Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Accountants' Forum. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Accountants' Forum. (39936 Views)

How Much Does Grand Cereals Pay Accountants At Entry Level? / Institute Of Chartered Accountants Of Nig (ican) 50th Anniversary Essay Contest / What Is The Average Pay Of Chartered Accountants In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accountants' Forum. by beau49: 11:44pm On Nov 12, 2014
Wow this thread has become so dry,where is everybody. The first few pages were very educative and information filled.

Where is the Op and the others,I hope you all can keep this thread going,especially for the accountants both graduates and undergraduates. I for one would like to no more about the IFRS,because I remember it was adopted in 2012(I think).
*Are companies currently applying it?

*What's the difference between IFRS and SAS?

*In other to adopted this new standard,was the change a major or minor one?

*And how can one get hold of a copy of this new standard(I only have the former i.e SAS)

Also if anyone knows accounting/audit firms that accepts a graduate with a 2:2.

I studied accounting at the university(graduated 012),initially I was reluctant to venture into the accounting profession but with what I have been reading and the little I have read here,am beginning to have a rethink.

Would really appreciate a reply.Thanks
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
beau49:
Wow this thread has become so dry,where is everybody. The first few pages were very educative and information filled.

Where is the Op and the others,I hope you all can keep thes thread going,especially for the accountants both graduates and undergraduates. I for one would like to no more about the IFRS,because I remember it was adopted in 2012(I think).
*Are companies currently applying it?

*What's the difference between IFRS and SAS?

*In other to adopted this new standard,was the change a major or minor one?

*And how can one get hold of a copy of this new standard(I only have the former i.e SAS)

Also if anyone knows accounting/audit firms that accepts a graduate with a 2:2.

I studied accounting at the university(graduated 012),initially I was reluctant to venture into the accounting profession but with what I have been reading and the little I have read here,am beginning to have a rethink.

Would really appreciate a reply.Thanks

Yes companies have adopted IFRS in preparing financial statements while Small, medium scale enterprise will be IFRS compliance by next year. Pick up a any news paper with the published account of any Company and see the changes. We now have statement of profit or loss account and other comprehensive incomes as against Trading, profit and loss account and Statement of affairs as against balance sheet.

IFRS is a global trend while SAS has since been abolished the same account we prepare here is now the same account prepared abroad.

The major changes are impairment loss, Property, plant and equipments, fair value, format of preparation e.t.c

Getting a copy is going to the Internet.
As regards looking for an Audit firm, I will advice you type that on the Internet and am sure you will know how to go about them. You could visit Ejike, Okechukwu and Co. Ayeni, Bay and Co. e.t.c
Re: Accountants' Forum. by beau49: 12:15am On Nov 15, 2014
artisticallyart:

Yes companies have adopted IFRS in preparing financial statements while Small, medium scale enterprise will be IFRS compliance by next year. Pick up a any news paper with the published account of any Company and see the changes. We now have statement of profit or loss account and other comprehensive incomes as against Trading, profit and loss account and Statement of affairs as against balance sheet.

IFRS is a global trend while SAS has since been abolished the same account we prepare here is now the same account prepared abroad.

The major changes are impairment loss, Property, plant and equipments, fair value, format of preparation e.t.c

Getting a copy is going to the Internet.
As regards looking for an Audit firm, I will advice you type that on the Internet and am sure you will know how to go about them. You could visit Ejike, Okechukwu and Co. Ayeni, Bay and Co. e.t.c

Many thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

Would do as you suggested and I hope I get what I seek.
Thanks again
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Layiwoo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 25, 2014
beau49:

Many thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

Would do as you suggested and I hope I get what I seek.
Thanks again
We meet again...remember me,U answered my question on promotion,job security bla bla..
Forward me your mail address so I can send a copy of IFRS material I have to you..We accountants always find a way of helping each other out wink
Re: Accountants' Forum. by beau49: 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
Layiwoo:

We meet again...remember me,U answered my question on promotion,job security bla bla..
Forward me your mail address so I can send a copy of IFRS material I have to you..We accountants always find a way of helping each other out wink

Wow! Sure I remember you,thanks a lot I really appreciate your kind gesture. You can send to .......

Good to know you are an accountant like me,following you ASAP.
Thank you! smiley
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Layiwoo(m): 1:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
beau49:

Wow! Sure I remember you,thanks a lot I really appreciate your kind gesture. You can send to chiomaodogu@gmail.com.

Good to know you are an accountant like me,following you ASAP.
Thank you! smiley
Okay then,check your mail wink
Re: Accountants' Forum. by beau49: 1:16pm On Nov 25, 2014
Layiwoo:

Okay then,check your mail wink

Alright,would do that now.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Arynzay: 3:03pm On Nov 26, 2014
ican holders re half baked.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by LFJ: 1:37am On Nov 28, 2014
Arynzay:

If ICAN is half baked, which one is full bake. And if you don't mind, which one do you have?
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 28, 2014
Urgent plz....i studied banking and finance and would like to register for Ican..i don't know how to go about it, the cost and will I be given any exemption....plz help me
Re: Accountants' Forum. by beau49: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2014
enkay27:
Urgent plz....i studied banking and finance and would like to register for Ican..i don't know how to go about it, the cost and will I be given any exemption....plz help me

Visit ican website,you would get all the needed info from there.

