Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,191 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage (37022 Views)

Makinde: I Can’t Accept Chairmanship Of PDP Governors Forum / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by afroniger: 7:30pm On May 01, 2019
With this sort of defeatist attitude, it is clear that Makinde lacks the leadership acumen to take Oyo to greater heights. He is already making excuses for potential failure. Leadership is not a tea party. Very disappointing.

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by dabossman(m): 7:34pm On May 01, 2019
If Ibadan people curse this guy ehn? grin He better resign on May 30th. So, he knows Nigeria is a federation but will want to share in federal allocation gotten from more productive states. Yeye dey smell.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by gracious4real: 7:35pm On May 01, 2019
Oyo state don buy market. you guys should start doing some thing now concerning this incompetent governor.E never enter office well,e don dey goofed.think of how e go be if he spent just 12 months.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by cooljoe(m): 7:38pm On May 01, 2019
Not sworn in yet and true colours are displayed. If na pre-election them sign this bill now, u for they say u go pay double and on time too. Shame.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:40pm On May 01, 2019
Makinde "Lo le so o" was what we kept hearing before the election. Now things don change.

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by DonJossydirich(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2019
Naijaalive:
The Oyo state governor-elect, Seyi Makinde, has said the state cannot pay the new national minimum wage of N30,000 just signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Makinde in a report in Tribune published on Wednesday, May 1, said the federal governments should have allowed states to negotiate the new minimum wage for their workers as the condition of living varies from state to state.

Makinde told reporters in Abuja after attending the induction programme for returning and newly elected governors that he intends to negotiate with the Oyo state branch of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) because the state could not afford to pay the amount.

He said the federal government lacks the power to impose a national minimum wage of states since Nigeria is a federation.

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/i-cannot-pay-30000-new-minimum-wage-seyi-makinde.html
Oyo 4 Oyo state... Sayi-Sayi, guyman don scam wasterners!

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by EvilMetahuman: 7:41pm On May 01, 2019
NoBetterNigeria:
Why didn't you tell Oyo people this before election my brother

they would have called it propaganda

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
How many months is Ogun state owing jare?

I waiting for you o Mr oldlie ! grin

Check and make inquiries yourself. I don't have your time
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by wifeesnatcher(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2019
Oyo should enjoy themselves for bringing the unprogressive party back to west

Except from aregbe that was doing capital projects above his IGR APC states had been impressive mostly in west and Northwest

PDP is a party we will resist with our blood. Goto abia and anambra, if not for apga that's in control of anambra the useless PDP party would have grounded that state to the level of abia and Enugu

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by seunmsg(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2019
How did he come to the conclusion that Oyo State cannot pay the new minimum wage? Has he reviewed the financial position of the state or what? Does he even know the total workforce of the state? I think this is too premature and very unnecessary coming from him. He’s still the governor elect and not the substantive governor yet. He should get into office first and make informed decisions based on what is on ground before making reckless statements.

7 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by pojophilius(m): 7:46pm On May 01, 2019
teebaxy:
God have Messi on Nigeria even on this day that the Messi himself will be merciless
rubbish!!messi is always merciless

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Okoyeebows: 7:46pm On May 01, 2019
I can see PDP supporting the madness by this useless Governor elect. One demented frog up there is even blaming Buhari.

I really hope this one is not going to be foolish. Careless talk ruined Ajimobi mot that this one is popular.

4 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Stfu

Oyo generates the seventh largest igr in Nigeria which is far more than most state in the East.

Shouldn't he wait to get into office first and assess the situation before churning out unwarranted excuses.

What about his own salaries and benefits? Shouldn't he be looking to splash that.

If Apc had won the last election and made such statements, would you have condone it?

He should get to office before he understands governance? So, he is blind to what the state can offer? Please if your opinion is different from mine, just express yourself without quoting me. We are not on the same page, please swerve

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Iamgrey5(m): 7:53pm On May 01, 2019
oldtruth:

Check and make inquiries yourself. I don't have your time
Show us evidence to back your allegations now or there is none ? grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Queenserah26(f): 7:55pm On May 01, 2019
Maka why now?
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by BluntBoy(m): 7:56pm On May 01, 2019
fairfora:
APC governors except Lagos and Ogun cannot pay 30k miminum wage, pdp govs too. It's pure scam. How much is oyo igr? The security vote you guys are shouting upon, how much is it , state by state? When the money comes, do they pocket it? Where do you think all those police vans and money spent to keep states safe come from? Before you cast aspercion, why not wait and see how many states governed by the apc would be able to eventially pay the disputed wage? When the wage was not yet reviewed and signed into law, osun state with many others was owing workers up to 8 months. What do you think would happen now that the wage is 30k and the allocation has not increased? Reason logically bro.

So, what was the need to vote for him in the first place if he is only going to maintain the status quo grin

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Iamgrey5(m): 7:59pm On May 01, 2019
oldtruth:

He should get to office before he understands governance? So, he is blind to what the state can offer? Please if your opinion is different from mine, just express yourself without quoting me. We are not on the same page, please swerve
Governance !

My opinion!

