Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? (126895 Views)

How To Watch Free To Air On Hitv Decoder / Free To Air Channels On Hitv / Any New Channels On HiTV Satellite? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by vokeefe50: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2010
TCD:

Hi, congratulations that you live in lagos and able to pick up some of these channels with your uhf antenna. I am really happy for you. But 98% of us dont live in lagos so we are not privilege to your luxury, startimes and all. Being able to get these stations FOC is a welcome development for us as local stations in our areas are awful,

To your post, you made some interesting points but like I've stated countless times, i'm a consumer like you and did my own market research to know who can give me better value for my money.

Seriously, your definition of 'world class channels' must be interesting lol. Just comparing the channels on Hitv's premium bouquet where you pay N3,500/month with Channels on Dstv's Family bouquet where you pay N2,500/month, the difference in quality and content is crystal clear and that is why I and many others go for DSTv. Added to it this bonus of watching the stations in the OP free of charge when my subs expires or when I am broke, what more can I say.

Startimes exist only in lagos and abuja i think. We cannot fold our hands and wait forever for them to cover our locality. 

Also for your information, Dstv offers a bouquet called Dstv access for N1,500 a month check it out
www.dstvafrica.com/dstvafrica/content/en/nigeria/nigeria_products?bId=19 . And if per chance you dont have dough to pay your 1,500 one day, you can still watch some stations and be in the know for free!!

Pls get your facts straight from Hitv's website.
A Hitv complete system plus one month subscription is N18,500,

Dstv family + 3 months subscription FREE= 24,900.
Dstv compact + 3 months subscription FREE= N29,900
Dstv premium + 3 Months subscription FREE = 39,900

All these I was able to get from doing my own market research and then I made MY choice.

bros do you know if the Dstv compact plan shows premier league
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by zenus(m): 6:53pm On Sep 21, 2010
4llerbuntu:

well, as i have been earlier assigned the unofficial startimes defender by none less than the great george.d himself grin grin grin

i can only say that i think startimes tries with the following stations

MTVbase, which is why i bought it anyway
E!
Bbc world news,
France24
E-stars(nigerian and african movies),
Nickelodeon,  
BET,
setanta africa, (bad as e bad as in e nor try but sha. . . . . .)
discovery world

the rest to me na jara on top, so maybe its not that much of a bargain, but what i do know is that they will not add a kobo to their 1k unless they add better stations

now for FTA exponents, i wonder how many times one has to repeat it that YES FTA IS GOOD, MAKES SENSE, BARGAIN, FREE bla bla bla but not all of us have the time nor energy for that TP nonsense.

do u expect me to be dashing an installer money intermittently? whilst i neither have the time nor inclination to do the crap on my own!!!!

let me give u another example, if u own a gsm phone and make calls on it then u are a big mumu!!! why, have;nt u heard of skype? or magicfone or other forms of making calls dirtcheap? or even walkietalkie?
so why do u persist in buying gsm phones and dashing mtn money? shebi u know skype is cheaper and easier, why not just do the one off arrangement of getting a VOIP phone or skype and do the calls thing?

the reason u use your phone despite available, cheaper alternatives is the same reason pple buy startimes, dstv and hitv instead of one 3m dish blabla!!

so from me to u all:::: Fu-ck FTA in ten places.

go to taraba state and watch NTA jalingo, maybe then u will understand why pple can actually like watching STV free

Shine your eye.
we are watching what a premium subscribers on paid package cannot watch.
It's not for senseless fool like u
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2010
vokeefe50:

bros do you know if the Dstv compact plan shows premier league
No, to watch premiership matches you need Dstv compact PLUS. That one na N6,800 per month. I'm not much of a football freak, so i just watch important matches involving the Big 4 at a sport centre. if I miss anything, i can catch all the highlights few mins after the match on supersport blitz. But me like Basketball wella, so NBA and College basketball on ESPN and STV including Nigerian basketball on Supersport 9 keep me tuned.

Check this link for Dstv compact plus www.dstvafrica.com/dstvafrica/content/en/nigeria/nigeria_products?bId=26
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by 49cents(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
I hate DSTV because they were extorting Nigerians until HITV and MYTV came. I hate all these Dupes. Startimes have now made them to bring in something new. I like competition because it brings down prices and brings good service. One day their subscription will surely come down to N500. MTN did the same thing but right now something different is happening in the telecom industry.Thanks God for GLOBACOM. What surely goes up will surely come down. I HATE[b] DUPES[/b]

dupe
1    /dup, dyup/ Show Spelled [doop, dyoop] Show IPA noun, verb, duped, dup·ing.
–noun

1.a person who is easily deceived or fooled; gull.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dupe

My friend just wanted to tell you that in that context of your statements; the dupes is not the right word you should use is sth like deceivers; the consumers who are decieved are the real dupes.

