal With Anyone, Says Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.