Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,633 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

An Advice To Those Going For An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Advice To Those Going For An Interview (17205 Views)

Check Out What A Guy Wore To An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by TheCvBank: 8:43am On Apr 29, 2019
If you are going for an interview in a company, try and read local and international news to know about happenings around the world. Most professional services organizations will ask you about what is happening in the country and the world. You may even be asked to suggest solutions.

You look really empty with no substance when a potential employer asks you information about happenings around you and you are blank. Someone lost a job opportunity because She couldn’t say anything happening in the news. Read news about the industry and make sure you can say a lot about that company’s services.

Follow the right business news handles on social media so that you can have up to date Information of things happening around the world. Employers are looking for candidates that are aware of things happening. Some law firms ask for analysis on world politics. Someone was asked about the details about Obamacare during recruitment. Not all times entertainment and only political handles. Follow FT, Bloomberg, Business day, CNBC, Nairametrics etc. You will be more knowledgeable abd aware. If you are going for interview for example in an accounting/audit firm you must be aware of the accounting ,financial services,etc industry. Do the work to get the job.

All the best!

25 Likes 7 Shares

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by BoboKush(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2019
FTC.. Lala where is my wages
Back log don plenty

Wow
Noted ..
Nice one
Op
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Iruobean(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
angry
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by MrCuteking(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
Nice interview strategy but this is rather useful in other countries grin

I studied Petroleum Engineering, no job so now I am an importer.

I think FG should add Importiology in education. It’s really helping.

In the meantime, kindly patronize my product.

I sell this to match your wears. Buy quality wears from me.
Only few stocks are available.

Free delivery nationwide (pay on delivery)

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Bowwow11(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
thanks for the information
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Emily22(m): 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
Nothing is as good as entrepreneurship but we need to start from somewhere sha.

I rem when I went for i.t interview....just industrial training...some questions thrown at me that day was beyond my expectations

4 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
Nice one
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Cryomancer: 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
Interviewer: What is the latest in the financial sector?

Me : No money everywhere

Interviewer: Where do you see yourself in 5yrs?

Me : Playing fifa25

28 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by funsho75(m): 12:41pm On Apr 29, 2019
Na because job no dey..

They go dey use irrelevant things the cut people

7 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by donogaga(m): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
Very true.

Old timers know this.
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by mmclatino(m): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
Xo educative!
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by JustShizzy(m): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2019
TheCvBank:

If you are going for an interview in a company, try and read local and international news to know about happenings around the world. Most professional services organizations will ask you about what is happening in the country and the world. You may even be asked to suggest solutions.

You look really empty with no substance when a potential employer asks you information about happenings around you and you are blank. Someone lost a job opportunity because She couldn’t say anything happening in the news. Read news about the industry and make sure you can say a lot about that company’s services.

Follow the right business news handles on social media so that you can have up to date Information of things happening around the world. Employers are looking for candidates that are aware of things happening. Some law firms ask for analysis on world politics. Someone was asked about the details about Obamacare during recruitment. Not all times entertainment and only political handles. Follow FT, Bloomberg, Business day, CNBC, Nairametrics etc. You will be more knowledgeable abd aware. If you are going for interview for example in an accounting/audit firm you must be aware of the accounting ,financial services,etc industry. Do the work to get the job.

All the best!

This is plagiarism, at least quote the author of the work which is Seun Akinrinoye

8 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2019
Na so one company asked me about World War II.

Just mumured Adolf Hitler,Nazi and jews like 10times and the job became mine grin grin

9 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Samswags9(m): 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
Brand New iPhone Xs 64gb For Sale Locked To At&t Abuja Whatsapp 08164497157
https://www.nairaland.com/5155261/brand-new-iphone-xs-64gb
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by felo812000(m): 12:50pm On Apr 29, 2019
I also follow Nairaland! You guys are more current than Local News stations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by XwhY(m): 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
Including Nairaland

1 Like

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2019
News is filled with propaganda and tragedies, why should intoxicate my mind with such.

