Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,984 members, 7,828,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire (17966 Views)

Types Of Sexual Acts Young People Should Avoid / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by eazzzy1(m): 2:26pm On May 05, 2019

1 Like

Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by power50: 4:22pm On May 05, 2019
Do you own a church? List your church on Nigerian church directory https://www.naijachurches.com.ng/
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by wisdomkid: 5:48pm On May 05, 2019
Atewo400:
They are tired because Religion/God is a bad omen
The human race is TIRED because Religion sucks

in the next 500years
Religion would be gone

This assumption is based on what?
It's a Christian thread and you ran here, but if it's Islamic, you'll keep quiet like a fowl being poured cold water.
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 1:13pm On May 06, 2019
Originalsly:

You need to listen to yourself. Isn't Christianity all about spirituality?

tell me again..maybe i forgot...what is spiritual about Christianity?...disobeying the creator by worshiping the god created in the image and likeness of a man, something that he prohibits in his second commandment?
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by Originalsly: 2:52pm On May 06, 2019
sonmvayina:

tell me again..maybe i forgot...what is spiritual about Christianity?...disobeying the creator by worshiping the god created in the image and likeness of a man, something that he prohibits in his second commandment?

Worshipping the God created in the image and likeness of a man.... who is this in reference to? If Christ...then let me remind you that that is what Christ ianity is all about. If it is worshipping any other being or thing... then it is not Christianity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 10:57pm On May 07, 2019
Originalsly:

Worshipping the God created in the image and likeness of a man.... who is this in reference to? If Christ...then let me remind you that that is what Christ ianity is all about. If it is worshipping any other being or thing... then it is not Christianity.
But God hates it... It is disobeying God s law.. "do not make the image or likeness of anything in heaven or earth or under the waters below the earth, worshipping a man as God which is something found on earth is forbidden and tantamount to idolatry....

Do you understand now?
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by Originalsly: 1:41am On May 08, 2019
sonmvayina:

But God hates it... It is disobeying God s law.. "do not make the image or likeness of anything in heaven or earth or under the waters below the earth, worshipping a man as God which is something found on earth is forbidden and tantamount to idolatry....

Do you understand now?
No...I don't understand. You're not saying what is the image or who is the man people are worshipping or whatever.
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2019
Originalsly:

No...I don't understand. You're not saying what is the image or who is the man people are worshipping or whatever.

the jesus christian worship.....is he not a man?
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by Originalsly: 1:24pm On May 10, 2019
sonmvayina:

the jesus christian worship.....is he not a man?

Ok.... is a caterpillar not a butterfly?
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 2:01pm On May 10, 2019
Originalsly:

Ok.... is a caterpillar not a butterfly?

yes, one of the stages in becoming a butterfly..where are you going with this?
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by Originalsly: 2:18pm On May 10, 2019
sonmvayina:

yes, one of the stages in becoming a butterfly..where are you going with this?

Jesus is no ordinary man... he got stages... other men don't. A caterpillar is bound to the earth... to many it is just another worm because it looks like one. But it transforms and be air borne... no longer lives the life of a worm. Other worms don't.
Jesus lived bound to the earth.... to many he was just another man....but like the caterpillar...he was not. Do you now know where I'm going?
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 4:15pm On May 10, 2019
Originalsly:

Jesus is no ordinary man... he got stages... other men don't. A caterpillar is bound to the earth... to many it is just another worm because it looks like one. But it transforms and be air borne... no longer lives the life of a worm. Other worms don't.
Jesus lived bound to the earth.... to many he was just another man....but like the caterpillar...he was not. Do you now know where I'm going?

No, I don't... Frankly you know you are not making any sense...
E
What is God and what is man? Let us start from the basic
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by Originalsly: 4:39pm On May 10, 2019
sonmvayina:

No, I don't... Frankly you know you are not making any sense...
E
What is God and what is man? Let us start from the basic

Why mention God if you don't know where I'm going?

God is the Creator. Man is one of God's creation.
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by sonmvayina(m): 10:53pm On May 10, 2019
Originalsly:

Why mention God if you don't know where I'm going?

God is the Creator. Man is one of God's creation.

Thanks... You are still in pre KG, in these matters.. Was looking for a PhD insight.... You tried, now run along...
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by Originalsly: 11:08pm On May 10, 2019
sonmvayina:

Thanks... You are still in pre KG, in these matters.. Was looking for a PhD insight.... You tried, now run along...

Hmmm.... you asked to start from the basics.... always thought Pre K was the basics... never knew it was PhD. I learned something new today.
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2020
Evening
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by nlPoster: 8:00pm On Jan 27, 2020
There are plenty of young people in church.

Whether they like going there or not is another thing.
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by Judeoxide(m): 10:59am On Mar 25, 2020
EVILFOREST:

God Bless You.
I wish many LADIES will start seeing it the way you are seeing it.
Most Unmarried Ladies feel, there problem ladies are tied to one spiritual issue, it’s rather the OVERWHELMING HARDSHIP and UNEMPLOYMENT ravaging the Nigerian MEN that is the issue.

Everyday, we get to see how ABLE BODIED MEN are BURNT beyond recognition for stealing PETTY THINGS like GOATS.

If a man could do such, just imagine what will befall him when he marries without a JOB or sense of belonging...
you just said it all
It's not that men are scarce, it's simply because
Getting married without means of STABLE INCOME is equal to suicide
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:37pm On Jul 07, 2020
Evening...
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2021
Now...
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2021
Evening
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2023
Listen up
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:34am On Jun 23, 2023
Boom
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
Boom..
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2023
Boom....
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 2:32pm On Jun 25, 2023
July
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:43am On Jun 26, 2023
Boom.
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2023
Evening
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
Now.
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 7:09pm On Jul 06, 2023
Now
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:40am On Jul 09, 2023
Listen
Re: Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 2:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gen. Buhari Meets With The Archbishop Of Canterbury (Photo News) / Who Were Those Wise Men From The East? / How brands celebrate Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.