Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision (35310 Views)

Maryam Abacha: I Didn’t Make Money As Nigeria’s First Lady / Ex-ministers Who Didn’t Make President Buhari’s Cut / Ministerial List: Joe Abah Reacts As He Didn’t Make Buhari’s List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by joshchisimdi: 9:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
Akin Alabi, Nairabet CEO and House Of Reps Member-elect has stated that the man who rejected a house offer for a borehole in his community didn't make a wise decision.Recall that it was reported earlier today that a gateman has rejected a house offer as a parting gift from his boss whom he served for 25 years. He, instead, requested that a borehole be sunk for his community which he said lacked water.

Akin Alabi who reacted to report admitted that it was selfless, but however stated that it was not a wise decision because he could have collected the house, sell it and sink multiple boreholes. He wrote;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/25/akin-alabi-says-man-who-rejected-house-offer-for-borehole-didnt-make-a-wise-decision/

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by ojun50(m): 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
You people should nt make this man hang him self oh

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by dominique(f): 9:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sell house in Jigawa? Na you go buy am grin

312 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by shilenji(m): 9:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
The man brain go reset when children go spoil the tap hin go kon lose both ways

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by fyneguy: 9:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
I understand Alabi's point.

The Indian man should have considered doing more than the borehole, since it was cheaper than the house.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by SageMK: 10:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
Akin Alabi should please shút the fúck up.

He has no idea how many lives that his betting company ruined. I guess he's baffled and shocked that someone out there choose humanity over monetary gain.

On paper his idea is a good theory but why wait any longer when the food has already been cooked?!

Let him sit still and watch. This man will get a house.

276 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Joshmodest(m): 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
lol

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
Altrutism is rear in nigeria let commend the man not everyone is a capitalist and want to make money at any given opportunity.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by 2fine2fast(m): 10:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
What would you expect from a man that feeds on peoples' misfortune.

Sometimes we need more of heart-driven motives to make the world a better place.

I honestly hope Akin Alabi will be able to represent the Egbeda Ona Ara constituency well cos I'm already disappointed in his "Critical Thinking".

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Officialgarri: 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Who voted this kind of people into the chamber?

This is a good reason why people should stop voting based on wealth and popularity but by what that candidate can offer.

Stupid enough, this guy would be expecting praises such as "business mogul of our time" and all those shallow praises, but he ended up making himself stupid.

*thueh *.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by delishpot: 10:35pm On Apr 25, 2019
Bravo. He loves his people more than the killer terrorists and millitants who claim to be fighting for their people and their god do for their people. Better a man who is not fanatic yet shows selfless love to his people than a fanatic who destroys souls yet claims he is doing it out of love for his people and his god.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by hungryboy(m): 10:41pm On Apr 25, 2019
It's not everyone that's obsessed with making millions, building mansions and having many cars,

some are just contented with having a roof over their heads and food in their plates.

Many Northerners like this man exist, the house people the are not related to, feed them and even support 'em financially.

Na when i dey with Hausa people i know say their worldview dey very different from our people own

120 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by amaniro: 10:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
Borehole wey area children go spoil within one week

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
The cost of drilling for water in the Man's community is colossal, no wonder the local government the community is under its jurisdiction couldn't afford to sink one. How much would a three bedroom bungalow cost compared to easing the suffering of hundreds and quenching their thirst. The borehole sef expensive pass the house O'Jare !

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by ahiboilandgas: 11:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
joshchisimdi:
Akin Alabi, Nairabet CEO and House Of Reps Member-elect has stated that the man who rejected a house offer for a borehole in his community didn't make a wise decision.Recall that it was reported earlier today that a gateman has rejected a house offer as a parting gift from his boss whom he served for 25 years. He, instead, requested that a borehole be sunk for his community which he said lacked water.

