Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? (2627 Views)

Who Benefits From Marriage / Who Craves For Marriage More, Men Or Women? / In Need Of Advice From Experienced Wives, Mothers, men Or Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 6:34am On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:

I don't know you tell me undecided

You brought her up. So you tell me.

Because it seems that quite a number of guys on this forum use one to judge all.

Ladies do porta potty business in Dubai, now any lady that goes to Dubai is a porta potty.

A lady claimed a duplex as her own. Now any woman that builds a house even with a legal income is lying.

Regina Daniels marries a rich old man, all ladies are now Regina Daniels.

Please try not to lump all ladies into the same category. Every lady, like men, have their different principles that they live by.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 7:08am On Jun 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

Because it seems that quite a number of guys on this forum use one to judge all.

Ladies do porta potty business in Dubai, now any lady that goes to Dubai is a porta potty.

A lady claimed a duplex as her own. Now any woman that builds a house even with a legal income is lying.

Please try not to lump all ladies into the same category. Every lady, like men, have their different principles that they live by.
but this is what you said about Nigerian men
A lot of them get married and become lazy bums. Their wives wash their clothes, takes care of the house and kids and still works and brings money home...sometimes even more money. And the men will still not be satisfied.
So I asked if Regina married Ned for same reason, cause apart from her every Nigerian woman wants to marry an already made man they don't want to marry a man who is still struggling, so women benefit more than men in this marriage thing, cause once you marry a Nigerian woman all her family problems becomes yours as a man. Nigerian parents push their daughters to find a rich man and marry to bring them out of poverty

1 Like

Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by JoannaSedley(f): 7:15am On Jun 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

Quoting the wrong person
sorry my dear
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 8:12am On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:
but this is what you said about Nigerian men
A lot of them get married and become lazy bums. Their wives wash their clothes, takes care of the house and kids and still works and brings money home...sometimes even more money. And the men will still not be satisfied.
So I asked if Regina married Ned for same reason, cause apart from her every Nigerian woman wants to marry an already made man they don't want to marry a man who is still struggling, so women benefit more than men in this marriage thing, cause once you marry a Nigerian woman all her family problems becomes yours as a man. Nigerian parents push their daughters to find a rich man and marry to bring them out of poverty

Thank God i didn't say "all" Nigerian men. So you can ask Regina if Ned is part of the Nigerian men i described.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 11:42am On Jun 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

Thank God i didn't say "all" Nigerian men. So you can ask Regina if Ned is part of the Nigerian men i described.
Is Regina part of the women you described? No and there are many like her looking for already made men
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by jeff1607(m): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2019
when kids grow up ,who do they remember first ?

who has the highest possibilities of not seeing their grandchildren?

who puts on a strong front even in times of difficulties?

job or not ,who must make sure everybody needs are met,
who gives and expect nothing in return?
if you can answer this your answer is as good as mine
this only applies when both spouses put equal effort
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 12:56pm On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:

Is Regina part of the women you described? No and there are many like her looking for already made men

And many also marrying unmade men and growing with them. Nothing wrong with either.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by liberalchick(f): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2019
You can’t compare Nigerian marriages with Western ones.

If a Nigerian man kicks his wife out of the house, that’s the END. Little/NO legal recourse for the woman, wether she contributes or not, her contribution to the marriage is null and void. So most women have to look out for themselves, most married women in Naija have a rainy day fund (her salary and any other fund she can get from the marriage), it will be unwise not to have one. In fact it is one of the first advice older married women in the family will tell the bride on her wedding day.

Western family courts recognizes the contribution of the woman in the marriage, she is comfortable contributing, paying bills, buying properties etc. because the courts recognizes net-worth acquired during a marriage is communal property. If the marriage goes south, she is awarded the worth of her contribution to the marriage.

genq:

Are you blind? You saw the word PARTNERSHIP didn't you.
Meaning in most homes abroad, both men and women contribute to the household equally and share chores. These women don't just talk the talk - they live out true equality.. Unlike these lazy Nigerian liabilities wives who feel entitled to their husband's hard earned money.

2 Likes

Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

And many also marrying unmade men and growing with them. Nothing wrong with either.
70% of typical Nigerian girls grew up with an entitlement mentality, that it's a duty of a man to provide for her, religion and tradition preaches same, they can't even date guys they call broke guys talk less of marrying them, but guys date broke girls and marry them with no complains at all, so it's a 70/30% thing comparing who benefits from marriage more between men and women in Nigeria
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:

70% of typical Nigerian girls grew up with an entitlement mentality, that it's a duty of a man to provide for her, religion and tradition preaches same, they can't even date guys they call broke guys talk less of marrying them, but guys date broke girls and marry them with no complains at all, so it's a 70/30% thing comparing who benefits from marriage more between men and women in Nigeria

Who gave you this statistics? Your neighborhood? People around you? Almost all the organizations i have worked in, i meet women who have a different mindset from what you describe.

