Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage (37030 Views)

Makinde: I Can’t Accept Chairmanship Of PDP Governors Forum / Seyi Makinde: I Used Carrots, Vitamin C, Blackseed Oil, Honey To Fight COVID-19 / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by West2019(m): 10:53pm On May 01, 2019
U can't pay oga go and resign its not ur money R.I.P in advance
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by asiga(m): 10:54pm On May 01, 2019
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by asiga(m): 10:59pm On May 01, 2019
Another Yahaya Bello has just been voted by the good people of Oyo state.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Odoogu(m): 11:22pm On May 01, 2019
My �...
Most of our political aspirants especially those who contest for sensitive positions like the presidency and governorship, always have this illusion without proper assessing with them. Most of us remember the plethora of promises made by Muhammad Buhari b4 he assumed his current position. Now that he is there, the story is different. If it was that easy who would vote Jonathan out? Engineer Seyi Makinde was of the affirmative when asked if he would pay the new minimum wage if implemented. He must have seen glimpses of what he will inherit in as it concerns Oyo state in all. Now the story is different.
"These people" don't take us serious, they sit outside the box and begin to churn "nothings" out of their mouth to make them look credible, and at the end.. Same same. They never talk how they will consolidate on the progress of the incumbent govt. All they say is how they will change it as if nothing is working.
We are intelligent people, let's open our eyes and minds when voting. Abhor prejudice(religion, statesman, tribe etc) and let's look out for the well being of each other in respective of tribe, religion etc.
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 01, 2019
olajizz01:
Who tell you that osun is owing 8months salaries, as far as Oyetola assumed power, he never owe workers and pay them in full.

The 75% and 50% salaries that was paying workers of top echelons during Aregbe was agreed upon between govt and the labour leaders/union.

It's better to forgo that because they both agreed upon it,hence they can't go to court and no govt will pay that.
I have people in osun civil service . The overnight settlement of part of the salary was for election purposes. Wait a minute, where were you when Osun workers were protesting non payment of salary arrears almost everyday, to the extent that the whole nation were pitying them ? Film case you've forgotten, Google is your friend .

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by mayorisaac: 11:52pm On May 01, 2019
well play... laughing in Barça's tone
Naijaalive:
The Oyo state governor-elect, Seyi Makinde, has said the state cannot pay the new national minimum wage of N30,000 just signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Makinde in a report in Tribune published on Wednesday, May 1, said the federal governments should have allowed states to negotiate the new minimum wage for their workers as the condition of living varies from state to state.

Makinde told reporters in Abuja after attending the induction programme for returning and newly elected governors that he intends to negotiate with the Oyo state branch of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) because the state could not afford to pay the amount.

He said the federal government lacks the power to impose a national minimum wage of states since Nigeria is a federation.

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/i-cannot-pay-30000-new-minimum-wage-seyi-makinde.html
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Yemi7up: 12:30am On May 02, 2019
Gaddafi1:
Oyo state have not seen anything yet, this man is well known for owing workers' salary. His workers at MAKON Engineering (oil and gas) are being owed 6 months salary.
Even when Shell Petroleum (client) pays, he will still claim that there is no money to pay the meager salary the staff is receiving.

A society will always get the leader they deserve.
Leave them let them swim in the omi tuntun.

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by MT: 12:37am On May 02, 2019
I blame all this madness on the unreasonable NLC. Sadly, a lot of people cheered them on with their reckless demand. Instead of them to go on strike demanding senators and house of rep allowances to be drastically reduced, for more jobs to be created in a measurable way, they kept shouting all over for increment in salary when the existing 18k has not been fulfilled. Now , the hen has come home to roost!

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by banio: 2:39am On May 02, 2019
You can steal #1 billion per month but can't pay workers. Your annual budget will be around #200billion, yet you can't fund a wage bill of #60billion per annum.

Governors are thieves
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by capitalzero: 3:43am On May 02, 2019
I do not think news is real
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by AlphaStyles(m): 4:08am On May 02, 2019
Prepare to lose in the next election
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by karimcarim(m): 5:18am On May 02, 2019
What's a disappointment cool shocked
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Mishhcre(m): 5:32am On May 02, 2019
And he just got elected?
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by olajizz01(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2019
fairfora:
I have people in osun civil service . The overnight settlement of part of the salary was for election purposes. Wait a minute, where were you when Osun workers were protesting non payment of salary arrears almost everyday, to the extent that the whole nation were pitying them ? Film case you've forgotten, Google is your friend .
That was when he owed them,it has been settled.

The workers of top echelons receiving 75 to 50% salaries were below 30% of overall workers and they both agreed upon it, but all will be shouting half salaries as if more than 70% were not receiving full payment especially when they are owing people outside.I know much because I'm in osun.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Bella55555(f): 7:44am On May 02, 2019
olajizz01:
Keep living in a fool Paradise.
it's sarcasm please
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Bella55555(f): 7:44am On May 02, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
grin cheesy sarcasm I guess. However oyo don buy market.
it's sarcasm please
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by CID11: 8:01am On May 02, 2019
most of these states can't afford to pay the 30000 .Don't mind the propaganda even the federal will struggle with it. He said he will negotiate with labour. is better to be consistent than to end up owing back log of salaries
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by akintunde63: 9:12am On May 02, 2019
Naijaalive:
The Oyo state governor-elect, Seyi Makinde, has said the state cannot pay the new national minimum wage of N30,000 just signed into law by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Makinde in a report in Tribune published on Wednesday, May 1, said the federal governments should have allowed states to negotiate the new minimum wage for their workers as the condition of living varies from state to state.

Makinde told reporters in Abuja after attending the induction programme for returning and newly elected governors that he intends to negotiate with the Oyo state branch of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) because the state could not afford to pay the amount.

He said the federal government lacks the power to impose a national minimum wage of states since Nigeria is a federation.

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/05/i-cannot-pay-30000-new-minimum-wage-seyi-makinde.html

All states can absolutely afford to pay the 30k minimum wage, any state that can not has no business being a state in Nigeria. The govs need to cut all wasteful expenditures, reduce the number of their aides, especially those seniors assistants, senior special assistants, senior technical assistants, technical assistants....and all sort of nonsense! This is exactly what the gov of Ebonyi just did, he sacked over 300 of the useless and meaningless aides.
The states shd also look for ways of increasing their IGR, instead of sitting and waiting for allocation from Abuja every month
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:52pm On May 02, 2019
Npfn:

A failed sick human being moving from one thread to another you think we don't know you Felix Terungwa Dav keep on even your buharistblog is dying boy

So that's his name?? And the ode is even from Benue state.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Obestconsults: 9:11pm On May 05, 2019
Hi,
Re: Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage by Obestconsults: 9:15pm On May 05, 2019
Get a plot of land with C of O at Atan otta, ogun state.
For just 1million

You can also pay as low as 100000 monthly to pay off.. Chat or call me on 08136597332

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Shekau’s ‘death’, Credit To Jonathan’s Govt. DAILY TIMES. / Wike & His Wife Eberechi At Rivers State Government Thanksgiving Service(photos) / Man Killed In Rivers As Soldiers-Militants Clash (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.