Akin Alabi who reacted to report admitted that it was selfless, but however stated that it was not a wise decision because he could have collected the house, sell it and sink multiple boreholes. He wrote;

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/25/akin-alabi-says-man-who-rejected-house-offer-for-borehole-didnt-make-a-wise-decision/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique
the house is in the village and might be less compared to the bore hole

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 1:20am On Apr 26, 2019
Most times, Nigerians (both rich and poor) sound smart but they really ain't that intelligent.

How would you sell the house to people that cannot even build houses made of blocks? People that struggle daily to survive? How many millionaires do you think you will find in that village? Do you think water ain't that scarce that he decided to help his community?

Lot of idiots can come online and talk sh!t. I can bet 100k that Akin Alabi have never visited a typical Northern village. Where you travel on a bike for hours, no utility poles(Nepa pole), no network, no pure water etc.

People need to travel more and do more volunteering works instead sitting in a room of AC and typing bullcrap from a PC or Android phones.

137 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by modath(f): 1:30am On Apr 26, 2019
SageMK:

He has no idea how many lives that his betting company ruined. I guess he's baffled and shocked that someone out there choose humanity over monetary gain.

On paper his idea is a good theory but why wait any longer when the food has already been cooked?!

Did he go intlo their homes to bewitch them?

By this skewed offside logic of yours, then Nigerian Breweries & Guinness should be closed down, cos their products have caused people to get drunk & get into accidents that killed/maimed (and innocent people unfortunate to be in their path same time) them.

I don't support sports betting in any shape or form but when people lack self control & discipline, it's their fault.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 1:33am On Apr 26, 2019
No igbo man will ever reject the house.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 1:53am On Apr 26, 2019
And some people voted for this fool? Did he know how many years the villagers would have been lacking this basic necessity?

So, he should allow the man build a house for him then sell it to sink borehole, that guy is 100% sick.

Browse through his page and saw where he said he organized an IT training of $5000 per seat. A training where non in attendance has a laptop Just only with pen and diary. What a crazy guy?

Honestly that guy is too daft to be in any position. He is just lucky Nigerians are gullible and the world has lazy people who are interested in doubling their gains overnight. If not, that guy is a zero.

May god bless the man and if I am his master, I will still go ahead with the building and as well sink the borehole.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 1:59am On Apr 26, 2019
Ejimagifty:
No igbo man will ever reject the house.

Don't say so... are you telling me the village has no building before? And also who told you the gateman don't know what he is doing? The borehole would have been their problem for many years.

Don't be blinded by immediate gain alone. Being selfless goes a long way and might immortalized you. We speak about some greats till date and it is not because of the mansions they built but one or two things they did for their community stood them out.

Immediate gains takes you no where and don't be a fool like the bet owner.

Trust me when people would have forgotten him and his sick coy, that mallam will still be respected and held in high regards.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by viniciusmostera: 2:04am On Apr 26, 2019
SageMK:

..dem force u play smh..

3 Likes

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Darevofpeace(m): 2:39am On Apr 26, 2019
SageMK:

The Psychological damage of betting at the long run is so pathetic.

They wanted free money at all cost.How would a grown up man be waiting at a betting point as early as 7am when the shop is yet to be opened?

For his mind, he is feeling quite intelligent.What that man did is for people who had already caught a view of 'eternity' to sacrifice his personal asset for community gain which would outlive him.

That man had already written his name in heavens roll call register for what human were created to be 'service to God and raising up humanity'

Anything you do to wipe away human sufferings, death and pain is a God factor.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by propsvila: 3:36am On Apr 26, 2019
Many Northerners are not oopportunist Capitalist.
Meanwhile that is the man's decision and we gat to respect it.

Akin Alabi I tell you that the moment you collect that house the urge to sunk a bore hole in that community will die.

