Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,846 members, 7,851,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:42 AM

Saraki Begs Kwara Governor-elect In Allah’s Name - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Begs Kwara Governor-elect In Allah’s Name (989 Views)

Group Award Kwara Governor As Worst In History / Ekiti Governor-Elect, Fayemi, Celebrates With Governors After His Victory / With Results Announced So Far, Kayode Fayemi Is Ekiti Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Begs Kwara Governor-elect In Allah’s Name by Zouzer: 5:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
Oyinkansola, sister to the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has appealed to the Kwara State Governor-elect, Abdulrahman Abdulrazak, to immortalise her father and a political icon from the state, Dr Olusola Saraki.

Oyinkansola said her late father prepared the political ground in Kwara State, hence he should be immortalised.

In a statement she personally signed, Oyinkansola also enjoined the governor-elect not to allow the political leaning of her brother and current President of the Senate stop him from honouring their father.

According to her: “Congratulations, governor-elect, Abdulrahman Abdulrazak. I am appealing to you sir to immortalise my father, Dr Olusola Saraki, the man believed to be the strong pillar of Kwara State politics during his lifetime.

“With all due respect sir, may I remind you that my father single-handedly established political grounds in Kwara State in the Second Republic.

“It may interest you to know that most governors of the state rode on his popularity and influence to the corridors of power; they include Adamu Atta, Cornelius Adebayo, Mohammed Lawal and his son, Bukola Saraki.

“Everything Bukola is today was my father’s doing, yet he could not think of honouring his father by immortalising him.

“It just shows the kind of son he is. I acknowledge that my brother may have stepped on people’s toes but sir, my father deserves to be honoured in Kwara State.

“I believe you will serve the people of Kwara well. I know you are a man of integrity. I am appealing to you sir in the name of Allah to do this for me so that my father’s name and all he has put into the development of Kwara State will not perish.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/04/29/saraki-begs-kwara-governor-elect-allahs-name/amp/
Re: Saraki Begs Kwara Governor-elect In Allah’s Name by Afospecialk: 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2019
For?
Re: Saraki Begs Kwara Governor-elect In Allah’s Name by MetaPhysical: 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
Oyinkansola said her late father prepared the political ground in Kwara State, hence he should be immortalised.

Bukola served as Governor and Senator, Gbemi served as Senator and they are both Sarakis. Why is Oyinkan not approaching her siblings to immortalize their father? This is rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Saraki Begs Kwara Governor-elect In Allah’s Name by Afospecialk: 6:11pm On Apr 29, 2019
The legacy ur father instigated has been hindered by his son covetousness nd selfishness.

A new progressive agenda by Abdul Rasaq administration is all that Kwara people ar soliciting for to liberate them from Bukola mischievous not shouting for unmerited honor
Re: Saraki Begs Kwara Governor-elect In Allah’s Name by popsy2(m): 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2019
Saraki?

(1) (Reply)

Army: Foreign interests plotting to scuttle May 29 handover / Buhari, APC, INEC Lose Bid To Stop Presentation Of 48 Video Evidences / Langtang North: Tribunal Sacks Apc’s Namloh-amos, Declares PDP Candidate Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.