We are not talking about all those girls that their future starts on Snapchat, Instagram and ends with meeting rich men to fund their fantasies. I am talking of real ambitious women.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 2:44pm On Jun 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

Who gave you this statistics? Your neighborhood? People around you? Almost all the organizations i have worked in, i meet women who have a different mindset from what you describe.

We are not talking about all those girls that their future starts on Snapchat, Instagram and ends with meeting rich men to fund their fantasies. I am talking of real ambitious women.
Just like I said typical Nigerian women enslaved by African culture and religion, not even talking about those prostitutes called slay queens, those real ambitious ladies you met are women who know their self worth, they don't believe a man is superior like religion and tradition make believe, they see themselves equal with men and strive hand in hand with men on an equal level to succeed in life, they don't see marriage as a life time achievement they are not even bothered about marriage, those type of women are just 30% in Nigeria
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:

Just like I said typical Nigerian women enslaved by African culture and religion, not even talking about those prostitutes called slay queens, those real ambitious ladies you met are women who know their self worth, they don't believe a man is superior like religion and tradition make believe, they see themselves equal with men and strive hand in hand with men on an equal level to succeed in life, they don't see marriage as a life time achievement they are not even bothered about marriage, those type of women are just 30% in Nigeria

This your statistics is by you and for you. It is not verifiable anywhere.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 4:24pm On Jun 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

This your statistics is by you and for you. It is not verifiable anywhere.
The one you did is it verifiable? undecided
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 4:47pm On Jun 11, 2019
Deepfeel:

The one you did is it verifiable? undecided

Did i give you any percentage?
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2019
ImaIma1:

Did i give you any percentage?
Yes you said a lot of Nigerian men, that's a high percentage
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2019
Deepfeel:

Yes you said a lot of Nigerian men, that's a high percentage

No i didn't give a percentage. Don't lie.

"A lot" is not the majority in case you didn't know. But you are saying 70%...30% as if you consulted Federal Bureau of Statistics.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

No i didn't give a percentage. Don't lie.

"A lot" is not the majority in case you didn't know. But you are saying 70%...30% as if you consulted Federal Bureau of Statistics.
Well I don't have to consult the federal Bureau of statistics to know how many typical traditional and religious people we have in Nigeria I have lived here and traveled around Nigeria enough to know some of these things, and you know what I don't even trust the national bureau of statistics in Nigeria those guys are too lazy they give false statistics themselves
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 1:40pm On Jun 12, 2019
Deepfeel:
Well I don't have to consult the federal Bureau of statistics to know how many typical traditional and religious people we have in Nigeria I have lived here and traveled around Nigeria enough to know some of these things, and you know what I don't even trust the national bureau of statistics in Nigeria those guys are too lazy they give false statistics themselves

Apparently you are one of the lazy Nigerians giving false and misleading statistics.

You can only know who you have met. We are over 190 million in Nigeria. If 1/10 of that figure are ladies between the ages of 20-30, tht would be 19million.

Have you met up to 19 million ladies for you to come to your conclusion of 30%...70%?
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

Apparently you are one of the lazy Nigerians giving false and misleading statistics.

You can only know who you have met. We are over 190 million in Nigeria. If 1/10 of that figure are ladies between the ages of 20-30, tht would be 19million.

Have you met up to 19 million ladies for you to come to your conclusion of 30%...70%?
Can I ask you a question, do you have to meet every single person in the North to know how majority of people in the North behave , and are predominantly Muslims ? Do you have to meet everyone in the South East to know how majority of people there behave, and are predominantly Christians ? Do I have to meet 19 million nigerian women to know how majority of them behave? Do I have to meet every single Yoruba person or Igbo person to know how majority of the people in these tribes behave, you are not sounding logical here lady,
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 2:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
Deepfeel:

Can I ask you a question, do you have to meet every single person in the North to know how majority of people in the North behave , and are predominantly Muslims ? Do you have to meet everyone in the South East to know how majority of people there behave, and are predominantly Christians ? Do I have to meet 19 million nigerian women to know how majority of them behave? Do I have to meet every single Yoruba person or Igbo person to know how majority of the people in these tribes behave, you are not sounding logical here lady,

You don't have to meet them. But you cannot also outrightly put a figure or percentage to it since it's based on assumption or your own calculation
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

