Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Does GDP Determine The Wealth Of A Country? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does GDP Determine The Wealth Of A Country? (316 Views)

A Wealth Of Sorrow: Why Nigeria’s Abundant Oil Reserves Are Really A Curse / Atiku’s Policy Document: Privatise NNPC , Raise GDP To $900bn, Cut Taxes… / Osogbo To Determine Osun Governor As PDP Leads After 29 Local Govts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does GDP Determine The Wealth Of A Country? by Cletus77(m): 5:35pm On Apr 28, 2019
Have been hearing about this GDP stuff alot. I even took time to read an online article so I could know everything about GDP and PPP. So from my understanding, I discovered that GDP is the summary of economic activities in a country while PPP is the purchasing power of the country's currency.

Then I saw the graph of Nigeria's GDP and there was a sharp increase from 2000 till 2016 when it started to decrease. So i decided to ask, does it mean economic activities has decreased in Nigeria for the past three years, Nigeria lost more money or is there no serious African country to topple Nigeria during it's this dark period?
Since the poverty clock only signifies the number of poor people per the population

Re: Does GDP Determine The Wealth Of A Country? by Cletus77(m): 5:37pm On Apr 28, 2019

Pls I only appreciate matured responses
Ipob and Afonja peeps should not derail

Re: Does GDP Determine The Wealth Of A Country? by donbachi(m): 5:50pm On Apr 28, 2019
Yes...like CGPA to a student

1 Like

Re: Does GDP Determine The Wealth Of A Country? by Xisnin(m): 6:55pm On Apr 28, 2019
Yes, GDP tell us how rich a country is.
A better estimate is GDP per capita, that is GDP divided by the population.
With GDP per capita, you can compare the level of wealth or poverty among countries.

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani Kayode Denies Report That He Has Dumped The PDP / Anglican Church Bombs Obiano For Insulting Ohaneze Boss / CCD Celebrates 100 Days Of Assent To Disability Law, Calls For Implementation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.