Bruv, are you just trying to churn out ridiculous words just like the excuse of a governor? cheesy

We are talking about public finances here i.e the financial capacity of the government

Oyo state has the 7th largest igr in Nigeria, no state generating less should be able to pay the money ahead of Oyostate.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by iamACTS: 8:05pm On May 01, 2019
all these guys are CON artists aswearr.....
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:05pm On May 01, 2019
Haha... Scammer nla!
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by BuhariAdvocate: 8:09pm On May 01, 2019
grin cheesy sarcasm I guess. However oyo don buy market.
Bella55555:
Well he probably wants to pay more than that I mean 30k is too small naaaah
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by bond77(m): 8:12pm On May 01, 2019
before nko? he has to balance up the money he collected from that man from Cameroon. grin Oyo is on a long thing .. he thinks governance is like opening a cyber cafe and immediately expecting students to start registering for jamb.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Brightest04(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2019
When this man was campaigning he promised the people heaven on earth,now that he has been voted into office he is trying to crush the people's hope.
The 30k people are even saying that is not enough,Makinde is saying he can't afford to pay it.But he can feel comfortable with his own over a million salary.
Intact God will surely punish any governor who refuses to pay this peanut of a salary the over laboured workers of his state. And Oyo state workers should be ready to give this man the mother of all showdown should he stick to his word.

5 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Ikpongiton: 8:15pm On May 01, 2019
then better resign,idiot .

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 01, 2019
BluntBoy:

So, what was the need to vote for him in the first place if he is only going to maintain the status quo grin

abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by TheIkoro(m): 8:17pm On May 01, 2019
Naijaalive:
The Oyo state governor-elect, Seyi Makinde, has said the state cannot pay the new national minimum wage of N30,000 just signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Makinde in a report in Tribune published on Wednesday, May 1, said the federal governments should have allowed states to negotiate the new minimum wage for their workers as the condition of living varies from state to state.

Makinde told reporters in Abuja after attending the induction programme for returning and newly elected governors that he intends to negotiate with the Oyo state branch of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) because the state could not afford to pay the amount.

He said the federal government lacks the power to impose a national minimum wage of states since Nigeria is a federation.

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/i-cannot-pay-30000-new-minimum-wage-seyi-makinde.html

You wouldn't!! How would you?! When thy forty-five year old "delinquent" CHILD (for striving to learn the facts of life) has to be taught a lesson even one of thy own children has had to term thee a "lunatic" for deeming it fit to learn!! How would you! hypocrite!! When he must be made to earn money by no other means but that which grants him thy "toro kobo" sala see, or "borrow and break" as the only other alternative with which he can earn a living!! How would you?! FOOL!! The most apt description of the space between thy ears - as testified to by Solomon. How would you?! When you have to ascertain in all its entirety that you get to laugh at his grave with the words, "So, after all, what hast thou become?" (Hast thou not begun already - after having asked the question above of me for over fifteen years - hast thou not begun already to ask derisively, "So what did thou walk to become?"wink. No, how would you?! Evil, damned, accursed society!! when thy guilt is such a part of thee in all its entirety that not only children born into lower socio-economic stratas than thy forty-five year old delinquent can dance happily on the streets (to the song, "We have killed a Professor's child"wink but even those that could have been said to be on the same socio-economic strata can this very night celebrate what they assume to be his imminent death - in the very same manner with which Fraudurians celebrated the death of Abacha on the streets!! Evil, damned, accursed nation!! Hast thou not even labelled him, "Abaka?" - to prove the extent to which thy evil intends to make sure he does absolutely nothing with the ten talents given him by his Creator!! How would you?! Evil, damned, accursed peepoo!! Obviously, you cannot!! Evil, damned, and accursed culture!! The likes of you are those that were spitting on Ghaddafi's corpse in Libya - even after all he did for their nation!! The likes of you are those that scourged, spat upon, and crucified The Christ - even after all the good deeds that were wrought by his hands in the midst of thee!! Evil, damned, accursed imbeciles!! Work very hard to make absolutely certain that you "WASTE" his entire life!! He deserves it!! FOOL!! After all, he is nought but meat, chicken, "that thing" - Lunatic, what else hast thou labelled him as?! Work very hard to make of his entire life a "WASTE." Evil, damned, accursed lunatics!! And after then, you can begin to pound your chests for twenty centuries more for having overcome "another one," for having proven that there is no righteous God, for having proven that might only is right!! After all, he and his ilk are not human beings - they cannot be, when they're not of thine!!
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by ThePreachersSon: 8:20pm On May 01, 2019
Oyo people, OYO is your case

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by RALPHOW(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2019
Okay
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by badostic: 8:23pm On May 01, 2019
Because he is a PDP Governor, your refused to include his party?
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 8:28pm On May 01, 2019
Bobinovic:

A man that hasn't been in office for a day is now a criminal. May you not be judged the way you judge.
His people voted for him because they believe that he will make things much better.

I might be wrong calling him a criminal but he hasn't been in office yet but he is exhibiting what one will do.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by SirLakes: 8:30pm On May 01, 2019
MyVILLAGEpeople:

This guy called you are always on Nairaland 24/7.
Besides what time do you normally have to sell your rotten and dead vultures suya meat
He's doing his job
cheesy
He's on nairaland payroll grin
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:33pm On May 01, 2019
SirLakes:

He's doing his job
cheesy
He's on nairaland payroll grin
Hmmmmm.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seye Dairo Resigns As Jandor's Campaign DG, Endorses Rhodes-Vivour / BREAKING: Dokpesi Released From Kuje Prison / Shekau’s ‘death’, Credit To Jonathan’s Govt. DAILY TIMES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.