Money has spirit.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 3:57am On Apr 26, 2019
When selflessness is not a part of you, it just isn't! People like this selfish akin alabi shouldnt be anywhere near leadership because being a good leader requires loads and loads of selflessness and he definitely doesn't have that. I pity his constituents already. SMH

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Nobody: 4:16am On Apr 26, 2019
Lol
Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by anonimi: 4:22am On Apr 26, 2019
SageMK:

He should and he will from any of different possibilities, including the beneficiaries of the borehole that has become necessary due to governors and LGA chairmen abandoning their responsibility to provide tap water to the people as it was in the past.
Many thanks for your humanity-inspired thoughts. Bravo!
His story reminds me of that juju song where the man chose patience and finally got wealth, children and health plus long life. Was that Obey or Sunny who sang it

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by anonimi: 4:28am On Apr 26, 2019
2fine2fast:
What would you expect from a man that feeds on people's misfortune.

Sometimes we need more of heart-driven motives to make the world a better place.

I honestly hope Akin Alabi will be able to represent the Egbeda Ona Ara constituency well cos I'm already disappointed in his "Critical Thinking".

Critical thinking from a Nigerian legisLooter?
Is he not representing Nigerians who will praise and adore him for looting their heritage and future all together

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3626665_hilarious_jpeg1ecdcdffc482a4c4b104159dc2f70be2

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:42am On Apr 26, 2019
akin ALABI you are not human see person representing a constituency your people will suffer some people are not like you every thing is not about investment our celebrities should come out now to gather support for the man to get a befitting shelter

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by johnie: 5:21am On Apr 26, 2019
anonimi:

He should and he will from any of different possibilities, including the beneficiaries of the borehole that has become necessary due to governors and LGA chairmen abandoning their responsibility to provide tap water to the people as it was in the past.
Many thanks for your humanity-inspired thoughts. Bravo!
His story reminds me of that juju song where the man chose patience and finally got wealth, children and health plus long life. Was that Obey or Sunny who sang it

Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister, MFR

Eni to l'eru, lo leru.

He who owns the slave gets the inheritance.

A rich man died leaving instructions that his son must choose only one of his earthly possessions.

Those the young man sought advice on what to select told him he could pick anything but they'd get half of it. They advised him not to pick slaves because there would be no money to feed them.

When the day to make a choice arrived, the young man was divinely inspired to ask the chief slave to choose first.

The chief slave selected all the material wealth and then the young man selected the slave knowing that "He who owns the slave gets all the slave inherits."

Itan Sumaila (The story of Sumaila)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vly1vNdx78

Barry Wonder's philosophical type of Fuji music died with him. No one has been able to take up Ebenezer Obey's philosophical mantle too.

On another note, why is it that northerners don't bear names like Sikiru, Wasiu, Rasheed, Raji, Rilwan, Saheed, Moshood (Masoud) or do they, in another form?

Yorubas bear Haruna, northerners bear Haroun
Yorubas bear Ahmed, northerners bear Ahmad
Yorubas bear Nosiru, northerners bear Nasir
Yorubas bear Amodu, northerners bear Ahmadu
Yorubas bear Muritala, northerners bear Murtala
Yorubas bear Tafa, northerners bear Mustapha

Yorubas bear Rasaki, middle belters bear Razak
Yorubas bear Ramoni, middle belters bear Rahman

Conversely, Yorubas don't bear Musa, Abubakar, Abdullahi

Pardon the digression.

P.S.
I have created another thread to discuss the issue of the names to avoid derailing this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/5154383/northern-names-vs-yoruba-names#77862540

And another to discuss philosophical Yoruba songs

https://www.nairaland.com/5154391/philosophical-yoruba-songs#77862631

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akin Alabi Says Man Who Rejected House For Borehole Didn’t Make A Wise Decision by Stanweezy(m): 7:26am On Apr 26, 2019
Akin Alabi is a business man, his thinking is business oriented. He should not blame the poor man because most uneducated northerner don't know anything about maximising profit

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tumba Garba, Senator Binta's Father Speaks: I Didn't Burn Her House / I Attended Akeredolu’s Inauguration For Yoruba Unity — Fayose / Gunmen Evacuate Boko Haram Members, Others From Kuje Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.