It would have been better if the ask for recent happenings in the sector you are applying to.
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by bigkahuna704(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
Never say "you smell nice" grin

3 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Bossontop(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cryomancer:

interviewer: hahahahah.....funny guy......get out!!

[img]https://media1./images/5696199e53615832995ea87e7236f2d9/tenor.gif?itemid=11630809[/img]

2 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by DNA9(m): 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2019
An average Nigerian lady today knows who was the 2nd runner up in BBnaija last 3 episodes. But dosnt know who is the minister of information of her country. I am not saying this for likes, am telling you real facts from what I have seen..

2 Likes

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by tgmservice: 12:54pm On Apr 29, 2019
Their father!

tomorrow when they hire rubbish staff dem go dey complain

Apart from President, Vice and Lagos state governor i do not know who is holding any political office in Nigeria.
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by okeniti: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
Thanks OP, I shall use this. I've not had much luck with interviews of late trying to find work in my field, hopefully if I use this advice my situation shall change. Joblessness is really killing me.
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by tgmservice: 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
okeniti:
Thanks OP, I shall use this. I've not had much luck with interviews of late trying to find work in my field (IT Support), hopefully if I use this advice my situation shall change. Joblessness is really killing me.
THAT field has really been challenging thinking of going into agriculture
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by TheAfrikan: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2019
DNA9:
An average Nigerian lady today knows who was the 2nd runner up in BBnaija last 3 episodes. But dosnt know who is the minister of information of her country. I am not saying this for likes, am telling you real facts from what I have seen..

And what exactly have you seen?
Don't bore anyone with statistics that can't be proved.

Average Nigerian lady my foot....... You'll not go and be relevant....... Who Minister of Information epp?

1 Like

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by kinzation(m): 1:05pm On Apr 29, 2019
MrCuteking:
Nice interview strategy but this is rather useful in other countries grin

I studied Petroleum Engineering, no job so now I am an importer.

I think FG should add Importiology in education. It’s really helping.

In the meantime, kindly patronize my product.

I sell this to match your wears. Buy quality wears from me.
Only few stocks are available.

Free delivery nationwide (pay on delivery)
nice one

But for now na AKUBEY I dey like buy

1 Like

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by MrCuteking(m): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
kinzation:
nice one

But for now na AKUBEY I dey like buy

grin
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by obajoey(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
I saw the post on Linkedin like a day or two days ago.

JustShizzy:

This is plagiarism, at least quote the author of the work which is Seun Akinrinoye
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by tstx(m): 1:21pm On Apr 29, 2019
Of e pass celebrity and gossip news Nigerians no dey read..
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
GoddyOra:
Na so one company asked me about World War II.

Just mumured Adolf Hitler,Nazi and jews like 10times and the job became mine grin grin

That was deliberate strategy to throw out applicants .how was that question related to recent events ..why didn't they just ask you on gulf war or even twin tower bombing .mscheeew evil interviewer everywhere

1 Like

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by qanda: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2019
Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by mapet: 1:56pm On Apr 29, 2019
My recent interview (Stage 1 & 2 of 4) was also like that. I was asked to (a) analyse the macro and micro economic patterns in the global and local Oil and Gas business/industry (b) Impact on the economies.........

This question seem like a way to test the following
1. Awareness of the environment, how much you stay in touch with events in your environment, especially how it relates with your business/job
2. You reasoning and analysis capabilities
3. How quickly you can think on your feet
4. How you can engage in conversations and contribute meaningfully to national discourse and bring it down to how it affects the company who is about to give you job.
5. How versatile you are

1 Like

Re: An Advice To Those Going For An Interview by Kingkun69(m): 1:57pm On Apr 29, 2019
Cryomancer:

you're hired

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Of The Two Jobs Should I Go For?? / Please Help! Planning On Relocating To Kano For Job / 20 Tips That Will Get You Closer To Your Dream Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.