Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,124 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:40 AM

Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa (17974 Views)

God Does Not Live In Heaven - Pastor Abel Damina (Video) / Adewale Giwa: Pastors That Own Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven / "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by jeff1607(m): 10:01am On May 03, 2019
lonelydora:
Pastor Giwa, it's nobody's fault that your members are not very rich to gift you a PJ. Those pastors buying PJs are using it to propagate the word of God. That Jesus trekked during his time because there was no car/PJ doesn't mean Pastor should trek.

Do you think if Jesus existed now, he won't use a PJ? Jesus used a colt no one has rode on, meaning he wanted the best for himself.

If Dangote and Tony Elumelu owns PJs, why won't men of God own same too. "Every good thing comes from God" says the scripture. Na poor man dey talk say Guinness stout dey bitter.

The earlier you all change your mentality about Pastors, the better for you all.

That's how they also argue about using phones to read bible in church. We all should then go back to Scrolls and not even the paper bible.

Nonsense

kindly name just one pastor who has in past 2years used his private jet to propagate the gospel just like the early missionaries did to remote and dangerous places, just one Nigerian pastor ,I don't mean going for meetings or to inaugurate a new church , risks the missionaries did to take the gospel to places that might make them loose their lives other people or diseases, many missionaries did this with ships and helicopters e.g late father slathery of St Dennis, sis goretti from Ireland, they died here

1 Like

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by gunnersway(m): 10:07am On May 03, 2019
lonelydora:
Pastor Giwa, it's nobody's fault that your members are not very rich to gift you a PJ. Those pastors buying PJs are using it to propagate the word of God. That Jesus trekked during his time because there was no car/PJ doesn't mean Pastor should trek.

Do you think if Jesus existed now, he won't use a PJ? Jesus used a colt no one has rode on, meaning he wanted the best for himself.

If Dangote and Tony Elumelu owns PJs, why won't men of God own same too. "Every good thing comes from God" says the scripture. Na poor man dey talk say Guinness stout dey bitter.

The earlier you all change your mentality about Pastors, the better for you all.

That's how they also argue about using phones to read bible in church. We all should then go back to Scrolls and not even the paper bible.

Nonsense
Do you know how many millions of dollars aviation fuel costs yearly?
Do you know how many millions of dollars parking rights costs yearly?
Do you know how many millions of dollars landing fees costs yearly each time your pastor lands with his private jet in any airport?
Do you know how many millions of dollars maintenance gulps yearly for the private jets?
Are these really how you want your tithes, offerings and donations spent?
How about using them to build more health centers that offers the members free medical care?
How about building and equipping schools that church members wouldn't pay school fees?
Acquiring private jet is not God's favour, its a venture that costs you and your members a fortune and God's blessings doesn't put you under pressure.
The Pope doesn't have one private jet, the Archbishop of Canterbury has none, the heads of methodist, Presbyterian, orthodox, the chief Jewish Rabbi, the grand Imam of Egypt all uses public chartered flight or public flights because they know maintaining a private jet will costs fortune. It's only the local pastors of the world's porest people, who has no regards and kindness for its masses that keeps amassing private jets. What is wrong with our mentality?

3 Likes

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by awoluyi(m): 10:09am On May 03, 2019
Nothing guarantees that the Pastor trekking will make heaven. Whenever i look at the qualifications required to get admission to heaven, I fear for the Pastors, their followers including myself. We are all striving towards it. We shouldn't lose the sight of the fact that Pastors too are basically Christians subject to judgement before the Throne. Do not forget that Christianity is now a very lucrative merchandise especially in countries where even mundane problem requires divine intervention.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by chuks1love(m): 10:15am On May 03, 2019
lonelydora:

Nonsense

you spoke my mind.... 100%
God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by owoshuyi(m): 10:16am On May 03, 2019
wow. according to which book in the bible?
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Psoul(m): 10:26am On May 03, 2019
In as much as I always restrain from bn very free to talk anyhow about men of God, I will love to say that this man lacks wisdom of God. He may also be trying to become relevance by inclining to negative comment about his colleagues.

