Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,820 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker (5058 Views)

Doguwa: A man With 4 Wives & 28 Children Has The Leadership Skills To Be Speaker / Compensate Me By Supporting Iyan Zazzau To Be Speaker – El-rufai Begs Tinubu / 'Femi Gbajabiamila Cannot Be Speaker' Protest Rocks Nigerian Consulate In U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by GenSpecifics: 9:19am On May 02, 2019
Femi Gbamijiliaba or whatever is a disgraced, disbarred lawyer fleeing prosecution in the US for fleecing a client of $10,000 .

For Femi to even nurse any ambition to aspire to the position of Speaker and 4th citizen of Nigeria speaks volumes of the kind of people Nigerians are. Will this not be reinforcing the stereotype that Nigerians are thieves and crooks not to be trusted ?

I don't blame Femi at all , it is that gbana vagabond criminal whom the oyoruba have deemed fit to be their leader.

Why is it that nothing good can come out from that ugly frog eyed goat ?

6 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by lekkie073(m): 3:31pm On May 02, 2019
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by tgwltm(m): 3:38pm On May 02, 2019
GULLIBILITY is the order of the day in today’s politics, bunch of BLIND FOLLOWERS.

2 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:48pm On May 02, 2019
GenSpecifics:
Femi Gbamijiliaba or whatever is a disgraced, disbarred lawyer fleeing prosecution in the US for fleecing a client of $10,000 .

For Femi to even nurse any ambition to aspire to the position of Speaker and 4th citizen of Nigeria speaks volumes of the kind of people Nigerians are. Will this not be reinforcing the stereotype that Nigerians are thieves and crooks not to be trusted ?

I don't blame Femi at all , it is that gbana vagabond criminal whom the oyoruba have deemed fit to be their leader.

I have always wonder and kept mute on this....this man has a case to answer in the U.S. yet we want to make him a speaker..this naija..our leaders...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by yarimo(m): 7:09pm On May 02, 2019
GenSpecifics:

Mteeeewwwww IPOBIANS and hate are like 5 and 6

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Afamed: 7:13pm On May 02, 2019
Opinions from 5% votes, it remains inconsequential

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Afamed: 7:14pm On May 02, 2019
valentineuwakwe:

I have always wonder and kept mute on this....this man has a case to answer in the U.S. yet we want to make him a speaker..this naija..our leaders...
Inconsequential 5% on rampage

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Ejanla07: 8:05pm On May 02, 2019
The Nigerian lower house is full of shady characters as espoused by a recent revelation by the Supreme Court of Georgia in the US. Saharareporters found out that On February 26 2007 the highest court in the state of Georgia ordered that Femi Gbaja with state bar number 288330 be suspended from the practice of law for 36 months.
The punishment for Femi Gbaja’s offence would have been outright debarment, however he played dead before a full panel of the Supreme Court of Georgia led by Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears,before the court could rule on the petition from his client, he filed a petition for Voluntary Discipline, filed under bar rule 4-227(b) in which he fully admitted to stealing $25,000 from his client.
Femi Gbaja as he was known in the case file accepted payment of $25,000 as a personal injury claims and deposited those funds in his attorney trust account in January 2003. He failed to disburse the funds to his client; instead he withdrew the funds, closed his practice and left for Nigeria where he ran for elections to represent Surulere I Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representative under the banner of Alliance for Democracy (AD) in 2003. Upon arrival in Nigeria, curiously, Mr. Femi Gbaja added another name to avoid detection, he is known in Nigeria with a compound name “Femi Gbaja-Biamila”.
A cursory look at his bio on the website of the National Assembly (www.nassnig.org) also betrays his crooked intention to avoid detection, while he gave his undergraduate degree college as the University of Lagos; his US education was shrouded in mystery as he claimed to have attended John Marshall Law School, USA. True, Mr. Femi Gbaja is a graduate of John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, Georgia and was admitted to the Georgia State Bar in June 2001 but in the United States alone there are two of such law schools, one in Chicago and another one in Atlanta, Georgia where Femi Gbaja graduated.
In the Georgia Attorney Directory, Femi Gbaja gave his address as 20, Mercy Eneli Street Surulere, Lagos. He is said to have refunded the clients money ($25,000) in 2006 and his lawyers have already submitted a certification of compliance of the Supreme Court ruling as of March 2007. Making him ineligible to practice law in the State of Georgia until February 2010.

saharareporters.com/2007/09/16/lagos-rep-house-representative-fraud-scandal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by wyqay: 9:11pm On May 02, 2019
chai.......... which way Nigeria?
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by ucheo: 9:27pm On May 02, 2019
This is serious..lets leave tribal sentiments óo...he needs to address these cos its even enough grounds to impeach him even if he wins.
it will b bad for our democracy
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Front0lane: 10:00pm On May 02, 2019
Pls do not let your bigoted Igbotic father wail to the grave early o. No go die untimely over Yoruba matter
Foolish Igbos will claim ignorance of this bigot, small time they will claim Yoruba started this.