You don't have to meet them. But you cannot also outrightly put a figure or percentage to it since it's based on assumption or your own calculation
These figures we hear about, the number of poor people in Nigeria, the number of out of school kids in Nigeria, even the 190 million Nigerian population do you think these figures are true? Cause the last census was done in 2006 the figures counted was about 140 million, these figures keep increasing every yr on assumption Calculation, we don't even have records of how many kids are born in Nigeria each day each month each yr, and even during the census in 2006 not everyone was counted
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
Deepfeel:

These figures we hear about, the number of poor people in Nigeria, the number of out of school kids in Nigeria, even the 190 million Nigerian population do you think these figures are true? Cause the last census was done in 2006 the figures counted was about 140 million, these figures keep increasing every yr on assumption Calculation, we don't even have records of how many kids are born in Nigeria each day each month each yr, and even during the census in 2006 not everyone was counted

So you want to add to the false records and mislead people?
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by crackhaus: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

But are you not the same person who was throwing statistics around the other day about how lots of single mothers/divorced women are getting remarried, and your only examples were celebrities?

Most of you are just too funny on this NL.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2019
crackhaus:

But are you not the same person who was throwing statistics around the other day about how lots of single mothers/divorced women are getting remarried, and your only examples were celebrities?

Most of you are just too funny on this NL.

And i gave a percentage or number? Please don't just talk for talking sake. Follow that conversation and see the reason for that comment and stop being bias here just because you want to take sides with your fellow guy.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by crackhaus: 4:14pm On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

And i gave a percentage or number? Please don't just talk for talking sake. Follow that conversation and see the reason for that comment and stop being bias here just because you want to take sides with your fellow guy.
You typed 'a lot'. Then I asked you how many you know personally, then you start penning some incoherent stuff and ended up NOT giving any number you knew personally.

So yea, when anyone uses the term 'a lot', 'many', or 'plenty', it signifies a large number which encompasses the majority - this can also be likened to a 70% statistical figure.

You can't suddenly change the meaning of 'a lot' on this topic just to suit your narrative. The other day when you were typing about 'a lot' of single mothers/divorced women, you were referring to the majority. So what changed?

Forget about whatever you think my bias is and stop deflecting, the topic isn't even something to be dragged back and forth when the person you're chatting with is absolutely right. Yes, the majority of Nigerian women grew up and have been indoctrinated with that mentality. He knows it, I know it, even you and any other woman trying to argue against it knows it. It is cultural.

He even said 70%, me I would confidently tell you it's 90% because culture and society is what shapes beliefs.

By the way, I'm still interested in understanding why your definition of 'a lot' changed here. cheesy
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2019
crackhaus:

You typed 'a lot'. Then I asked you how many you know personally, then you start penning some incoherent stuff and ended up NOT giving any number you knew personally.

So yea, when anyone uses the term 'a lot', 'many', or 'plenty', it signifies a large number which encompasses the majority - this can also be likened to a 70% statistical figure.

You can't suddenly change the meaning of 'a lot' on this topic just to suit your narrative. The other day when you were typing about 'a lot' of single mothers/divorced women, you were referring to the majority. So what changed?

Forget about whatever you think my bias is and stop deflecting, the topic isn't even something to be dragged back and forth when the person you're chatting with is absolutely right. Yes, the majority of Nigerian women grew up and have been indoctrinated with that mentality. He knows it, I know it, even you and any other woman trying to argue against it knows it. It is cultural.

He even said 70%, me I would confidently tell you it's 90% because culture and society is what shapes beliefs.

By the way, I'm still interested in understanding why your definition of 'a lot' changed here. cheesy

Ok.

Check the dictionary for the definitions you seek
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Ewuro4: 4:36pm On Jun 12, 2019
zynzyn:
I have been pondering on this subject for a long time?

Does marriage benefit men more or women?

I have my own opinion, but I want to hear other informed positions!

Thanks!

It is beneficial for those that have ratchet upbringing that urged to leave their God forsaking hellhole they’re raised. Yeah.
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

So you want to add to the false records and mislead people?

Hmm stop been difficult lady you know what am saying is not far from the truth
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by ImaIma1(f): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2019
Deepfeel:

Hmm stop been difficult lady you know what am saying is not far from the truth

Can't continue dragging matter from yesterday till today.

Have a nice day
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by Deepfeel(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

Can't continue dragging matter from yesterday till today.

Have a nice day
Thank you grin have a nice day
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by fcdgrand(m): 11:57pm On Jun 12, 2019
na woman! e be like say na baby mama tings na m sure pass
Re: Who Benefits More From Marriage? Men Or Women? by fcdgrand(m): 11:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
ImaIma1:

not all but sure 99.9 %

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seven Year Old Gets Plastic Surgery To Prevent Bullying (would You Allow It) / FG Unveils Toll-free Helpline For Violation & Violence On Women / What's the best annoying reply you can ever give to a SCAM MESSAGE? Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.