This is the kind of Pastors that will make u see God as one Being who always sits on His judgement throne looking out for to condemn. They the type that create so much fear in the heart of ppl about God and make ppl beliv they are not even qualified to talk about God except ppl like him alone.

See this quote from his post:

“The truth is that, they know they are buying jets to compete with one another. Our God is not a God of convenience, but a God of commitment. Jesus Christ did not teach us to be using jets to preach the gospel.

He said that his God is not a God of convenience. Hahaha. I don't want to beliv this shit. So called called us to only suffer. Big lie.
He is the type that will beliv the suffering, poverty and hardship is virtue and a sign of who a true child of God is. Pastor I refuse to beliv u in this one.

I beliv that this pastor has one or two cars. Why buying the car instead of trekking everyday to go for his daily gospel mission since his God is not a God of convenience. Why building a church, let ur members sit under a tree while u stand under the sun to deliver ur sermons. U don't need convenience. Suffer very well and only hope for ur rewards in heaven.

I can see that this pastor is jealous. Hw can u say that a pastors that have private jets will not make heaven. E be like say na u draft heavenly constitution and laws for God.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by lonelydora: 10:34am On May 03, 2019
gunnersway:

Do you know how many millions of dollars aviation fuel costs yearly?
Do you know how many millions of dollars parking rights costs yearly?
Do you know how many millions of dollars landing fees costs yearly each time your pastor lands with his private jet in any airport?
Do you know how many millions of dollars maintenance gulps yearly for the private jets?
Are these really how you want your tithes, offerings and donations spent?
How about using them to build more health centers that offers the members free medical care?
How about building and equipping schools that church members wouldn't pay school fees?
Acquiring private jet is not God's favour, its a venture that costs you and your members a fortune and God's blessings doesn't put you under pressure.
The Pope doesn't have one private jet, the Archbishop of Canterbury has none, the heads of methodist, Presbyterian, orthodox, the chief Jewish Rabbi, the grand Imam of Egypt all uses public chartered flight or public flights because they know maintaining a private jet will costs fortune. It's only the local pastors of the world's porest people, who has no regards and kindness for its masses that keeps amassing private jets. What is wrong with our mentality?

Stop displaying your ignorance publicly. Joel Osteen of Lakewood church in US owns PJ, Creflo Dollars owns PJ....i can name many so many foreign pastors that own PJs. By the way, who told you these Pastors do not run charity organisations?
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by lonelydora: 10:36am On May 03, 2019
jeff1607:

kindly name just one pastor who has in past 2years used his private jet to propagate the gospel just like the early missionaries did to remote and dangerous places, just one Nigerian pastor ,I don't mean going for meetings or to inaugurate a new church , risks the missionaries did to take the gospel to places that might make them loose their lives other people or diseases, many missionaries did this with ships and helicopters e.g late father slathery of St Dennis, sis goretti from Ireland, they died here

Have you heard of Papau New Guinea before?
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Philinho(m): 10:36am On May 03, 2019
You are speaking out of poverty. When JESUS moved in Ship comfortably with even pillows,while the multitude walked afoot to the other side of the river the poor could not afford it... . By the time you start ministering abroad requently you'll understand. .You are not the owner of heaven to count who will not enter.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by lonelydora: 10:38am On May 03, 2019
Tecumsehdgreat:
There was chariot and wagon back then used by the rich didn’t use it ,sense is far from you ode

You are wallowing in ignorance. Chariots are for wars and not for transportation. Mvmu
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by lonelydora: 10:39am On May 03, 2019
Sambaby7640:
STFU, you thinking Jesus will use PJ if it was in this age he came shows you know nothing of the Christ. He came to suffer for our sins not to come and enjoy life and live the best life.you punk

You guys should stop hating. Change church and seek for a bible believing one
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Originalsly: 10:41am On May 03, 2019
lonelydora:

Jesus used a colt no one has rode on, meaning he wanted the best for himself.