How any bigoted lunatic can start wailing about Yoruba man he never met or ever will is beyond every human comprehension.
This set of chest beating baboons are indeed cursed till eternity.

GenSpecifics:

7 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by slimfit1(m): 10:06pm On May 02, 2019
Ordinary Nigerians are in trouble if he wins.
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by aolawale025: 10:15pm On May 02, 2019
How do criminals even get to contest elections in Nigeria?
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 02, 2019
Front0lane:
Pls do not let your bigoted Igbotic father wail to the grave early o. No go die untimely over Yoruba matter
Foolish Igbos will claim ignorance of this bigot, small time they will claim Yoruba started this.

How any bigoted lunatic can start wailing about Yoruba man he never met or ever will is beyond every human comprehension.
This set of chest beating baboons are indeed cursed till eternity.

Young man, I was assuming you were intelligent enough to counter what he said, assuming its a lie, but rather you went tribal thereby displaying your low I.Q.

You see my good friend, the problem with Nigeria is not Buhari or Atiku, but people like you who drum support for mediocrity, thieves and criminals just because of tribal and religious sentiments.
Its really a pity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 02, 2019
Castroii:

Young man, I was assuming you were intelligent enough to counter what he said, assuming its a lie, but rather you went tribal thereby displaying your low I.Q.

You see my good friend, the problem with Nigeria is not Buhari or Atiku, but people like you who drum support for mediocrity, thieves and criminals just because of tribal and religious sentiments.
Its really a pity.
And also hypocrites like you who would have turned a blind eye if the man were to be from your zone.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 02, 2019
kingkakaone:

And also hypocrites like you who would have turned a blind eye if the man were to be from your zone.
Lol, let me just give you the benefit of doubt of being a bit intelligent.
you don't just assume everybody is like you..... There are people who call a spade a spade irrespective of whatever.
Bros everybody is not your everyday political sycophant online who support evil because it favours them, I am too big and sane to be blinded by tribe or religion.
As far as I am a Nigerian who wants Nigeria to be a better place someday, I will always castigate and condemn evil when I see one, especially from politicians and people like you.
Cheers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by senatordave1(m): 11:32pm On May 02, 2019
Castroii:

you don't just assume everybody is like you..... There are people who call a spade a spade irrespective of whatever.
Bros everybody is not your everyday political sycophant online who support evil because it favours them, I am too big and sane to be blinded by tribe or religion.
As far as I am a Nigerian who wants Nigeria to be a better place someday, I will always castigate and condemn evil when I see one, especially from politicians and people like you.
Cheers.
Guy,the man may be guilty but in our politics,its normal.almost every politician has such skeletons stacked away.again,all reps have one controversual cases or the other.femi is the next speaker,nothing will stop him
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 02, 2019
Castroii:

Cheers.
If this comment of yours is your yardstick for intelligence, I'd rather not be called one.
A man who thinks he knows better than others knows nothing at all.

3 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Nobody: 12:08am On May 03, 2019
senatordave1:

Guy,the man may be guilty but in our politics,its normal.almost every politician has such skeletons stacked away.again,all reps have one controversual cases or the other.femi is the next speaker,nothing will stop him
Bros I have real nothing against Mr Femi, I don't know him personally and he doesn't know me, but just like you mentioned in your post that some abnormal things are normal in Nigeria especially in our politics, which us where I have issues with.
For us to be a better nation, political positions should be a place of equity and he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

3 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by engineerboat(m): 1:15am On May 03, 2019
Femi Gbaja to gbe jombo.
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by engineerboat(m): 1:17am On May 03, 2019
Castroii:

Bros I have real nothing against Mr Femi, I don't know him personally and he doesn't know me, but just like you mentioned in your post that some abnormal things are normal in Nigeria especially in our politics, which us where I have issues with.
For us to be a better nation, political positions should be a place of equity and he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

Don't waste your precious time on this people.

There heart is cealed with hot iron

3 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Mace0lane: 3:41am On May 03, 2019
Here we have a tribe that voted an olosho that her video clip is all over Italy n on the internet as a representative into the National Assembly, these are the same set of despicable souls that are shamelessly, hopelessly n senselessly demanding moral justification from another tribe.

That God will punish your entire tribe for having the effrontery to make such demand from other Nigerians while you can not demand such from your kinsmen is an understatement.