I know this is quite  by the way but i believe we can learn some things in unlikely environments
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Goldenmeda(m): 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2010
ok, i don hear,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by warrior01: 8:06pm On Sep 21, 2010
the same DSTV that I pay an equivalent of #1800 per month for premium service in china is charging 9000 here in naija for the same service. Frankly speaking, i am not impressed cos they have been sucking Nigerians dry.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by strangest(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
MOVE OVER TO SECTION,
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by ChScott(m): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2010
These channels are nothing
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by ChScott(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2010
warrior01:

the same DSTV that I pay an equivalent of #1800 per month for premium service in china is charging 9000 here in naija for the same service. Frankly speaking, i am not impressed cos they have been sucking Nigerians dry.
Just imagine this!!!!!!!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Amalaaba: 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hello all. Can anyone advice me on how i can get PEACE TV? I used to get it on MYTV but it has disappeared. I want to choose another cable solution that will provide me Peace TV, which features Dr Zakir Naik. I need your advice.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by bigfather(m): 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2010
eros:

Crap!!! Crap!!! Crap!!! Crap!!!

DStv is a fraudulent and thieving company sucking Nigerians dry just like MTN. angry angry angry angry angry angry

Unfortunately, i am a consumer with no better option or choice to opt for. If only Nigerians can wake up and set up a company that will run them out of business completely in Nigeria.

Can you please tell me how they have been dubious ?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tolulop001(f): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
when does this free view thing start my subscription just expired today, no show oh angry
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Thelonius: 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2010
Though I'm not a big fan of the MNET and the near monopoly that operates in that industry, it sure makes business sense for MNET (give the subscriber a reason to keep the decoders long after the they stop subscribing).

Anyway watch less and read more, It's good for you.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by ARROBA(m): 2:20am On Sep 22, 2010
Just wondering, which cable tv providers offer pre-paid(using recharge card)services in Nigeria?
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by estatemark(m): 8:36am On Sep 22, 2010
A good step in the right direction, an indication of what competition can bring
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by finesam(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2010
%
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by sylve11: 10:41am On Sep 22, 2010
@bilsmith, u well so? grin cool
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by COOLDK(m): 11:03am On Sep 22, 2010
Fu*k DSthieves! What r we clamouring @? Come to zamfara or any part of d north, u watch over 400 free stations on ur strong decoder including Zee cinema, BBC, Aljazeera, Nat geo, show sports, MBCs, NN24 and lots more; simply, d leadn world stations by mere punching in some digits hacking codes.
So what d hell is Dstv subscription? My tv na poo, to hell wt them wt those poo stations. All credits to STRONG decoder & not Dsthieves. Hackers 4 life!
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Pennywise(m): 11:39am On Sep 22, 2010
I have seen my mthly DSTV bill rise from 6k (around 9/11) to 9.5k yesterday. I have never seen a service provider that is as rude and customer unfriendly as DSTV.

The new "free channel" service they just started may seem a big deal to them because it is entirely out of character with DSTV. Sometimes I ask myself if the twin channels of History and BBC K that I watch (none other whatsoever) justifies this huge amount. Every other person in my home is content and happy with MyTv.

The audio channel service they used to provide has since disappeared without excuse or reconsideration in amount paid. I wonder how this compares with what they charge in SA b/c if they were to operate in London with this exorbitant rate they will have to depend parpetually on bank loans to pay salaries. The well-worn excuse of cost of doing business in Nigeria does not hold. PPle who tow this line often ignore the fact that labour remains remarkably cheap in this country.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Tunsbobo(m): 12:47pm On Sep 22, 2010
Mr Tcd, you're saying rubbish.Hitv has slashed down the price of their decoder, it is now N15,000 + 2 month free subscription.I know of Dstv access(N1,500 per month), but it is total crap, b'cos you get to see only few reasonable stations! As for Dstv family(2,500 per month), you don't to see live matches from various leagues like premiership, laliga etc.But with Hitv, you can pay just N3,500 per month and still get to watch live matches plus other world class stations like trace, bet, E! and so on.Dstv does not even has the television right to show champions league and serie A & and they hav only 70% right 2 d premiership, so what the hell is special about Dstv! 'Dsthieves'
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by sledge406: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2010
COOL DK:

Fu*k DSthieves! What r we clamouring @? Come to zamfara or any part of d north, u watch over 400 free stations on your strong decoder including Zee cinema, BBC, Aljazeera, Nat geo, show sports, MBCs, NN24 and lots more; simply, d leadn world stations by mere punching in some digits hacking codes.
So what d hell is Dstv subscription? My tv na poo, to hell wt them wt those poo stations. All credits to STRONG decoder & not Dsthieves. Hackers 4 life!

I get MYTV and DSTV for my house and MYTV na Strong decoder dem dey use.

So tell me wetin I go do wink besides I'm pissed that etv aint on MYTV anymore.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2010
Tunsbobo:

Mr Tcd, you're saying rubbish.Hitv has slashed down the price of their decoder, it is now N15,000 + 2 month free subscription.I know of Dstv access(N1,500 per month), but it is total crap, b'cos you get to see only few reasonable stations! As for Dstv family(2,500 per month), you don't to see live matches from various leagues like premiership, laliga etc.But with Hitv, you can pay just N3,500 per month and still get to watch live matches plus other world class stations like trace, bet, E! and so on.Dstv does not even has the television right to show champions league and serie A & and they hav only 70% right 2 d premiership, so what the hell is special about Dstv! 'Dsthieves'

Hi, you are right. hitv recently launched its 50th independence promo where you buy the decoder for N15K but I'm not all too sure about that 2 months free subscription.

You make the mistake of thinking just like the Hitv management that everyone is a football freak. And it's with this kind of thinking HITV and their likes will continue to fail. Your only argument in your post to convince people about Hitv is just Champions league, carling cup and serie A? Lol

I think I'll stick with Dstv family coz all the so-called 'world class' stations you have on Hitv, i can get their equivalent (in some cases better) in addition to better stations on Dstv family for just N2,500. I dont think I can pay extra N1,000 every month for just few champions league matches a month, carling cup and seria A. Its not worth it.

Please stop spreading lies. Dstv has 100% right to premiership as well as la liga, bundesliga, french league in nigeria and not 70% like you claim. If you know anyone else who claims to have the remaining 30%, let us have it please.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by hob(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2010
i rather watch films dan watch diz local, so called free stations
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by sledge406: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2010
TCD

I never still get the drift on how to get this thing you call free on DSTV to work. BTW, is Blitz station 200 available as well

Fill me in so I know how to go about it.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by beeman80: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2010
These channels are free even with an ordinary television.I dont get the import of their strategy sad
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by Emmyk(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
cool anyways undecided
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 4:23pm On Sep 22, 2010
sledge406:

TCD

I never still get the drift on how to get this thing you call free on DSTV to work. BTW, is Blitz station 200 available as well

Fill me in so I know how to go about it.
You dont have to do anything. You are just able to view the channels in the OP free when your subscription expires and you have not resubscribed. However, if your subscription has expired and you sill dont have access to these channels, you can call customer care or post your smartcard no on their facebook page and request for activation of freeview.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by sledge406: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2010
There are so many DSTV links on FB

Which do I go with probably a link from there would do in here
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2010
DSTv Nigeria OFFICIAL Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/dstvng?r8760a40e&refid=0
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by sledge406: 10:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
Thanks so much & wud send them 2moro
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by onyejify: 11:08am On Sep 23, 2010
@TCD, this your information is not true. My DSTV just expired; and I can only view CCTV and Other Chinese speaking channels as freeview. NTA, AIT and all other local stations are not viewable.

Maybe u should xplain further.
Re: Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? by TCD: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2010
onyejify:

@TCD, this your information is not true. My DSTV just expired; and I can only view CCTV and Other Chinese speaking channels as freeview. NTA, AIT and all other local stations are not viewable.

Maybe u should xplain further.
GO to the Dstv page below, Tell them your subscription just expired, drop your smartcard number and ask them to activate your FreeView channels a customer care rep will attend to it.
DSTv Nigeria OFFICIAL Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/dstvng?r8760a40e&refid=0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

(diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now / Fta Equipment Market. Buy And Sell Fta Equipments Here / Gotv Problem (Many Missing Channels)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.