Here:
www.icanig.org/ican/
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
beau49:

Visit ican website,you would get all the needed info from there.
Here:
www.icanig.org/ican/

Thanks
Re: Accountants' Forum. by beau49: 3:00pm On Nov 30, 2014
enkay27:

Thanks

You welcome dear smiley
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 06, 2015
I need someone to help. Am a grduate, holding Bsc certificate in accounting, also an affiliate member of ACCA. I don't have work exeprience yet but I want learn SAGE accounting software on my own. I finished NYSC February 2015 and I'm really in need of accounting related Job. Trust me, I have ability to learn fast. And am not expecting a fat salary for a start but am sure I will proof myself as a valuable asset to the organisation. Nairalanders and accountants in the house kindly assist cos I hate idleness, it's killig.

1 Like

Re: Accountants' Forum. by SKYQUEST(m): 5:46pm On Oct 23, 2015
Arynzay:
Are you full baked?

2 Likes

Re: Accountants' Forum. by Jimohlawal(m): 6:23am On Oct 26, 2015
Odunnu:
I'm also a chartered Accountant,got qualified in 2008 in my service year.
Yes, the profession is very. . .thnking of the word to use . . .demanding,unique,versatile and every oda way u want to describe it.
One reason why I love the Accounting profession is the intergrity & character building it bestows on u.
Ask ur questions,I hope i'l be able to help out
Please share with me how you go about getting chartered during your service year.

2 Likes

Re: Accountants' Forum. by SarahD(f): 11:48am On Jan 05, 2016
Hello friends, this a very wonderful forum. Thanks OP for creating this. It will help us all to share ideas and solve problems we may be encountering in our career as Accountants or prospective Accountants.
Please lets keep it alive.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 05, 2016
SarahD:
Hello friends, this a very wonderful forum. Thanks OP for creating this. It will help us all to share ideas and solve problems we may be encountering in our career as Accountants or prospective Accountants.
Please lets keep it alive.
You should keep it alive...because you seems to have gone AWOL. Happy new year.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by SarahD(f): 12:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
GoldenDr:

You should keep it alive...because you seems to have gone AWOL. Happy new year.

GoldenDr, hello.
I wish you the same. How has it been?
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Abbea: 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
I need ideas on how to set up accounts of an existing manufacturing firm that has not been keeping records
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Abbea: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
I need ideas on how to set up accounts of an existing manufacturing firm that has not been keeping records before.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by shoguns: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hi,

Have you been looking for a Simple Online Accounting Solution for your clients ? guys at http://www.probitybooks.com just lauched an Online Business Accounting Software with POS for online merchants, retail stores, SME's and Non Product based businesses, its excellent for invoicing, reporting and inventoy managment. They have a free 15days trial account and their plan starts at N2,000. Your can signup here and get immediate access.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by OLAEFFISSY(m): 10:15am On Mar 28, 2018
We are a medium growing courier firm in need of QUALIFIED ACCOUNTANT (ACCA), Salary is between #1,200,000-#1,440,000 per annum, other benefits are attached the applicant should be between 40-50 years. Forward your CV to career@chaseexpress.net .

Deadline: 4/04/2018
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Paultaiwo101: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2018
Hello Gentlemen and ladies, this thread is very insightful, I'm a graduate of Accounting and currently writing ICAN exams, pls I need a job currently..Any hint will be appreciated. I'm quite vast in accounting . Thanks
Re: Accountants' Forum. by eyinola: 11:12am On Apr 16, 2018
Plz can any one guild me on step by step guide to start ican from the scratch for a non accounting graduate.. By stages
Re: Accountants' Forum. by hydee123(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2018
eyinola:
Plz can any one guild me on step by step guide to start ican from the scratch for a non accounting graduate.. By stages

its easy, you will start from foundation,
call me on 08108775025,i do ican registration
Re: Accountants' Forum. by oaks123: 10:36am On Oct 21, 2018
Hello, please does anyone have contacts for someone who assists with RAP mentorship for the Oxford Brookes BSc in Applied Accounting. I will appreciate the info.
Re: Accountants' Forum. by haibe(m): 1:49pm On Oct 21, 2018
oaks123:
Hello, please does anyone have contacts for someone who assists with RAP mentorship for the Oxford Brookes BSc in Applied Accounting. I will appreciate the info.

You can use Ivy League Associates, just search them on Instagram. I hope by assist you don't mean free mentorship cos that doesn't exist.

You can also use obutraining.com, heres a contact 0703 483 3074
Re: Accountants' Forum. by oaks123: 12:52pm On Nov 05, 2018
Thanks a lot

haibe:

You can use Ivy League Associates, just search them on Instagram. I hope by assist you don't mean free mentorship cos that doesn't exist.

You can also use obutraining.com, heres a contact 0703 483 3074
Re: Accountants' Forum. by Jubrilx3: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Good morning house,

I need to talk to a mid-level accountant, need some help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This Deaf Keke Driver An Inspiration, Or A Danger To Road Users? / CyberSecurity: GRC, CYSA+, AWS, CCSK, CCSP, CISSP, CISA, CRISC, CISM / Describe Your Salary With A Movie Title!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.