This is what you get when a tribe is powered by bigotry hate n incredible foolishness. I am yet to see a Yoruba wake in the middle of the nite writing trash about any God forsaken elected lost jew. It’s even on record a cursed governor in that region owe 25 months salary n he was re-elected as if he is the next best thing after father Xmas probably because the bastard shared kerosene.

engineerboat:

Don't waste your precious time on this people.

There heart is cealed with hot iron

Castroii:

Cheers.
ucheo:
This is serious..lets leave tribal sentiments óo...he needs to address these cos its even enough grounds to impeach him even if he wins.
valentineuwakwe:

GenSpecifics:
tgwltm:
GULLIBILITY is the order of the day in today’s politics, bunch of BLIND FOLLOWERS.

2 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by engineerboat(m): 5:44am On May 03, 2019
Mace0lane:
Here we have a tribe that voted an olosho that her video clip is all over Italy n on the internet as a representative into the National Assembly, these are the same set of despicable souls that are shamelessly, hopelessly n senselessly demanding moral justification from another tribe.

That God will punish your entire tribe for having the effrontery to make such demand from other Nigerians while you can not demand such from your kinsmen is an understatement.

This is what you get when a tribe is powered by bigotry hate n incredible foolishness. I am yet to see a Yoruba wake in the middle of the nite writing trash about any God forsaken elected lost jew. It’s even on recorded a cursed governor in that region owe 25 months salary n he was re-elected as if he is the next best thing after father Xmas probably because the bastard shared kerosene.

Lo so fun awon to ran e nise wipe o mose je

O da bi eni wipe nkan jeun Lori e.

Bawo lo se kun ailopolo lori bayi naaa.

Oro radarada.

Whoever is not supporting your propaganda and foolishness now is from east.

Foolish set of people.

Wa bi gba lo.

Oponu lasan lasan

3 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by Mace0lane: 6:06am On May 03, 2019
They don’t just have to be from the East we have bastards like Bode George, Adebabjo n co. So am not surprised with your likes n not sorry your wailing continues till 2023.

engineerboat:

Lo so fun awon to ran e nise wipe o mose je

O da bi eni wipe nkan jeun Lori e.

Bawo lo se kun ailopolo lori bayi naaa.

Oro radarada.

Whoever is not supporting your propaganda and foolishness now is from east.

Foolish set of people.

Wa bi gba lo.

Oponu lasan lasan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by oyatz(m): 6:17am On May 03, 2019
Hon Femi Gbajabiamila has responded to this issues when his detractors brought it up in 2015.
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by IvarTheBoneless: 6:53am On May 03, 2019
A tribe that is among the top 3 tribes in Nigeria, but relegated to only Houseboy positions is still making noise.

Instead of them to beg Yorubas for a seat at the table...find out how they did it. Learn from them....

Hausas are hell-bent on making YOU slaves forever. Only Yoruba stands against that becoming a reality.

Keep it up and we would soon move out of the way. Mark these words.

3 Likes

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by engineerboat(m): 6:59am On May 03, 2019
Mace0lane:
They don’t just have to be from the East we have bastards like Bode George, Adebabjo n co. So am not surprised with your likes n not sorry your wailing continues till 2023.

Nkan ta si e lopolo

1 Like

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by engineerboat(m): 7:00am On May 03, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
A tribe that is among the top 3 tribes in Nigeria, but relegated to only Houseboy positions is still making noise.

Instead of them to beg Yorubas for a seat at the table...find out how they did it. Learn from them....

Hausas are hell-bent on making YOU slaves forever. Only Yoruba stands against that becoming a reality.

Keep it up and we would soon move out of the way. Mark these words.

Wo eni to soro.

Yhanyhan
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by IvarTheBoneless: 7:01am On May 03, 2019
engineerboat:

Wo eni to soro.

Yhanyhan

I like how you have enjoyed your slavery. You have even adopted our language. Tribal marks na him remain now grin

English language is spoken by billions globally. How do you think that happened? Colonization of course!

I am 100% sure you can't speak your native language as well as you speak Yoruba. CONCLUSION: you are MY slave tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by ShinqRambq: 7:02am On May 03, 2019
Coneheadss always disgracing their ewedu head upandan

1 Like

Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by IvarTheBoneless: 7:02am On May 03, 2019
grin
Re: A Disgraced And Fugitive Lawyer Should Never Be Speaker by bigpicture001: 7:02am On May 03, 2019
ucheo:

APC are tinubu zombies....they will still install him as speaker so long as their god has ssid so

(1) (2) (Reply)

Map Of South Western Nigeria Showing 61 Locations Of Fulani Settlements In West / "You Call Yourself A Benin Man, Yet You Stand Before Our Oba Wearing A Cap" / PDP Constitutes Campaign Council For C/River, Imo, Plateau & Ondo Bye-Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.