Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State (915 Views)

Pix. How To Be A Rogue Opposition - PDP Wailers On Lai Mohammed. / Fresh $5.7m Scandal: You Have Turned Nigeria To A Rogue Nation, APC Tells GEJ / Cecilia Ibru: A Rogue Banker’s Quest To Buy The World Exposed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by redsun(m): 1:00pm On Sep 18, 2010
Nigeria is such a failed,lawless state in the sense that Babagida,the symbol of anti-democracy,embezzelment,looting,thuggry,assisinations and epic coruption have the guts to say that he wants to be the president of nigeria again with his track records and nigerian masses are sheepishly looking as if they are under some kind of spell.

Babagida is a traitor,a prolific criminal,a thug and a numbskull,he has nothing to offer a country that is on the road to progress.All he will bring to nigeria is the same generational backwardness and hopelessness that have being the order of the day since heaven knows when.He has to be stopped by all means or that will rationally spell the end of nageria as a nation of human beings.
Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 18, 2010
My brother, we dey hear IBB voice because there r no Men in Naija anymore! Nature abhors a Vaccum
Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by redsun(m): 1:10pm On Sep 18, 2010
IBB moves and his acceptance by some nigerians has says it all that nigeria is on the brink of disintegration and total eclipse.It is a country where immorality rules and lies are generally accepted as truth.
Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by jamace(m): 1:30pm On Sep 18, 2010
My brother, we dey hear IBB voice because there r no Men in Naija anymore! Nature abhors a Vaccum

Don't worry, the men are warming up, getting ready to deal with all the criminals in this country.
Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by orangemen: 2:42pm On Sep 18, 2010
Nigeria is such a failed,lawless state in the sense that Babagida,the symbol of anti-democracy,embezzelment,looting,thuggry,assisinations and epic coruption have the guts to say that he wants to be the president of nigeria again with his track records and nigerian masses are sheepishly looking as if they are under some kind of spell.

Babagida is a traitor,a prolific criminal,a thug and a numbskull,he has nothing to offer a country that is on the road to progress.All he will bring to nigeria is the same generational backwardness and hopelessness that have being the order of the day since heaven knows when.He has to be stopped by all means or that will rationally spell the end of nageria as a nation of human beings.

@redsun,
if IBB is all these names u mentioned above, why did the angels of ur heart in their 8 yrs of noisy war against corruption did not make him guilty?
do u know that anyone that hides a criminal is a criminal too?
i am not saying he is innocent of any name u called him above but i am saying non of these politicians is.
is democracy the act of imposing candidates on the masses as obasanjo did in 2007? if it is not, it is anti democracy too. if ibb embezzled and looted funds, what happened expenditure of obj's administration? u mentioned assasination, who killed bola ige and funso williams? what happened in odi and benue state under obasanjo? u mentioned thugry but nigerians still believed that under obasanjo at least thugs were sponsored by fg and a dead witness is late adedibu while a living witness is chris uba. these two men had the record of official thugs as never before in the history of nigeria.
most yorubas have their personal issues with ibb not giving abiola the june 12 mandate but we must look at history and accept it that what happened to abiola was just nemesis.
need i remind you that national criminals like bode george, borrishade, fani kayode, late adedibu, iyabo obasanjo, chris/andy uba, tony annenih etc were not products of ibb's regime rather they are allies obasanjo.
democracy is only possible when the constitution of nigeria dictates who shld or shld not context elections. our rights to vote and be voted for must be respected. most importantly, our votes must count in choosing who rules who.
the idea of an old fool selecting and imposing individuals of his choice on nigerians must be rejected to the last letter.
it is time for nigerians to embrace institutions rather than selfish idiots who even after 11 yrs in power has nothing tangible to show for it.
i hope u are aware that nigeria is indirectly a one party system now? i hope u know that the selection of a pdp candidate has become an election in nigeria? in which aspect of this polity are u seeing development? is this what politics is all about in england? do u know any country that has survived through what we have in place in nigeria?
the general saying here is that rome was not built in a day but from ur angle, do u think 11 yrs is not good enough to get back our lost educational system, good raods, electricity, security, political independence from our second colonial masters, good hospitals and employments?
how long do u think obasanjo will be arround and what happens after him? do think what obasanjo and co are doing will not lead us to caterstrophy?
Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by koruji(m): 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2010
@janus05
I guess you are not a voice and not a man.

Find another excuse for your blind support for IBB. There are more voices and men than a 1000 IBBs, and he is being shown the door already.
It is not easy however, with the likes of excuse-giving people like you jumping to the defense of a man who would eliminate at the blink of an eye, if you ever dare to oppose him in anything.

janus05:

Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 18, 2010
koruji:

@janus05
I guess you are not a voice and not a man.

Find another excuse for your blind support for IBB. There are more voices and men than a 1000 IBBs, and he is being shown the door already.
It is not easy however, with the likes of excuse-giving people like you jumping to the defense of a man who would eliminate at the blink of an eye, if you ever dare to oppose him in anything.

Point of correction: I am not an IBB fan. I said we dey hear IBB voice becos nature abhors a vaccumm. People who are supposed to be on the presidential candidates' list has been fenced off. People like Prof. Pat Utomi. IF GEJ use half of the energy wey he dey use find Ibori go after IBB, Nigerians will love him more. FG is stupidly afraid of IBB and he is growing wings
Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by Ikengawo: 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2010
this is called democracy.
in a democracy the fact that a total criminal can run for office is not a failure it's an achievement.
if you dont like him or criminals DONT VOTE FOR HIM.

all that should matter to you is your vote and if you dont vote your no worst then him or the ppl that vote for him.

democracy is about options not saints and perfection.
Re: Nigeria Is Undoubtedly A Rogue State by koruji(m): 6:59pm On Sep 18, 2010
janus05:

Point of correction: I am not an IBB fan. I said we dey hear IBB voice becos nature abhors a vaccumm. People who are supposed to be on the presidential candidates' list has been fenced off. People like Prof. Pat Utomi. IF GEJ use half of the energy wey he dey use find Ibori go after IBB, Nigerians will love him more. FG is stupidly afraid of IBB and he is growing wings

Nobody fenced off Pat Utomi. He isn't a member of PDP. When Yar'adua was here the man was all over the place, but as soon as the chance arose to contest for the office he disappeared. I am really surprised at his disappearance. Donald Duke resigned from PDP, but has not jumped into the ring - he seems to be waiting to be somebody's vice.

I may sound like a Jonathan supporter, but that is only because I believe you do irreparable injustice by kicking him off the presidential slot in the name of zoning - and for who IBB & Atiku. Right now PDP is under Jonathan - it is IBB & Atiku that need to get their own party if they believe in their viability that much.

I am DEFINITELY AGAINST IBB IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM - that is my baseline! Anybody, but IBB. Once IBB loses the PDP primaries, Nigerians can begin to educate themselves whether Jonathan is indeed their best choice against a Saraki, Buhari, Ribadu, etc.

Right now, the only way to go after IBB is to beat him at the primaries - everything else Jonathan does would only give IBB wood for the fire he is trying to set to Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Ooni Fail To Reconcile Osun Governorship Aspirants ! / Jonathan's Amnesty Matters advisor , Timi Alaibe, Dumps PDP For Labour. / Acpn Nominates Gbemi Saraki As Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.