If Dangote and Tony Elumelu owns PJs, why won't men of God own same too.

"Every good thing comes from God" says the scripture.

Nonsense

Did Jesus ride a colt?...or was it a lion? Whatever it was.... did he own it? This same pastor rode in a 737 plane... is he the owner?

Did Dangote claim he is a MOG?...and God tells him what to do?... and done expect Dangote to live like Jesus did? Do you even know the role of a pastor?

Why didn't any of the disciples or prophets before them get good things from God?...not even Jesus?

The earlier you stop opening your mouth and swallowing the drool of materialistic pastors the better for you. No doubt...you are a sheeple.

× topic... the guy is on point.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by graciously2013: 10:41am On May 03, 2019
I used to criticize people that uses milk to sip garri not until the day I tried it. Poverty na bastard.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by leofab(f): 10:44am On May 03, 2019
profolaolu:
This can be 95% true because JESUS Christ our Lord did not buy a donkey talkmore of a ship,He borrowed house,ship and donkey,so who are these pastors buying assorted luxurious cars and jets patterned after? Christian are little Christ or Christlike, so what are we talking about,
[/b] Matthew 19:23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

JESUS Christ never teach of accumulating wealth, I pity christians that are following this vampire preachers
is this why Christianity is filled with paupers?
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Frankaka8(m): 10:44am On May 03, 2019
lonelydora:

Nonsense
Bros, there is alot to be done in Naija, there are many poor families among us, the billions used for private jet should hav been invested to save many souls financially, materially and spiritually. This is showbiz, No more. No less.

1 Like

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by sunkieisland(m): 10:46am On May 03, 2019
Na him be the gate keeper. So he will be standing there to send all pastors with private jet to hell

Mtcheew sad sad sad
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by marshalcarter: 10:49am On May 03, 2019
Johnson078:

Egg roll n trophy bi bawo, where is.my asunnn abeg
bro...it's the latest trend now grin just like Tonto and reginal grin hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... imagine eating Tonto and reginal cheesy

sense wee nor kee me
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Kennydoc(m): 11:14am On May 03, 2019
HigherEd:
The jet in itself can never be the problem.
With God, intentions really ultimately matters. God cursed Cain for Killing Abel from the wickedness of his heart. That same God vindicated Moses for killing the Egyptian who was oppressing the Israelites.

The Law of God states that "thou shalt not kill" yet David slew thousands and God never said a word. The day David murdered an innocent man and committed adultery, he paid dearly for it. What differentiated all these killings and their varied responses from God was motive.

If a person genuinely in his heart believes that a Private jet amplifies his capacity to preach the gospel then he should go ahead and purchase the jet. The wrong thing would be to buy it to show off or compete or to make such things priority over direct charity. But if you think that private jet in itself is sinful then you are being naive. There's no difference between a private jet and a private car. The same reason a person needs to buy a private car is the same that justifies a private jet purchase.{remember intentions really matters than cost, again, David slaughtered thousands and never got punished, but he killed one man unjustly and paid for it. Buying a bicycle for the wrong reason is in fact worse than buying a private jet for the right reason}

It's amazing but God does not hassle or compete with humans. The bible says in Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them"

Whatever you desire! The bible is making it clear that the desires of his children matters and is only secondary to God's desires... If as a Christian you desire poverty you will get poverty, if you desire wealth you will get wealth...

Wow! Fantastic response!!
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by kingdave(m): 11:40am On May 03, 2019
Perfect analysis.Just like sin in the new testament is anything you do that is not of faith and the love of God.
HigherEd:
With God, intentions really ultimately matters. God cursed Cain for Killing Abel from the wickedness of his heart. That same God vindicated Moses for killing the Egyptian who was oppressing the Israelites.

The Law of God states that "thou shalt not kill" yet David slew thousands and God never said a word. The day David murdered an innocent man and committed adultery, he paid dearly for it. What differentiated all these killings and their varied responses from God was motive.

If a person genuinely in his heart believes that a Private jet amplifies his capacity to preach the gospel then he should go ahead and purchase the jet. The wrong thing would be to buy it to show off or compete or to make such things priority over direct charity. But if you think that private jet in itself is sinful then you are being naive. There's no difference between a private jet and a private car. The same reason a person needs to buy a private car is the same that justifies a private jet purchase.{remember intentions really matters than cost, again, David slaughtered thousands and never got punished, but he killed one man unjustly and paid for it. Buying a bicycle for the wrong reason is in fact worse than buying a private jet for the right reason}

It's amazing but God does not hassle or compete with humans. The bible says in Mark 11:24 "Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them"

Whatever you desire! The bible is making it clear that the desires of his children matters and is only secondary to God's desires... If as a Christian you desire poverty you will get poverty, if you desire wealth you will get wealth...
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by osothermal(m): 11:53am On May 03, 2019
Secretary of Heaven we hear
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by coolwater11: 11:59am On May 03, 2019
Interesting post so I did some research and your argument seems correct.
There is a book called revelations that Jesus used to signal his second coming. He wrote letters to 7 churches and guess what? The majority of his followers were on a direct path to hell and had no clue. The 2 that were commended were "poor and small"!!

Ask yourself the more important questions, do you really believe the gospel many are preaching is changing the hearts of men? I challenge you to take half your possessions and count what percentage of your church members you will trust too keep it safe for 2 years. Also if you have a beautiful wife experiment in you mind what percentage of your 'brethren' you would trust her with.

Truth be told church is now more of fashion statement. If you doubt it, simplify your appearances, or pretend you are no longer that rich and vibrant GIRL or Bro and see how fast attitudes change towards you.
jeff1607:

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 03, 2019
Jealousy, go and buy your own, upon the windscreen you put for face you cant see God. angry
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by coolwater11: 12:17pm On May 03, 2019
You people are blind
quentin06:
Jealousy, go and buy your own, upon the windscreen you put for face you cant see God. angry
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by enzoLafayette: 12:26pm On May 03, 2019
lonelydora:

Nonsense
uncle don't mislead people.. In Jesus time don't you think chariots is available? Why did Jesus choose to ride that donkey.. Jesus might have been born from the family of the sanhendry or from the powerful ruling house of Herold but he was not born from an earthly queen but from a poor virgin.. When Jesus was selecting his apostles why he didn't pick from the pharisees or sadusee.. That he pick his apostles from fishermen, farmer, taxcollector etc.. You guys should stop using Jesus na to scarm people abeg
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Censorme: 12:28pm On May 03, 2019
AgentGoat:

How much?

Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by TruthinAction: 12:31pm On May 03, 2019
If you think the op is saying the right thing, please like. Otherwise share.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Elliot2(m): 12:50pm On May 03, 2019
HigherEd:

You have said it all,bro.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 03, 2019
leofab:
is this why Christianity is filled with paupers?
Tell me non christians with legitimate business without corruption and how they make their money in this country.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by olaitonto(m): 1:09pm On May 03, 2019
marshalcarter:
I'll sit here and wait for the boss dem to come and judge grin

anybody care to share eggroll and trophy with me?? grin

LoLLLLz... Cool guys take TROPHY!
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Lanre0: 1:15pm On May 03, 2019
pulpit robbers brainwashing brainless individuals
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by lekonso: 1:22pm On May 03, 2019
HigherEd:

Your argument came from a deep thought, i think i learnt from it.
Re: Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa by Nobody: 2:17pm On May 03, 2019
The sheer number of gullible suckers in the world is alarming. As the saying goes, a sucker is born every minute. That's why there would never be an end to scams in this world (yahoo yahoo, man of God-ism, ponzi schemes, etc.).

Only a complete idiot would justify so-called men of God owning private jets and loving luxurious lifestyles for any reason at all.

And did I read one fool here compare charlatanical 'pastors' to entrepreneurs such as Dangote and Elumelu? It's a hopeless situation. I give up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"And The Lord Repented" / The Mightiness Of God’s Name / Kumuyi: Agitations Will End If Government Addresses Injustice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.